|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV: The Rail, Chapters 22-22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David think the coal used to cleanse Isaiah's mouth might be?
(a) Black and hot.
(b) White but not hot.
2. Who carries David up the stairs following his electrocution?
(b) No one.
(d) A policeman.
3. What language do Genya and Bertha talk in that David cannot understand?
4. What effect do the quiet and the water of the river have on David?
(a) They bore him.
(b) He falls asleep.
(c) They mesmerizes him.
(d) He goes swimming.
5. What fear that David had when he was younger returns in Book IV?
(d) Dark hallways and cellars.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tries to stop Nathan from telling David's parents about what David and Leo did earlier in the day?
2. The morning after he hears about the bird chase, what does David find on the adjacent roof?
3. Who urges David to run outside until Albert's anger subsides?
4. Whose job is it to protect the wagon and the milk while the milk is being delivered?
5. What story does David read from a blue book after the incident with the group of boys at the trolley rails?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)