|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV: The Rail, Chapters 15-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bertha look like when she arrives in America?
(b) Disheveled and slovenly.
(c) Exactly like Genya.
(d) Successful and together.
2. What does David sit on in front of a store while he waits for Albert to calm down after beating him?
(a) A chair.
(b) The step.
(c) A log.
(d) Milk cans.
3. What does David discover Genya liked to do as a girl?
(c) Ride horses.
4. What does David do to earn a penny from an old woman?
(a) Help her cross the street.
(b) Go to the store for her.
(c) Carry her bags up the stairs.
(d) Light a lamp.
5. In Book I, why does David knock a boy to the pavement?
(a) The boy speaks about Genya in a lewd manner.
(b) Yussie and the boys tease him about Albert beating him.
(c) He runs into the boy during a game of catch.
(d) The boy calls him a dirty Jew.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is punched into unconsciousness after the milk is stolen?
2. What does Rabbi Yidel give David for reading an entire passage in Hebrew?
3. What happens while Esther and Polly are fighting?
4. What story does David read from a blue book after the incident with the group of boys at the trolley rails?
5. Where was David born?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)