|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV: The Rail, Chapters 15-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does David feel when he learns his father will be home all day while he changes jobs?
2. How many floors are in the flat that David and his family first live in?
3. What happens at Ellis Island during the year in which this book begins?
(a) There is a bombing.
(b) The highest number of immigrants are processed there.
(c) The President gives a historic speech there.
(d) There is an earthquake.
4. Where does the rabbi send David from cheder in Book IV?
(b) The coat room.
(c) The store.
(d) The cellar.
5. Why does Luter stop coming to the Shearl's for dinner?
(a) He is going to a marriage broker.
(b) Genya slaps him.
(c) He overhears Genya calling him ugly.
(d) He has an argument with Albert.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the chants and rhymes of the girls playing remind David of?
2. Who babysits David while his parents go out in Book I?
3. What lie does David tell the rabbis about his father?
4. How old is David when the book begins?
5. What faith is the Schearl family?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)