|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV: The Rail, Chapters 15-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Leo often go to play?
(a) The cellar.
(b) His old neighborhood.
(c) To Bertha's house.
(d) Behind the school.
2. What does David realize about the story the boys who chase the bird tell him?
(a) The woman is his Aunt Bertha.
(b) The woman is his mother.
(c) The boys actually killed the bird.
(d) It is all a lie.
3. Where does Bertha meet Nathan?
(a) On the bus.
(b) At church.
(c) At work.
(d) At the dentist's office.
4. What do the boys who chased the bird begin to talk about on the roof?
(a) The woman's anatomy.
5. Following the event with Leo and his cousin, what does David do during cheder?
(b) Yell at the rabbi.
(c) Get in a fight.
(d) Talk out of turn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Leo's last name?
2. Who is Joe Luter?
3. Who does David tell the rabbis told him the truth about his parents?
4. Who forces David to go somewhere during his hallucination?
5. What happens at Ellis Island during the year in which this book begins?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)