|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV: The Rail, Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of shop do Nathan and Bertha plan to open?
(a) A book shop.
(b) A candy shop.
(c) A shoe store.
(d) A newspaper stand.
2. Where does Albert get a job after he is fired?
(a) Finniman's Press.
(b) The New York Times.
(c) Dolman's Press.
(d) Bertha's Candy Shop.
3. After the dinner with Nathan and the family becomes tense, what does Nathan suggest?
(a) That he leave.
(b) That he and Bertha go for a walk.
(c) That he and Albert step outside.
(d) That David leave the table.
4. What new thing for David is included in dinner when Luter first comes to visit?
(a) Dinner rolls.
(b) Table manners.
5. Why does Albert take part of another milkman's route?
(a) The other man was fired.
(b) The other man is on vacation
(c) The other man quit.
(d) The other man is injured.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time of the day does Albert work as a milkman?
2. What is on the bottom floor of the flat David and his family live in at the beginning of the book?
3. Where do David and his family move to after Albert gets a job as a milkman?
4. What year is it when the book begins?
5. In Book I, why does David knock a boy to the pavement?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)