Short Answer Key
1. What year is it when the book begins?
2. What happens at Ellis Island during the year in which this book begins?
The highest number of immigrants are processed there.
3. Of the Schearl family, who arrives in America first?
4. Who has never seen David before David arrives in New York?
5. Who is in a foul mood as the Schearl family reunites?
6. Where was David born?
7. How old is David when the book begins?
8. What faith is the Schearl family?
9. How does Albert react to David when David first arrives in New York?
Albert criticizes David.
10. What is Genya's mood when the family reunites in New York?
11. What is David's reaction when he sees a funeral procession for the first time?
David is frightened.
12. On the day David...
This section contains 2,401 words|
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)