|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III: The Coal.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Genya was young, who did she have an affair with?
(a) A rabbi.
(b) A rich Jewish man.
(c) A Buddhist.
(d) A goy church organist.
2. How does Albert view Bertha?
(a) Beautiful and shy.
(b) Crude and uncivilized.
(c) Mean but pretty.
3. Who starts to take David to museums and landmarks?
(c) Mrs. Mink.
4. A chumitz is a Passover tradition to burn what?
(a) A wooden spoon.
(b) A candle.
(d) A bowl of oil.
5. What does Rabbi Yidel teach David?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens at Ellis Island during the year in which this book begins?
2. When Luter comes over while Albert is away, what does Genya realize about Luter?
3. When Luter finds out that Genya has never left the neighborhood, what does he give Albert and Genya?
4. In Book I, what does Albert send David out in the freezing rain to get?
5. Where was David born?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)