|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III: The Coal.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does David feel about Luter's frequent visits?
2. What industry does Albert work in at the beginning of the book?
(a) Candy factory.
(b) Garbage collection.
(d) Paper mill.
3. Why didn't Genya's lover run off with her?
(a) His parents forbid it.
(b) He married someone else.
(c) He died.
(d) She didn't love him anymore.
4. Who babysits David while his parents go out in Book I?
(c) Mrs. Mink.
5. Who is dousing all the small fires set to burn the chumitz?
(a) A fireman.
(b) A policeman.
(c) A mail man.
(d) A street cleaner.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Goy" is a Jewish term for what?
2. Why did Genya marry Albert?
3. Why was Genya's father determined to marry her off?
4. When David gets lost in the city, where does his mother come to pick him up?
5. Why does Luter often come over to the Shearl's house?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)