|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III: The Coal.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Book I, what does Albert send David out in the freezing rain to get?
(a) A newspaper.
2. What does David do to earn a penny from an old woman?
(a) Light a lamp.
(b) Help her cross the street.
(c) Carry her bags up the stairs.
(d) Go to the store for her.
3. What does Rabbi Yidel give David for reading an entire passage in Hebrew?
(a) A piece of candy.
(b) A penny.
(c) A dime.
(d) A nickel.
4. In Book III, David climbs through a window to get into what building?
(a) A candy store.
(b) His home.
(c) The elementry school.
(d) The cheder school.
5. How does David feel when he learns his father will be home all day while he changes jobs?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does David put the calendar pages he tears from the calendar every day?
2. What happens to Albert that causes him to leave work before he can lash out at Luter?
3. How does Albert view Bertha?
4. What does Bertha look like when she arrives in America?
5. What is the coming of age celebration for Jewish boys?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)