|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III: The Coal.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Luter stop coming to the Shearl's for dinner?
(a) He overhears Genya calling him ugly.
(b) He has an argument with Albert.
(c) He is going to a marriage broker.
(d) Genya slaps him.
2. When David runs into a group of boys, what do they plan to drop on the trolley rail?
(a) A spike.
(b) A stick.
(c) A piece of pipe.
(d) A metal wire.
3. In Book I, where does Albert complain that he is being treated badly?
(c) The neighborhood.
(d) In stores.
4. How does David feel when he learns his father will be home all day while he changes jobs?
5. What language do Genya and Bertha talk in that David cannot understand?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is David's reaction when he sees a funeral procession for the first time?
2. Where does Albert get a job after he is fired?
3. Who is in a foul mood as the Schearl family reunites?
4. In Book I, why is Albert fired from his job?
5. How does Rabbi Yidel feel about the younger generation of Jewish boys?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)