|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV: The Rail, Chapters 15-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During cheder, who insists that David tell what is bothering him?
(a) The rabbis.
(b) Nathan and Bertha.
(c) Esther and Polly.
(d) Albert and Genya.
2. Where is Luter from?
3. Who urges David to run outside until Albert's anger subsides?
(a) The rabbi.
4. What do the chants and rhymes of the girls playing remind David of?
(a) A sister that died.
(b) Sheep in a field.
(c) Being teased.
(d) Rivers, roads, and trees.
5. How does Rabbi Yidel feel about the younger generation of Jewish boys?
Short Answer Questions
1. What languages do Genya and Bertha talk in that David can understand?
2. Who is Mrs. Mink?
3. What was Genya's father's reaction to her affair?
4. Who tries to stop Nathan from telling David's parents about what David and Leo did earlier in the day?
5. Who used coal to cleanse Isaiah's mouth?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)