|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What have been recently burned?
(b) Piles of bones.
(c) The trees around the clearing.
(d) Piles of wood.
2. What has rooted Mafatu to the ground?
(a) Uri's growl.
(c) A branch.
(d) Quick sand.
3. What does he think about the skills he had acquired back home?
(a) They help a little.
(b) They need to be improved.
(c) They are proving useful now.
(d) They are a waste.
4. What is he able to make?
(a) A hammock.
(b) A flying machine.
(c) A gun.
(d) Nets, knives, sharkline and fishhooks.
5. The next day, what does Mafatu begin to rebuild?
(a) His canoe.
(b) His shelter.
(c) His friendships.
(d) His life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mafatu begin to take care of?
2. Where are fish hooks made from bone, coconut-shell bowls, an extra clothing garment made waterproof for wet weather, and a coil of sennit found?
3. What does he notice as he begins ripping leaves from a banana tree?
4. He would be able to return home with a boar's tooth necklace as proof of what?
5. When does Mafatu climb up into the branches of the tree?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mafatu remember and believe when he wakes up the next morning?
2. What does Mafatu resolve to do each day?
3. What wakes him the next morning?
4. What are the first steps in making a canoe in Mafatu's culture?
5. What does Mafatu find in the clearing?
6. How does Mafatu realize there are humans nearby?
7. What does Mafatu do when his canoe is complete?
8. What does Mafatu do when he sees the whale?
9. What will happen if he could kill the pig?
10. What does Mafatu spot at the sacred platform? Why does he need it?
This section contains 1,054 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)