|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV: The Rail, Chapters 22-22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who revives David?
(b) An ambulance intern.
(d) A doctor.
2. What does David plan to throw on the trolley rail after he is punished for lying and helping Leo make advances on Nathan's daughter?
(a) A metal dipper.
(b) His belt.
(c) A coin.
3. What is David's reaction when he sees a funeral procession for the first time?
(a) David is excited.
(b) David is frightened.
(c) David is curious.
(d) David is sad.
4. Where does Albert get a job after he is fired?
(a) Dolman's Press.
(b) Bertha's Candy Shop.
(c) Finniman's Press.
(d) The New York Times.
5. Near the end of the book, what happens when David tries to reproduce the flash of light on the trolley rails?
(b) The dipper melts.
(c) The trolley runs over his hand.
(d) He gets caught before he can throw the dipper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the chants and rhymes of the girls playing remind David of?
2. What new thing for David is included in dinner when Luter first comes to visit?
3. What language do Genya and Bertha talk in that David cannot understand?
4. How does Albert view Bertha?
5. What kind of shop do Nathan and Bertha plan to open?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)