|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III: The Coal.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the coming of age celebration for Jewish boys?
(b) Bar Mitzvah.
2. Where is Bertha from?
3. How old is David when the book begins?
(a) A school-aged boy.
(b) A toddler.
(c) A young man.
(d) A teenager.
4. When Genya was young, who did she have an affair with?
(a) A rabbi.
(b) A rich Jewish man.
(c) A goy church organist.
(d) A Buddhist.
5. How old is David in Book I?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does David feel when he learns his father will be home all day while he changes jobs?
2. Why does Albert send David into his workplace alone?
3. On the day David sees the funeral procession, what kind of contest does he see boys participating in?
4. When David gets lost in the city, where does his mother come to pick him up?
5. How does Rabbi Yidel feel about the younger generation of Jewish boys?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)