|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book I: The Cellar.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Book I, where does Albert complain that he is being treated badly?
(a) The neighborhood.
(d) In stores.
2. What faith is the Schearl family?
3. Where does David put the calendar pages he tears from the calendar every day?
(a) In the fireplace.
(b) Under his bed.
(c) In a shoe box.
(d) In the garbage.
4. Why does Luter stop coming to the Shearl's for dinner?
(a) He has an argument with Albert.
(b) Genya slaps him.
(c) He is going to a marriage broker.
(d) He overhears Genya calling him ugly.
5. In Book I, what does Albert send David out in the freezing rain to get?
(c) A newspaper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Genya's mood when the family reunites in New York?
2. Who is Mrs. Mink?
3. Why does Luter often come over to the Shearl's house?
4. What does Annie try to do to David when Yussie leaves to get bread?
5. In Book I, why does David knock a boy to the pavement?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)