Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What wakes Mafatu at midnight?
(a) A great thunderous noise.
(b) Kivi's call.
(c) Uri's wimpering.
2. What is coming their way?
(a) A storm.
(b) A tidal wave.
(c) His father.
(d) A group of warriors.
3. Suddenly, what does the bird do?
(a) He flies away.
(b) Catches a fish.
(c) Flies overhead.
(d) Flies to him.
4. Who might his father think had taken his son?
(a) Moana, the Sea God.
(c) Maui, the Goddess of Fishermen.
(d) His mother's spirit.
5. What does the sky cast upon the tiny canoe?
(b) Thunder and lightning.
(d) A shadow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens eventually and gradually?
2. When morning comes, who is with Mafatu?
3. What is Mafatu afraid will disappear, if he takes his eyes off of it?
4. How long do they stay in the sea?
5. How does Mafatu feel about his inability to conquer his fears?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mafatu describe at the beginning of the chapter?
2. What happens that foreshadows a larger storm?
3. What does Mafatu resolve to do each day?
4. Why does Mafatu become frightened?
5. What has Mafatu done by saving his dog?
6. How is Mafatu treated?
7. What will happen if he could kill the pig?
8. How does Mafatu and his mother end up in danger?
9. What does the spearhead symbolize?
10. How does Mafatu get his canoe in the water, away from the warriors?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)