|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III: The Coal.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Bertha like compared to Genya?
(a) The complete opposite.
(b) Very much alike.
(c) Much prettier.
(d) More submissive.
2. Who dominates the dinner conversation when Nathan comes to dinner?
3. In Book I, why is Albert fired from his job?
(a) He was caught drinking on the job.
(b) He missed too many days of work.
(c) He made too many errors in his work.
(d) He threatened his coworkers.
4. How old is David in Book I?
5. When Luter comes over while Albert is away, what does Genya realize about Luter?
(a) Luter is lonely.
(b) Luter is in love with Albert.
(c) Luter wants to have an affair with her.
(d) Luter plans to kidnap David.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Luter often come over to the Shearl's house?
2. Where does Albert get a job after he is fired?
3. What does Annie try to do to David when Yussie leaves to get bread?
4. What happens at Ellis Island during the year in which this book begins?
5. Who is in a foul mood as the Schearl family reunites?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)