|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 Homeward.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mafatu notice about the sound of his chasers?
(a) It has grown stronger.
(b) It is more fervent.
(c) It has diminished.
(d) It has changed.
2. Years later, what is Mafatu left wondering?
(a) When he will see his mother again.
(b) Why his mother stayed on the sea.
(c) Where his mother has gone.
(d) How he is ever going to become a fisherman.
3. Suddenly, what does the bird do?
(a) Flies to him.
(b) He flies away.
(c) Catches a fish.
(d) Flies overhead.
4. What does Mafatu's mother decide to do?
(a) Find a new fishing spot.
(b) Brave the elements.
(c) Join the other canoes.
(d) Send Mafatu with the other men.
5. Why is Mafatu not ready to find food?
(a) He is afraid of the island.
(b) He is not yet strong enough to climb one of the many coconut trees on the island.
(c) He does not know how to catch food.
(d) He does not know where to look for food.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mafatu feel?
2. What is fighting against him?
3. How are they end up in the churning sea?
4. What would cause Mafatu to lose his spear or line?
5. What has always scared him away when he went out to the reef to set his traps?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)