|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV: The Rail, Chapters 15-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Book I, why is Albert fired from his job?
(a) He made too many errors in his work.
(b) He threatened his coworkers.
(c) He was caught drinking on the job.
(d) He missed too many days of work.
2. What falls from David's pocket as he is being beaten?
(a) A dirty picture.
(b) A phone number.
(c) A rosary.
3. What year is it when the book begins?
4. Why does Leo want to meet David's cousins?
(a) He doesn't know any girls.
(b) He hopes to fondle them.
(c) He would like a job at the candy store.
(d) He is lonely.
5. Where does Albert get a job after he is fired?
(a) The New York Times.
(b) Finniman's Press.
(c) Dolman's Press.
(d) Bertha's Candy Shop.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Genya's mood when the family reunites in New York?
2. What is Leo doing when David finds him after returning from Bertha's?
3. Of the Schearl family, who arrives in America first?
4. What religion is Leo?
5. Why does David's mother take so long to open the door?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)