|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II: The Picture.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is on the bottom floor of the flat David and his family live in at the beginning of the book?
(a) More apartments.
(b) A candy store.
(c) A bookstore.
(d) The cellar.
2. On the day David sees the funeral procession, what kind of contest does he see boys participating in?
(b) Urinating in the snow.
(d) Throwing rocks at pigeons.
3. How does Albert treat Nathan when he came to dinner?
(a) He is very kind.
(b) He insults Nathan openly.
(c) He is welcoming.
(d) He barely acknowledges Nathan.
4. Why does David kick Yussie and give him a bloody nose?
(a) Yussie teases David about Annie.
(b) Yussie calls Genya ugly.
(c) Yussie kicks him first.
(d) Yussie hits him with a hanger.
5. Why does Albert send David into his workplace alone?
(a) To collect Albert's things and his final paycheck.
(b) To beg for Albert's job.
(c) To tell Albert's boss Albert is ill.
(d) To ask the boss for a job for Genya.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Luter comes over while Albert is away, what does Genya realize about Luter?
2. What year is it when the book begins?
3. How does Albert view Bertha?
4. What happens to Albert that causes him to leave work before he can lash out at Luter?
5. How does David feel when he learns his father will be home all day while he changes jobs?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)