|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 Homeward.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mafatu fell a tree?
(a) By climbing up it and leaning to the side.
(b) By burning the base of the tree.
(c) By tying a rope to it and pulling on it.
(d) With an axe.
2. What is Mafatu's reaction when the water begins to get turbulent?
(a) He looks for Uri.
(b) He looks for sharks.
(c) He becomes frightened.
(d) He is not scared anymore.
3. He hated doing these tasks back in Hikueru. How does he feel now?
(a) He wishes he were better at them.
(b) He is grateful for the skills now.
(c) He wishes he had practiced them more at home.
(d) He still hates them.
4. What does he need to make a fishhook?
(a) A rock.
(b) Some bone.
(c) A shell.
5. What eliminates one fear from Mafatu's mind?
(a) The storm season has now passed.
(b) The warriors are gone.
(c) There are fish to eat.
(d) The sun is setting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mafatu sees after he slides down the lava slide?
2. What swallows the fish Mafatu has caught?
3. What would cause Mafatu to lose his spear or line?
4. How does Mafatu react when he finally realizes how truly isolated he is?
5. Why does Mafatu decide not to go to his lookout to check for the arrival of the eaters-of-men?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)