|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV: The Rail, Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What new thing for David is included in dinner when Luter first comes to visit?
(c) Table manners.
(d) Dinner rolls.
2. Who does Albert instruct David not to tell about the events during the milk route?
(a) Albert's boss.
(b) David's mother.
(c) The rabbi.
(d) The policemen.
3. Where does Bertha meet Nathan?
(a) At church.
(b) At work.
(c) On the bus.
(d) At the dentist's office.
4. What frightens David most about the thought of death?
(a) Being cold.
(b) Going to Hell.
(c) Being buried in the earth forever.
(d) Not seeing his mother.
5. Who starts to take David to museums and landmarks?
(d) Mrs. Mink.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Book I, what does Albert send David out in the freezing rain to get?
2. What is David's reaction when he sees a funeral procession for the first time?
3. While the boys are taunting David in Book I, who comes to the Schearl's home?
4. Who does David see as his refuge?
5. How does Albert view Bertha?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)