|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III: The Coal.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does David feel when he learns his father will be home all day while he changes jobs?
2. Who dominates the dinner conversation when Nathan comes to dinner?
3. Who used coal to cleanse Isaiah's mouth?
(a) An angel.
(b) Isaiah's mother.
(c) The devil.
4. What is Bertha like compared to Genya?
(a) Much prettier.
(b) The complete opposite.
(c) More submissive.
(d) Very much alike.
5. When Luter finds out that Genya has never left the neighborhood, what does he give Albert and Genya?
(a) Theater tickets.
(b) A map.
(c) Subway tickets.
(d) His car.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rabbi Yidel feel about the younger generation of Jewish boys?
2. Who is Mrs. Mink?
3. What faith is the Schearl family?
4. Who has never seen David before David arrives in New York?
5. After the dinner with Nathan and the family becomes tense, what does Nathan suggest?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)