|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book I: The Cellar.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many floors are in the flat that David and his family first live in?
2. When David gets lost in the city, where does his mother come to pick him up?
(a) The police station.
(b) The cheder school.
(c) The hospital.
(d) Leo's house.
3. What is on the bottom floor of the flat David and his family live in at the beginning of the book?
(a) The cellar.
(b) More apartments.
(c) A candy store.
(d) A bookstore.
4. Why does Luter often come over to the Shearl's house?
(a) To drive Albert to work.
(b) For dinner.
(c) To fix things around the apartment.
(d) To play with David.
5. What does David ask Genya about after seeing a funeral procession?
(c) Her parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of David's playmate who lives in the flat above his in Book I?
2. Who is Joe Luter?
3. How old is David in Book I?
4. How does Albert react to David when David first arrives in New York?
5. Where does David put the calendar pages he tears from the calendar every day?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)