|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 Homeward.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is coming their way?
(a) A group of warriors.
(b) His father.
(c) A tidal wave.
(d) A storm.
2. Why does Mafatu decide not to go to his lookout to check for the arrival of the eaters-of-men?
(a) He is afraid.
(b) It wasted too much of his time.
(c) He is too tired.
(d) It is scary.
3. How does Tavana Nui respond at his son's return home, so full of renewed courage and confidence?
(a) He is overcome with joy.
4. How does he feel when he moves a bone?
5. From what does Mafatu drink?
(a) A coconut.
(b) A canteen.
(c) The sea.
(d) One of the green drinking nuts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the boy do when he flings himself onto the floor of the canoe?
2. What happens as Mafatu's canoe slips through the passage in the barrier-reef?
3. How does Mafatu sit?
4. What does Mafatu realize all at once?
5. What danger do they survive?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)