|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 Drums.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the tree fall to the ground?
(a) When it yields to his weight.
(b) When a strong wind blows.
(c) When it yields to Mafatu pulling on the rope.
(d) When the fire has burned through the trunk.
2. What does Uri do for Mafatu?
(a) He catches fish.
(b) He steers the canoe.
(c) He licks his face.
(d) His thumping tail provides comfort and reassurance.
3. Why did he initially think that Maui had led him to this island?
(a) So he would be safe.
(b) So she could speak with him.
(c) So he could practice his hunting skills.
(d) So he could have a home of his own.
4. What happens eventually and gradually?
(a) The storm lets up.
(b) The storm picks up.
(c) The sun sets.
(d) Mafatu becomes more nervous.
5. What does Mafatu recall for the reader?
(a) When his father grew a heart.
(b) A life-changing event that happened to him early in his childhood.
(c) How he became a member of the tribe.
(d) A miracle that occurred early in his childhood.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mafatu forget about being hungry and thirsty?
2. What does Mafatu's mother finally decide to do?
3. What is he able to make?
4. How does he feel when he moves a bone?
5. What happens when a large wave tips the raft at a severe angle?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)