|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV: The Rail, Chapters 15-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Book I, where does Albert complain that he is being treated badly?
(c) The neighborhood.
(d) In stores.
2. What happens while Esther and Polly are fighting?
(a) Bertha comes in.
(b) Their nightgowns fly up.
(c) Esther accidently hits David.
(d) Esther gives Polly a bloody nose.
3. Where is David moved to immediately after he is electrocuted?
(b) The hospital.
(c) The cobbles.
(d) The rails.
4. Whose job is it to protect the wagon and the milk while the milk is being delivered?
(a) A hired guard.
(b) A policeman.
5. Why does Luter stop coming to the Shearl's for dinner?
(a) He is going to a marriage broker.
(b) He overhears Genya calling him ugly.
(c) He has an argument with Albert.
(d) Genya slaps him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does David kick Yussie and give him a bloody nose?
2. The morning after he hears about the bird chase, what does David find on the adjacent roof?
3. What is Leo's last name?
4. Why didn't Genya's lover run off with her?
5. Of the Schearl family, who arrives in America first?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)