|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 Homeward.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Mafatu's mother after raising the coconut to her son's lips?
(a) She drinks from the coconut.
(b) She loses conciousness.
(c) She dies.
(d) The other fishermen save her.
2. What is Mafatu afraid will disappear, if he takes his eyes off of it?
(a) His father's canoe.
(b) The wedge of land rising out of the sea.
(c) Uri's body.
3. Why does Mafatu decide not to go to his lookout to check for the arrival of the eaters-of-men?
(a) He is afraid.
(b) It wasted too much of his time.
(c) It is scary.
(d) He is too tired.
4. What is Mafatu resolved to do?
(a) Continue doing what he loves.
(b) Tell the boys what he thinks of their work.
(c) Never to return to Hikueru unless he is successful in his pursuit.
(d) Run away.
5. How does he feel when he moves a bone?
Short Answer Questions
1. What can Mafatu hear?
2. Why does Mafatu's father, Tavana Nui, emerge from the crowd?
3. What does Mafatu do to the shark?
4. How does Mafatu fall asleep?
5. How does Mafatu's mother respond to the fishermen?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)