|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II: The Picture.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Genya's father determined to marry her off?
(a) He and his wife wanted to be alone.
(b) She was "ruined."
(c) He wanted her husband to take care of her.
(d) He wanted the best for her.
2. What year is it when the book begins?
3. Where was David born?
4. What is Genya's mood when the family reunites in New York?
5. What languages do Genya and Bertha talk in that David can understand?
(a) Polish and English.
(b) Spanish and German.
(c) Italian and German.
(d) Yiddish and English.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does David put the calendar pages he tears from the calendar every day?
2. In Book I, what does Albert send David out in the freezing rain to get?
3. After the dinner with Nathan and the family becomes tense, what does Nathan suggest?
4. What does David's mother purchase to place in their kitchen?
5. Who babysits David while his parents go out in Book I?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)