|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II: The Picture.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Annie try to do to David when Yussie leaves to get bread?
(a) Get him in trouble with his mother.
(b) Hit him.
(c) Molest him.
(d) Get him to play tea party.
2. What industry does Albert work in at the beginning of the book?
(a) Garbage collection.
(b) Candy factory.
(c) Paper mill.
3. Why didn't Genya's lover run off with her?
(a) She didn't love him anymore.
(b) His parents forbid it.
(c) He died.
(d) He married someone else.
4. Why does Luter often come over to the Shearl's house?
(a) For dinner.
(b) To play with David.
(c) To drive Albert to work.
(d) To fix things around the apartment.
5. Why does Albert send David into his workplace alone?
(a) To ask the boss for a job for Genya.
(b) To beg for Albert's job.
(c) To tell Albert's boss Albert is ill.
(d) To collect Albert's things and his final paycheck.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does David feel about Luter's frequent visits?
2. "Goy" is a Jewish term for what?
3. How does Albert view Bertha?
4. Where was David born?
5. What is on the bottom floor of the flat David and his family live in at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)