|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III: The Coal.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What idea does Bertha relish concerning running her own business?
(a) Having employees to boss around.
(b) Being her own boss.
(c) Being free to raise her children.
(d) Choosing the candies.
2. Where does Bertha meet Nathan?
(a) At work.
(b) At the dentist's office.
(c) At church.
(d) On the bus.
3. What does David's mother purchase to place in their kitchen?
(a) A vase.
(b) A tea pot.
(c) A coffee maker.
(d) A picture.
4. Why did Genya marry Albert?
(a) To escape her father.
(b) She loves him.
(c) They had similar goals.
(d) He is handsome.
5. In Book I, where does Albert complain that he is being treated badly?
(b) In stores.
(c) The neighborhood.
Short Answer Questions
1. While the boys are taunting David in Book I, who comes to the Schearl's home?
2. Where is Luter from?
3. Who is Joe Luter?
4. What happens to Albert that causes him to leave work before he can lash out at Luter?
5. What languages do Genya and Bertha talk in that David can understand?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)