|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II: The Picture.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Albert send David into his workplace alone?
(a) To beg for Albert's job.
(b) To ask the boss for a job for Genya.
(c) To tell Albert's boss Albert is ill.
(d) To collect Albert's things and his final paycheck.
2. In Book I, why does David knock a boy to the pavement?
(a) He runs into the boy during a game of catch.
(b) The boy calls him a dirty Jew.
(c) The boy speaks about Genya in a lewd manner.
(d) Yussie and the boys tease him about Albert beating him.
3. In Book I, what does Albert send David out in the freezing rain to get?
(d) A newspaper.
4. What is the name of David's playmate who lives in the flat above his in Book I?
5. What is on the bottom floor of the flat David and his family live in at the beginning of the book?
(a) The cellar.
(b) A bookstore.
(c) More apartments.
(d) A candy store.
Short Answer Questions
1. What new thing for David is included in dinner when Luter first comes to visit?
2. Where does David put the calendar pages he tears from the calendar every day?
3. When Luter finds out that Genya has never left the neighborhood, what does he give Albert and Genya?
4. Where is Luter from?
5. What part of the new apartment does David finds relaxing?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)