|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV: The Rail, Chapters 15-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is David's reaction when he sees a funeral procession for the first time?
(a) David is sad.
(b) David is curious.
(c) David is excited.
(d) David is frightened.
2. When Genya was young, who did she have an affair with?
(a) A Buddhist.
(b) A rabbi.
(c) A rich Jewish man.
(d) A goy church organist.
3. What fear that David had when he was younger returns in Book IV?
(b) Dark hallways and cellars.
4. What do the boys who chased the bird begin to talk about on the roof?
(b) The woman's anatomy.
5. "Goy" is a Jewish term for what?
(a) A handsome man.
(b) A Christian.
(c) An atheist.
(d) A poor man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who chases after the milk thieves?
2. What accusation does Albert make against Genya in Book IV, Chapters 15-20?
3. Where is Bertha from?
4. Who is dousing all the small fires set to burn the chumitz?
5. After the dinner with Nathan and the family becomes tense, what does Nathan suggest?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)