|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 Drums.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a moto tabu?
(a) A prayer.
(b) A type of food.
(c) His favorite phrase.
(d) A Forbidden Island.
2. The next day shows what?
(a) More signs of stormy weather.
(b) An island nearby.
(c) No signs of the previous night's storm.
(d) Fish to catch.
3. What does Mafatu's mother decide to do?
(a) Find a new fishing spot.
(b) Brave the elements.
(c) Send Mafatu with the other men.
(d) Join the other canoes.
4. To where does he head?
(a) Back to the beach where he had landed earlier that day.
(b) To the other side of the island. Back to the idol.
(c) To the banana tree.
(d) To his canoe.
5. He has the skill and resources to build a net but cannot get out to the "distant reef" to cast the net without his canoe. What does this do to him?
(a) It irritates him.
(b) It further complicates the situation.
(c) It makes him excited about the challenge.
(d) It worries him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has rooted Mafatu to the ground?
2. What does Mafatu spot at the sacred spot?
3. What is Mafatu soon amazed to see?
4. The situation becomes very reminiscent of what?
5. Why does Mafatu wonder how he could be a brave leader?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)