|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV: The Rail, Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Goy" is a Jewish term for what?
(a) A poor man.
(b) An atheist.
(c) A Christian.
(d) A handsome man.
2. How much milk is stolen from the wagon?
(a) Two bottles.
(b) Ten bottles.
(c) One case.
(d) The entire wagon.
3. What soothes David following the milk route incident?
(a) Thinking about God.
(b) His mother's love.
(c) Looking out the skylight window.
(d) His blanket.
4. How does Albert treat Nathan when he came to dinner?
(a) He is very kind.
(b) He insults Nathan openly.
(c) He barely acknowledges Nathan.
(d) He is welcoming.
5. Where does David go to burn the chumitz?
(a) The roof.
(b) The harbor.
(c) The East River.
(d) The ally.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was David born?
2. After the dinner with Nathan and the family becomes tense, what does Nathan suggest?
3. Where does David go to avoid his father's return when he gets home after going on the milk route with Albert?
4. What idea does Bertha relish concerning running her own business?
5. How does Albert view Bertha?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)