|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III: The Coal.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Genya make Albert promise never to do again after David kicks Yussie?
(a) Speak to Yussie again.
(b) Allow the boys to play together.
(c) Leave David alone.
(d) Beat David.
2. What industry does Albert work in at the beginning of the book?
(a) Paper mill.
(b) Garbage collection.
(c) Candy factory.
3. "Goy" is a Jewish term for what?
(a) A handsome man.
(b) A Christian.
(c) An atheist.
(d) A poor man.
4. What is Bertha like compared to Genya?
(a) Very much alike.
(b) Much prettier.
(c) More submissive.
(d) The complete opposite.
5. In Book I, where does Albert complain that he is being treated badly?
(c) In stores.
(d) The neighborhood.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is dousing all the small fires set to burn the chumitz?
2. What year is it when the book begins?
3. Where does David put the calendar pages he tears from the calendar every day?
4. Who is Mrs. Mink?
5. What faith is the Schearl family?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)