|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II: The Picture.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What industry does Albert work in at the beginning of the book?
(a) Paper mill.
(b) Garbage collection.
(c) Candy factory.
2. How old is David in Book I?
3. Where is Bertha from?
4. After the dinner with Nathan and the family becomes tense, what does Nathan suggest?
(a) That he and Albert step outside.
(b) That David leave the table.
(c) That he and Bertha go for a walk.
(d) That he leave.
5. Who starts to take David to museums and landmarks?
(d) Mrs. Mink.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many floors are in the flat that David and his family first live in?
2. What do the chants and rhymes of the girls playing remind David of?
3. Why didn't Genya's lover run off with her?
4. While the boys are taunting David in Book I, who comes to the Schearl's home?
5. Why was Genya's father determined to marry her off?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)