|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book I: The Cellar.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Book I, where does Albert complain that he is being treated badly?
(a) In stores.
(d) The neighborhood.
2. What year is it when the book begins?
3. What does David do to anger his father when Luter comes for Friday Sabbath dinner?
(a) Talks out of turn.
(b) Fails to offer Luter wine.
(d) Spills soup.
4. What does David ask Genya about after seeing a funeral procession?
(d) Her parents.
5. Why does Albert send David into his workplace alone?
(a) To tell Albert's boss Albert is ill.
(b) To beg for Albert's job.
(c) To collect Albert's things and his final paycheck.
(d) To ask the boss for a job for Genya.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Luter often come over to the Shearl's house?
2. In Book I, what does Albert send David out in the freezing rain to get?
3. What does Genya make Albert promise never to do again after David kicks Yussie?
4. How old is David when the book begins?
5. When Luter comes over while Albert is away, what does Genya realize about Luter?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)