|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV: The Rail, Chapters 22-22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Bertha like compared to Genya?
(a) The complete opposite.
(b) Very much alike.
(c) More submissive.
(d) Much prettier.
2. "Goy" is a Jewish term for what?
(a) An atheist.
(b) A poor man.
(c) A handsome man.
(d) A Christian.
3. What effect do the quiet and the water of the river have on David?
(a) He falls asleep.
(b) He goes swimming.
(c) They bore him.
(d) They mesmerizes him.
4. What languages do Genya and Bertha talk in that David can understand?
(a) Italian and German.
(b) Spanish and German.
(c) Polish and English.
(d) Yiddish and English.
5. Where does Leo often go to play?
(a) The cellar.
(b) To Bertha's house.
(c) His old neighborhood.
(d) Behind the school.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Albert's face look when he learns his son nearly died?
2. Where does David go to burn the chumitz?
3. When Luter finds out that Genya has never left the neighborhood, what does he give Albert and Genya?
4. What happens to the trolley when David is electrocuted?
5. Who urges David to run outside until Albert's anger subsides?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)