|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III: The Coal.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David's mother purchase to place in their kitchen?
(a) A picture.
(b) A coffee maker.
(c) A vase.
(d) A tea pot.
2. In Book I, why does David knock a boy to the pavement?
(a) The boy speaks about Genya in a lewd manner.
(b) Yussie and the boys tease him about Albert beating him.
(c) He runs into the boy during a game of catch.
(d) The boy calls him a dirty Jew.
3. What time of the day does Albert work as a milkman?
(a) Only in the early hours of the morning.
(b) In the afternoon.
(c) At night.
(d) During the day.
4. What languages do Genya and Bertha talk in that David can understand?
(a) Polish and English.
(b) Yiddish and English.
(c) Italian and German.
(d) Spanish and German.
5. "Goy" is a Jewish term for what?
(a) An atheist.
(b) A Christian.
(c) A handsome man.
(d) A poor man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Luter stop coming to the Shearl's for dinner?
2. Why was Genya's father determined to marry her off?
3. What do the boys want to cause with the trolley rail?
4. Why does David kick Yussie and give him a bloody nose?
5. Why does Luter often come over to the Shearl's house?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)