|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II: The Picture.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David do to anger his father when Luter comes for Friday Sabbath dinner?
(b) Spills soup.
(c) Fails to offer Luter wine.
(d) Talks out of turn.
2. Why was Genya's father determined to marry her off?
(a) He wanted the best for her.
(b) He and his wife wanted to be alone.
(c) He wanted her husband to take care of her.
(d) She was "ruined."
3. What is David's reaction when he sees a funeral procession for the first time?
(a) David is excited.
(b) David is sad.
(c) David is curious.
(d) David is frightened.
4. Where is Bertha from?
5. How does Albert treat Nathan when he came to dinner?
(a) He is welcoming.
(b) He is very kind.
(c) He insults Nathan openly.
(d) He barely acknowledges Nathan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What frightens David most about the thought of death?
2. What happens at Ellis Island during the year in which this book begins?
3. What signal reminds David to return home at the end of the day when he is playing outside?
4. Who dominates the dinner conversation when Nathan comes to dinner?
5. What industry does Albert work in at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)