|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV: The Rail, Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has never seen David before David arrives in New York?
(d) David's grandmother.
2. How does Albert treat Nathan when he came to dinner?
(a) He is welcoming.
(b) He barely acknowledges Nathan.
(c) He insults Nathan openly.
(d) He is very kind.
3. Where does David put the calendar pages he tears from the calendar every day?
(a) Under his bed.
(b) In a shoe box.
(c) In the garbage.
(d) In the fireplace.
4. What is David's reaction when he sees a funeral procession for the first time?
(a) David is sad.
(b) David is excited.
(c) David is frightened.
(d) David is curious.
5. What idea does Bertha relish concerning running her own business?
(a) Being her own boss.
(b) Choosing the candies.
(c) Having employees to boss around.
(d) Being free to raise her children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does David kick Yussie and give him a bloody nose?
2. Whose job is it to protect the wagon and the milk while the milk is being delivered?
3. What does David do when he reaches the top of the stairs after returning home from cheder in Book IV, Chapters 1-4?
4. What happens at Ellis Island during the year in which this book begins?
5. Who babysits David while his parents go out in Book I?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)