|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book I: The Cellar.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What industry does Albert work in at the beginning of the book?
(b) Garbage collection.
(c) Candy factory.
(d) Paper mill.
2. What does Genya make Albert promise never to do again after David kicks Yussie?
(a) Allow the boys to play together.
(b) Speak to Yussie again.
(c) Beat David.
(d) Leave David alone.
3. How does David feel when he learns his father will be home all day while he changes jobs?
4. How old is David when the book begins?
(a) A young man.
(b) A toddler.
(c) A teenager.
(d) A school-aged boy.
5. How does Albert react to David when David first arrives in New York?
(a) Albert criticizes David.
(b) Albert is overjoyed to see David.
(c) Albert hugs David.
(d) Albert ignores David.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does David kick Yussie and give him a bloody nose?
2. Where does David put the calendar pages he tears from the calendar every day?
3. How old is David in Book I?
4. How many floors are in the flat that David and his family first live in?
5. What does David do to anger his father when Luter comes for Friday Sabbath dinner?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)