|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III: The Coal.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many floors are in the flat that David and his family first live in?
2. In Book I, why does David knock a boy to the pavement?
(a) The boy calls him a dirty Jew.
(b) He runs into the boy during a game of catch.
(c) Yussie and the boys tease him about Albert beating him.
(d) The boy speaks about Genya in a lewd manner.
3. Where is Luter from?
4. Where does Bertha meet Nathan?
(a) At the dentist's office.
(b) At work.
(c) At church.
(d) On the bus.
5. What does Genya make Albert promise never to do again after David kicks Yussie?
(a) Beat David.
(b) Speak to Yussie again.
(c) Allow the boys to play together.
(d) Leave David alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bertha look like when she arrives in America?
2. What idea does Bertha relish concerning running her own business?
3. Who is dousing all the small fires set to burn the chumitz?
4. Why does Luter stop coming to the Shearl's for dinner?
5. How old is David when the book begins?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)