|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 Homeward.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. He hated doing these tasks back in Hikueru. How does he feel now?
(a) He wishes he were better at them.
(b) He still hates them.
(c) He is grateful for the skills now.
(d) He wishes he had practiced them more at home.
2. To where does he head?
(a) To the other side of the island. Back to the idol.
(b) To the banana tree.
(c) Back to the beach where he had landed earlier that day.
(d) To his canoe.
3. What does he wonder about this island?
(a) If there are animals on this island.
(b) Where he should build his home.
(c) If this is where they offered their sacrifices.
(d) If he will ever escape it.
4. How do the following days find Mafatu?
(c) Busy all the time.
(d) More worried.
5. Why does Mafatu build up a large fire?
(a) So others will see him.
(b) He is cold.
(c) To burn his trash.
(d) So that he can heat some stones.
Short Answer Questions
1. Years later, what is Mafatu left wondering?
2. How do the other fishermen feel about her decision?
3. What does he resolve?
4. Why does the sight of a shark swimming nearby not stop him?
5. What happens as the current gets quicker?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)