|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV: The Rail, Chapters 15-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Bertha like compared to Genya?
(a) More submissive.
(b) Very much alike.
(c) Much prettier.
(d) The complete opposite.
2. Who urges David to run outside until Albert's anger subsides?
(d) The rabbi.
3. Who does Bertha have David wake up?
(c) Her employee.
(d) Her stepdaughters.
4. The morning after he hears about the bird chase, what does David find on the adjacent roof?
(a) A boy flying a kite.
(b) The canary.
(c) A beautiful girl.
(d) A cat.
5. As David returns home from Bertha's, who is he told is looking for him?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is David when the book begins?
2. How do Leo and David get to Bertha's?
3. What kind of job does Albert look for after he leaves his job at Dolman's Press?
4. After the milk is stolen, what does Albert hit David with?
5. What does David do to earn a penny from an old woman?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)