|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV: The Rail, Chapters 15-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does David go to burn the chumitz?
(a) The East River.
(b) The roof.
(c) The ally.
(d) The harbor.
2. What is the coming of age celebration for Jewish boys?
(a) Bar Mitzvah.
3. Of the Schearl family, who arrives in America first?
4. When Luter finds out that Genya has never left the neighborhood, what does he give Albert and Genya?
(a) A map.
(b) His car.
(c) Theater tickets.
(d) Subway tickets.
5. Where do David and his family move to after Albert gets a job as a milkman?
(b) The Lower East Side.
(c) New Jersey.
(d) Ellis Island.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who babysits David while his parents go out in Book I?
2. Where is David moved to immediately after he is electrocuted?
3. What does David think the coal used to cleanse Isaiah's mouth might be?
4. What does David sit on in front of a store while he waits for Albert to calm down after beating him?
5. What does Rabbi Yidel teach David?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)