|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. He has the skill and resources to build a net but cannot get out to the "distant reef" to cast the net without his canoe. What does this do to him?
(a) It irritates him.
(b) It makes him excited about the challenge.
(c) It worries him.
(d) It further complicates the situation.
2. How does he feel when he moves a bone?
3. How does he fashion a fish trap?
(a) From bamboo.
(b) From a shell.
(c) From a piece of trash.
(d) From a log.
4. What has always scared him away when he went out to the reef to set his traps?
(a) The fish.
(b) The current.
(c) The murky water.
(d) The hammerhead shark.
5. What startles Mafatu?
(a) Uri's barking.
(b) A drumming sound.
(c) Kivi's call.
(d) A wild boar crashing through the bushes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mafatu decide not to go to his lookout to check for the arrival of the eaters-of-men?
2. What is the pyramid topped by a massive figure?
3. Who does he praise for bringing him safely to this island and for giving him courage?
4. What does Mafatu spot as he and Uri head toward the reef on the raft?
5. What does the boy plan to wait until the next day to do?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)