|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To where does he head?
(a) Back to the beach where he had landed earlier that day.
(b) To the banana tree.
(c) To the other side of the island. Back to the idol.
(d) To his canoe.
2. How does he feel after building a fire?
(c) Content and worn out from the effort.
3. About what is Mafatu unsure?
(a) How to hunt.
(b) What food is safe to eat.
(c) Which island he is on.
(d) Where his friends have gone.
4. What symbolizes the courage it took to approach the sacred idol and seize what he needed?
(a) The banana tree.
(b) The spearhead.
(c) The clearing.
(d) The vines.
5. What does he notice as he begins ripping leaves from a banana tree?
(a) The fruit is missing.
(b) Smoke from another island.
(c) The fruit is moldy.
(d) The fruit has been cut cleanly from the branch with a knife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the pyramid topped by a massive figure?
2. What does Mafatu spot at the sacred spot?
3. What does Mafatu decide to explore?
4. What does he wonder about this island?
5. When does the tree fall to the ground?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mafatu remember and believe when he wakes up the next morning?
2. Why does Mafatu become frightened?
3. What is his victory?
4. How does Mafatu realize there are humans nearby?
5. What does the spearhead symbolize?
6. What will happen if he could kill the pig?
7. To what thoughts does the sighting of the wild boar lead?
8. How does Mafatu act like a child?
9. What happens when Mafatu and Uri are on the raft?
10. How does Mafatu go about making a raft? Why is the raft important?
This section contains 979 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)