|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV: The Rail, Chapter 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Albert react to David when David first arrives in New York?
(a) Albert ignores David.
(b) Albert criticizes David.
(c) Albert is overjoyed to see David.
(d) Albert hugs David.
2. Where does the rabbi send David from cheder in Book IV?
(a) The coat room.
(c) The cellar.
(d) The store.
3. What does David do when he reaches the top of the stairs after returning home from cheder in Book IV, Chapters 1-4?
(a) Bangs on the door.
(b) Falls asleep.
(c) Sits on the step and waits.
(d) Reads a book.
4. What happens at Ellis Island during the year in which this book begins?
(a) There is an earthquake.
(b) The highest number of immigrants are processed there.
(c) There is a bombing.
(d) The President gives a historic speech there.
5. What does David discover Genya liked to do as a girl?
(a) Ride horses.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has never seen David before David arrives in New York?
2. What do the boys see through a window while chasing the bird?
3. What is Genya's mood when the family reunites in New York?
4. In Book I, why does David knock a boy to the pavement?
5. In Book III, David climbs through a window to get into what building?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)