|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 Homeward.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mafatu's experience with the sea tell him?
(a) The sharks are circling him.
(b) There is a storm coming.
(c) There is a school of fish below him.
(d) He can drink the water.
2. Why did he initially think that Maui had led him to this island?
(a) So he would be safe.
(b) So he could practice his hunting skills.
(c) So he could have a home of his own.
(d) So she could speak with him.
3. He would be able to return home with a boar's tooth necklace as proof of what?
(a) He killed a boar.
(b) His bravery and hunting prowess.
(c) He likes to kill.
(d) He is strong.
4. What danger do they survive?
(a) The sharks circling around them.
5. Why is Mafatu not ready to find food?
(a) He is not yet strong enough to climb one of the many coconut trees on the island.
(b) He does not know where to look for food.
(c) He is afraid of the island.
(d) He does not know how to catch food.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who used to slide down a lava slide in banana leaves?
2. What would he never again be called?
3. Why does Mafatu's mother struggle to feed him?
4. Why does Mafatu build up a large fire?
5. What does Mafatu realize all at once?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)