|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II: The Picture.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Joe Luter?
(a) Bertha's husband.
(b) Albert's cousin.
(c) Albert's foreman.
(d) Genya's uncle.
2. While the boys are taunting David in Book I, who comes to the Schearl's home?
3. What new thing for David is included in dinner when Luter first comes to visit?
(b) Dinner rolls.
(d) Table manners.
4. What faith is the Schearl family?
5. What is Genya's mood when the family reunites in New York?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of David's playmate who lives in the flat above his in Book I?
2. How old is David when the book begins?
3. Why didn't Genya's lover run off with her?
4. What does David do to anger his father when Luter comes for Friday Sabbath dinner?
5. What happens to Albert that causes him to leave work before he can lash out at Luter?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)