|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV: The Rail, Chapters 15-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Bertha like compared to Genya?
(a) Much prettier.
(b) Very much alike.
(c) The complete opposite.
(d) More submissive.
2. What language do Genya and Bertha talk in that David cannot understand?
3. Where is Luter from?
4. Where do David and his family move to after Albert gets a job as a milkman?
(a) Ellis Island.
(c) The Lower East Side.
(d) New Jersey.
5. How old is David when the book begins?
(a) A young man.
(b) A toddler.
(c) A school-aged boy.
(d) A teenager.
Short Answer Questions
1. What religion is Leo?
2. On the day David sees the funeral procession, what kind of contest does he see boys participating in?
3. After Albert drops David off from the milk route, where is he instructed to go?
4. Of the Schearl family, who arrives in America first?
5. What lie does David tell the rabbis about his father?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)