|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV: The Rail, Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Failing to burn a chumitz is a ____ in David's faith.
(a) Great honor.
(b) Minor sin.
(c) A sign of luck.
(d) Major sin.
2. Where is Luter from?
3. What does Rabbi Yidel give David for reading an entire passage in Hebrew?
(a) A piece of candy.
(b) A nickel.
(c) A penny.
(d) A dime.
4. What happens at Ellis Island during the year in which this book begins?
(a) The highest number of immigrants are processed there.
(b) The President gives a historic speech there.
(c) There is an earthquake.
(d) There is a bombing.
5. On the day David sees the funeral procession, what kind of contest does he see boys participating in?
(b) Throwing rocks at pigeons.
(d) Urinating in the snow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Albert vow to do after being sent home from Dolman's Press?
2. Why does David's mother take so long to open the door?
3. Where does David go to avoid his father's return when he gets home after going on the milk route with Albert?
4. What fear that David had when he was younger returns in Book IV?
5. What kind of shop do Nathan and Bertha plan to open?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)