|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III: The Coal.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Book III, David climbs through a window to get into what building?
(a) The elementry school.
(b) His home.
(c) The cheder school.
(d) A candy store.
2. What does Albert vow to do after being sent home from Dolman's Press?
(a) Get Luter fired.
(b) Never return to Dolman's Press.
(c) Kill Luter.
(d) Become a millionaire.
3. What do the boys want to cause with the trolley rail?
(a) An arch.
(b) An electric flash.
(c) A black out.
(d) A fire.
4. What language do Genya and Bertha talk in that David cannot understand?
5. Why was Genya's father determined to marry her off?
(a) He wanted the best for her.
(b) She was "ruined."
(c) He and his wife wanted to be alone.
(d) He wanted her husband to take care of her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of shop do Nathan and Bertha plan to open?
2. Where was David born?
3. How many floors are in the flat that David and his family first live in?
4. How does Albert react to David when David first arrives in New York?
5. What faith is the Schearl family?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)