|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III: The Coal.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What effect do the quiet and the water of the river have on David?
(a) They mesmerizes him.
(b) He goes swimming.
(c) He falls asleep.
(d) They bore him.
2. Why does Albert send David into his workplace alone?
(a) To ask the boss for a job for Genya.
(b) To beg for Albert's job.
(c) To collect Albert's things and his final paycheck.
(d) To tell Albert's boss Albert is ill.
3. Where do David and his family move to after Albert gets a job as a milkman?
(a) Ellis Island.
(b) The Lower East Side.
(d) New Jersey.
4. How does Rabbi Yidel feel about the younger generation of Jewish boys?
5. What faith is the Schearl family?
Short Answer Questions
1. What new thing for David is included in dinner when Luter first comes to visit?
2. While the boys are taunting David in Book I, who comes to the Schearl's home?
3. What does David think the coal used to cleanse Isaiah's mouth might be?
4. Who used coal to cleanse Isaiah's mouth?
5. Where does Bertha meet Nathan?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)