|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mafatu discover lying on the beach?
(a) A man.
(b) A raft.
(c) The skeleton of a whale.
(d) A shark.
2. How does he feel after the climb to the lookout?
(c) His injured leg hurts.
3. How does Mafatu feel about the eaten fish?
(a) Furious at his hours of work gone down the drain.
(b) Slightly irritated.
(c) Upset with Kivi.
(d) Glad that Uri had finally eaten.
4. What is he able to make?
(a) Nets, knives, sharkline and fishhooks.
(b) A flying machine.
(c) A hammock.
(d) A gun.
5. What does Mafatu begin fashioning?
(a) A spit.
(b) A canoe.
(c) Weapons and other useful items.
(d) A lean-to.
6. How does he feel when he moves a bone?
7. To where does he head?
(a) To his canoe.
(b) Back to the beach where he had landed earlier that day.
(c) To the other side of the island. Back to the idol.
(d) To the banana tree.
8. About what is Mafatu unsure?
(a) How to hunt.
(b) Which island he is on.
(c) Where his friends have gone.
(d) What food is safe to eat.
9. What does he notice as he begins ripping leaves from a banana tree?
(a) Smoke from another island.
(b) The fruit is missing.
(c) The fruit has been cut cleanly from the branch with a knife.
(d) The fruit is moldy.
10. What would he never again be called?
(b) His father's son.
(c) A member of his tribe.
(d) An unskilled boy.
11. What does he use to pull himself up the slope?
(a) The hanging vines.
(c) A tree.
(d) A ladder.
12. Who helps Mafatu drag the bones down the beach?
13. What does Mafatu wake up the next morning and remember?
(a) That Kivi never returned.
(b) The crazy events that led him to the beach on which he now lays.
(c) How his mother died.
(d) That Uri was injured.
14. What does Mafatu decide to explore?
(a) His side of the island.
(b) The beach.
(c) The sea.
(d) The other side of this island.
15. What does he think about the skills he had acquired back home?
(a) They are a waste.
(b) They are proving useful now.
(c) They help a little.
(d) They need to be improved.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the following days find Mafatu?
2. What startles Mafatu?
3. How has Majatu conquered another fear when saving his dog?
4. What has happened when he had taken an item from a sacred place?
5. As he is looking at another island, what is he astonished to see?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)