|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II: The Picture.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While the boys are taunting David in Book I, who comes to the Schearl's home?
2. What kind of job does Albert look for after he leaves his job at Dolman's Press?
(a) One where he can boss other people around.
(b) His own store.
(d) One where he can be his own boss and work outside.
3. Why did Genya marry Albert?
(a) They had similar goals.
(b) To escape her father.
(c) She loves him.
(d) He is handsome.
4. What is Bertha like compared to Genya?
(a) Very much alike.
(b) More submissive.
(c) The complete opposite.
(d) Much prettier.
5. What time of the day does Albert work as a milkman?
(a) Only in the early hours of the morning.
(b) During the day.
(c) In the afternoon.
(d) At night.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Albert vow to do after being sent home from Dolman's Press?
2. What language do Genya and Bertha talk in that David cannot understand?
3. What does David discover Genya liked to do as a girl?
4. Who is in a foul mood as the Schearl family reunites?
5. Why does Luter stop coming to the Shearl's for dinner?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)