|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV: The Rail, Chapters 15-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What language do Genya and Bertha talk in that David cannot understand?
2. As David returns home from Bertha's, who is he told is looking for him?
3. What does David find out about Albert's childhood?
(a) His mother was killed.
(b) He is an orphan.
(c) Albert's father was abusive.
(d) It was very happy.
4. What does David do when he reaches the top of the stairs after returning home from cheder in Book IV, Chapters 1-4?
(a) Reads a book.
(b) Bangs on the door.
(c) Falls asleep.
(d) Sits on the step and waits.
5. Where does David go after leaving the boys who chase the bird?
(a) The roof of his own building.
(b) The river.
(c) Leo's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Leo often go to play?
2. Where does Leo's mother work?
3. What does David realize about the story the boys who chase the bird tell him?
4. What happens at Ellis Island during the year in which this book begins?
5. When Genya was young, who did she have an affair with?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)