|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mafatu build up a large fire?
(a) He is cold.
(b) To burn his trash.
(c) So that he can heat some stones.
(d) So others will see him.
2. As he is looking at another island, what is he astonished to see?
(a) Smoke rising from the trees.
(b) Canoes in the distance.
(c) Kivi flying in the sky.
(d) A storm brewing.
3. What does Mafatu begin fashioning?
(a) Weapons and other useful items.
(b) A canoe.
(c) A lean-to.
(d) A spit.
4. How does he feel as he heads out to the reef?
(a) Secretly hoping he does not encounter the shark.
(d) Hoping he can stab the shark.
5. What symbolizes the courage it took to approach the sacred idol and seize what he needed?
(a) The clearing.
(b) The spearhead.
(c) The banana tree.
(d) The vines.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does he notice as he begins ripping leaves from a banana tree?
2. What happens when Mafatu tries to catch his friend?
3. How has Majatu conquered another fear when saving his dog?
4. What does Mafatu discover lying on the beach?
5. How does he fashion a fish trap?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)