|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV: The Rail, Chapters 22-22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does David see as his refuge?
(d) His mother.
2. What does David find during his hallucination?
(a) His real father.
(b) A rosary.
(c) Coal that gives off light but not heat or cold.
(d) A treasure.
3. What lie does David tell the rabbis about his father?
(a) His father is dead.
(b) His father is an organist in Europe.
(c) He never knew his father.
(d) His father is Nathan.
4. How do Leo and David avoid being seen by Bertha?
(a) They go to the back of the house.
(b) They hide under a bed.
(c) They hide in a closet.
(d) They duck.
5. What is David doing when he is electrocuted?
(a) Sitting on the rails.
(b) Throwing rocks at the rails.
(c) Trying to jump the rails.
(d) Retrieving the dipper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of the new apartment does David finds relaxing?
2. How does David feel about his father as Albert leaves at the end of the book?
3. On the day David sees the funeral procession, what kind of contest does he see boys participating in?
4. Who is Joe Luter?
5. What does David ask Genya about after seeing a funeral procession?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)