|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III: The Coal.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What idea does Bertha relish concerning running her own business?
(a) Having employees to boss around.
(b) Choosing the candies.
(c) Being her own boss.
(d) Being free to raise her children.
2. What does David think the coal used to cleanse Isaiah's mouth might be?
(b) White but not hot.
(d) Black and hot.
3. Where is Bertha from?
4. In Book III, David climbs through a window to get into what building?
(a) His home.
(b) The cheder school.
(c) The elementry school.
(d) A candy store.
5. What happens at Ellis Island during the year in which this book begins?
(a) The President gives a historic speech there.
(b) There is a bombing.
(c) There is an earthquake.
(d) The highest number of immigrants are processed there.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the day David sees the funeral procession, what kind of contest does he see boys participating in?
2. What kind of job does Albert look for after he leaves his job at Dolman's Press?
3. Who has never seen David before David arrives in New York?
4. After the dinner with Nathan and the family becomes tense, what does Nathan suggest?
5. Where does Albert get a job after he is fired?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)