Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mafatu do to the shark?
(a) He pushes on his gills.
(b) He stabs him in the belly.
(c) He grabs him.
(d) He taunts him.
2. About what is Mafatu unsure?
(a) What food is safe to eat.
(b) Where his friends have gone.
(c) How to hunt.
(d) Which island he is on.
3. How does Mafatu fell a tree?
(a) By climbing up it and leaning to the side.
(b) With an axe.
(c) By tying a rope to it and pulling on it.
(d) By burning the base of the tree.
4. What does the boy plan to wait until the next day to do?
(a) Hunt for food.
(b) Look for cannibals.
(c) Continue the process.
(d) Think about his father.
5. He has the skill and resources to build a net but cannot get out to the "distant reef" to cast the net without his canoe. What does this do to him?
(a) It irritates him.
(b) It further complicates the situation.
(c) It makes him excited about the challenge.
(d) It worries him.
6. Where are fish hooks made from bone, coconut-shell bowls, an extra clothing garment made waterproof for wet weather, and a coil of sennit found?
(a) Inside the house.
(b) Inside a bag.
(c) In a hollow tree.
(d) On the beach.
7. The next day, what does Mafatu begin to rebuild?
(a) His friendships.
(b) His canoe.
(c) His life.
(d) His shelter.
8. What happens when Mafatu tries to catch his friend?
(a) He drops him.
(b) He falls in too.
(c) He is too late.
(d) He makes a net.
9. What does Mafatu sees after he slides down the lava slide?
(a) Fresh water.
(b) A manmade path leading through the jungle.
(c) A school of fish.
(d) A whale in the water.
10. What does he soon do?
(a) Climb to the top of a tree.
(b) Finds fresh water.
(c) Climb to the top of the ladder.
(d) Reaches the summit of the hill.
11. How does Mafatu feel when the construction of a new canoe is complete?
(a) Worn out.
(d) Excited to drop the craft in the water.
12. How does he fashion a fish trap?
(a) From a piece of trash.
(b) From a shell.
(c) From bamboo.
(d) From a log.
13. What does he make out of coconut-tree fronds?
(a) A plate.
(c) A blanket.
(d) A lean-to.
14. What is a moto tabu?
(a) A Forbidden Island.
(b) A type of food.
(c) A prayer.
(d) His favorite phrase.
15. Why is Mafatu not ready to find food?
(a) He does not know how to catch food.
(b) He is not yet strong enough to climb one of the many coconut trees on the island.
(c) He is afraid of the island.
(d) He does not know where to look for food.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has rooted Mafatu to the ground?
2. What can he use to make a raft?
3. Why does Mafatu build up a large fire?
4. What does Mafatu wake up the next morning and remember?
5. What symbolizes the courage it took to approach the sacred idol and seize what he needed?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)