|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV: The Rail, Chapter 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was David born?
2. What happens while Esther and Polly are fighting?
(a) Esther gives Polly a bloody nose.
(b) Their nightgowns fly up.
(c) Esther accidently hits David.
(d) Bertha comes in.
3. Who chases after the milk thieves?
(c) A store owner.
(d) A policeman.
4. What does David pray for in Book IV?
(a) That his father is not home.
(b) A job.
(c) A dog.
(d) That he can stay at Bertha's.
5. Why does Luter stop coming to the Shearl's for dinner?
(a) He is going to a marriage broker.
(b) Genya slaps him.
(c) He overhears Genya calling him ugly.
(d) He has an argument with Albert.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Goy" is a Jewish term for what?
2. After leaving home following the milk route incident, when does David plan to return home?
3. What idea does Bertha relish concerning running her own business?
4. Who does David see as his refuge?
5. When Luter comes over while Albert is away, what does Genya realize about Luter?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)