|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mafatu realize when he is shocked into full awareness by the cold water?
(a) How far away from home he is.
(b) He has hit his head.
(c) He cannot find his dog.
(d) He is drowning.
2. What does Mafatu's mother decide to do?
(a) Send Mafatu with the other men.
(b) Join the other canoes.
(c) Brave the elements.
(d) Find a new fishing spot.
3. Soon, what comes?
(b) Another storm.
(c) His father.
(d) Another night.
4. What does the current do to their canoe?
(a) It pushes it towards the other canoes.
(b) It takes hold of it.
(c) It spins it around.
(d) It goes around it.
5. Where has a current formed?
(a) On the other side of the reef.
(b) Around her canoe.
(c) By the other canoes.
(d) By the shoulder of the reef passage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Mafatu resolved to do this year?
2. What wakes Mafatu at midnight?
3. What does Mafatu wonder about his father, Tavana Nui?
4. What is it time for the boys to do?
5. What danger do they survive?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mafatu feel when he sees land in the distance?
2. What has resulted because of Mafatu's fear?
3. What happens after Mafatu and his mother are washed ashore?
4. How does Chapter 2 end?
5. How does Mafatu and his mother end up in danger?
6. What happens after Mafatu is thrown from the canoe?
7. How is Mafatu treated?
8. What has happened when Mafatu has attempted to overcome his fear?
9. What is Mafatu left wondering years later?
10. What is Mafatu's most significant shame?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)