|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III: The Coal.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Luter finds out that Genya has never left the neighborhood, what does he give Albert and Genya?
(a) His car.
(b) Theater tickets.
(c) Subway tickets.
(d) A map.
2. On the day David sees the funeral procession, what kind of contest does he see boys participating in?
(b) Urinating in the snow.
(d) Throwing rocks at pigeons.
3. Why was Genya's father determined to marry her off?
(a) She was "ruined."
(b) He wanted her husband to take care of her.
(c) He and his wife wanted to be alone.
(d) He wanted the best for her.
4. Who is dousing all the small fires set to burn the chumitz?
(a) A fireman.
(b) A street cleaner.
(c) A mail man.
(d) A policeman.
5. What does David discover Genya liked to do as a girl?
(c) Ride horses.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Book I, what does Albert send David out in the freezing rain to get?
2. What languages do Genya and Bertha talk in that David can understand?
3. What effect do the quiet and the water of the river have on David?
4. How does David feel about Luter's frequent visits?
5. What is the name of David's playmate who lives in the flat above his in Book I?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)