|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II: The Picture.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Albert react to David when David first arrives in New York?
(a) Albert ignores David.
(b) Albert criticizes David.
(c) Albert hugs David.
(d) Albert is overjoyed to see David.
2. What new thing for David is included in dinner when Luter first comes to visit?
(c) Dinner rolls.
(d) Table manners.
3. Why was Genya's father determined to marry her off?
(a) He and his wife wanted to be alone.
(b) She was "ruined."
(c) He wanted her husband to take care of her.
(d) He wanted the best for her.
4. How does Albert view Bertha?
(b) Crude and uncivilized.
(c) Beautiful and shy.
(d) Mean but pretty.
5. On the day David sees the funeral procession, what kind of contest does he see boys participating in?
(a) Urinating in the snow.
(b) Throwing rocks at pigeons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What signal reminds David to return home at the end of the day when he is playing outside?
2. What frightens David most about the thought of death?
3. Why does Luter often come over to the Shearl's house?
4. How old is David in Book I?
5. What kind of shop do Nathan and Bertha plan to open?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)