|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book I: The Cellar.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What new thing for David is included in dinner when Luter first comes to visit?
(b) Dinner rolls.
(d) Table manners.
2. How many floors are in the flat that David and his family first live in?
3. Why does David kick Yussie and give him a bloody nose?
(a) Yussie kicks him first.
(b) Yussie hits him with a hanger.
(c) Yussie teases David about Annie.
(d) Yussie calls Genya ugly.
4. What signal reminds David to return home at the end of the day when he is playing outside?
(a) His father arriving home.
(b) A whistle signaling quitting time.
(c) His mother calls him.
(d) The other children returning home.
5. In Book I, why is Albert fired from his job?
(a) He missed too many days of work.
(b) He threatened his coworkers.
(c) He made too many errors in his work.
(d) He was caught drinking on the job.
Short Answer Questions
1. When David gets lost in the city, where does his mother come to pick him up?
2. How does Albert react to David when David first arrives in New York?
3. Where was David born?
4. What kind of job does Albert look for after he leaves his job at Dolman's Press?
5. In Book I, where does Albert complain that he is being treated badly?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)