|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV: The Rail, Chapters 15-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David plan to throw on the trolley rail after he is punished for lying and helping Leo make advances on Nathan's daughter?
(b) A metal dipper.
(c) His belt.
(d) A coin.
2. What does Leo help Esther with?
(a) Her dress.
(b) Tying a knot.
(c) Putting on her skates.
3. What happens at Ellis Island during the year in which this book begins?
(a) The highest number of immigrants are processed there.
(b) There is a bombing.
(c) There is an earthquake.
(d) The President gives a historic speech there.
4. Where does David go to try to find a pair of roller skates?
(a) A skate shop.
(b) The cellar.
(c) Bertha's candy store.
(d) His mother's closet.
5. Who tries to stop Nathan from telling David's parents about what David and Leo did earlier in the day?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does David feel about Leo's freedom?
2. How does Rabbi Yidel feel about the younger generation of Jewish boys?
3. What year is it when the book begins?
4. Where does David go to burn the chumitz?
5. What does David realize about the story the boys who chase the bird tell him?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)