|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV: The Rail, Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What story does David read from a blue book after the incident with the group of boys at the trolley rails?
(a) Isaiah and the coal.
(b) David and Goliath.
(d) The Ten Commandments.
2. What is on the bottom floor of the flat David and his family live in at the beginning of the book?
(a) A bookstore.
(b) More apartments.
(c) The cellar.
(d) A candy store.
3. Who starts to take David to museums and landmarks?
(b) Mrs. Mink.
4. Who is Mrs. Mink?
(a) Luter's fiancee.
(b) Leo's mother.
(c) David's teacher.
(d) Yussie's mother.
5. What industry does Albert work in at the beginning of the book?
(b) Garbage collection.
(c) Candy factory.
(d) Paper mill.
Short Answer Questions
1. While the boys are taunting David in Book I, who comes to the Schearl's home?
2. What do the boys want to cause with the trolley rail?
3. What frightens David most about the thought of death?
4. What does Annie try to do to David when Yussie leaves to get bread?
5. When David gets lost in the city, where does his mother come to pick him up?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)