|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II: The Picture.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens at Ellis Island during the year in which this book begins?
(a) There is an earthquake.
(b) The President gives a historic speech there.
(c) The highest number of immigrants are processed there.
(d) There is a bombing.
2. What new thing for David is included in dinner when Luter first comes to visit?
(b) Dinner rolls.
(c) Table manners.
3. How does Albert react to David when David first arrives in New York?
(a) Albert is overjoyed to see David.
(b) Albert criticizes David.
(c) Albert hugs David.
(d) Albert ignores David.
4. What is David's reaction when he sees a funeral procession for the first time?
(a) David is curious.
(b) David is sad.
(c) David is excited.
(d) David is frightened.
5. What year is it when the book begins?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Genya's father's reaction to her affair?
2. In Book I, why does David knock a boy to the pavement?
3. What does David ask Genya about after seeing a funeral procession?
4. Where is Luter from?
5. Why didn't Genya's lover run off with her?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)