|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV: The Rail, Chapters 22-22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What fear that David had when he was younger returns in Book IV?
(b) Dark hallways and cellars.
2. What does David sit on in front of a store while he waits for Albert to calm down after beating him?
(a) A log.
(b) Milk cans.
(c) A chair.
(d) The step.
3. What was Genya's father's reaction to her affair?
(a) He was sorry it ended.
(b) He didn't care.
(c) He was quiet and sad.
(d) He verbally and physically abused her.
4. How old is David in Book I?
5. Of the Schearl family, who arrives in America first?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the coming of age celebration for Jewish boys?
2. "Goy" is a Jewish term for what?
3. David runs from Bertha's to where?
4. What is Genya's mood when the family reunites in New York?
5. During cheder, who insists that David tell what is bothering him?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)