|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV: The Rail, Chapters 22-22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does David feel about Albert's reaction to his near death?
2. In the chapter "The Rail," what is David called on to do during cheder?
(a) Serve the rabbi tea.
(b) Write a passage on the chalk board.
(c) Recite a passage.
(d) Read before the rabbi's supervisor.
3. What does David convince himself of while he roams the streets after lying to the rabbis?
(a) That he can blame the incident at Bertha's on Leo and Esther.
(b) That no one will find out about Leo and Esther.
(c) That he can tell his parents the rabbis are lying.
(d) That no one will find out about his lies.
4. What is Genya's mood when the family reunites in New York?
5. Why does Albert send David into his workplace alone?
(a) To ask the boss for a job for Genya.
(b) To tell Albert's boss Albert is ill.
(c) To beg for Albert's job.
(d) To collect Albert's things and his final paycheck.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Leo often go to play?
2. How much milk is stolen from the wagon?
3. Who looks after Leo during the day?
4. What year is it when the book begins?
5. How does David feel about the roof of his apartment building?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)