|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II: The Picture.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of David's playmate who lives in the flat above his in Book I?
2. Where does Albert get a job after he is fired?
(a) Dolman's Press.
(b) The New York Times.
(c) Finniman's Press.
(d) Bertha's Candy Shop.
3. When Luter finds out that Genya has never left the neighborhood, what does he give Albert and Genya?
(a) His car.
(b) Theater tickets.
(c) Subway tickets.
(d) A map.
4. Why does Luter often come over to the Shearl's house?
(a) To drive Albert to work.
(b) To play with David.
(c) For dinner.
(d) To fix things around the apartment.
5. How does David feel about Luter's frequent visits?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does David feel when he learns his father will be home all day while he changes jobs?
2. What does David discover Genya liked to do as a girl?
3. On the day David sees the funeral procession, what kind of contest does he see boys participating in?
4. What new thing for David is included in dinner when Luter first comes to visit?
5. After the dinner with Nathan and the family becomes tense, what does Nathan suggest?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)