Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mafatu do to the shark?
2. About what is Mafatu unsure?
3. How does Mafatu fell a tree?
4. What does the boy plan to wait until the next day to do?
5. He has the skill and resources to build a net but cannot get out to the "distant reef" to cast the net without his canoe. What does this do to him?
Essay Topic 1
Mafatu's story is timeless.
Part 1) Why is it timeless?
Part 2) What can various cultures around the world learn from this story?
Part 3) How is this story significant to you?
Essay Topic 2
Mafatu endures many struggles during his journey.
Part 1) How does he struggle on the canoe? How does he overcome these struggles?
Part 2) How doe she struggle on the island? How does he overcome these struggles?
Part 3) How do these trials and tribulations change his character?
Part 4) Could he have made these personal changes without going on this adventure? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Mafatu resolves to overcome his fears.
Part 1) How does his resolve show maturity? How does his resolve also show a childlike dependency?
Part 2) Does he overcome his fears? If so, how? If not, why not?
Part 3) What fears have you overcome? Compare and contrast your experience with that of Mafatu.
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)