|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II: The Picture.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Albert send David into his workplace alone?
(a) To collect Albert's things and his final paycheck.
(b) To beg for Albert's job.
(c) To tell Albert's boss Albert is ill.
(d) To ask the boss for a job for Genya.
2. What signal reminds David to return home at the end of the day when he is playing outside?
(a) His father arriving home.
(b) His mother calls him.
(c) A whistle signaling quitting time.
(d) The other children returning home.
3. Where do David and his family move to after Albert gets a job as a milkman?
(b) Ellis Island.
(c) New Jersey.
(d) The Lower East Side.
4. Where does David put the calendar pages he tears from the calendar every day?
(a) In the garbage.
(b) Under his bed.
(c) In a shoe box.
(d) In the fireplace.
5. Why does David kick Yussie and give him a bloody nose?
(a) Yussie calls Genya ugly.
(b) Yussie kicks him first.
(c) Yussie teases David about Annie.
(d) Yussie hits him with a hanger.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Luter stop coming to the Shearl's for dinner?
2. When David gets lost in the city, where does his mother come to pick him up?
3. What does David do to anger his father when Luter comes for Friday Sabbath dinner?
4. Why was Genya's father determined to marry her off?
5. What is on the bottom floor of the flat David and his family live in at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)