|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mafatu feel?
2. What does the boy do when he flings himself onto the floor of the canoe?
(a) He cuts his arm.
(b) He screams.
(c) He buries his face in his arms, crying.
(d) He hugs Uri.
3. What is coming their way?
(a) His father.
(b) A tidal wave.
(c) A storm.
(d) A group of warriors.
4. Who is the only person who has ever been nice to the outcast boy?
(a) His goddess.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
5. What happens eventually and gradually?
(a) The storm picks up.
(b) The storm lets up.
(c) Mafatu becomes more nervous.
(d) The sun sets.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who treats Mafatu poorly?
2. What happens just as suddenly?
3. What is Mafatu soon amazed to see?
4. For what does Mafatu search?
5. How does Mafatu's mother respond to the fishermen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens during the first major storm?
2. How does Chapter 2 end?
3. What happens after the storm? To what does Mafatu awaken?
4. What does Mafatu realize that causes him to be gripped by terror? How does he react?
5. Where does Mafatu head?
6. What happens that foreshadows a larger storm?
7. How does Mafatu struggle through the day?
8. What is Mafatu left wondering years later?
9. What happens after Mafatu and his mother are washed ashore?
10. How does Mafatu and his mother end up in danger?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)