|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 Homeward.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Uri do for Mafatu?
(a) He steers the canoe.
(b) He licks his face.
(c) His thumping tail provides comfort and reassurance.
(d) He catches fish.
2. What does Mafatu do by the shoreline?
(a) He fashions spears, nets, and sharkline for the other young boys to use.
(b) He sits and watches the other men.
(c) He prays to the goddess to help him.
(d) He cries.
3. What are the only enemies with which Mafatu is now left to contend?
(a) The sharks.
(b) The blazing heat and the threat of thirst.
(c) The strong winds.
(d) His fears.
4. What has rooted Mafatu to the ground?
(a) Uri's growl.
(b) A branch.
(c) Quick sand.
5. What does Kivi do after flying overhead?
(a) Lands on the canoe.
(b) Flies home.
(c) Calls to Mafatu.
(d) Turns and flies south, leading the way.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the savages' canoes coming around?
2. How do the following days find Mafatu?
3. How is the eaters-of-men's pursuit?
4. What have been recently burned?
5. What does Mafatu decide to explore?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)