|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II: The Picture.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Book I, what does Albert send David out in the freezing rain to get?
(d) A newspaper.
2. How does Albert react to David when David first arrives in New York?
(a) Albert is overjoyed to see David.
(b) Albert criticizes David.
(c) Albert hugs David.
(d) Albert ignores David.
3. What faith is the Schearl family?
4. After the dinner with Nathan and the family becomes tense, what does Nathan suggest?
(a) That David leave the table.
(b) That he leave.
(c) That he and Albert step outside.
(d) That he and Bertha go for a walk.
5. What language do Genya and Bertha talk in that David cannot understand?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Albert send David into his workplace alone?
2. What happens at Ellis Island during the year in which this book begins?
3. Why does Luter often come over to the Shearl's house?
4. How does Albert treat Nathan when he came to dinner?
5. How old is David when the book begins?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)