|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV: The Rail, Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David think the coal used to cleanse Isaiah's mouth might be?
(a) White but not hot.
(d) Black and hot.
2. Why does Albert send David into his workplace alone?
(a) To collect Albert's things and his final paycheck.
(b) To beg for Albert's job.
(c) To tell Albert's boss Albert is ill.
(d) To ask the boss for a job for Genya.
3. In Book I, where does Albert complain that he is being treated badly?
(a) In stores.
(b) The neighborhood.
4. In Book I, what does Albert send David out in the freezing rain to get?
(b) A newspaper.
5. What happens to Albert that causes him to leave work before he can lash out at Luter?
(a) Luter quits.
(b) He is promoted.
(c) He injurs his thumb.
(d) He is fired.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David do to anger his father when Luter comes for Friday Sabbath dinner?
2. Where is Bertha from?
3. What does Rabbi Yidel teach David?
4. When Luter comes over while Albert is away, what does Genya realize about Luter?
5. Why does Luter stop coming to the Shearl's for dinner?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)