|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV: The Rail, Chapter 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Luter from?
2. What does David ask Genya about after seeing a funeral procession?
(a) Her parents.
3. What does David realize about the story the boys who chase the bird tell him?
(a) The boys actually killed the bird.
(b) It is all a lie.
(c) The woman is his mother.
(d) The woman is his Aunt Bertha.
4. Who used coal to cleanse Isaiah's mouth?
(a) The devil.
(c) Isaiah's mother.
(d) An angel.
5. When David gets lost in the city, where does his mother come to pick him up?
(a) The hospital.
(b) Leo's house.
(c) The cheder school.
(d) The police station.
Short Answer Questions
1. What frightens David most about the thought of death?
2. After leaving home following the milk route incident, when does David plan to return home?
3. What languages do Genya and Bertha talk in that David can understand?
4. Why does Albert take part of another milkman's route?
5. What does Albert vow to do after being sent home from Dolman's Press?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)