|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV: The Rail, Chapters 15-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rabbi Yidel teach David?
2. What do the chants and rhymes of the girls playing remind David of?
(a) Rivers, roads, and trees.
(b) A sister that died.
(c) Sheep in a field.
(d) Being teased.
3. What effect do the quiet and the water of the river have on David?
(a) He goes swimming.
(b) They bore him.
(c) They mesmerizes him.
(d) He falls asleep.
4. Where do Leo and Esther go to be alone?
(a) Into the storage cellar.
(b) Leo's bedroom.
(c) Behind the candy store.
(d) Esther's bedroom.
5. Where was David born?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is on the bottom floor of the flat David and his family live in at the beginning of the book?
2. What religion is Leo?
3. Why does Albert take part of another milkman's route?
4. What languages do Genya and Bertha talk in that David can understand?
5. What does David convince himself of while he roams the streets after lying to the rabbis?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)