|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 Drums.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mafatu discover when he surveys the situation?
(a) Uri is choking for air, stuck under the bow.
(b) A shark is circling his canoe.
(c) Kivi is calling to him.
(d) Uri is nowhere to be found.
2. As he is looking at another island, what is he astonished to see?
(a) Smoke rising from the trees.
(b) A storm brewing.
(c) Kivi flying in the sky.
(d) Canoes in the distance.
3. What does Mafatu's experience with the sea tell him?
(a) The sharks are circling him.
(b) There is a storm coming.
(c) There is a school of fish below him.
(d) He can drink the water.
4. How does Mafatu fall asleep?
(a) Full of his own confidence.
5. Why is Mafatu relegated to the shoreline?
(a) He is not skilled enough to fish.
(b) His father worries about him.
(c) There are too many fishermen.
(d) He is perceived to be a bringer of bad luck.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has happened when he had taken an item from a sacred place?
2. What danger do they survive?
3. Why does Mafatu wonder how he could be a brave leader?
4. He would be able to return home with a boar's tooth necklace as proof of what?
5. What is Mafatu afraid will disappear, if he takes his eyes off of it?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)