|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV: The Rail, Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What soothes David following the milk route incident?
(a) Thinking about God.
(b) Looking out the skylight window.
(c) His blanket.
(d) His mother's love.
2. In Book I, why is Albert fired from his job?
(a) He missed too many days of work.
(b) He made too many errors in his work.
(c) He threatened his coworkers.
(d) He was caught drinking on the job.
3. Why does Albert send David into his workplace alone?
(a) To beg for Albert's job.
(b) To ask the boss for a job for Genya.
(c) To collect Albert's things and his final paycheck.
(d) To tell Albert's boss Albert is ill.
4. Where does Albert get a job after he is fired?
(a) Dolman's Press.
(b) The New York Times.
(c) Bertha's Candy Shop.
(d) Finniman's Press.
5. Who is dousing all the small fires set to burn the chumitz?
(a) A street cleaner.
(b) A mail man.
(c) A policeman.
(d) A fireman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does David kick Yussie and give him a bloody nose?
2. What does Genya make Albert promise never to do again after David kicks Yussie?
3. What does Rabbi Yidel teach David?
4. What is David's reaction when he sees a funeral procession for the first time?
5. What signal reminds David to return home at the end of the day when he is playing outside?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)