|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV: The Rail, Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David do to earn a penny from an old woman?
(a) Light a lamp.
(b) Go to the store for her.
(c) Carry her bags up the stairs.
(d) Help her cross the street.
2. What industry does Albert work in at the beginning of the book?
(a) Garbage collection.
(c) Candy factory.
(d) Paper mill.
3. What idea does Bertha relish concerning running her own business?
(a) Choosing the candies.
(b) Being free to raise her children.
(c) Being her own boss.
(d) Having employees to boss around.
4. Why did Genya marry Albert?
(a) He is handsome.
(b) She loves him.
(c) To escape her father.
(d) They had similar goals.
5. How does Albert view Bertha?
(a) Mean but pretty.
(b) Crude and uncivilized.
(c) Beautiful and shy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Bertha from?
2. What is Bertha like compared to Genya?
3. Why does Luter stop coming to the Shearl's for dinner?
4. Who starts to take David to museums and landmarks?
5. What time of the day does Albert work as a milkman?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)