|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III: The Coal.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is in a foul mood as the Schearl family reunites?
2. What was Genya's father's reaction to her affair?
(a) He didn't care.
(b) He verbally and physically abused her.
(c) He was quiet and sad.
(d) He was sorry it ended.
3. Why was Genya's father determined to marry her off?
(a) He wanted her husband to take care of her.
(b) She was "ruined."
(c) He and his wife wanted to be alone.
(d) He wanted the best for her.
4. What does David's mother purchase to place in their kitchen?
(a) A tea pot.
(b) A vase.
(c) A picture.
(d) A coffee maker.
5. Where is Luter from?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does David put the calendar pages he tears from the calendar every day?
2. What signal reminds David to return home at the end of the day when he is playing outside?
3. What is Genya's mood when the family reunites in New York?
4. Who babysits David while his parents go out in Book I?
5. Of the Schearl family, who arrives in America first?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)