|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV: The Rail, Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the coming of age celebration for Jewish boys?
(b) Bar Mitzvah.
2. Who dominates the dinner conversation when Nathan comes to dinner?
3. What signal reminds David to return home at the end of the day when he is playing outside?
(a) His father arriving home.
(b) His mother calls him.
(c) A whistle signaling quitting time.
(d) The other children returning home.
4. Why does David consider running away when the milk is stolen?
(a) He thinks he will be blamed for the theft.
(b) He is afraid of Albert's reaction.
(c) He is bored.
(d) He will have to pay for the stolen milk.
5. In Book III, David climbs through a window to get into what building?
(a) The cheder school.
(b) A candy store.
(c) The elementry school.
(d) His home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of the new apartment does David finds relaxing?
2. How does David feel about Luter's frequent visits?
3. What industry does Albert work in at the beginning of the book?
4. Why does Albert take part of another milkman's route?
5. What is David's reaction when he sees a funeral procession for the first time?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)