|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV: Chapters 7 - 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leo help Esther with?
(b) Her dress.
(c) Putting on her skates.
(d) Tying a knot.
2. What does David do when he reaches the top of the stairs after returning home from cheder in Book IV, Chapters 1-4?
(a) Falls asleep.
(b) Bangs on the door.
(c) Sits on the step and waits.
(d) Reads a book.
3. Where does Bertha meet Nathan?
(a) At work.
(b) On the bus.
(c) At the dentist's office.
(d) At church.
4. What happened to Leo's father?
(a) He was killed.
(b) He divorced Leo's mother.
(c) He was put in a mental institution.
(d) Leo's mother never married him.
5. What language do Genya and Bertha talk in that David cannot understand?
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Leo and David avoid being seen by Bertha?
2. Why does David consider running away when the milk is stolen?
3. Whose picture is on the wall in Leo's house?
4. Who does Albert instruct David not to tell about the events during the milk route?
5. What is Bertha like compared to Genya?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)