|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV: The Rail, Chapters 15-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Luter often come over to the Shearl's house?
(a) For dinner.
(b) To play with David.
(c) To drive Albert to work.
(d) To fix things around the apartment.
2. In Book I, where does Albert complain that he is being treated badly?
(b) In stores.
(d) The neighborhood.
3. Where do Leo and Esther go to be alone?
(a) Esther's bedroom.
(b) Leo's bedroom.
(c) Behind the candy store.
(d) Into the storage cellar.
4. What does David do when he reaches the top of the stairs after returning home from cheder in Book IV, Chapters 1-4?
(a) Falls asleep.
(b) Bangs on the door.
(c) Sits on the step and waits.
(d) Reads a book.
5. After the milk is stolen, what does Albert hit David with?
(a) A club.
(b) A milk bottle.
(c) The reins.
(d) A whip.
Short Answer Questions
1. After leaving home following the milk route incident, when does David plan to return home?
2. How does Albert react to David when David first arrives in New York?
3. Who dominates the dinner conversation when Nathan comes to dinner?
4. On the day David sees the funeral procession, what kind of contest does he see boys participating in?
5. What do the boys want to cause with the trolley rail?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)