|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV: The Rail, Chapter 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What languages do Genya and Bertha talk in that David can understand?
(a) Yiddish and English.
(b) Polish and English.
(c) Italian and German.
(d) Spanish and German.
2. What was Genya's father's reaction to her affair?
(a) He was quiet and sad.
(b) He didn't care.
(c) He verbally and physically abused her.
(d) He was sorry it ended.
3. In Book I, what does Albert send David out in the freezing rain to get?
(d) A newspaper.
4. Where does David find the item he brings Albert to beat him with?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) Albert's dresser drawer.
(c) Under the couch.
(d) In the bathroom.
5. How does Albert view Bertha?
(b) Beautiful and shy.
(c) Mean but pretty.
(d) Crude and uncivilized.
Short Answer Questions
1. What faith is the Schearl family?
2. Where does the rabbi send David from cheder in Book IV?
3. In Book III, what does David begin to attend after school?
4. In Book I, where does Albert complain that he is being treated badly?
5. Of the Schearl family, who arrives in America first?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)