|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What symbolizes the courage it took to approach the sacred idol and seize what he needed?
(a) The clearing.
(b) The banana tree.
(c) The vines.
(d) The spearhead.
2. He hated doing these tasks back in Hikueru. How does he feel now?
(a) He still hates them.
(b) He is grateful for the skills now.
(c) He wishes he had practiced them more at home.
(d) He wishes he were better at them.
3. Who helps Mafatu drag the bones down the beach?
4. What is the pyramid topped by a massive figure?
(a) A shelter.
(b) A school.
(c) A Sacred Place.
(d) A dwelling.
5. What does Mafatu spot as he and Uri head toward the reef on the raft?
(c) The dorsal fin of the shark poking through the water.
(d) A man.
6. How does Mafatu feel when the construction of a new canoe is complete?
(b) Excited to drop the craft in the water.
(c) Worn out.
7. How do the following days find Mafatu?
(a) More worried.
(b) Busy all the time.
8. What swallows the fish Mafatu has caught?
(a) A wave.
(b) The shark.
9. How has Majatu conquered another fear when saving his dog?
(a) He used a net.
(b) He killed the shark.
(c) He used a knife.
(d) He jumped in the water.
10. What frightens Mafatu?
(a) The dark water.
(b) The waves.
(c) The current.
(d) To see the shark heading right for his dog.
11. What does Mafatu begin fashioning?
(a) Weapons and other useful items.
(b) A canoe.
(c) A lean-to.
(d) A spit.
12. What is a moto tabu?
(a) His favorite phrase.
(b) A type of food.
(c) A prayer.
(d) A Forbidden Island.
13. To where does he head?
(a) To his canoe.
(b) To the other side of the island. Back to the idol.
(c) To the banana tree.
(d) Back to the beach where he had landed earlier that day.
14. How does he feel when he moves a bone?
15. Why is he starting to think that perhaps his ending up on this spot was a cruel joke on the part of Moana, the Sea God?
(a) Perhaps Moana was upset for having been cheated.
(b) He will not be able to find shelter.
(c) Moana will not allow him food.
(d) Moana wants him back in the sea.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does he praise for bringing him safely to this island and for giving him courage?
2. What have been recently burned?
3. What does the boy plan to wait until the next day to do?
4. What does Mafatu use to cauterize the wound on his leg?
5. Where are fish hooks made from bone, coconut-shell bowls, an extra clothing garment made waterproof for wet weather, and a coil of sennit found?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)