|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV: The Rail, Chapter 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Albert get a job after he is fired?
(a) The New York Times.
(b) Finniman's Press.
(c) Bertha's Candy Shop.
(d) Dolman's Press.
2. Why does David consider running away when the milk is stolen?
(a) He is afraid of Albert's reaction.
(b) He is bored.
(c) He will have to pay for the stolen milk.
(d) He thinks he will be blamed for the theft.
3. Who does Albert instruct David not to tell about the events during the milk route?
(a) The rabbi.
(b) Albert's boss.
(c) David's mother.
(d) The policemen.
4. What does David realize about the story the boys who chase the bird tell him?
(a) The boys actually killed the bird.
(b) The woman is his Aunt Bertha.
(c) The woman is his mother.
(d) It is all a lie.
5. What is David's reaction when he sees a funeral procession for the first time?
(a) David is sad.
(b) David is frightened.
(c) David is curious.
(d) David is excited.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Genya's father's reaction to her affair?
2. Why does Luter stop coming to the Shearl's for dinner?
3. When Luter comes over while Albert is away, what does Genya realize about Luter?
4. What signal reminds David to return home at the end of the day when he is playing outside?
5. Where is Bertha from?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)