|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV: The Rail, Chapter 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Genya make Albert promise never to do again after David kicks Yussie?
(a) Beat David.
(b) Allow the boys to play together.
(c) Speak to Yussie again.
(d) Leave David alone.
2. What does David realize about the story the boys who chase the bird tell him?
(a) The boys actually killed the bird.
(b) It is all a lie.
(c) The woman is his mother.
(d) The woman is his Aunt Bertha.
3. Why is the rabbi angry with David when he attends cheder after going on Albert's milk route?
(a) He knows what Albert did.
(b) He is late.
(c) David isn't able to perform adequately.
(d) He reads the wrong passage.
4. What does David think the coal used to cleanse Isaiah's mouth might be?
(a) White but not hot.
(d) Black and hot.
5. Who dominates the dinner conversation when Nathan comes to dinner?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does David go to burn the chumitz?
2. What fear that David had when he was younger returns in Book IV?
3. What do the boys who chased the bird begin to talk about on the roof?
4. What part of the new apartment does David finds relaxing?
5. Where does Albert get a job after he is fired?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)