1. What does Mafatu recall for the reader?
A life-changing event that happened to him early in his childhood.
2. How does Mafatu feel about the sea?
3. Why does Mafatu's mother take him out to the barrier reef?
To look for sea urchins.
4. What is coming their way?
5. What do the other fishermen do after turning their canoes around?
They head for the safety of dry land.
6. What does Mafatu's mother decide to do?
Brave the elements.
This section contains 4,387 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)