|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV: Chapters 7 - 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why didn't Genya's lover run off with her?
(a) He married someone else.
(b) His parents forbid it.
(c) She didn't love him anymore.
(d) He died.
2. After the milk is stolen, what does Albert hit David with?
(a) A milk bottle.
(b) The reins.
(c) A whip.
(d) A club.
3. What happened to Leo's father?
(a) Leo's mother never married him.
(b) He was killed.
(c) He was put in a mental institution.
(d) He divorced Leo's mother.
4. Where do David and his family move to after Albert gets a job as a milkman?
(b) Ellis Island.
(c) New Jersey.
(d) The Lower East Side.
5. Why was Genya's father determined to marry her off?
(a) He wanted her husband to take care of her.
(b) He wanted the best for her.
(c) She was "ruined."
(d) He and his wife wanted to be alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Bertha from?
2. Where does Leo often go to play?
3. Why does Albert take part of another milkman's route?
4. How do Leo and David avoid being seen by Bertha?
5. Where do Leo and Esther go to be alone?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)