|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV: The Rail, Chapter 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does David see as his refuge?
(c) His mother.
2. What kind of bird escapes from one of the flats?
(a) A parakeet.
(b) A robin..
(c) A parrot.
(d) A canary.
3. Why does David consider running away when the milk is stolen?
(a) He thinks he will be blamed for the theft.
(b) He is bored.
(c) He will have to pay for the stolen milk.
(d) He is afraid of Albert's reaction.
4. What languages do Genya and Bertha talk in that David can understand?
(a) Yiddish and English.
(b) Italian and German.
(c) Polish and English.
(d) Spanish and German.
5. Where was David born?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who dominates the dinner conversation when Nathan comes to dinner?
2. What soothes David following the milk route incident?
3. What kind of shop do Nathan and Bertha plan to open?
4. Who used coal to cleanse Isaiah's mouth?
5. How old is David when the book begins?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)