|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can Mafatu stand up?
(a) There is sand beneath his feet.
(b) Maui is holding his hand.
(c) His mother's spirit stands him up.
(d) Uri helps him.
2. What happens eventually and gradually?
(a) The sun sets.
(b) The storm picks up.
(c) The storm lets up.
(d) Mafatu becomes more nervous.
3. What is coming their way?
(a) A tidal wave.
(b) A group of warriors.
(c) His father.
(d) A storm.
4. What has happened when Mafatu attempts to overcome his fear?
(a) He is only successful for a little while.
(b) He does not have the skills to overcome his fear.
(c) Everyone laughs at him.
(d) He is overcome by the power of the sea to intimidate him.
5. What danger do they survive?
(d) The sharks circling around them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mafatu afraid will disappear, if he takes his eyes off of it?
2. Why does Mafatu's mother take him out to the barrier reef?
3. Years later, what is Mafatu left wondering?
4. Against what do the fishermen warn her?
5. Soon, what comes?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Chapter 2 end?
2. What happens to Mafatu and his companions during the second major storm?
3. What does Mafatu resolve to do this year?
4. What happens during the first major storm?
5. How does Mafatu struggle through the day?
6. What happens after Mafatu is thrown from the canoe?
7. What role does Kivi play in Mafatu's plans?
8. What does Mafatu think about his father?
9. What is Mafatu left wondering years later?
10. How does Mafatu feel when he sees land in the distance?
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)