|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II: The Picture.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bertha look like when she arrives in America?
(a) Successful and together.
(b) Exactly like Genya.
(c) Disheveled and slovenly.
2. Why didn't Genya's lover run off with her?
(a) She didn't love him anymore.
(b) His parents forbid it.
(c) He died.
(d) He married someone else.
3. What frightens David most about the thought of death?
(a) Not seeing his mother.
(b) Going to Hell.
(c) Being cold.
(d) Being buried in the earth forever.
4. What signal reminds David to return home at the end of the day when he is playing outside?
(a) The other children returning home.
(b) A whistle signaling quitting time.
(c) His mother calls him.
(d) His father arriving home.
5. Who starts to take David to museums and landmarks?
(c) Mrs. Mink.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Book I, what does Albert send David out in the freezing rain to get?
2. What happens at Ellis Island during the year in which this book begins?
3. How does Albert react to David when David first arrives in New York?
4. What is the name of David's playmate who lives in the flat above his in Book I?
5. What kind of shop do Nathan and Bertha plan to open?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)