|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book I: The Cellar.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of David's playmate who lives in the flat above his in Book I?
2. Why does Luter stop coming to the Shearl's for dinner?
(a) He has an argument with Albert.
(b) He is going to a marriage broker.
(c) Genya slaps him.
(d) He overhears Genya calling him ugly.
3. Why does Albert send David into his workplace alone?
(a) To ask the boss for a job for Genya.
(b) To collect Albert's things and his final paycheck.
(c) To tell Albert's boss Albert is ill.
(d) To beg for Albert's job.
4. In Book I, why does David knock a boy to the pavement?
(a) The boy speaks about Genya in a lewd manner.
(b) Yussie and the boys tease him about Albert beating him.
(c) He runs into the boy during a game of catch.
(d) The boy calls him a dirty Jew.
5. How does David feel about Luter's frequent visits?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many floors are in the flat that David and his family first live in?
2. Why does Luter often come over to the Shearl's house?
3. What does Annie try to do to David when Yussie leaves to get bread?
4. What signal reminds David to return home at the end of the day when he is playing outside?
5. What is on the bottom floor of the flat David and his family live in at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)