Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mafatu do to the shark?
2. About what is Mafatu unsure?
3. How does Mafatu fell a tree?
4. What does the boy plan to wait until the next day to do?
5. He has the skill and resources to build a net but cannot get out to the "distant reef" to cast the net without his canoe. What does this do to him?
Essay Topic 1
Mafatu wants to make a boar's tooth necklace.
Part 1) Why?
Part 2) What makes him decide to do this?
Part 3) What is the reaction of his tribe when they see it? Why do they react this way?
Part 4) What in our culture would cause others to react in a similar way as Mafatu's tribe? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Mafatu endures many struggles during his journey.
Part 1) How does he struggle on the canoe? How does he overcome these struggles?
Part 2) How doe she struggle on the island? How does he overcome these struggles?
Part 3) How do these trials and tribulations change his character?
Part 4) Could he have made these personal changes without going on this adventure? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Mafatu learned many skills when living in Hikueru.
Part 1) What skills does he have? How had he thought about these skills when he had been at home?
Part 2) What does he think of these skills now? Why?
Part 3) How do these skills help build Mafatu's self-esteem?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)