|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV: The Rail, Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of David's playmate who lives in the flat above his in Book I?
2. What year is it when the book begins?
3. What part of the new apartment does David finds relaxing?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) His bedroom.
(c) The skylight window.
(d) The cellar.
4. Why does David consider running away when the milk is stolen?
(a) He will have to pay for the stolen milk.
(b) He is bored.
(c) He thinks he will be blamed for the theft.
(d) He is afraid of Albert's reaction.
5. What does Bertha look like when she arrives in America?
(b) Disheveled and slovenly.
(c) Successful and together.
(d) Exactly like Genya.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Albert send David into his workplace alone?
2. Why is the rabbi angry with David when he attends cheder after going on Albert's milk route?
3. What does David think the coal used to cleanse Isaiah's mouth might be?
4. What does Albert vow to do after being sent home from Dolman's Press?
5. What kind of shop do Nathan and Bertha plan to open?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)