|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III: The Coal.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who used coal to cleanse Isaiah's mouth?
(a) An angel.
(c) Isaiah's mother.
(d) The devil.
2. What effect do the quiet and the water of the river have on David?
(a) He goes swimming.
(b) They bore him.
(c) They mesmerizes him.
(d) He falls asleep.
3. What happens to Albert that causes him to leave work before he can lash out at Luter?
(a) He injurs his thumb.
(b) Luter quits.
(c) He is fired.
(d) He is promoted.
4. What is David's reaction when he sees a funeral procession for the first time?
(a) David is sad.
(b) David is frightened.
(c) David is curious.
(d) David is excited.
5. What language do Genya and Bertha talk in that David cannot understand?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mrs. Mink?
2. In Book I, what does Albert send David out in the freezing rain to get?
3. When Luter comes over while Albert is away, what does Genya realize about Luter?
4. How does Albert react to David when David first arrives in New York?
5. What frightens David most about the thought of death?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)