|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV: The Rail, Chapters 15-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does David consider running away when the milk is stolen?
(a) He is bored.
(b) He is afraid of Albert's reaction.
(c) He thinks he will be blamed for the theft.
(d) He will have to pay for the stolen milk.
2. Why did Genya marry Albert?
(a) He is handsome.
(b) They had similar goals.
(c) She loves him.
(d) To escape her father.
3. What faith is the Schearl family?
4. On the day David sees the funeral procession, what kind of contest does he see boys participating in?
(b) Urinating in the snow.
(d) Throwing rocks at pigeons.
5. What story does David read from a blue book after the incident with the group of boys at the trolley rails?
(a) David and Goliath.
(b) The Ten Commandments.
(c) Isaiah and the coal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does David meet in Book IV, Chapters 5-6
2. Where does Leo often go to play?
3. What does Annie try to do to David when Yussie leaves to get bread?
4. Why does Luter often come over to the Shearl's house?
5. When David arrives home after lying at cheder, who is there talking to his parents?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)