|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II: The Picture.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What industry does Albert work in at the beginning of the book?
(a) Candy factory.
(b) Garbage collection.
(d) Paper mill.
2. What does David do to anger his father when Luter comes for Friday Sabbath dinner?
(a) Spills soup.
(b) Talks out of turn.
(d) Fails to offer Luter wine.
3. What was Genya's father's reaction to her affair?
(a) He was quiet and sad.
(b) He verbally and physically abused her.
(c) He didn't care.
(d) He was sorry it ended.
4. What happens to Albert that causes him to leave work before he can lash out at Luter?
(a) He injurs his thumb.
(b) He is promoted.
(c) Luter quits.
(d) He is fired.
5. What kind of shop do Nathan and Bertha plan to open?
(a) A book shop.
(b) A shoe store.
(c) A newspaper stand.
(d) A candy shop.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does David put the calendar pages he tears from the calendar every day?
2. Why didn't Genya's lover run off with her?
3. In Book I, where does Albert complain that he is being treated badly?
4. What time of the day does Albert work as a milkman?
5. How does Albert treat Nathan when he came to dinner?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)