|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV: The Rail, Chapters 15-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why didn't Genya's lover run off with her?
(a) His parents forbid it.
(b) She didn't love him anymore.
(c) He died.
(d) He married someone else.
2. What frightens David most about the thought of death?
(a) Not seeing his mother.
(b) Being cold.
(c) Being buried in the earth forever.
(d) Going to Hell.
3. Where does David go to burn the chumitz?
(a) The ally.
(b) The East River.
(c) The roof.
(d) The harbor.
4. Where is Bertha from?
5. After the dinner with Nathan and the family becomes tense, what does Nathan suggest?
(a) That he leave.
(b) That David leave the table.
(c) That he and Albert step outside.
(d) That he and Bertha go for a walk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is on the bottom floor of the flat David and his family live in at the beginning of the book?
2. Who finds out what is going on between Leo and Esther and threatens to tell Bertha?
3. How old is David in Book I?
4. What happens at Ellis Island during the year in which this book begins?
5. How old is David when the book begins?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)