|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does he feel as he heads out to the reef?
(c) Secretly hoping he does not encounter the shark.
(d) Hoping he can stab the shark.
2. What does he need to make a fishhook?
(b) A rock.
(c) A shell.
(d) Some bone.
3. As he is looking at another island, what is he astonished to see?
(a) A storm brewing.
(b) Canoes in the distance.
(c) Smoke rising from the trees.
(d) Kivi flying in the sky.
4. What does he wonder about this island?
(a) If he will ever escape it.
(b) Where he should build his home.
(c) If this is where they offered their sacrifices.
(d) If there are animals on this island.
5. What is a moto tabu?
(a) A prayer.
(b) A type of food.
(c) A Forbidden Island.
(d) His favorite phrase.
Short Answer Questions
1. He has faced a fear and come out unharmed. What is this?
2. What does Mafatu sees after he slides down the lava slide?
3. How does he move toward the idol?
4. What does Mafatu do to the shark?
5. Why does Mafatu decide not to go to his lookout to check for the arrival of the eaters-of-men?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)