|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV: The Rail, Chapters 15-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Bertha have David wake up?
(a) Her employee.
(d) Her stepdaughters.
2. What does Bertha look like when she arrives in America?
(a) Successful and together.
(b) Disheveled and slovenly.
(c) Exactly like Genya.
3. Who does David see as his refuge?
(a) His mother.
4. What is the coming of age celebration for Jewish boys?
(a) Bar Mitzvah.
5. What lie does David tell the rabbis about his mother?
(a) She is abusive.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She is dying.
(d) She is dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. As David returns home from Bertha's, who is he told is looking for him?
2. What does David pray for in Book IV?
3. Who does David tell the rabbis is truly his aunt?
4. How does David feel when he learns his father will be home all day while he changes jobs?
5. When Genya was young, who did she have an affair with?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)