|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III: The Coal.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What faith is the Schearl family?
2. When David gets lost in the city, where does his mother come to pick him up?
(a) The hospital.
(b) The police station.
(c) Leo's house.
(d) The cheder school.
3. What time of the day does Albert work as a milkman?
(a) In the afternoon.
(b) At night.
(c) Only in the early hours of the morning.
(d) During the day.
4. When Luter finds out that Genya has never left the neighborhood, what does he give Albert and Genya?
(a) Theater tickets.
(b) A map.
(c) Subway tickets.
(d) His car.
5. Failing to burn a chumitz is a ____ in David's faith.
(a) Minor sin.
(b) Great honor.
(c) Major sin.
(d) A sign of luck.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Bertha from?
2. On the day David sees the funeral procession, what kind of contest does he see boys participating in?
3. Who starts to take David to museums and landmarks?
4. Who has never seen David before David arrives in New York?
5. Who is dousing all the small fires set to burn the chumitz?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)