|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III: The Coal.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who used coal to cleanse Isaiah's mouth?
(a) The devil.
(c) Isaiah's mother.
(d) An angel.
2. Where does Bertha meet Nathan?
(a) At the dentist's office.
(b) At church.
(c) At work.
(d) On the bus.
3. What does David ask Genya about after seeing a funeral procession?
(c) Her parents.
4. Who starts to take David to museums and landmarks?
(b) Mrs. Mink.
5. Why did Genya marry Albert?
(a) He is handsome.
(b) She loves him.
(c) To escape her father.
(d) They had similar goals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time of the day does Albert work as a milkman?
2. Failing to burn a chumitz is a ____ in David's faith.
3. How does Albert view Bertha?
4. Why does David kick Yussie and give him a bloody nose?
5. What is the name of David's playmate who lives in the flat above his in Book I?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)