|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book I: The Cellar.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens at Ellis Island during the year in which this book begins?
(a) There is an earthquake.
(b) The President gives a historic speech there.
(c) There is a bombing.
(d) The highest number of immigrants are processed there.
2. Where is Luter from?
3. In Book I, why is Albert fired from his job?
(a) He missed too many days of work.
(b) He was caught drinking on the job.
(c) He threatened his coworkers.
(d) He made too many errors in his work.
4. Why does Luter often come over to the Shearl's house?
(a) To drive Albert to work.
(b) To fix things around the apartment.
(c) For dinner.
(d) To play with David.
5. What does David do to anger his father when Luter comes for Friday Sabbath dinner?
(a) Fails to offer Luter wine.
(c) Talks out of turn.
(d) Spills soup.
Short Answer Questions
1. What faith is the Schearl family?
2. Why does Albert send David into his workplace alone?
3. In Book I, why does David knock a boy to the pavement?
4. What new thing for David is included in dinner when Luter first comes to visit?
5. What does Annie try to do to David when Yussie leaves to get bread?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)