|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV: The Rail, Chapters 15-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While the boys are taunting David in Book I, who comes to the Schearl's home?
2. What is David's reaction when he sees a funeral procession for the first time?
(a) David is excited.
(b) David is sad.
(c) David is curious.
(d) David is frightened.
3. What does David ask Genya about after seeing a funeral procession?
(d) Her parents.
4. When Genya was young, who did she have an affair with?
(a) A goy church organist.
(b) A rabbi.
(c) A rich Jewish man.
(d) A Buddhist.
5. Who chases after the milk thieves?
(a) A store owner.
(c) A policeman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Genya's father determined to marry her off?
2. A chumitz is a Passover tradition to burn what?
3. What part of the new apartment does David finds relaxing?
4. What faith is the Schearl family?
5. In Book I, what does Albert send David out in the freezing rain to get?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)