|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV: The Rail, Chapter 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of bird escapes from one of the flats?
(a) A robin..
(b) A parakeet.
(c) A parrot.
(d) A canary.
2. What was Genya's father's reaction to her affair?
(a) He was quiet and sad.
(b) He verbally and physically abused her.
(c) He was sorry it ended.
(d) He didn't care.
3. What time of the day does Albert work as a milkman?
(a) During the day.
(b) Only in the early hours of the morning.
(c) At night.
(d) In the afternoon.
4. Who is dousing all the small fires set to burn the chumitz?
(a) A street cleaner.
(b) A mail man.
(c) A fireman.
(d) A policeman.
5. Where does David go to avoid his father's return when he gets home after going on the milk route with Albert?
(a) Bertha's candy store.
(b) His room.
(c) The cellar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What signal reminds David to return home at the end of the day when he is playing outside?
2. What is on the bottom floor of the flat David and his family live in at the beginning of the book?
3. What is David's reaction when he sees a funeral procession for the first time?
4. What does David do to anger his father when Luter comes for Friday Sabbath dinner?
5. How does Albert react to David when David first arrives in New York?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)