|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV: The Rail, Chapters 15-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Bertha like compared to Genya?
(a) The complete opposite.
(b) More submissive.
(c) Much prettier.
(d) Very much alike.
2. After Albert drops David off from the milk route, where is he instructed to go?
(d) To cheder.
3. Where does the rabbi send David from cheder in Book IV?
(a) The store.
(b) The cellar.
(d) The coat room.
4. In Book I, why is Albert fired from his job?
(a) He was caught drinking on the job.
(b) He missed too many days of work.
(c) He made too many errors in his work.
(d) He threatened his coworkers.
5. What happens to Albert that causes him to leave work before he can lash out at Luter?
(a) He is fired.
(b) He is promoted.
(c) He injurs his thumb.
(d) Luter quits.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David do to anger his father when Luter comes for Friday Sabbath dinner?
2. What story does David read from a blue book after the incident with the group of boys at the trolley rails?
3. How does David feel about the roof of his apartment building?
4. Where does David find the item he brings Albert to beat him with?
5. What does David find out about Albert's childhood?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)