|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mafatu forget about being hungry and thirsty?
(a) His father's canoe is behind him.
(b) The sight of land spurring him onward.
(c) He sees his goddess.
(d) Uri has fallen in the water.
2. How does Mafatu feel about the sea?
3. The situation becomes very reminiscent of what?
(a) Hurrican weather.
(c) The storms in his dreams.
(d) The tragic day when Mafatu's mother died.
4. Who might his father think had taken his son?
(a) Maui, the Goddess of Fishermen.
(b) Moana, the Sea God.
(c) His mother's spirit.
5. Who treats Mafatu poorly?
(a) The other children.
(b) His step-mother.
(c) His father and the other children in the village.
(d) His teachers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mafatu begin to follow?
2. What does Mafatu do by the shoreline?
3. How does Mafatu feel?
4. What happens as the current gets quicker?
5. What happens just as suddenly?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Chapter 2 end?
2. What happens to Mafatu and his companions during the second major storm?
3. What has resulted because of Mafatu's fear?
4. What happens during the first major storm?
5. What does Mafatu describe at the beginning of the chapter?
6. What happens after Mafatu is thrown from the canoe?
7. What improves his mood?
8. What is Mafatu left wondering years later?
9. How does Mafatu and his mother end up in danger?
10. What does Mafatu realize after the storm has passed?
This section contains 864 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)