|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II: The Picture.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does David feel when he learns his father will be home all day while he changes jobs?
2. Why was Genya's father determined to marry her off?
(a) He and his wife wanted to be alone.
(b) He wanted the best for her.
(c) He wanted her husband to take care of her.
(d) She was "ruined."
3. What industry does Albert work in at the beginning of the book?
(a) Candy factory.
(c) Garbage collection.
(d) Paper mill.
4. How many floors are in the flat that David and his family first live in?
5. What happens at Ellis Island during the year in which this book begins?
(a) There is an earthquake.
(b) The President gives a historic speech there.
(c) The highest number of immigrants are processed there.
(d) There is a bombing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of job does Albert look for after he leaves his job at Dolman's Press?
2. What year is it when the book begins?
3. How old is David in Book I?
4. What do the chants and rhymes of the girls playing remind David of?
5. When Luter comes over while Albert is away, what does Genya realize about Luter?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)