|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the tree fall to the ground?
(a) When it yields to Mafatu pulling on the rope.
(b) When a strong wind blows.
(c) When the fire has burned through the trunk.
(d) When it yields to his weight.
2. How does he move toward the idol?
(a) He inches toward it.
(b) He glides toward it.
(c) He circles it.
(d) He runs toward it.
3. What frightens Mafatu?
(a) The current.
(b) The waves.
(c) The dark water.
(d) To see the shark heading right for his dog.
4. What does Mafatu use to cauterize the wound on his leg?
(a) Wild limes.
5. As he is looking at another island, what is he astonished to see?
(a) A storm brewing.
(b) Smoke rising from the trees.
(c) Kivi flying in the sky.
(d) Canoes in the distance.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mafatu feel about the eaten fish?
2. What does he want from his town and his father?
3. Why did he initially think that Maui had led him to this island?
4. What does he soon do?
5. Who used to slide down a lava slide in banana leaves?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mafatu do when his canoe is complete?
2. To what thoughts does the sighting of the wild boar lead?
3. What does Mafatu do when he sees the whale?
4. What does Mafatu resolve to do each day?
5. What does Mafatu remember and believe when he wakes up the next morning?
6. Why does Mafatu go after his knife?
7. What will happen if he could kill the pig?
8. How does Mafatu prepare the pig?
9. What has Mafatu done by saving his dog?
10. How does Mafatu go about making a raft? Why is the raft important?
This section contains 899 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)