|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 Homeward.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what does Mafatu drink?
(a) A canteen.
(b) The sea.
(c) A coconut.
(d) One of the green drinking nuts.
2. What leads toward the sea and to a large clearing?
(a) Foot prints.
(b) A trail of shells.
(c) A stream.
(d) The trail.
3. How does Mafatu fell a tree?
(a) By burning the base of the tree.
(b) With an axe.
(c) By climbing up it and leaning to the side.
(d) By tying a rope to it and pulling on it.
4. What happens as Mafatu's canoe slips through the passage in the barrier-reef?
(a) It begins to sail smoothly.
(b) It hits a rock.
(c) A crowd assembles on the beach.
(d) It sinks.
5. What makes Mafatu feel all but worthless?
(a) His lack of a mother.
(b) His lack of knowledge about fishing.
(c) The silence and disapproval of his father.
(d) His inability to fight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mafatu amazed and relieved to discover?
2. What symbolizes the courage it took to approach the sacred idol and seize what he needed?
3. Why is Mafatu relegated to the shoreline?
4. What are the only enemies with which Mafatu is now left to contend?
5. Who does Mafatu begin to follow?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)