|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 Homeward.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mafatu use to cauterize the wound on his leg?
(c) Wild limes.
2. Towards what is the canoe sailing freely?
(a) The barrier reef.
(b) A large rock.
(c) A large wave.
(d) The open sea.
3. How long do they stay in the sea?
(a) Two days.
(b) For the whole of the night.
(c) One week.
(d) For a few hours.
4. What happens when Mafatu tries to catch his friend?
(a) He falls in too.
(b) He makes a net.
(c) He drops him.
(d) He is too late.
5. What has happened to this legend?
(a) It has changed many times.
(b) It no longer is a part of Polynesian culture.
(c) It lives on in the hearts and traditions of the people of Hikueru today.
(d) It has grown in popularity.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mafatu fell a tree?
2. Why does Mafatu decide to do this?
3. What happens as the current gets quicker?
4. How does Mafatu's mother respond to the fishermen?
5. What is Mafatu soon amazed to see?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)