|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II: The Picture.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does David feel about Luter's frequent visits?
2. What does Annie try to do to David when Yussie leaves to get bread?
(a) Molest him.
(b) Hit him.
(c) Get him in trouble with his mother.
(d) Get him to play tea party.
3. What is on the bottom floor of the flat David and his family live in at the beginning of the book?
(a) A candy store.
(b) More apartments.
(c) The cellar.
(d) A bookstore.
4. What idea does Bertha relish concerning running her own business?
(a) Being her own boss.
(b) Choosing the candies.
(c) Having employees to boss around.
(d) Being free to raise her children.
5. When Luter finds out that Genya has never left the neighborhood, what does he give Albert and Genya?
(a) A map.
(b) Theater tickets.
(c) Subway tickets.
(d) His car.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David discover Genya liked to do as a girl?
2. What kind of job does Albert look for after he leaves his job at Dolman's Press?
3. How old is David when the book begins?
4. What signal reminds David to return home at the end of the day when he is playing outside?
5. Why does Albert send David into his workplace alone?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)