|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book I: The Cellar.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who babysits David while his parents go out in Book I?
(d) Mrs. Mink.
2. What signal reminds David to return home at the end of the day when he is playing outside?
(a) The other children returning home.
(b) His mother calls him.
(c) A whistle signaling quitting time.
(d) His father arriving home.
3. What faith is the Schearl family?
4. Who is Joe Luter?
(a) Albert's foreman.
(b) Bertha's husband.
(c) Albert's cousin.
(d) Genya's uncle.
5. What kind of job does Albert look for after he leaves his job at Dolman's Press?
(a) His own store.
(b) One where he can be his own boss and work outside.
(c) One where he can boss other people around.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Luter finds out that Genya has never left the neighborhood, what does he give Albert and Genya?
2. What does David do to anger his father when Luter comes for Friday Sabbath dinner?
3. What happens to Albert that causes him to leave work before he can lash out at Luter?
4. What is David's reaction when he sees a funeral procession for the first time?
5. What does Genya make Albert promise never to do again after David kicks Yussie?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)