|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II: The Picture.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Book I, where does Albert complain that he is being treated badly?
(a) The neighborhood.
(b) In stores.
2. What is the name of David's playmate who lives in the flat above his in Book I?
3. What does Bertha look like when she arrives in America?
(a) Exactly like Genya.
(b) Successful and together.
(d) Disheveled and slovenly.
4. Why does Luter stop coming to the Shearl's for dinner?
(a) He is going to a marriage broker.
(b) Genya slaps him.
(c) He overhears Genya calling him ugly.
(d) He has an argument with Albert.
5. How does David feel when he learns his father will be home all day while he changes jobs?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Joe Luter?
2. When David gets lost in the city, where does his mother come to pick him up?
3. What does Albert vow to do after being sent home from Dolman's Press?
4. Why does David kick Yussie and give him a bloody nose?
5. What frightens David most about the thought of death?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)