|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 Homeward.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mafatu's mother finally decide to do?
(a) Continue to fish.
(b) Continue looking for sea urchins.
(c) Head back to shore.
(d) Send Mafatu with the other fishermen.
2. What has stopped by the next morning?
(a) The wind.
(b) His fear.
(c) The rain.
(d) The chanting.
3. For what does Mafatu search?
(a) Signs of fish.
(b) Signs of Kivi.
(c) Signs of a storm.
(d) Signs of land.
4. Why does Mafatu forget about being hungry and thirsty?
(a) The sight of land spurring him onward.
(b) Uri has fallen in the water.
(c) He sees his goddess.
(d) His father's canoe is behind him.
5. What gives them relief from the heat?
(b) A cool breeze.
(d) Shade from Kivi.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has rooted Mafatu to the ground?
2. What does Mafatu realize when he is shocked into full awareness by the cold water?
3. What is he able to make?
4. Suddenly, what does the bird do?
5. How does Mafatu feel about the eaten fish?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)