|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book I: The Cellar.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Albert that causes him to leave work before he can lash out at Luter?
(a) Luter quits.
(b) He injurs his thumb.
(c) He is promoted.
(d) He is fired.
2. What does Annie try to do to David when Yussie leaves to get bread?
(a) Hit him.
(b) Molest him.
(c) Get him to play tea party.
(d) Get him in trouble with his mother.
3. What does Albert vow to do after being sent home from Dolman's Press?
(a) Get Luter fired.
(b) Never return to Dolman's Press.
(c) Become a millionaire.
(d) Kill Luter.
4. Where does David put the calendar pages he tears from the calendar every day?
(a) In a shoe box.
(b) In the fireplace.
(c) In the garbage.
(d) Under his bed.
5. How does Albert react to David when David first arrives in New York?
(a) Albert ignores David.
(b) Albert hugs David.
(c) Albert criticizes David.
(d) Albert is overjoyed to see David.
Short Answer Questions
1. What industry does Albert work in at the beginning of the book?
2. Why does Albert send David into his workplace alone?
3. What is on the bottom floor of the flat David and his family live in at the beginning of the book?
4. What does Genya make Albert promise never to do again after David kicks Yussie?
5. When Luter comes over while Albert is away, what does Genya realize about Luter?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)