|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II: The Picture.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What frightens David most about the thought of death?
(a) Not seeing his mother.
(b) Being buried in the earth forever.
(c) Going to Hell.
(d) Being cold.
2. Why was Genya's father determined to marry her off?
(a) He and his wife wanted to be alone.
(b) He wanted the best for her.
(c) She was "ruined."
(d) He wanted her husband to take care of her.
3. Why didn't Genya's lover run off with her?
(a) He died.
(b) His parents forbid it.
(c) He married someone else.
(d) She didn't love him anymore.
4. Why does David kick Yussie and give him a bloody nose?
(a) Yussie teases David about Annie.
(b) Yussie calls Genya ugly.
(c) Yussie kicks him first.
(d) Yussie hits him with a hanger.
5. What happens to Albert that causes him to leave work before he can lash out at Luter?
(a) Luter quits.
(b) He is promoted.
(c) He is fired.
(d) He injurs his thumb.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Albert view Bertha?
2. In Book I, why does David knock a boy to the pavement?
3. Where does David put the calendar pages he tears from the calendar every day?
4. What idea does Bertha relish concerning running her own business?
5. What does Annie try to do to David when Yussie leaves to get bread?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)