|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does he feel when he moves a bone?
2. What does Mafatu begin fashioning?
(a) Weapons and other useful items.
(b) A lean-to.
(c) A spit.
(d) A canoe.
3. What does Mafatu decide to explore?
(a) The sea.
(b) His side of the island.
(c) The other side of this island.
(d) The beach.
4. What does Mafatu spot as he and Uri head toward the reef on the raft?
(b) A man.
(d) The dorsal fin of the shark poking through the water.
5. How does he fashion a fish trap?
(a) From a piece of trash.
(b) From bamboo.
(c) From a shell.
(d) From a log.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Mafatu drag the bones down the beach?
2. When does the tree fall to the ground?
3. How does he feel now that his knife is finished?
4. How does Mafatu feel when the construction of a new canoe is complete?
5. What symbolizes the courage it took to approach the sacred idol and seize what he needed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is his victory?
2. What has Mafatu done by saving his dog?
3. What does Mafatu find in the clearing?
4. Why does Mafatu go after his knife?
5. What does Mafatu do when his canoe is complete?
6. What are the first steps in making a canoe in Mafatu's culture?
7. What does the spearhead symbolize?
8. How does Mafatu prepare the pig?
9. How does Mafatu realize there are humans nearby?
10. What will happen if he could kill the pig?
This section contains 959 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)