|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV: The Rail, Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does David kick Yussie and give him a bloody nose?
(a) Yussie hits him with a hanger.
(b) Yussie teases David about Annie.
(c) Yussie calls Genya ugly.
(d) Yussie kicks him first.
2. In Book I, why does David knock a boy to the pavement?
(a) The boy calls him a dirty Jew.
(b) Yussie and the boys tease him about Albert beating him.
(c) The boy speaks about Genya in a lewd manner.
(d) He runs into the boy during a game of catch.
3. On the day David sees the funeral procession, what kind of contest does he see boys participating in?
(a) Throwing rocks at pigeons.
(c) Urinating in the snow.
4. What does Rabbi Yidel give David for reading an entire passage in Hebrew?
(a) A piece of candy.
(b) A dime.
(c) A nickel.
(d) A penny.
5. Who does David see as his refuge?
(c) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What languages do Genya and Bertha talk in that David can understand?
2. What is Genya's mood when the family reunites in New York?
3. What does Bertha look like when she arrives in America?
4. Whose job is it to protect the wagon and the milk while the milk is being delivered?
5. Who is Mrs. Mink?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)