|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 Homeward.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mafatu's mother decide to do?
(a) Join the other canoes.
(b) Send Mafatu with the other men.
(c) Find a new fishing spot.
(d) Brave the elements.
2. What does he use to pull himself up the slope?
(a) The hanging vines.
(b) A ladder.
(d) A tree.
3. The situation becomes very reminiscent of what?
(a) The storms in his dreams.
(b) Hurrican weather.
(c) The tragic day when Mafatu's mother died.
4. What happens as Mafatu begins to fall?
(a) Tavana Nui catches his boy in his arms.
(b) Everyone gasps.
(c) The people move away from him.
(d) He catches himself.
5. What happens as Mafatu's canoe slips through the passage in the barrier-reef?
(a) It sinks.
(b) A crowd assembles on the beach.
(c) It begins to sail smoothly.
(d) It hits a rock.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mafatu decide not to go to his lookout to check for the arrival of the eaters-of-men?
2. What is the pyramid topped by a massive figure?
3. What does Mafatu begin fashioning?
4. Who helps Mafatu drag the bones down the beach?
5. What is Mafatu amazed and relieved to discover?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)