|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV: The Rail, Chapters 15-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David think the coal used to cleanse Isaiah's mouth might be?
(a) White but not hot.
(c) Black and hot.
2. Who tries to stop Nathan from telling David's parents about what David and Leo did earlier in the day?
3. David runs from Bertha's to where?
(a) The river.
(b) The cheder school.
(c) Leo's house.
(d) The roof.
4. According to David's mother, who is brighter than the brightest day?
(c) The devil.
(d) An angel.
5. What does David sit on in front of a store while he waits for Albert to calm down after beating him?
(a) A log.
(b) A chair.
(c) Milk cans.
(d) The step.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year is it when the book begins?
2. Why does David consider running away when the milk is stolen?
3. What was Genya's father's reaction to her affair?
4. What does Rabbi Yidel teach David?
5. What does David pray for in Book IV?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)