|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II: The Picture.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does David feel when he learns his father will be home all day while he changes jobs?
2. Where does Albert get a job after he is fired?
(a) Bertha's Candy Shop.
(b) Dolman's Press.
(c) The New York Times.
(d) Finniman's Press.
3. What does David discover Genya liked to do as a girl?
(b) Ride horses.
4. What does David ask Genya about after seeing a funeral procession?
(b) Her parents.
5. What happens to Albert that causes him to leave work before he can lash out at Luter?
(a) Luter quits.
(b) He injurs his thumb.
(c) He is fired.
(d) He is promoted.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the dinner with Nathan and the family becomes tense, what does Nathan suggest?
2. What language do Genya and Bertha talk in that David cannot understand?
3. What does Albert vow to do after being sent home from Dolman's Press?
4. Who has never seen David before David arrives in New York?
5. In Book I, why is Albert fired from his job?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)