|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III: The Coal.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Bertha from?
2. When Luter comes over while Albert is away, what does Genya realize about Luter?
(a) Luter is lonely.
(b) Luter plans to kidnap David.
(c) Luter is in love with Albert.
(d) Luter wants to have an affair with her.
3. After the dinner with Nathan and the family becomes tense, what does Nathan suggest?
(a) That David leave the table.
(b) That he and Albert step outside.
(c) That he leave.
(d) That he and Bertha go for a walk.
4. What does David discover Genya liked to do as a girl?
(d) Ride horses.
5. According to David's mother, who is brighter than the brightest day?
(a) An angel.
(c) The devil.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is David in Book I?
2. Who is Joe Luter?
3. Where does David go to burn the chumitz?
4. What does David do to anger his father when Luter comes for Friday Sabbath dinner?
5. Why didn't Genya's lover run off with her?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)