|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II: The Picture.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has never seen David before David arrives in New York?
(c) David's grandmother.
2. Why does David kick Yussie and give him a bloody nose?
(a) Yussie hits him with a hanger.
(b) Yussie calls Genya ugly.
(c) Yussie kicks him first.
(d) Yussie teases David about Annie.
3. What is Bertha like compared to Genya?
(a) Very much alike.
(b) More submissive.
(c) The complete opposite.
(d) Much prettier.
4. What language do Genya and Bertha talk in that David cannot understand?
5. What industry does Albert work in at the beginning of the book?
(a) Garbage collection.
(b) Candy factory.
(d) Paper mill.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Goy" is a Jewish term for what?
2. What does David ask Genya about after seeing a funeral procession?
3. How does David feel when he learns his father will be home all day while he changes jobs?
4. How old is David in Book I?
5. What is on the bottom floor of the flat David and his family live in at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)