|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV: The Rail, Chapters 15-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Luter comes over while Albert is away, what does Genya realize about Luter?
(a) Luter plans to kidnap David.
(b) Luter is in love with Albert.
(c) Luter is lonely.
(d) Luter wants to have an affair with her.
2. What does Leo bribe David with to introduce him to his step cousins?
(a) His skates.
(c) A dirty picture.
(d) A broken rosary.
3. After Albert drops David off from the milk route, where is he instructed to go?
(d) To cheder.
4. What does Albert vow to do after being sent home from Dolman's Press?
(a) Get Luter fired.
(b) Kill Luter.
(c) Become a millionaire.
(d) Never return to Dolman's Press.
5. What effect do the quiet and the water of the river have on David?
(a) They mesmerizes him.
(b) They bore him.
(c) He falls asleep.
(d) He goes swimming.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the boys see through a window while chasing the bird?
2. Why is the rabbi angry with David when he attends cheder after going on Albert's milk route?
3. Who looks after Leo during the day?
4. Why does David consider running away when the milk is stolen?
5. Who has never seen David before David arrives in New York?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)