|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III: The Coal.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When David gets lost in the city, where does his mother come to pick him up?
(a) The hospital.
(b) The police station.
(c) Leo's house.
(d) The cheder school.
2. What does David do to earn a penny from an old woman?
(a) Help her cross the street.
(b) Go to the store for her.
(c) Carry her bags up the stairs.
(d) Light a lamp.
3. Where does David put the calendar pages he tears from the calendar every day?
(a) In the garbage.
(b) Under his bed.
(c) In a shoe box.
(d) In the fireplace.
4. Why didn't Genya's lover run off with her?
(a) She didn't love him anymore.
(b) His parents forbid it.
(c) He died.
(d) He married someone else.
5. Where does David go to burn the chumitz?
(a) The ally.
(b) The harbor.
(c) The roof.
(d) The East River.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Luter finds out that Genya has never left the neighborhood, what does he give Albert and Genya?
2. What story does David read from a blue book after the incident with the group of boys at the trolley rails?
3. Of the Schearl family, who arrives in America first?
4. What new thing for David is included in dinner when Luter first comes to visit?
5. According to David's mother, who is brighter than the brightest day?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)