|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV: The Rail, Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Luter finds out that Genya has never left the neighborhood, what does he give Albert and Genya?
(a) Subway tickets.
(b) His car.
(c) A map.
(d) Theater tickets.
2. After the dinner with Nathan and the family becomes tense, what does Nathan suggest?
(a) That David leave the table.
(b) That he and Bertha go for a walk.
(c) That he leave.
(d) That he and Albert step outside.
3. What is the coming of age celebration for Jewish boys?
(b) Bar Mitzvah.
4. Who dominates the dinner conversation when Nathan comes to dinner?
5. What story does David read from a blue book after the incident with the group of boys at the trolley rails?
(a) The Ten Commandments.
(c) Isaiah and the coal.
(d) David and Goliath.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do David and his family move to after Albert gets a job as a milkman?
2. While the boys are taunting David in Book I, who comes to the Schearl's home?
3. A chumitz is a Passover tradition to burn what?
4. When David gets lost in the city, where does his mother come to pick him up?
5. "Goy" is a Jewish term for what?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)