|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV: The Rail, Chapters 15-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What new thing for David is included in dinner when Luter first comes to visit?
(b) Table manners.
(d) Dinner rolls.
2. What lie does David tell the rabbis about his father?
(a) His father is an organist in Europe.
(b) His father is dead.
(c) His father is Nathan.
(d) He never knew his father.
3. Who looks after Leo during the day?
(a) Mrs. Mink.
(b) His mother.
4. What does Annie try to do to David when Yussie leaves to get bread?
(a) Get him in trouble with his mother.
(b) Get him to play tea party.
(c) Molest him.
(d) Hit him.
5. In the chapter "The Rail," what is David called on to do during cheder?
(a) Write a passage on the chalk board.
(b) Read before the rabbi's supervisor.
(c) Serve the rabbi tea.
(d) Recite a passage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of the new apartment does David finds relaxing?
2. Why does Albert take part of another milkman's route?
3. When David runs into a group of boys, what do they plan to drop on the trolley rail?
4. What does David do to earn a penny from an old woman?
5. Why didn't Genya's lover run off with her?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)