|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV: The Rail, Chapters 15-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Luter finds out that Genya has never left the neighborhood, what does he give Albert and Genya?
(a) Theater tickets.
(b) Subway tickets.
(c) His car.
(d) A map.
2. What does Albert vow to do after being sent home from Dolman's Press?
(a) Become a millionaire.
(b) Never return to Dolman's Press.
(c) Kill Luter.
(d) Get Luter fired.
3. What do the chants and rhymes of the girls playing remind David of?
(a) Sheep in a field.
(b) A sister that died.
(c) Being teased.
(d) Rivers, roads, and trees.
4. What does David find out about Albert's childhood?
(a) Albert's father was abusive.
(b) His mother was killed.
(c) It was very happy.
(d) He is an orphan.
5. What is Genya's mood when the family reunites in New York?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does David feel about the roof of his apartment building?
2. Who is dousing all the small fires set to burn the chumitz?
3. After the dinner with Nathan and the family becomes tense, what does Nathan suggest?
4. While the boys are taunting David in Book I, who comes to the Schearl's home?
5. What does David plan to throw on the trolley rail after he is punished for lying and helping Leo make advances on Nathan's daughter?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)