|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV: The Rail, Chapters 15-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Bertha have David wake up?
(a) Her employee.
(c) Her stepdaughters.
2. What frightens David most about the thought of death?
(a) Not seeing his mother.
(b) Going to Hell.
(c) Being buried in the earth forever.
(d) Being cold.
3. What do the chants and rhymes of the girls playing remind David of?
(a) A sister that died.
(b) Rivers, roads, and trees.
(c) Being teased.
(d) Sheep in a field.
4. Where does the rabbi send David from cheder in Book IV?
(a) The coat room.
(b) The store.
(c) The cellar.
5. What accusation does Albert make against Genya in Book IV, Chapters 15-20?
(a) She cheated on him.
(b) She killed someone.
(c) She stole money.
(d) David is really the Christian's son.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is punched into unconsciousness after the milk is stolen?
2. After Albert's father was gored by a bull, what did Albert do to help him?
3. Who babysits David while his parents go out in Book I?
4. Who does Albert instruct David not to tell about the events during the milk route?
5. As David returns home from Bertha's, who is he told is looking for him?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)