|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV: Chapters 7 - 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Bertha meet Nathan?
(a) At church.
(b) On the bus.
(c) At work.
(d) At the dentist's office.
2. What languages do Genya and Bertha talk in that David can understand?
(a) Italian and German.
(b) Spanish and German.
(c) Yiddish and English.
(d) Polish and English.
3. Why does Albert take part of another milkman's route?
(a) The other man quit.
(b) The other man is on vacation
(c) The other man is injured.
(d) The other man was fired.
4. Who starts to take David to museums and landmarks?
(c) Mrs. Mink.
5. What idea does Bertha relish concerning running her own business?
(a) Being free to raise her children.
(b) Being her own boss.
(c) Choosing the candies.
(d) Having employees to boss around.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Leo's father?
2. How much milk is stolen from the wagon?
3. Where does David go to try to find a pair of roller skates?
4. Where does the rabbi send David from cheder in Book IV?
5. Why does David's mother take so long to open the door?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)