|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV: The Rail, Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rabbi Yidel feel about the younger generation of Jewish boys?
2. How does David feel when he learns his father will be home all day while he changes jobs?
3. Where was David born?
4. How old is David when the book begins?
(a) A young man.
(b) A toddler.
(c) A teenager.
(d) A school-aged boy.
5. Why is the rabbi angry with David when he attends cheder after going on Albert's milk route?
(a) He reads the wrong passage.
(b) He knows what Albert did.
(c) He is late.
(d) David isn't able to perform adequately.
Short Answer Questions
1. What industry does Albert work in at the beginning of the book?
2. What does Albert vow to do after being sent home from Dolman's Press?
3. In Book I, what does Albert send David out in the freezing rain to get?
4. Who babysits David while his parents go out in Book I?
5. Failing to burn a chumitz is a ____ in David's faith.
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)