|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II: The Picture.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Goy" is a Jewish term for what?
(a) A handsome man.
(b) A Christian.
(c) A poor man.
(d) An atheist.
2. What does Albert vow to do after being sent home from Dolman's Press?
(a) Kill Luter.
(b) Get Luter fired.
(c) Never return to Dolman's Press.
(d) Become a millionaire.
3. What kind of shop do Nathan and Bertha plan to open?
(a) A newspaper stand.
(b) A candy shop.
(c) A shoe store.
(d) A book shop.
4. Who is Joe Luter?
(a) Bertha's husband.
(b) Genya's uncle.
(c) Albert's foreman.
(d) Albert's cousin.
5. What does Genya make Albert promise never to do again after David kicks Yussie?
(a) Speak to Yussie again.
(b) Beat David.
(c) Leave David alone.
(d) Allow the boys to play together.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why didn't Genya's lover run off with her?
2. Why was Genya's father determined to marry her off?
3. What faith is the Schearl family?
4. Where was David born?
5. In Book I, what does Albert send David out in the freezing rain to get?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)