|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV: The Rail, Chapters 22-22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During cheder, who insists that David tell what is bothering him?
(a) Esther and Polly.
(b) The rabbis.
(c) Albert and Genya.
(d) Nathan and Bertha.
2. As David returns home from Bertha's, who is he told is looking for him?
3. What faith is the Schearl family?
4. How do Leo and David get to Bertha's?
(a) On skates.
(b) On bikes.
(c) In a car.
5. In Book I, why is Albert fired from his job?
(a) He was caught drinking on the job.
(b) He made too many errors in his work.
(c) He threatened his coworkers.
(d) He missed too many days of work.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Genya marry Albert?
2. Where does David find the item he brings Albert to beat him with?
3. In the chapter "The Rail," what is David called on to do during cheder?
4. What accusation does Albert make against Genya in Book IV, Chapters 15-20?
5. What does Leo help Esther with?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)