|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 Homeward.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. He would be able to return home with a boar's tooth necklace as proof of what?
(a) His bravery and hunting prowess.
(b) He likes to kill.
(c) He is strong.
(d) He killed a boar.
2. What does Mafatu use to guide his path?
(a) The wind.
(b) The stars.
(c) The sun.
(d) The moon.
3. What no longer hangs around his neck?
(a) A symbol of the Sea God.
(b) His knife.
(c) A gift from his father.
(d) His canteen.
4. How does Tavana Nui respond at his son's return home, so full of renewed courage and confidence?
(a) He is overcome with joy.
5. Where are fish hooks made from bone, coconut-shell bowls, an extra clothing garment made waterproof for wet weather, and a coil of sennit found?
(a) Inside the house.
(b) On the beach.
(c) Inside a bag.
(d) In a hollow tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mafatu need to fashion a new canoe?
2. When does Mafatu climb up into the branches of the tree?
3. How does Mafatu react when he finally realizes how truly isolated he is?
4. Why does Mafatu build up a large fire?
5. What does Mafatu use to cauterize the wound on his leg?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)