|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II: The Picture.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was David born?
2. What happens at Ellis Island during the year in which this book begins?
(a) The President gives a historic speech there.
(b) There is a bombing.
(c) The highest number of immigrants are processed there.
(d) There is an earthquake.
3. How does Albert treat Nathan when he came to dinner?
(a) He is very kind.
(b) He barely acknowledges Nathan.
(c) He insults Nathan openly.
(d) He is welcoming.
4. What time of the day does Albert work as a milkman?
(a) At night.
(b) In the afternoon.
(c) During the day.
(d) Only in the early hours of the morning.
5. What language do Genya and Bertha talk in that David cannot understand?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Genya marry Albert?
2. What industry does Albert work in at the beginning of the book?
3. What frightens David most about the thought of death?
4. Who is in a foul mood as the Schearl family reunites?
5. "Goy" is a Jewish term for what?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)