|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 Homeward.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who used to slide down a lava slide in banana leaves?
(a) His mother.
(b) Children in Tahiti.
2. What does Mafatu have to endure?
(a) Blame for his mother's death.
(b) Endless mocking and ridicule.
(c) The ridicule from a step-mother.
(d) Sadness from the loss of his mother.
3. What does Mafatu use to guide his path?
(a) The stars.
(b) The wind.
(c) The sun.
(d) The moon.
4. When does Mafatu climb up into the branches of the tree?
(a) As the tree is falling.
(b) When the fire has almost burned through the trunk of the tree.
(c) After the tree has fallen.
(d) Before he fells the tree.
5. Where are fish hooks made from bone, coconut-shell bowls, an extra clothing garment made waterproof for wet weather, and a coil of sennit found?
(a) In a hollow tree.
(b) Inside a bag.
(c) On the beach.
(d) Inside the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mafatu realize all at once?
2. What can Mafatu hear?
3. What makes Mafatu feel all but worthless?
4. What does Mafatu notice about the sound of his chasers?
5. How does he feel after building a fire?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)