|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV: The Rail, Chapter 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does David feel about Luter's frequent visits?
2. Why does David's mother take so long to open the door?
(a) She is cooking.
(b) She is asleep.
(c) She is doing the laundry.
(d) She is bathing.
3. What was Genya's father's reaction to her affair?
(a) He verbally and physically abused her.
(b) He didn't care.
(c) He was sorry it ended.
(d) He was quiet and sad.
4. Who is dousing all the small fires set to burn the chumitz?
(a) A mail man.
(b) A policeman.
(c) A street cleaner.
(d) A fireman.
5. What do the chants and rhymes of the girls playing remind David of?
(a) Rivers, roads, and trees.
(b) Being teased.
(c) A sister that died.
(d) Sheep in a field.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Genya was young, who did she have an affair with?
2. What does David ask Genya about after seeing a funeral procession?
3. What faith is the Schearl family?
4. Where does David go to burn the chumitz?
5. What industry does Albert work in at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)