|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV: The Rail, Chapters 15-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Leo and David avoid being seen by Bertha?
(a) They go to the back of the house.
(b) They hide in a closet.
(c) They duck.
(d) They hide under a bed.
2. Who does Albert instruct David not to tell about the events during the milk route?
(a) The policemen.
(b) David's mother.
(c) Albert's boss.
(d) The rabbi.
3. What does David convince himself of while he roams the streets after lying to the rabbis?
(a) That no one will find out about Leo and Esther.
(b) That he can tell his parents the rabbis are lying.
(c) That he can blame the incident at Bertha's on Leo and Esther.
(d) That no one will find out about his lies.
4. David runs from Bertha's to where?
(a) The cheder school.
(b) Leo's house.
(c) The river.
(d) The roof.
5. On the day David sees the funeral procession, what kind of contest does he see boys participating in?
(b) Urinating in the snow.
(d) Throwing rocks at pigeons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is David's reaction when he sees a funeral procession for the first time?
2. Where is Bertha from?
3. What does David ask Genya about after seeing a funeral procession?
4. What does David find out about Albert's childhood?
5. Why didn't Genya's lover run off with her?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)