|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV: Chapters 7 - 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Albert treat Nathan when he came to dinner?
(a) He is very kind.
(b) He is welcoming.
(c) He insults Nathan openly.
(d) He barely acknowledges Nathan.
2. Where does Leo's mother work?
(a) In a factory.
(b) At a diner.
(c) In a bank as a custodian.
(d) At the school.
3. Where does the rabbi send David from cheder in Book IV?
(a) The cellar.
(b) The coat room.
(c) The store.
4. "Goy" is a Jewish term for what?
(a) A Christian.
(b) A handsome man.
(c) An atheist.
(d) A poor man.
5. Why didn't Genya's lover run off with her?
(a) He married someone else.
(b) She didn't love him anymore.
(c) He died.
(d) His parents forbid it.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the dinner with Nathan and the family becomes tense, what does Nathan suggest?
2. Who does Albert instruct David not to tell about the events during the milk route?
3. What language do Genya and Bertha talk in that David cannot understand?
4. What kind of shop do Nathan and Bertha plan to open?
5. When Genya was young, who did she have an affair with?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)