|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III: The Coal.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Luter comes over while Albert is away, what does Genya realize about Luter?
(a) Luter plans to kidnap David.
(b) Luter wants to have an affair with her.
(c) Luter is in love with Albert.
(d) Luter is lonely.
2. Who dominates the dinner conversation when Nathan comes to dinner?
3. How does Albert react to David when David first arrives in New York?
(a) Albert hugs David.
(b) Albert criticizes David.
(c) Albert ignores David.
(d) Albert is overjoyed to see David.
4. In Book I, why is Albert fired from his job?
(a) He made too many errors in his work.
(b) He was caught drinking on the job.
(c) He missed too many days of work.
(d) He threatened his coworkers.
5. Where does Albert get a job after he is fired?
(a) The New York Times.
(b) Finniman's Press.
(c) Dolman's Press.
(d) Bertha's Candy Shop.
Short Answer Questions
1. What idea does Bertha relish concerning running her own business?
2. How does Albert treat Nathan when he came to dinner?
3. What does David do to anger his father when Luter comes for Friday Sabbath dinner?
4. How does Rabbi Yidel feel about the younger generation of Jewish boys?
5. What does David discover Genya liked to do as a girl?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)