|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III: The Coal.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What languages do Genya and Bertha talk in that David can understand?
(a) Italian and German.
(b) Yiddish and English.
(c) Polish and English.
(d) Spanish and German.
2. Where does Bertha meet Nathan?
(a) At work.
(b) At the dentist's office.
(c) On the bus.
(d) At church.
3. What happens to Albert that causes him to leave work before he can lash out at Luter?
(a) He injurs his thumb.
(b) He is fired.
(c) He is promoted.
(d) Luter quits.
4. What story does David read from a blue book after the incident with the group of boys at the trolley rails?
(a) David and Goliath.
(b) Isaiah and the coal.
(c) The Ten Commandments.
5. How does David feel about Luter's frequent visits?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why didn't Genya's lover run off with her?
2. According to David's mother, who is brighter than the brightest day?
3. Why was Genya's father determined to marry her off?
4. What time of the day does Albert work as a milkman?
5. What do the boys want to cause with the trolley rail?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)