|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. He has the skill and resources to build a net but cannot get out to the "distant reef" to cast the net without his canoe. What does this do to him?
(a) It worries him.
(b) It makes him excited about the challenge.
(c) It further complicates the situation.
(d) It irritates him.
2. How does he fashion a fish trap?
(a) From a piece of trash.
(b) From a log.
(c) From bamboo.
(d) From a shell.
3. How does he feel after the climb to the lookout?
(c) His injured leg hurts.
4. About what is Mafatu unsure?
(a) What food is safe to eat.
(b) Which island he is on.
(c) How to hunt.
(d) Where his friends have gone.
5. What does he soon do?
(a) Climb to the top of a tree.
(b) Climb to the top of the ladder.
(c) Reaches the summit of the hill.
(d) Finds fresh water.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does he make out of coconut-tree fronds?
2. What happens when a large wave tips the raft at a severe angle?
3. What does he think about the skills he had acquired back home?
4. What does he notice as he begins ripping leaves from a banana tree?
5. What does he want from his town and his father?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)