|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book I: The Cellar.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does David feel about Luter's frequent visits?
2. Of the Schearl family, who arrives in America first?
3. What do the chants and rhymes of the girls playing remind David of?
(a) Being teased.
(b) A sister that died.
(c) Sheep in a field.
(d) Rivers, roads, and trees.
4. Where is Luter from?
5. In Book I, why is Albert fired from his job?
(a) He was caught drinking on the job.
(b) He made too many errors in his work.
(c) He missed too many days of work.
(d) He threatened his coworkers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year is it when the book begins?
2. What new thing for David is included in dinner when Luter first comes to visit?
3. Who is in a foul mood as the Schearl family reunites?
4. When David gets lost in the city, where does his mother come to pick him up?
5. What is the name of David's playmate who lives in the flat above his in Book I?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)