|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book I: The Cellar.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of the Schearl family, who arrives in America first?
2. On the day David sees the funeral procession, what kind of contest does he see boys participating in?
(a) Urinating in the snow.
(c) Throwing rocks at pigeons.
3. Who is in a foul mood as the Schearl family reunites?
4. Who has never seen David before David arrives in New York?
(a) David's grandmother.
5. What is the name of David's playmate who lives in the flat above his in Book I?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Albert that causes him to leave work before he can lash out at Luter?
2. In Book I, why does David knock a boy to the pavement?
3. What does Albert vow to do after being sent home from Dolman's Press?
4. Where was David born?
5. What year is it when the book begins?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)