|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III: The Coal.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mrs. Mink?
(a) Luter's fiancee.
(b) Yussie's mother.
(c) Leo's mother.
(d) David's teacher.
2. What does David's mother purchase to place in their kitchen?
(a) A vase.
(b) A picture.
(c) A tea pot.
(d) A coffee maker.
3. What happens at Ellis Island during the year in which this book begins?
(a) There is an earthquake.
(b) The President gives a historic speech there.
(c) There is a bombing.
(d) The highest number of immigrants are processed there.
4. When Genya was young, who did she have an affair with?
(a) A rabbi.
(b) A Buddhist.
(c) A rich Jewish man.
(d) A goy church organist.
5. How does David feel about Luter's frequent visits?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Albert react to David when David first arrives in New York?
2. Why does Albert send David into his workplace alone?
3. What is David's reaction when he sees a funeral procession for the first time?
4. What does David think the coal used to cleanse Isaiah's mouth might be?
5. What is the name of David's playmate who lives in the flat above his in Book I?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)