Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mafatu do to the shark?
2. About what is Mafatu unsure?
3. How does Mafatu fell a tree?
4. What does the boy plan to wait until the next day to do?
5. He has the skill and resources to build a net but cannot get out to the "distant reef" to cast the net without his canoe. What does this do to him?
Mafatu learned many skills when living in Hikueru.
Part 1) What skills does he have? How had he thought about these skills when he had been at home?
Part 2) What does he think of these skills now? Why?
Part 3) How do these skills help build Mafatu's self-esteem?
Mafatu is very self-sufficient.
Part 1) How is he self-sufficient? What can one learn about Mafatu's culture through his self-sufficiency?
Part 2) How does this new independence and knowledge both help and hurt him?
Part 3) Do you believe that people in our modern culture are self-sufficient? Why or why not?
Mafatu takes only the bare essentials on his adventure.
Part 1) What does he take with him? How is this symbolic?
Part 2) How does the training he has received in his culture prepare him find what he needs using these basic supplies?
Part 3) Are you prepared by your culture to survive independently? Explain.
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)