|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV: The Rail, Chapters 15-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rabbi Yidel give David for reading an entire passage in Hebrew?
(a) A nickel.
(b) A dime.
(c) A piece of candy.
(d) A penny.
2. What does David find out about Albert's childhood?
(a) It was very happy.
(b) He is an orphan.
(c) His mother was killed.
(d) Albert's father was abusive.
3. What part of the new apartment does David finds relaxing?
(a) His bedroom.
(b) The skylight window.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The cellar.
4. David runs from Bertha's to where?
(a) Leo's house.
(b) The roof.
(c) The cheder school.
(d) The river.
5. How does David feel about the roof of his apartment building?
(a) He thinks it is ugly.
(b) It scares him.
(c) It brings him peace and solitude.
(d) He wishes he could bring all his friends there.
Short Answer Questions
1. What accusation does Albert make against Genya in Book IV, Chapters 15-20?
2. What does David plan to throw on the trolley rail after he is punished for lying and helping Leo make advances on Nathan's daughter?
3. What signal reminds David to return home at the end of the day when he is playing outside?
4. Where does David go after leaving the boys who chase the bird?
5. In Book I, where does Albert complain that he is being treated badly?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)