|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mafatu's reaction when the water begins to get turbulent?
(a) He looks for sharks.
(b) He looks for Uri.
(c) He becomes frightened.
(d) He is not scared anymore.
2. What does Mafatu sees after he slides down the lava slide?
(a) Fresh water.
(b) A manmade path leading through the jungle.
(c) A whale in the water.
(d) A school of fish.
3. He has faced a fear and come out unharmed. What is this?
(a) A shock.
(b) A surpise.
(c) A gift.
(d) It is a victory.
4. What does he begin to think about killing?
(a) Sea urchins.
(b) The pig.
(d) The cannibals.
5. Who helps Mafatu drag the bones down the beach?
Short Answer Questions
1. What can he use to make a raft?
2. What does he notice as he begins ripping leaves from a banana tree?
3. How does Mafatu feel when the construction of a new canoe is complete?
4. What happens when Mafatu tries to catch his friend?
5. About what is Mafatu unsure?
Short Essay Questions
1. What will happen if he could kill the pig?
2. What are the first steps in making a canoe in Mafatu's culture?
3. Why does Mafatu become frightened?
4. Why does Mafatu go after his knife?
5. How does Mafatu realize there are humans nearby?
6. What wakes him the next morning?
7. How does Mafatu react when the water becomes turbulent? Why does he react this way?
8. What has Mafatu done by saving his dog?
9. What does Mafatu spot at the sacred platform? Why does he need it?
10. To what thoughts does the sighting of the wild boar lead?
This section contains 977 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)