|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV: The Rail, Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do David and his family move to after Albert gets a job as a milkman?
(b) New Jersey.
(c) Ellis Island.
(d) The Lower East Side.
2. Who is Joe Luter?
(a) Bertha's husband.
(b) Albert's cousin.
(c) Genya's uncle.
(d) Albert's foreman.
3. In Book I, what does Albert send David out in the freezing rain to get?
(c) A newspaper.
4. Why does David's mother take so long to open the door?
(a) She is asleep.
(b) She is cooking.
(c) She is bathing.
(d) She is doing the laundry.
5. When Luter comes over while Albert is away, what does Genya realize about Luter?
(a) Luter plans to kidnap David.
(b) Luter is in love with Albert.
(c) Luter is lonely.
(d) Luter wants to have an affair with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What industry does Albert work in at the beginning of the book?
2. While the boys are taunting David in Book I, who comes to the Schearl's home?
3. In Book III, David climbs through a window to get into what building?
4. On the day David sees the funeral procession, what kind of contest does he see boys participating in?
5. What kind of job does Albert look for after he leaves his job at Dolman's Press?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)