|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II: The Picture.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Book I, why is Albert fired from his job?
(a) He made too many errors in his work.
(b) He threatened his coworkers.
(c) He was caught drinking on the job.
(d) He missed too many days of work.
2. What does David do to anger his father when Luter comes for Friday Sabbath dinner?
(a) Talks out of turn.
(b) Fails to offer Luter wine.
(d) Spills soup.
3. How old is David in Book I?
4. What is Genya's mood when the family reunites in New York?
5. What do the chants and rhymes of the girls playing remind David of?
(a) Sheep in a field.
(b) A sister that died.
(c) Rivers, roads, and trees.
(d) Being teased.
Short Answer Questions
1. What signal reminds David to return home at the end of the day when he is playing outside?
2. What was Genya's father's reaction to her affair?
3. What does David's mother purchase to place in their kitchen?
4. Why didn't Genya's lover run off with her?
5. "Goy" is a Jewish term for what?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)