|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III: The Coal.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does David go to burn the chumitz?
(a) The East River.
(b) The harbor.
(c) The ally.
(d) The roof.
2. What does Albert vow to do after being sent home from Dolman's Press?
(a) Never return to Dolman's Press.
(b) Get Luter fired.
(c) Kill Luter.
(d) Become a millionaire.
3. What does Annie try to do to David when Yussie leaves to get bread?
(a) Get him to play tea party.
(b) Hit him.
(c) Get him in trouble with his mother.
(d) Molest him.
4. Where does Bertha meet Nathan?
(a) At church.
(b) At the dentist's office.
(c) On the bus.
(d) At work.
5. What does David think the coal used to cleanse Isaiah's mouth might be?
(a) White but not hot.
(b) Black and hot.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Book I, why does David knock a boy to the pavement?
2. How does Rabbi Yidel feel about the younger generation of Jewish boys?
3. How does Albert treat Nathan when he came to dinner?
4. Why does Luter stop coming to the Shearl's for dinner?
5. Where is Luter from?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)