|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II: The Picture.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is David's reaction when he sees a funeral procession for the first time?
(a) David is excited.
(b) David is sad.
(c) David is frightened.
(d) David is curious.
2. What language do Genya and Bertha talk in that David cannot understand?
3. What frightens David most about the thought of death?
(a) Being buried in the earth forever.
(b) Being cold.
(c) Not seeing his mother.
(d) Going to Hell.
4. Who babysits David while his parents go out in Book I?
(b) Mrs. Mink.
5. Why didn't Genya's lover run off with her?
(a) He died.
(b) He married someone else.
(c) She didn't love him anymore.
(d) His parents forbid it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time of the day does Albert work as a milkman?
2. How does David feel when he learns his father will be home all day while he changes jobs?
3. Who starts to take David to museums and landmarks?
4. Of the Schearl family, who arrives in America first?
5. What idea does Bertha relish concerning running her own business?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)