|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. He has faced a fear and come out unharmed. What is this?
(a) It is a victory.
(b) A gift.
(c) A surpise.
(d) A shock.
2. What does Mafatu do to the shark?
(a) He taunts him.
(b) He stabs him in the belly.
(c) He pushes on his gills.
(d) He grabs him.
3. How does he feel after the climb to the lookout?
(c) His injured leg hurts.
4. How does Mafatu feel about the eaten fish?
(a) Glad that Uri had finally eaten.
(b) Upset with Kivi.
(c) Furious at his hours of work gone down the drain.
(d) Slightly irritated.
5. What does he wonder about this island?
(a) If there are animals on this island.
(b) Where he should build his home.
(c) If this is where they offered their sacrifices.
(d) If he will ever escape it.
6. How does he move toward the idol?
(a) He glides toward it.
(b) He runs toward it.
(c) He inches toward it.
(d) He circles it.
7. What does Mafatu use to cauterize the wound on his leg?
(b) Wild limes.
8. What does Mafatu spot as he and Uri head toward the reef on the raft?
(c) A man.
(d) The dorsal fin of the shark poking through the water.
9. What does he want from his town and his father?
(a) A job.
(c) To find him.
(d) To be left alone.
10. What does Mafatu sees after he slides down the lava slide?
(a) A whale in the water.
(b) A school of fish.
(c) Fresh water.
(d) A manmade path leading through the jungle.
11. What does he think about the skills he had acquired back home?
(a) They are proving useful now.
(b) They help a little.
(c) They are a waste.
(d) They need to be improved.
12. What is the pyramid topped by a massive figure?
(a) A Sacred Place.
(b) A school.
(c) A shelter.
(d) A dwelling.
13. What does the boy plan to wait until the next day to do?
(a) Think about his father.
(b) Look for cannibals.
(c) Hunt for food.
(d) Continue the process.
14. To where does he head?
(a) To the banana tree.
(b) Back to the beach where he had landed earlier that day.
(c) To the other side of the island. Back to the idol.
(d) To his canoe.
15. What symbolizes the courage it took to approach the sacred idol and seize what he needed?
(a) The banana tree.
(b) The clearing.
(c) The spearhead.
(d) The vines.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Mafatu tries to catch his friend?
2. What have been recently burned?
3. What is he able to make?
4. Why is he starting to think that perhaps his ending up on this spot was a cruel joke on the part of Moana, the Sea God?
5. Who does he praise for bringing him safely to this island and for giving him courage?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)