|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To where does he head?
(a) Back to the beach where he had landed earlier that day.
(b) To his canoe.
(c) To the other side of the island. Back to the idol.
(d) To the banana tree.
2. What has always scared him away when he went out to the reef to set his traps?
(a) The hammerhead shark.
(b) The fish.
(c) The murky water.
(d) The current.
3. How does he feel after building a fire?
(c) Content and worn out from the effort.
4. What frightens Mafatu?
(a) The current.
(b) The dark water.
(c) To see the shark heading right for his dog.
(d) The waves.
5. What is a moto tabu?
(a) A type of food.
(b) A prayer.
(c) His favorite phrase.
(d) A Forbidden Island.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does he feel as he heads out to the reef?
2. What does he wonder about this island?
3. What does Mafatu begin fashioning?
4. What has rooted Mafatu to the ground?
5. How does Mafatu fall asleep?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mafatu spot at the sacred platform? Why does he need it?
2. How does Mafatu push away thoughts of home and his father?
3. How does Mafatu act like a child?
4. What is his victory?
5. To what thoughts does the sighting of the wild boar lead?
6. Why does Mafatu decide not to go to his lookout?
7. What happens when Mafatu and Uri are on the raft?
8. What does Mafatu find in the clearing?
9. How does Mafatu react when the water becomes turbulent? Why does he react this way?
10. How does Mafatu realize there are humans nearby?
This section contains 1,043 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)