|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 Homeward.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mafatu resolved to do?
(a) Continue doing what he loves.
(b) Tell the boys what he thinks of their work.
(c) Run away.
(d) Never to return to Hikueru unless he is successful in his pursuit.
2. What has Mafatu resolved to do this year?
(a) Leave home.
(b) Tell his father how he feels.
(c) Learn a new skill.
(d) Shrug off his restraints and face his fear.
3. Why does Mafatu decide to do this?
(a) To be more helpful.
(b) In order to prove his worth as a fisherman.
(c) To get away from those who tease him.
(d) In order to have a better relationship with his father.
4. What does Mafatu now realize about himself?
(a) He is afraid.
(b) He is no longer afraid.
(c) He misses his tribe.
(d) He is wounded.
5. For what does Mafatu search?
(a) Signs of Kivi.
(b) Signs of land.
(c) Signs of a storm.
(d) Signs of fish.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mafatu notice about the sound of his chasers?
2. How does he feel after the climb to the lookout?
3. Who might his father think had taken his son?
4. He has the skill and resources to build a net but cannot get out to the "distant reef" to cast the net without his canoe. What does this do to him?
5. What are the only enemies with which Mafatu is now left to contend?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)