|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III: The Coal.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Genya's mood when the family reunites in New York?
2. What does Albert vow to do after being sent home from Dolman's Press?
(a) Kill Luter.
(b) Get Luter fired.
(c) Become a millionaire.
(d) Never return to Dolman's Press.
3. What does David do to anger his father when Luter comes for Friday Sabbath dinner?
(a) Talks out of turn.
(b) Fails to offer Luter wine.
(c) Spills soup.
4. When Luter finds out that Genya has never left the neighborhood, what does he give Albert and Genya?
(a) Subway tickets.
(b) His car.
(c) A map.
(d) Theater tickets.
5. A chumitz is a Passover tradition to burn what?
(a) A wooden spoon.
(b) A candle.
(c) A bowl of oil.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Annie try to do to David when Yussie leaves to get bread?
2. Why does Albert send David into his workplace alone?
3. What does Bertha look like when she arrives in America?
4. Where does David go to burn the chumitz?
5. Where does David put the calendar pages he tears from the calendar every day?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)