|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV: Chapters 7 - 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Goy" is a Jewish term for what?
(a) A handsome man.
(b) A poor man.
(c) A Christian.
(d) An atheist.
2. How does Albert view Bertha?
(a) Mean but pretty.
(b) Beautiful and shy.
(d) Crude and uncivilized.
3. When Genya was young, who did she have an affair with?
(a) A Buddhist.
(b) A rabbi.
(c) A goy church organist.
(d) A rich Jewish man.
4. How old is Leo?
5. After Albert drops David off from the milk route, where is he instructed to go?
(c) To cheder.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who dominates the dinner conversation when Nathan comes to dinner?
2. After the dinner with Nathan and the family becomes tense, what does Nathan suggest?
3. Why is the rabbi angry with David when he attends cheder after going on Albert's milk route?
4. What is Leo doing when David finds him after returning from Bertha's?
5. Who looks after Leo during the day?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)