|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 Homeward.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the only person who has ever been nice to the outcast boy?
(a) His father.
(c) His mother.
(d) His goddess.
2. What does he think about the skills he had acquired back home?
(a) They need to be improved.
(b) They are a waste.
(c) They help a little.
(d) They are proving useful now.
3. What are pulled up on the beach?
(a) Surf boards.
(b) Six war canoes.
(c) Whales carcasses.
(d) Large boats.
4. Why does Mafatu decide not to go to his lookout to check for the arrival of the eaters-of-men?
(a) He is afraid.
(b) He is too tired.
(c) It is scary.
(d) It wasted too much of his time.
5. Suddenly, what does the bird do?
(a) Flies to him.
(b) He flies away.
(c) Catches a fish.
(d) Flies overhead.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Mafatu's mother after raising the coconut to her son's lips?
2. What does Mafatu recall for the reader?
3. How do the hours pass?
4. What is Mafatu's reaction when the water begins to get turbulent?
5. How do the following days find Mafatu?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)