|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV: The Rail, Chapters 22-22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David think the coal used to cleanse Isaiah's mouth might be?
(a) Black and hot.
(b) White but not hot.
2. Where does Bertha meet Nathan?
(a) At the dentist's office.
(b) At church.
(c) On the bus.
(d) At work.
3. Why does Albert send David into his workplace alone?
(a) To tell Albert's boss Albert is ill.
(b) To ask the boss for a job for Genya.
(c) To beg for Albert's job.
(d) To collect Albert's things and his final paycheck.
4. Failing to burn a chumitz is a ____ in David's faith.
(a) A sign of luck.
(b) Minor sin.
(c) Major sin.
(d) Great honor.
5. Who finds out what is going on between Leo and Esther and threatens to tell Bertha?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does David find the item he brings Albert to beat him with?
2. How much milk is stolen from the wagon?
3. What does David find during his hallucination?
4. What is Genya's mood when the family reunites in New York?
5. How does Albert's face look when he learns his son nearly died?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)