|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV: The Rail, Chapters 15-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What industry does Albert work in at the beginning of the book?
(a) Paper mill.
(b) Garbage collection.
(c) Candy factory.
2. What does David think the coal used to cleanse Isaiah's mouth might be?
(a) White but not hot.
(c) Black and hot.
3. Who is punched into unconsciousness after the milk is stolen?
(a) A store owner.
(b) One of the theives.
4. What kind of shop do Nathan and Bertha plan to open?
(a) A candy shop.
(b) A book shop.
(c) A shoe store.
(d) A newspaper stand.
5. What does Annie try to do to David when Yussie leaves to get bread?
(a) Hit him.
(b) Get him in trouble with his mother.
(c) Molest him.
(d) Get him to play tea party.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Leo often go to play?
2. What is on the bottom floor of the flat David and his family live in at the beginning of the book?
3. According to David's mother, who is brighter than the brightest day?
4. "Goy" is a Jewish term for what?
5. Where is David moved to immediately after he is electrocuted?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)