|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II: The Picture.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What signal reminds David to return home at the end of the day when he is playing outside?
(a) The other children returning home.
(b) His father arriving home.
(c) A whistle signaling quitting time.
(d) His mother calls him.
2. What faith is the Schearl family?
3. What industry does Albert work in at the beginning of the book?
(a) Candy factory.
(c) Paper mill.
(d) Garbage collection.
4. What does David's mother purchase to place in their kitchen?
(a) A tea pot.
(b) A vase.
(c) A coffee maker.
(d) A picture.
5. In Book I, why does David knock a boy to the pavement?
(a) The boy speaks about Genya in a lewd manner.
(b) He runs into the boy during a game of catch.
(c) Yussie and the boys tease him about Albert beating him.
(d) The boy calls him a dirty Jew.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David do to anger his father when Luter comes for Friday Sabbath dinner?
2. What languages do Genya and Bertha talk in that David can understand?
3. In Book I, why is Albert fired from his job?
4. What kind of shop do Nathan and Bertha plan to open?
5. When Luter finds out that Genya has never left the neighborhood, what does he give Albert and Genya?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)