|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV: The Rail, Chapters 22-22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does David kick Yussie and give him a bloody nose?
(a) Yussie kicks him first.
(b) Yussie hits him with a hanger.
(c) Yussie calls Genya ugly.
(d) Yussie teases David about Annie.
2. What is Leo's last name?
3. What language do Genya and Bertha talk in that David cannot understand?
4. What does David give Albert to beat him with when Albert learns about the events at Bertha's?
(a) A belt.
(b) A wooden spoon.
(c) A broken whip.
(d) A paddle.
5. What is David doing when he is electrocuted?
(a) Sitting on the rails.
(b) Retrieving the dipper.
(c) Throwing rocks at the rails.
(d) Trying to jump the rails.
Short Answer Questions
1. What effect do the quiet and the water of the river have on David?
2. Who revives David?
3. What does David realize about the story the boys who chase the bird tell him?
4. Why was Genya's father determined to marry her off?
5. What does David pray for in Book IV?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)