|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV: The Rail, Chapters 15-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Leo and Esther go to be alone?
(a) Into the storage cellar.
(b) Esther's bedroom.
(c) Leo's bedroom.
(d) Behind the candy store.
2. Why does Leo want to meet David's cousins?
(a) He is lonely.
(b) He would like a job at the candy store.
(c) He doesn't know any girls.
(d) He hopes to fondle them.
3. How do Leo and David avoid being seen by Bertha?
(a) They go to the back of the house.
(b) They hide in a closet.
(c) They hide under a bed.
(d) They duck.
4. What does Annie try to do to David when Yussie leaves to get bread?
(a) Hit him.
(b) Get him in trouble with his mother.
(c) Molest him.
(d) Get him to play tea party.
5. How much milk is stolen from the wagon?
(a) Ten bottles.
(b) One case.
(c) The entire wagon.
(d) Two bottles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does David go to try to find a pair of roller skates?
2. In Book I, why is Albert fired from his job?
3. On the day David sees the funeral procession, what kind of contest does he see boys participating in?
4. Who is Mrs. Mink?
5. What idea does Bertha relish concerning running her own business?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)