|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II: The Picture.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Joe Luter?
(a) Albert's cousin.
(b) Albert's foreman.
(c) Genya's uncle.
(d) Bertha's husband.
2. Where was David born?
3. What language do Genya and Bertha talk in that David cannot understand?
4. What kind of shop do Nathan and Bertha plan to open?
(a) A newspaper stand.
(b) A candy shop.
(c) A book shop.
(d) A shoe store.
5. When Luter finds out that Genya has never left the neighborhood, what does he give Albert and Genya?
(a) His car.
(b) Theater tickets.
(c) A map.
(d) Subway tickets.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is on the bottom floor of the flat David and his family live in at the beginning of the book?
2. What faith is the Schearl family?
3. When Genya was young, who did she have an affair with?
4. On the day David sees the funeral procession, what kind of contest does he see boys participating in?
5. While the boys are taunting David in Book I, who comes to the Schearl's home?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)