|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV: The Rail, Chapters 15-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What signal reminds David to return home at the end of the day when he is playing outside?
(a) A whistle signaling quitting time.
(b) His mother calls him.
(c) His father arriving home.
(d) The other children returning home.
2. Why does David's mother take so long to open the door?
(a) She is cooking.
(b) She is doing the laundry.
(c) She is bathing.
(d) She is asleep.
3. What does Annie try to do to David when Yussie leaves to get bread?
(a) Molest him.
(b) Get him in trouble with his mother.
(c) Get him to play tea party.
(d) Hit him.
4. Where do Leo and Esther go to be alone?
(a) Esther's bedroom.
(b) Into the storage cellar.
(c) Behind the candy store.
(d) Leo's bedroom.
5. What year is it when the book begins?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many floors are in the flat that David and his family first live in?
2. When Genya was young, who did she have an affair with?
3. Who does Bertha have David wake up?
4. Where does David go to try to find a pair of roller skates?
5. Who is dousing all the small fires set to burn the chumitz?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)