|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV: The Rail, Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Genya make Albert promise never to do again after David kicks Yussie?
(a) Leave David alone.
(b) Allow the boys to play together.
(c) Beat David.
(d) Speak to Yussie again.
2. Where is Bertha from?
3. Who starts to take David to museums and landmarks?
(c) Mrs. Mink.
4. After the dinner with Nathan and the family becomes tense, what does Nathan suggest?
(a) That he and Bertha go for a walk.
(b) That he leave.
(c) That he and Albert step outside.
(d) That David leave the table.
5. What language do Genya and Bertha talk in that David cannot understand?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Albert view Bertha?
2. When David gets lost in the city, where does his mother come to pick him up?
3. What does Bertha look like when she arrives in America?
4. Who used coal to cleanse Isaiah's mouth?
5. How does David feel when he learns his father will be home all day while he changes jobs?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)