Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mafatu do to the shark?
2. About what is Mafatu unsure?
3. How does Mafatu fell a tree?
4. What does the boy plan to wait until the next day to do?
5. He has the skill and resources to build a net but cannot get out to the "distant reef" to cast the net without his canoe. What does this do to him?
Essay Topic 1
Mafatu is very self-sufficient.
Part 1) How is he self-sufficient? What can one learn about Mafatu's culture through his self-sufficiency?
Part 2) How does this new independence and knowledge both help and hurt him?
Part 3) Do you believe that people in our modern culture are self-sufficient? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Mafatu wants to make a boar's tooth necklace.
Part 1) Why?
Part 2) What makes him decide to do this?
Part 3) What is the reaction of his tribe when they see it? Why do they react this way?
Part 4) What in our culture would cause others to react in a similar way as Mafatu's tribe? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Mafatu has many voids in his life.
Part 1) What are these voids?
Part 2) What is the most important void? How has he been dealing with this void?
Part 3) How does this void lead him to adventure and ultimately to change, growth, and fulfillment?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)