|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV: The Rail, Chapters 22-22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does David feel about his father as Albert leaves at the end of the book?
(a) David loves him.
(b) David hates him.
(c) David is proud of him.
(d) David pities him.
2. What does David pray for in Book IV?
(a) That he can stay at Bertha's.
(b) A job.
(c) That his father is not home.
(d) A dog.
3. What does Leo bribe David with to introduce him to his step cousins?
(a) His skates.
(c) A dirty picture.
(d) A broken rosary.
4. Whose picture is on the wall in Leo's house?
(b) A famous actor.
(c) The president.
5. What is Leo doing when David finds him after returning from Bertha's?
(a) Making lunch.
(b) Doing homework.
(c) Cleaning his room.
(d) Painting on a wall.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the boys began to chase the bird?
2. Who recommends the ointment to treat David's burn?
3. What kind of job does Albert look for after he leaves his job at Dolman's Press?
4. Who urges David to run outside until Albert's anger subsides?
5. What was Genya's father's reaction to her affair?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)