|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 Homeward.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does he wonder about this island?
(a) Where he should build his home.
(b) If he will ever escape it.
(c) If this is where they offered their sacrifices.
(d) If there are animals on this island.
2. What danger do they survive?
(c) The sharks circling around them.
3. What is coming their way?
(a) A tidal wave.
(b) A storm.
(c) A group of warriors.
(d) His father.
4. Where are fish hooks made from bone, coconut-shell bowls, an extra clothing garment made waterproof for wet weather, and a coil of sennit found?
(a) Inside a bag.
(b) In a hollow tree.
(c) On the beach.
(d) Inside the house.
5. What would he never again be called?
(a) A member of his tribe.
(c) An unskilled boy.
(d) His father's son.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does he do when he sees these warriors?
2. Years later, what is Mafatu left wondering?
3. Who does he praise for bringing him safely to this island and for giving him courage?
4. What does Mafatu begin fashioning?
5. How does Mafatu react when he finally realizes how truly isolated he is?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)