|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II: The Picture.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Luter from?
2. Why was Genya's father determined to marry her off?
(a) She was "ruined."
(b) He and his wife wanted to be alone.
(c) He wanted her husband to take care of her.
(d) He wanted the best for her.
3. What does Genya make Albert promise never to do again after David kicks Yussie?
(a) Beat David.
(b) Allow the boys to play together.
(c) Leave David alone.
(d) Speak to Yussie again.
4. Why does Luter often come over to the Shearl's house?
(a) To fix things around the apartment.
(b) To play with David.
(c) For dinner.
(d) To drive Albert to work.
5. What language do Genya and Bertha talk in that David cannot understand?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is David's reaction when he sees a funeral procession for the first time?
2. Who dominates the dinner conversation when Nathan comes to dinner?
3. How does David feel when he learns his father will be home all day while he changes jobs?
4. How old is David in Book I?
5. Why does David kick Yussie and give him a bloody nose?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)