|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV: The Rail, Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Albert take part of another milkman's route?
(a) The other man quit.
(b) The other man is on vacation
(c) The other man was fired.
(d) The other man is injured.
2. What idea does Bertha relish concerning running her own business?
(a) Choosing the candies.
(b) Having employees to boss around.
(c) Being her own boss.
(d) Being free to raise her children.
3. Why does David kick Yussie and give him a bloody nose?
(a) Yussie kicks him first.
(b) Yussie calls Genya ugly.
(c) Yussie hits him with a hanger.
(d) Yussie teases David about Annie.
4. What time of the day does Albert work as a milkman?
(a) At night.
(b) In the afternoon.
(c) During the day.
(d) Only in the early hours of the morning.
5. Where do David and his family move to after Albert gets a job as a milkman?
(b) The Lower East Side.
(c) Ellis Island.
(d) New Jersey.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Annie try to do to David when Yussie leaves to get bread?
2. What does Genya make Albert promise never to do again after David kicks Yussie?
3. Why is the rabbi angry with David when he attends cheder after going on Albert's milk route?
4. How does Albert view Bertha?
5. What was Genya's father's reaction to her affair?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)