|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II: The Picture.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Bertha like compared to Genya?
(a) The complete opposite.
(b) Very much alike.
(c) Much prettier.
(d) More submissive.
2. On the day David sees the funeral procession, what kind of contest does he see boys participating in?
(c) Urinating in the snow.
(d) Throwing rocks at pigeons.
3. Where was David born?
4. What language do Genya and Bertha talk in that David cannot understand?
5. Why did Genya marry Albert?
(a) He is handsome.
(b) She loves him.
(c) They had similar goals.
(d) To escape her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Albert vow to do after being sent home from Dolman's Press?
2. How old is David in Book I?
3. In Book I, why does David knock a boy to the pavement?
4. How old is David when the book begins?
5. What is Genya's mood when the family reunites in New York?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)