|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book I: The Cellar.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David do to anger his father when Luter comes for Friday Sabbath dinner?
(a) Spills soup.
(b) Fails to offer Luter wine.
(d) Talks out of turn.
2. Why does David kick Yussie and give him a bloody nose?
(a) Yussie hits him with a hanger.
(b) Yussie calls Genya ugly.
(c) Yussie teases David about Annie.
(d) Yussie kicks him first.
3. What year is it when the book begins?
4. How many floors are in the flat that David and his family first live in?
5. How does David feel when he learns his father will be home all day while he changes jobs?
Short Answer Questions
1. Of the Schearl family, who arrives in America first?
2. What does David ask Genya about after seeing a funeral procession?
3. While the boys are taunting David in Book I, who comes to the Schearl's home?
4. Where does Albert get a job after he is fired?
5. What frightens David most about the thought of death?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)