|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Mafatu climb up into the branches of the tree?
(a) After the tree has fallen.
(b) When the fire has almost burned through the trunk of the tree.
(c) Before he fells the tree.
(d) As the tree is falling.
2. What is the pyramid topped by a massive figure?
(a) A dwelling.
(b) A shelter.
(c) A Sacred Place.
(d) A school.
3. What does he think about again?
(a) The island is dangerous.
(b) How alone he is.
(c) The island he had seen with the smoke rising above the trees.
(d) How hungry he is.
4. He would be able to return home with a boar's tooth necklace as proof of what?
(a) He killed a boar.
(b) He is strong.
(c) He likes to kill.
(d) His bravery and hunting prowess.
5. Why did he initially think that Maui had led him to this island?
(a) So he could have a home of his own.
(b) So he could practice his hunting skills.
(c) So he would be safe.
(d) So she could speak with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mafatu not ready to find food?
2. He has faced a fear and come out unharmed. What is this?
3. What does Mafatu begin to take care of?
4. What does Mafatu do to the shark?
5. What does Mafatu sees after he slides down the lava slide?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mafatu push away thoughts of home and his father?
2. How does Mafatu realize there are humans nearby?
3. What wakes him the next morning?
4. What does Mafatu make for dinner?
5. Why does Mafatu become frightened?
6. What happens when Mafatu and Uri are on the raft?
7. What will happen if he could kill the pig?
8. How does Mafatu prepare the pig?
9. How does Mafatu act like a child?
10. What are the first steps in making a canoe in Mafatu's culture?
This section contains 1,057 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)