|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book I: The Cellar.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who babysits David while his parents go out in Book I?
(b) Mrs. Mink.
2. In Book I, why does David knock a boy to the pavement?
(a) Yussie and the boys tease him about Albert beating him.
(b) He runs into the boy during a game of catch.
(c) The boy speaks about Genya in a lewd manner.
(d) The boy calls him a dirty Jew.
3. What does Annie try to do to David when Yussie leaves to get bread?
(a) Get him to play tea party.
(b) Molest him.
(c) Get him in trouble with his mother.
(d) Hit him.
4. Why does Luter stop coming to the Shearl's for dinner?
(a) He has an argument with Albert.
(b) He is going to a marriage broker.
(c) Genya slaps him.
(d) He overhears Genya calling him ugly.
5. What industry does Albert work in at the beginning of the book?
(a) Candy factory.
(b) Paper mill.
(d) Garbage collection.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is David's reaction when he sees a funeral procession for the first time?
2. Where does David put the calendar pages he tears from the calendar every day?
3. What faith is the Schearl family?
4. Why does Luter often come over to the Shearl's house?
5. What frightens David most about the thought of death?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)