|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV: The Rail, Chapter 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Genya marry Albert?
(a) She loves him.
(b) To escape her father.
(c) He is handsome.
(d) They had similar goals.
2. A chumitz is a Passover tradition to burn what?
(a) A wooden spoon.
(b) A bowl of oil.
(c) A candle.
3. How much milk is stolen from the wagon?
(a) Two bottles.
(b) One case.
(c) Ten bottles.
(d) The entire wagon.
4. What happens while Esther and Polly are fighting?
(a) Their nightgowns fly up.
(b) Bertha comes in.
(c) Esther accidently hits David.
(d) Esther gives Polly a bloody nose.
5. How many floors are in the flat that David and his family first live in?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rabbi Yidel teach David?
2. How old is David when the book begins?
3. Whose job is it to protect the wagon and the milk while the milk is being delivered?
4. Of the Schearl family, who arrives in America first?
5. What do the boys who chased the bird begin to talk about on the roof?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)