|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV: The Rail, Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does David go to burn the chumitz?
(a) The East River.
(b) The harbor.
(c) The ally.
(d) The roof.
2. How does Rabbi Yidel feel about the younger generation of Jewish boys?
3. What is the name of David's playmate who lives in the flat above his in Book I?
4. What signal reminds David to return home at the end of the day when he is playing outside?
(a) His father arriving home.
(b) A whistle signaling quitting time.
(c) His mother calls him.
(d) The other children returning home.
5. What kind of shop do Nathan and Bertha plan to open?
(a) A book shop.
(b) A newspaper stand.
(c) A shoe store.
(d) A candy shop.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does David go to avoid his father's return when he gets home after going on the milk route with Albert?
2. Where does Albert get a job after he is fired?
3. Where is Bertha from?
4. How old is David when the book begins?
5. On the day David sees the funeral procession, what kind of contest does he see boys participating in?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)