|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV: The Rail, Chapters 15-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens at Ellis Island during the year in which this book begins?
(a) There is a bombing.
(b) There is an earthquake.
(c) The President gives a historic speech there.
(d) The highest number of immigrants are processed there.
2. In Book I, why does David knock a boy to the pavement?
(a) The boy speaks about Genya in a lewd manner.
(b) He runs into the boy during a game of catch.
(c) The boy calls him a dirty Jew.
(d) Yussie and the boys tease him about Albert beating him.
3. Who does David see as his refuge?
(c) His mother.
4. What does Genya make Albert promise never to do again after David kicks Yussie?
(a) Speak to Yussie again.
(b) Leave David alone.
(c) Beat David.
(d) Allow the boys to play together.
5. What does David ask Genya about after seeing a funeral procession?
(a) Her parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Joe Luter?
2. After the milk is stolen, what does Albert hit David with?
3. When David gets lost in the city, where does his mother come to pick him up?
4. What does Albert vow to do after being sent home from Dolman's Press?
5. In the chapter "The Rail," what is David called on to do during cheder?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)