|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is he able to make?
(a) A gun.
(b) A flying machine.
(c) Nets, knives, sharkline and fishhooks.
(d) A hammock.
2. What does Mafatu do to the shark?
(a) He grabs him.
(b) He stabs him in the belly.
(c) He taunts him.
(d) He pushes on his gills.
3. What does the boy plan to wait until the next day to do?
(a) Hunt for food.
(b) Think about his father.
(c) Continue the process.
(d) Look for cannibals.
4. How does he fashion a fish trap?
(a) From a piece of trash.
(b) From a shell.
(c) From bamboo.
(d) From a log.
5. What is a moto tabu?
(a) A prayer.
(b) His favorite phrase.
(c) A type of food.
(d) A Forbidden Island.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does he feel after the climb to the lookout?
2. When does Mafatu climb up into the branches of the tree?
3. How does he feel as he heads out to the reef?
4. How does Mafatu feel when the construction of a new canoe is complete?
5. What does Mafatu begin fashioning?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)