|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II: The Picture.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is David's reaction when he sees a funeral procession for the first time?
(a) David is curious.
(b) David is excited.
(c) David is sad.
(d) David is frightened.
2. How does Albert view Bertha?
(a) Crude and uncivilized.
(c) Mean but pretty.
(d) Beautiful and shy.
3. How does David feel when he learns his father will be home all day while he changes jobs?
4. What does Bertha look like when she arrives in America?
(b) Successful and together.
(c) Exactly like Genya.
(d) Disheveled and slovenly.
5. Where is Luter from?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David ask Genya about after seeing a funeral procession?
2. How does David feel about Luter's frequent visits?
3. What do the chants and rhymes of the girls playing remind David of?
4. Who is Mrs. Mink?
5. Where does Albert get a job after he is fired?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)