|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II: The Picture.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is in a foul mood as the Schearl family reunites?
2. Why does Luter often come over to the Shearl's house?
(a) For dinner.
(b) To fix things around the apartment.
(c) To drive Albert to work.
(d) To play with David.
3. After the dinner with Nathan and the family becomes tense, what does Nathan suggest?
(a) That David leave the table.
(b) That he and Albert step outside.
(c) That he leave.
(d) That he and Bertha go for a walk.
4. How does Albert view Bertha?
(a) Beautiful and shy.
(c) Crude and uncivilized.
(d) Mean but pretty.
5. How old is David in Book I?
Short Answer Questions
1. What frightens David most about the thought of death?
2. What kind of job does Albert look for after he leaves his job at Dolman's Press?
3. What is on the bottom floor of the flat David and his family live in at the beginning of the book?
4. Where is Luter from?
5. Why does David kick Yussie and give him a bloody nose?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)