|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III: The Coal.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David think the coal used to cleanse Isaiah's mouth might be?
(a) White but not hot.
(c) Black and hot.
2. What does Rabbi Yidel give David for reading an entire passage in Hebrew?
(a) A penny.
(b) A dime.
(c) A nickel.
(d) A piece of candy.
3. In Book I, why is Albert fired from his job?
(a) He was caught drinking on the job.
(b) He threatened his coworkers.
(c) He made too many errors in his work.
(d) He missed too many days of work.
4. Where is Luter from?
5. What industry does Albert work in at the beginning of the book?
(a) Candy factory.
(b) Paper mill.
(d) Garbage collection.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Joe Luter?
2. In Book I, what does Albert send David out in the freezing rain to get?
3. What does Genya make Albert promise never to do again after David kicks Yussie?
4. Where is Bertha from?
5. What time of the day does Albert work as a milkman?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)