|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III: The Coal.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Luter finds out that Genya has never left the neighborhood, what does he give Albert and Genya?
(a) Theater tickets.
(b) His car.
(c) Subway tickets.
(d) A map.
2. When Genya was young, who did she have an affair with?
(a) A goy church organist.
(b) A Buddhist.
(c) A rabbi.
(d) A rich Jewish man.
3. Failing to burn a chumitz is a ____ in David's faith.
(a) A sign of luck.
(b) Major sin.
(c) Great honor.
(d) Minor sin.
4. Why does Luter often come over to the Shearl's house?
(a) To fix things around the apartment.
(b) To play with David.
(c) To drive Albert to work.
(d) For dinner.
5. Who is Mrs. Mink?
(a) David's teacher.
(b) Luter's fiancee.
(c) Leo's mother.
(d) Yussie's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. A chumitz is a Passover tradition to burn what?
2. What industry does Albert work in at the beginning of the book?
3. Where do David and his family move to after Albert gets a job as a milkman?
4. What frightens David most about the thought of death?
5. Who dominates the dinner conversation when Nathan comes to dinner?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)