|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book I: The Cellar.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Book I, where does Albert complain that he is being treated badly?
(a) The neighborhood.
(d) In stores.
2. What does Genya make Albert promise never to do again after David kicks Yussie?
(a) Speak to Yussie again.
(b) Leave David alone.
(c) Allow the boys to play together.
(d) Beat David.
3. Who has never seen David before David arrives in New York?
(b) David's grandmother.
4. Where does Albert get a job after he is fired?
(a) Finniman's Press.
(b) Bertha's Candy Shop.
(c) The New York Times.
(d) Dolman's Press.
5. What is the name of David's playmate who lives in the flat above his in Book I?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is on the bottom floor of the flat David and his family live in at the beginning of the book?
2. Where is Luter from?
3. When David gets lost in the city, where does his mother come to pick him up?
4. Who is Joe Luter?
5. What does Annie try to do to David when Yussie leaves to get bread?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)