|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III: The Coal.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do David and his family move to after Albert gets a job as a milkman?
(a) The Lower East Side.
(c) Ellis Island.
(d) New Jersey.
2. In Book III, David climbs through a window to get into what building?
(a) A candy store.
(b) The cheder school.
(c) His home.
(d) The elementry school.
3. What languages do Genya and Bertha talk in that David can understand?
(a) Spanish and German.
(b) Yiddish and English.
(c) Italian and German.
(d) Polish and English.
4. Where does David put the calendar pages he tears from the calendar every day?
(a) In the fireplace.
(b) Under his bed.
(c) In a shoe box.
(d) In the garbage.
5. How does David feel about Luter's frequent visits?
Short Answer Questions
1. While the boys are taunting David in Book I, who comes to the Schearl's home?
2. What is the name of David's playmate who lives in the flat above his in Book I?
3. Why does Luter stop coming to the Shearl's for dinner?
4. What does David do to anger his father when Luter comes for Friday Sabbath dinner?
5. Who dominates the dinner conversation when Nathan comes to dinner?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)