|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV: The Rail, Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the coming of age celebration for Jewish boys?
(a) Bar Mitzvah.
2. Why was Genya's father determined to marry her off?
(a) She was "ruined."
(b) He and his wife wanted to be alone.
(c) He wanted the best for her.
(d) He wanted her husband to take care of her.
3. What kind of job does Albert look for after he leaves his job at Dolman's Press?
(a) One where he can be his own boss and work outside.
(c) One where he can boss other people around.
(d) His own store.
4. What time of the day does Albert work as a milkman?
(a) In the afternoon.
(b) During the day.
(c) At night.
(d) Only in the early hours of the morning.
5. What does David think the coal used to cleanse Isaiah's mouth might be?
(b) White but not hot.
(d) Black and hot.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Albert treat Nathan when he came to dinner?
2. When Luter finds out that Genya has never left the neighborhood, what does he give Albert and Genya?
3. Who used coal to cleanse Isaiah's mouth?
4. What does David's mother purchase to place in their kitchen?
5. Who starts to take David to museums and landmarks?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)