|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV: The Rail, Chapters 15-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What lie does David tell the rabbis about his father?
(a) His father is dead.
(b) His father is an organist in Europe.
(c) He never knew his father.
(d) His father is Nathan.
2. What is the name of David's playmate who lives in the flat above his in Book I?
3. What does David discover Genya liked to do as a girl?
(d) Ride horses.
4. What part of the new apartment does David finds relaxing?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) His bedroom.
(c) The cellar.
(d) The skylight window.
5. What religion is Leo?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of shop do Nathan and Bertha plan to open?
2. How do Leo and David get to Bertha's?
3. When Genya was young, who did she have an affair with?
4. When Luter comes over while Albert is away, what does Genya realize about Luter?
5. What does David sit on in front of a store while he waits for Albert to calm down after beating him?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)