|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book I: The Cellar.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the chants and rhymes of the girls playing remind David of?
(a) Rivers, roads, and trees.
(b) A sister that died.
(c) Sheep in a field.
(d) Being teased.
2. What new thing for David is included in dinner when Luter first comes to visit?
(a) Dinner rolls.
(c) Table manners.
3. What signal reminds David to return home at the end of the day when he is playing outside?
(a) His mother calls him.
(b) The other children returning home.
(c) His father arriving home.
(d) A whistle signaling quitting time.
4. What is Genya's mood when the family reunites in New York?
5. What happens to Albert that causes him to leave work before he can lash out at Luter?
(a) He is fired.
(b) He is promoted.
(c) Luter quits.
(d) He injurs his thumb.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is David in Book I?
2. While the boys are taunting David in Book I, who comes to the Schearl's home?
3. Why does Luter stop coming to the Shearl's for dinner?
4. On the day David sees the funeral procession, what kind of contest does he see boys participating in?
5. How many floors are in the flat that David and his family first live in?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)