|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV: The Rail, Chapters 15-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of David's playmate who lives in the flat above his in Book I?
2. After the dinner with Nathan and the family becomes tense, what does Nathan suggest?
(a) That David leave the table.
(b) That he and Albert step outside.
(c) That he leave.
(d) That he and Bertha go for a walk.
3. What effect do the quiet and the water of the river have on David?
(a) They bore him.
(b) He falls asleep.
(c) He goes swimming.
(d) They mesmerizes him.
4. Failing to burn a chumitz is a ____ in David's faith.
(a) Great honor.
(b) Major sin.
(c) Minor sin.
(d) A sign of luck.
5. Why did Genya marry Albert?
(a) He is handsome.
(b) She loves him.
(c) They had similar goals.
(d) To escape her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who babysits David while his parents go out in Book I?
2. What happens while Esther and Polly are fighting?
3. How much milk is stolen from the wagon?
4. Why does Luter often come over to the Shearl's house?
5. Who chases after the milk thieves?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)