|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV: The Rail, Chapters 15-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who looks after Leo during the day?
(a) Mrs. Mink.
(c) His mother.
2. In the chapter "The Rail," what is David called on to do during cheder?
(a) Write a passage on the chalk board.
(b) Serve the rabbi tea.
(c) Read before the rabbi's supervisor.
(d) Recite a passage.
3. When David gets lost in the city, where does his mother come to pick him up?
(a) The hospital.
(b) Leo's house.
(c) The police station.
(d) The cheder school.
4. Why does David's mother take so long to open the door?
(a) She is asleep.
(b) She is cooking.
(c) She is bathing.
(d) She is doing the laundry.
5. What is Bertha like compared to Genya?
(a) Much prettier.
(b) Very much alike.
(c) More submissive.
(d) The complete opposite.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Leo doing when David finds him after returning from Bertha's?
2. What is Leo's last name?
3. David runs from Bertha's to where?
4. Who does David meet in Book IV, Chapters 5-6
5. What does Leo help Esther with?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)