|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mafatu decide to do this?
(a) To get away from those who tease him.
(b) In order to have a better relationship with his father.
(c) In order to prove his worth as a fisherman.
(d) To be more helpful.
2. What danger do they survive?
(c) The sharks circling around them.
3. Why does Mafatu forget about being hungry and thirsty?
(a) The sight of land spurring him onward.
(b) His father's canoe is behind him.
(c) Uri has fallen in the water.
(d) He sees his goddess.
4. What would cause Mafatu to lose his spear or line?
(a) Bad memories would take over his hands.
(b) The rough seas.
(c) Other children.
(d) A large fish.
5. What is it time for the boys to do?
(a) Say a prayer.
(b) Eat a meal.
(c) Prepare for fishing.
(d) Go to bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Soon, what comes?
2. The next day shows what?
3. What does the sky cast upon the tiny canoe?
4. Into what does he throw "half a dozen green drinking nuts and his fish spear?"
5. What has Mafatu resolved to do this year?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has happened when Mafatu has attempted to overcome his fear?
2. How does Mafatu feel when he sees land in the distance?
3. How does Mafatu struggle through the day?
4. What does Mafatu resolve to do this year?
5. What is Mafatu's most significant shame?
6. Where does Mafatu head?
7. How is Mafatu treated?
8. For what are the boys preparing?
9. What happens after Mafatu and his mother are washed ashore?
10. What does Mafatu realize that causes him to be gripped by terror? How does he react?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)