|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II: The Picture.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of shop do Nathan and Bertha plan to open?
(a) A candy shop.
(b) A book shop.
(c) A shoe store.
(d) A newspaper stand.
2. After the dinner with Nathan and the family becomes tense, what does Nathan suggest?
(a) That David leave the table.
(b) That he and Albert step outside.
(c) That he and Bertha go for a walk.
(d) That he leave.
3. "Goy" is a Jewish term for what?
(a) A Christian.
(b) A handsome man.
(c) An atheist.
(d) A poor man.
4. Who babysits David while his parents go out in Book I?
(c) Mrs. Mink.
5. What is Genya's mood when the family reunites in New York?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Book I, why is Albert fired from his job?
2. What new thing for David is included in dinner when Luter first comes to visit?
3. Why does Albert send David into his workplace alone?
4. When Luter comes over while Albert is away, what does Genya realize about Luter?
5. What is on the bottom floor of the flat David and his family live in at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)