|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV: Chapters 7 - 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does David go to try to find a pair of roller skates?
(a) Bertha's candy store.
(b) His mother's closet.
(c) The cellar.
(d) A skate shop.
2. Who looks after Leo during the day?
(a) Mrs. Mink.
(c) His mother.
3. Where do Leo and Esther go to be alone?
(a) Esther's bedroom.
(b) Leo's bedroom.
(c) Behind the candy store.
(d) Into the storage cellar.
4. What languages do Genya and Bertha talk in that David can understand?
(a) Italian and German.
(b) Polish and English.
(c) Spanish and German.
(d) Yiddish and English.
5. What was Genya's father's reaction to her affair?
(a) He was quiet and sad.
(b) He didn't care.
(c) He was sorry it ended.
(d) He verbally and physically abused her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Leo's father?
2. What does Bertha look like when she arrives in America?
3. Where does David go to avoid his father's return when he gets home after going on the milk route with Albert?
4. What soothes David following the milk route incident?
5. After the dinner with Nathan and the family becomes tense, what does Nathan suggest?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)