|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III: The Coal.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What new thing for David is included in dinner when Luter first comes to visit?
(a) Dinner rolls.
(c) Table manners.
2. What does Albert vow to do after being sent home from Dolman's Press?
(a) Become a millionaire.
(b) Never return to Dolman's Press.
(c) Kill Luter.
(d) Get Luter fired.
3. Where does Bertha meet Nathan?
(a) At work.
(b) At the dentist's office.
(c) At church.
(d) On the bus.
4. What is Bertha like compared to Genya?
(a) Very much alike.
(b) More submissive.
(c) The complete opposite.
(d) Much prettier.
5. Who is dousing all the small fires set to burn the chumitz?
(a) A mail man.
(b) A fireman.
(c) A street cleaner.
(d) A policeman.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Albert react to David when David first arrives in New York?
2. After the dinner with Nathan and the family becomes tense, what does Nathan suggest?
3. Where is Luter from?
4. What languages do Genya and Bertha talk in that David can understand?
5. When Genya was young, who did she have an affair with?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)