|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV: The Rail, Chapter 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Goy" is a Jewish term for what?
(a) An atheist.
(b) A poor man.
(c) A handsome man.
(d) A Christian.
2. How does David feel about Leo's freedom?
3. What happens at Ellis Island during the year in which this book begins?
(a) There is a bombing.
(b) There is an earthquake.
(c) The President gives a historic speech there.
(d) The highest number of immigrants are processed there.
4. What part of the new apartment does David finds relaxing?
(a) The skylight window.
(b) The cellar.
(c) His bedroom.
(d) The kitchen.
5. What does Rabbi Yidel teach David?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the boys who chased the bird begin to talk about on the roof?
2. Who forces David to go somewhere during his hallucination?
3. What does David convince himself of while he roams the streets after lying to the rabbis?
4. In Book I, why is Albert fired from his job?
5. Who starts to take David to museums and landmarks?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)