|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 Homeward.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can Mafatu stand up?
(a) Uri helps him.
(b) There is sand beneath his feet.
(c) Maui is holding his hand.
(d) His mother's spirit stands him up.
2. What does Mafatu wake up the next morning and remember?
(a) That Kivi never returned.
(b) How his mother died.
(c) That Uri was injured.
(d) The crazy events that led him to the beach on which he now lays.
3. How does he fashion a fish trap?
(a) From a log.
(b) From a piece of trash.
(c) From a shell.
(d) From bamboo.
4. What is Mafatu's reaction when the water begins to get turbulent?
(a) He looks for Uri.
(b) He looks for sharks.
(c) He is not scared anymore.
(d) He becomes frightened.
5. What has always scared him away when he went out to the reef to set his traps?
(a) The murky water.
(b) The hammerhead shark.
(c) The fish.
(d) The current.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does he praise for bringing him safely to this island and for giving him courage?
2. What does Mafatu realize when he is shocked into full awareness by the cold water?
3. What makes Mafatu feel all but worthless?
4. What is Mafatu soon amazed to see?
5. How does Mafatu's mother respond to the fishermen?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)