|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How has Majatu conquered another fear when saving his dog?
(a) He jumped in the water.
(b) He used a knife.
(c) He killed the shark.
(d) He used a net.
2. What frightens Mafatu?
(a) To see the shark heading right for his dog.
(b) The current.
(c) The dark water.
(d) The waves.
3. How does he feel after the climb to the lookout?
(a) His injured leg hurts.
4. How does he feel as he heads out to the reef?
(b) Secretly hoping he does not encounter the shark.
(c) Hoping he can stab the shark.
5. Why did he initially think that Maui had led him to this island?
(a) So he could practice his hunting skills.
(b) So she could speak with him.
(c) So he would be safe.
(d) So he could have a home of his own.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the pyramid topped by a massive figure?
2. Who does he praise for bringing him safely to this island and for giving him courage?
3. How does Mafatu feel about the eaten fish?
4. How does he feel now that his knife is finished?
5. What does Mafatu wake up the next morning and remember?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mafatu decide not to go to his lookout?
2. How does Mafatu realize there are humans nearby?
3. What does Mafatu do when he sees the whale?
4. What will happen if he could kill the pig?
5. What does the spearhead symbolize?
6. How does Mafatu go about making a raft? Why is the raft important?
7. How does Mafatu prepare the pig?
8. How does Mafatu act like a child?
9. Why does Mafatu become frightened?
10. What does Mafatu find in the clearing?
This section contains 1,146 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)