|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mafatu do to the shark?
(a) He pushes on his gills.
(b) He stabs him in the belly.
(c) He grabs him.
(d) He taunts him.
2. About what is Mafatu unsure?
(a) What food is safe to eat.
(b) Where his friends have gone.
(c) How to hunt.
(d) Which island he is on.
3. How does Mafatu fell a tree?
(a) By climbing up it and leaning to the side.
(b) With an axe.
(c) By tying a rope to it and pulling on it.
(d) By burning the base of the tree.
4. What does the boy plan to wait until the next day to do?
(a) Hunt for food.
(b) Look for cannibals.
(c) Continue the process.
(d) Think about his father.
5. He has the skill and resources to build a net but cannot get out to the "distant reef" to cast the net without his canoe. What does this do to him?
(a) It irritates him.
(b) It further complicates the situation.
(c) It makes him excited about the challenge.
(d) It worries him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are fish hooks made from bone, coconut-shell bowls, an extra clothing garment made waterproof for wet weather, and a coil of sennit found?
2. The next day, what does Mafatu begin to rebuild?
3. What happens when Mafatu tries to catch his friend?
4. What does Mafatu sees after he slides down the lava slide?
5. What does he soon do?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)