|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV: The Rail, Chapters 22-22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens while Esther and Polly are fighting?
(a) Their nightgowns fly up.
(b) Esther gives Polly a bloody nose.
(c) Esther accidently hits David.
(d) Bertha comes in.
2. Why does David's mother take so long to open the door?
(a) She is doing the laundry.
(b) She is bathing.
(c) She is cooking.
(d) She is asleep.
3. Why does Albert send David into his workplace alone?
(a) To tell Albert's boss Albert is ill.
(b) To beg for Albert's job.
(c) To collect Albert's things and his final paycheck.
(d) To ask the boss for a job for Genya.
4. What does David discover Genya liked to do as a girl?
(c) Ride horses.
5. Where does David find the item he brings Albert to beat him with?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) Albert's dresser drawer.
(c) Under the couch.
(d) In the bathroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Leo and Esther go to be alone?
2. Why is the rabbi angry with David when he attends cheder after going on Albert's milk route?
3. While the boys are taunting David in Book I, who comes to the Schearl's home?
4. Who recommends the ointment to treat David's burn?
5. What is the coming of age celebration for Jewish boys?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)