|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II: The Picture.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David ask Genya about after seeing a funeral procession?
(c) Her parents.
2. When Luter comes over while Albert is away, what does Genya realize about Luter?
(a) Luter plans to kidnap David.
(b) Luter is in love with Albert.
(c) Luter is lonely.
(d) Luter wants to have an affair with her.
3. Where do David and his family move to after Albert gets a job as a milkman?
(a) New Jersey.
(b) Ellis Island.
(c) The Lower East Side.
4. How does Albert view Bertha?
(a) Mean but pretty.
(b) Crude and uncivilized.
(d) Beautiful and shy.
5. Who babysits David while his parents go out in Book I?
(a) Mrs. Mink.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Bertha from?
2. What do the chants and rhymes of the girls playing remind David of?
3. What does Annie try to do to David when Yussie leaves to get bread?
4. In Book I, why does David knock a boy to the pavement?
5. When David gets lost in the city, where does his mother come to pick him up?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)