|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mafatu build up a large fire?
(a) To burn his trash.
(b) So that he can heat some stones.
(c) So others will see him.
(d) He is cold.
2. What does Mafatu spot as he and Uri head toward the reef on the raft?
(b) A man.
(c) The dorsal fin of the shark poking through the water.
3. Why is Mafatu not ready to find food?
(a) He is afraid of the island.
(b) He does not know where to look for food.
(c) He is not yet strong enough to climb one of the many coconut trees on the island.
(d) He does not know how to catch food.
4. Why is he starting to think that perhaps his ending up on this spot was a cruel joke on the part of Moana, the Sea God?
(a) He will not be able to find shelter.
(b) Moana will not allow him food.
(c) Moana wants him back in the sea.
(d) Perhaps Moana was upset for having been cheated.
5. What does the boy plan to wait until the next day to do?
(a) Think about his father.
(b) Look for cannibals.
(c) Continue the process.
(d) Hunt for food.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the pyramid topped by a massive figure?
2. How does he feel after the climb to the lookout?
3. How does he feel after building a fire?
4. What has rooted Mafatu to the ground?
5. What have been recently burned?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Mafatu and Uri are on the raft?
2. What are the first steps in making a canoe in Mafatu's culture?
3. What does Mafatu do when his canoe is complete?
4. What does Mafatu find in the clearing?
5. What does Mafatu resolve to do each day?
6. To what thoughts does the sighting of the wild boar lead?
7. How does Mafatu realize there are humans nearby?
8. What has Mafatu done by saving his dog?
9. What is his victory?
10. Why does Mafatu decide not to go to his lookout?
This section contains 1,091 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)