|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV: The Rail, Chapters 22-22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time of the day does Albert work as a milkman?
(a) At night.
(b) In the afternoon.
(c) Only in the early hours of the morning.
(d) During the day.
2. Where does the rabbi send David from cheder in Book IV?
(a) The cellar.
(b) The store.
(d) The coat room.
3. Who does David see as his refuge?
(a) His mother.
4. Why does David kick Yussie and give him a bloody nose?
(a) Yussie teases David about Annie.
(b) Yussie calls Genya ugly.
(c) Yussie hits him with a hanger.
(d) Yussie kicks him first.
5. After Albert drops David off from the milk route, where is he instructed to go?
(a) To cheder.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to David's aid after he is electrocuted?
2. What happens to the trolley when David is electrocuted?
3. What effect do the quiet and the water of the river have on David?
4. In Book III, David climbs through a window to get into what building?
5. What is on the bottom floor of the flat David and his family live in at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)