|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 Homeward.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are pulled up on the beach?
(a) Whales carcasses.
(b) Six war canoes.
(c) Large boats.
(d) Surf boards.
2. Years later, what is Mafatu left wondering?
(a) Why his mother stayed on the sea.
(b) When he will see his mother again.
(c) How he is ever going to become a fisherman.
(d) Where his mother has gone.
3. How does he feel now that his knife is finished?
(b) Not as brave as he had hoped.
4. What does Mafatu no longer have?
5. How long do they stay in the sea?
(a) One week.
(b) Two days.
(c) For a few hours.
(d) For the whole of the night.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what is Mafatu acutely aware?
2. What does Mafatu recall for the reader?
3. What does Mafatu use to keep the little canoe moving swiftly away from the black canoes?
4. What does he wonder about this island?
5. What would cause Mafatu to lose his spear or line?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)