|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV: The Rail, Chapters 22-22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What signal reminds David to return home at the end of the day when he is playing outside?
(a) His father arriving home.
(b) His mother calls him.
(c) The other children returning home.
(d) A whistle signaling quitting time.
2. What happens to Albert that causes him to leave work before he can lash out at Luter?
(a) He is fired.
(b) Luter quits.
(c) He injurs his thumb.
(d) He is promoted.
3. What do the boys see through a window while chasing the bird?
(a) The bird returning home.
(b) David being beaten.
(c) A woman bathing.
(d) A woman sleeping.
4. Why does David's mother take so long to open the door?
(a) She is doing the laundry.
(b) She is cooking.
(c) She is bathing.
(d) She is asleep.
5. In the chapter "The Rail," what is David called on to do during cheder?
(a) Write a passage on the chalk board.
(b) Serve the rabbi tea.
(c) Read before the rabbi's supervisor.
(d) Recite a passage.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Albert's father was gored by a bull, what did Albert do to help him?
2. What does Genya make Albert promise never to do again after David kicks Yussie?
3. What is created when David is electrocuted?
4. Where does David go to try to find a pair of roller skates?
5. What does Annie try to do to David when Yussie leaves to get bread?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)