|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III: The Coal.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A chumitz is a Passover tradition to burn what?
(a) A candle.
(c) A bowl of oil.
(d) A wooden spoon.
2. What does Annie try to do to David when Yussie leaves to get bread?
(a) Hit him.
(b) Get him to play tea party.
(c) Get him in trouble with his mother.
(d) Molest him.
3. Where does Bertha meet Nathan?
(a) At the dentist's office.
(b) At work.
(c) On the bus.
(d) At church.
4. What does Albert vow to do after being sent home from Dolman's Press?
(a) Kill Luter.
(b) Become a millionaire.
(c) Never return to Dolman's Press.
(d) Get Luter fired.
5. What industry does Albert work in at the beginning of the book?
(a) Candy factory.
(b) Paper mill.
(d) Garbage collection.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does David kick Yussie and give him a bloody nose?
2. When Luter comes over while Albert is away, what does Genya realize about Luter?
3. What do the boys want to cause with the trolley rail?
4. When Genya was young, who did she have an affair with?
5. What does David do to anger his father when Luter comes for Friday Sabbath dinner?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)