|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mafatu feel about the eaten fish?
(a) Upset with Kivi.
(b) Furious at his hours of work gone down the drain.
(c) Slightly irritated.
(d) Glad that Uri had finally eaten.
2. How has Majatu conquered another fear when saving his dog?
(a) He used a knife.
(b) He killed the shark.
(c) He used a net.
(d) He jumped in the water.
3. How does he fashion a fish trap?
(a) From a shell.
(b) From a log.
(c) From bamboo.
(d) From a piece of trash.
4. He has the skill and resources to build a net but cannot get out to the "distant reef" to cast the net without his canoe. What does this do to him?
(a) It irritates him.
(b) It worries him.
(c) It makes him excited about the challenge.
(d) It further complicates the situation.
5. What does Mafatu sees after he slides down the lava slide?
(a) Fresh water.
(b) A whale in the water.
(c) A manmade path leading through the jungle.
(d) A school of fish.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mafatu begin to take care of?
2. Where are fish hooks made from bone, coconut-shell bowls, an extra clothing garment made waterproof for wet weather, and a coil of sennit found?
3. What have been recently burned?
4. When does Mafatu climb up into the branches of the tree?
5. As he is looking at another island, what is he astonished to see?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has Mafatu done by saving his dog?
2. How does Mafatu act like a child?
3. What wakes him the next morning?
4. What does Mafatu make for dinner?
5. What does Mafatu do when he sees the whale?
6. What does the spearhead symbolize?
7. What does Mafatu spot at the sacred platform? Why does he need it?
8. What does Mafatu resolve to do each day?
9. Why does Mafatu become frightened?
10. Why does Mafatu go after his knife?
This section contains 904 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)