|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV: The Rail, Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Albert send David into his workplace alone?
(a) To beg for Albert's job.
(b) To ask the boss for a job for Genya.
(c) To collect Albert's things and his final paycheck.
(d) To tell Albert's boss Albert is ill.
2. Who is punched into unconsciousness after the milk is stolen?
(c) One of the theives.
(d) A store owner.
3. When Luter comes over while Albert is away, what does Genya realize about Luter?
(a) Luter is in love with Albert.
(b) Luter plans to kidnap David.
(c) Luter is lonely.
(d) Luter wants to have an affair with her.
4. Who does Albert instruct David not to tell about the events during the milk route?
(a) The rabbi.
(b) The policemen.
(c) Albert's boss.
(d) David's mother.
5. What fear that David had when he was younger returns in Book IV?
(b) Dark hallways and cellars.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David do when he reaches the top of the stairs after returning home from cheder in Book IV, Chapters 1-4?
2. Who starts to take David to museums and landmarks?
3. What does Rabbi Yidel teach David?
4. What idea does Bertha relish concerning running her own business?
5. When David gets lost in the city, where does his mother come to pick him up?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)