|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV: The Rail, Chapter 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What idea does Bertha relish concerning running her own business?
(a) Being free to raise her children.
(b) Being her own boss.
(c) Choosing the candies.
(d) Having employees to boss around.
2. In Book I, why does David knock a boy to the pavement?
(a) The boy speaks about Genya in a lewd manner.
(b) Yussie and the boys tease him about Albert beating him.
(c) He runs into the boy during a game of catch.
(d) The boy calls him a dirty Jew.
3. What is the coming of age celebration for Jewish boys?
(a) Bar Mitzvah.
4. What is Bertha like compared to Genya?
(a) Much prettier.
(b) The complete opposite.
(c) Very much alike.
(d) More submissive.
5. Who chases after the milk thieves?
(a) A store owner.
(c) A policeman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who used coal to cleanse Isaiah's mouth?
2. In Book III, what does David begin to attend after school?
3. Where do David and his family move to after Albert gets a job as a milkman?
4. In Book I, why is Albert fired from his job?
5. On the day David sees the funeral procession, what kind of contest does he see boys participating in?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)