|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III: The Coal.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Book I, what does Albert send David out in the freezing rain to get?
(b) A newspaper.
2. How does Albert view Bertha?
(a) Beautiful and shy.
(c) Crude and uncivilized.
(d) Mean but pretty.
3. How many floors are in the flat that David and his family first live in?
4. Why does David kick Yussie and give him a bloody nose?
(a) Yussie calls Genya ugly.
(b) Yussie teases David about Annie.
(c) Yussie kicks him first.
(d) Yussie hits him with a hanger.
5. In Book III, David climbs through a window to get into what building?
(a) The cheder school.
(b) A candy store.
(c) The elementry school.
(d) His home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Genya's father determined to marry her off?
2. Where does David go to burn the chumitz?
3. What idea does Bertha relish concerning running her own business?
4. When David runs into a group of boys, what do they plan to drop on the trolley rail?
5. What year is it when the book begins?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)