|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV: The Rail, Chapters 15-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What falls from David's pocket as he is being beaten?
(a) A dirty picture.
(b) A phone number.
(d) A rosary.
2. Where is Luter from?
3. What happens to Albert that causes him to leave work before he can lash out at Luter?
(a) He is fired.
(b) He injurs his thumb.
(c) Luter quits.
(d) He is promoted.
4. In Book I, why does David knock a boy to the pavement?
(a) Yussie and the boys tease him about Albert beating him.
(b) The boy calls him a dirty Jew.
(c) The boy speaks about Genya in a lewd manner.
(d) He runs into the boy during a game of catch.
5. How does David feel about Luter's frequent visits?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Bertha from?
2. What do the chants and rhymes of the girls playing remind David of?
3. What does Leo bribe David with to introduce him to his step cousins?
4. What does David do to anger his father when Luter comes for Friday Sabbath dinner?
5. Where does Bertha meet Nathan?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)