|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV: The Rail, Chapter 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has never seen David before David arrives in New York?
(d) David's grandmother.
2. Why didn't Genya's lover run off with her?
(a) He died.
(b) His parents forbid it.
(c) She didn't love him anymore.
(d) He married someone else.
3. Who starts to take David to museums and landmarks?
(a) Mrs. Mink.
4. In Book I, why is Albert fired from his job?
(a) He made too many errors in his work.
(b) He threatened his coworkers.
(c) He was caught drinking on the job.
(d) He missed too many days of work.
5. What does David ask Genya about after seeing a funeral procession?
(b) Her parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of the Schearl family, who arrives in America first?
2. What does Bertha look like when she arrives in America?
3. What language do Genya and Bertha talk in that David cannot understand?
4. Where is Bertha from?
5. What does David's mother purchase to place in their kitchen?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)