|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV: The Rail, Chapters 22-22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does David kick Yussie and give him a bloody nose?
(a) Yussie teases David about Annie.
(b) Yussie kicks him first.
(c) Yussie hits him with a hanger.
(d) Yussie calls Genya ugly.
2. Who forces David to go somewhere during his hallucination?
(b) An angel.
3. Where does Bertha meet Nathan?
(a) On the bus.
(b) At work.
(c) At the dentist's office.
(d) At church.
4. What falls from David's pocket as he is being beaten?
(a) A phone number.
(b) A rosary.
(c) A dirty picture.
5. What frightens David most about the thought of death?
(a) Being buried in the earth forever.
(b) Going to Hell.
(c) Being cold.
(d) Not seeing his mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the day David sees the funeral procession, what kind of contest does he see boys participating in?
2. After the milk is stolen, what does Albert hit David with?
3. Why is the rabbi angry with David when he attends cheder after going on Albert's milk route?
4. What does David pray for in Book IV?
5. How do David's rescuers get him off the rails?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)