Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What wakes Mafatu at midnight?
2. What is coming their way?
3. Suddenly, what does the bird do?
4. Who might his father think had taken his son?
5. What does the sky cast upon the tiny canoe?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mafatu describe at the beginning of the chapter?
2. What happens that foreshadows a larger storm?
3. What does Mafatu resolve to do each day?
4. Why does Mafatu become frightened?
5. What has Mafatu done by saving his dog?
6. How is Mafatu treated?
7. What will happen if he could kill the pig?
8. How does Mafatu and his mother end up in danger?
9. What does the spearhead symbolize?
10. How does Mafatu get his canoe in the water, away from the warriors?
Mafatu has many voids in his life.
Part 1) What are these voids?
Part 2) What is the most important void? How has he been dealing with this void?
Part 3) How does this void lead him to adventure and ultimately to change, growth, and fulfillment?
Mafatu collapses at the end of the book.
Part 1) What might have happened?
Part 2) What is significant about this?
Part 3) How might various interpretations of this ending affect readers?
There is a glimmer of Mafatu's moving toward self-sufficiency and independence.
Part 1) When does this first appear? How does his self-sufficiency and independence grow?
Part 2) How does his new sense of self guide him in the choices he makes?
Part 3) What does he learn about self-sufficiency and independence? Is it always good?
Part 4) Why or why not? How is this relevant in your own life?
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)