|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV: The Rail, Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Goy" is a Jewish term for what?
(a) A handsome man.
(b) A Christian.
(c) A poor man.
(d) An atheist.
2. What does Genya make Albert promise never to do again after David kicks Yussie?
(a) Allow the boys to play together.
(b) Beat David.
(c) Speak to Yussie again.
(d) Leave David alone.
3. What kind of job does Albert look for after he leaves his job at Dolman's Press?
(a) One where he can be his own boss and work outside.
(b) His own store.
(d) One where he can boss other people around.
4. After the milk is stolen, what does Albert hit David with?
(a) A whip.
(b) A milk bottle.
(c) A club.
(d) The reins.
5. In Book I, what does Albert send David out in the freezing rain to get?
(b) A newspaper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What signal reminds David to return home at the end of the day when he is playing outside?
2. How does Albert treat Nathan when he came to dinner?
3. While the boys are taunting David in Book I, who comes to the Schearl's home?
4. Who is Mrs. Mink?
5. What does David's mother purchase to place in their kitchen?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)