|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 Homeward.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mafatu's mother take him out to the barrier reef?
(a) To look for his father.
(b) To swim through the coral.
(c) To look for sea urchins.
(d) To catch fish.
2. How does Mafatu fall asleep?
(c) Full of his own confidence.
3. What does Mafatu begin fashioning?
(a) A canoe.
(b) Weapons and other useful items.
(c) A spit.
(d) A lean-to.
4. Where are fish hooks made from bone, coconut-shell bowls, an extra clothing garment made waterproof for wet weather, and a coil of sennit found?
(a) Inside a bag.
(b) On the beach.
(c) Inside the house.
(d) In a hollow tree.
5. How do the other fishermen feel about her decision?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mafatu's reaction when the water begins to get turbulent?
2. Why is he starting to think that perhaps his ending up on this spot was a cruel joke on the part of Moana, the Sea God?
3. How does he move toward the idol?
4. What is Mafatu afraid will disappear, if he takes his eyes off of it?
5. What does Mafatu use to keep the little canoe moving swiftly away from the black canoes?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)