|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What danger do they survive?
(b) The sharks circling around them.
2. Against what do the fishermen warn her?
(a) Staying out in the water.
(b) Fishing too close to the reef.
(c) Fishing at night.
(d) Catching sea urchins.
3. To whom does Mafatu pray?
(b) Maui, Goddess of the Fisherman.
(c) Moana, the Sea God.
(d) His mother.
4. What does Mafatu's mother decide to do?
(a) Send Mafatu with the other men.
(b) Join the other canoes.
(c) Find a new fishing spot.
(d) Brave the elements.
5. What happens eventually and gradually?
(a) The sun sets.
(b) The storm picks up.
(c) The storm lets up.
(d) Mafatu becomes more nervous.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mafatu afraid will disappear, if he takes his eyes off of it?
2. What is it time for the boys to do?
3. What does Mafatu discover when he surveys the situation?
4. Who does Mafatu begin to follow?
5. With what is Mafatu suddenly filled?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Mafatu head?
2. What role does Kivi play in Mafatu's plans?
3. What happens after Mafatu is thrown from the canoe?
4. What does Mafatu realize after the storm has passed?
5. What happens after the storm? To what does Mafatu awaken?
6. For what are the boys preparing?
7. What does Mafatu think about his father?
8. What has happened when Mafatu has attempted to overcome his fear?
9. What happens to Mafatu and his companions during the second major storm?
10. How does Mafatu and his mother end up in danger?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)