|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV: The Rail, Chapters 15-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the coming of age celebration for Jewish boys?
(c) Bar Mitzvah.
2. Where do David and his family move to after Albert gets a job as a milkman?
(a) Ellis Island.
(c) New Jersey.
(d) The Lower East Side.
3. Why does David's mother take so long to open the door?
(a) She is doing the laundry.
(b) She is cooking.
(c) She is asleep.
(d) She is bathing.
4. Where does the rabbi send David from cheder in Book IV?
(a) The cellar.
(b) The store.
(d) The coat room.
5. What do the boys who chased the bird begin to talk about on the roof?
(a) The woman's anatomy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Joe Luter?
2. Who does David meet in Book IV, Chapters 5-6
3. Who is punched into unconsciousness after the milk is stolen?
4. What part of the new apartment does David finds relaxing?
5. Who has never seen David before David arrives in New York?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)