|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III: The Coal.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What faith is the Schearl family?
2. What do the boys want to cause with the trolley rail?
(a) A fire.
(b) An electric flash.
(c) An arch.
(d) A black out.
3. How old is David when the book begins?
(a) A school-aged boy.
(b) A teenager.
(c) A young man.
(d) A toddler.
4. Who is Mrs. Mink?
(a) Luter's fiancee.
(b) Leo's mother.
(c) Yussie's mother.
(d) David's teacher.
5. In Book I, why does David knock a boy to the pavement?
(a) He runs into the boy during a game of catch.
(b) The boy calls him a dirty Jew.
(c) The boy speaks about Genya in a lewd manner.
(d) Yussie and the boys tease him about Albert beating him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is dousing all the small fires set to burn the chumitz?
2. Where does David put the calendar pages he tears from the calendar every day?
3. How does Albert react to David when David first arrives in New York?
4. Who dominates the dinner conversation when Nathan comes to dinner?
5. In Book I, why is Albert fired from his job?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)