|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II: The Picture.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Genya marry Albert?
(a) To escape her father.
(b) She loves him.
(c) He is handsome.
(d) They had similar goals.
2. What does David do to anger his father when Luter comes for Friday Sabbath dinner?
(a) Talks out of turn.
(b) Spills soup.
(c) Fails to offer Luter wine.
3. In Book I, where does Albert complain that he is being treated badly?
(a) In stores.
(c) The neighborhood.
4. How does Albert treat Nathan when he came to dinner?
(a) He is welcoming.
(b) He insults Nathan openly.
(c) He barely acknowledges Nathan.
(d) He is very kind.
5. When Luter finds out that Genya has never left the neighborhood, what does he give Albert and Genya?
(a) His car.
(b) A map.
(c) Theater tickets.
(d) Subway tickets.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David discover Genya liked to do as a girl?
2. What does Genya make Albert promise never to do again after David kicks Yussie?
3. In Book I, why does David knock a boy to the pavement?
4. What is the name of David's playmate who lives in the flat above his in Book I?
5. What happens to Albert that causes him to leave work before he can lash out at Luter?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)