|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III: The Coal.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do David and his family move to after Albert gets a job as a milkman?
(b) The Lower East Side.
(c) New Jersey.
(d) Ellis Island.
2. Who has never seen David before David arrives in New York?
(c) David's grandmother.
3. What happens to Albert that causes him to leave work before he can lash out at Luter?
(a) He injurs his thumb.
(b) Luter quits.
(c) He is fired.
(d) He is promoted.
4. What signal reminds David to return home at the end of the day when he is playing outside?
(a) The other children returning home.
(b) His father arriving home.
(c) A whistle signaling quitting time.
(d) His mother calls him.
5. What does Genya make Albert promise never to do again after David kicks Yussie?
(a) Beat David.
(b) Allow the boys to play together.
(c) Speak to Yussie again.
(d) Leave David alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Bertha like compared to Genya?
2. What does David's mother purchase to place in their kitchen?
3. What kind of job does Albert look for after he leaves his job at Dolman's Press?
4. What does David ask Genya about after seeing a funeral procession?
5. What effect do the quiet and the water of the river have on David?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)