|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III: The Coal.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Failing to burn a chumitz is a ____ in David's faith.
(a) Great honor.
(b) A sign of luck.
(c) Minor sin.
(d) Major sin.
2. What frightens David most about the thought of death?
(a) Not seeing his mother.
(b) Being cold.
(c) Going to Hell.
(d) Being buried in the earth forever.
3. Of the Schearl family, who arrives in America first?
4. In Book I, why does David knock a boy to the pavement?
(a) He runs into the boy during a game of catch.
(b) The boy speaks about Genya in a lewd manner.
(c) The boy calls him a dirty Jew.
(d) Yussie and the boys tease him about Albert beating him.
5. What languages do Genya and Bertha talk in that David can understand?
(a) Yiddish and English.
(b) Polish and English.
(c) Spanish and German.
(d) Italian and German.
Short Answer Questions
1. What language do Genya and Bertha talk in that David cannot understand?
2. What is the name of David's playmate who lives in the flat above his in Book I?
3. Why did Genya marry Albert?
4. According to David's mother, who is brighter than the brightest day?
5. How does David feel when he learns his father will be home all day while he changes jobs?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)