|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III: The Coal.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David do to anger his father when Luter comes for Friday Sabbath dinner?
(a) Fails to offer Luter wine.
(b) Spills soup.
(c) Talks out of turn.
2. What languages do Genya and Bertha talk in that David can understand?
(a) Spanish and German.
(b) Yiddish and English.
(c) Polish and English.
(d) Italian and German.
3. When Genya was young, who did she have an affair with?
(a) A rich Jewish man.
(b) A rabbi.
(c) A goy church organist.
(d) A Buddhist.
4. Why did Genya marry Albert?
(a) They had similar goals.
(b) To escape her father.
(c) He is handsome.
(d) She loves him.
5. Who is dousing all the small fires set to burn the chumitz?
(a) A mail man.
(b) A fireman.
(c) A policeman.
(d) A street cleaner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why didn't Genya's lover run off with her?
2. What kind of shop do Nathan and Bertha plan to open?
3. What story does David read from a blue book after the incident with the group of boys at the trolley rails?
4. A chumitz is a Passover tradition to burn what?
5. Why was Genya's father determined to marry her off?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)