|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III: The Coal.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When David gets lost in the city, where does his mother come to pick him up?
(a) The hospital.
(b) Leo's house.
(c) The cheder school.
(d) The police station.
2. What industry does Albert work in at the beginning of the book?
(b) Candy factory.
(c) Garbage collection.
(d) Paper mill.
3. How does Rabbi Yidel feel about the younger generation of Jewish boys?
4. Who is in a foul mood as the Schearl family reunites?
5. What signal reminds David to return home at the end of the day when he is playing outside?
(a) His father arriving home.
(b) The other children returning home.
(c) A whistle signaling quitting time.
(d) His mother calls him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does David feel about Luter's frequent visits?
2. What does David do to earn a penny from an old woman?
3. In Book III, David climbs through a window to get into what building?
4. "Goy" is a Jewish term for what?
5. What does David discover Genya liked to do as a girl?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)