|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 Drums.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What have been recently burned?
(a) The trees around the clearing.
(b) Piles of bones.
(c) Piles of wood.
2. Why can Mafatu stand up?
(a) Uri helps him.
(b) His mother's spirit stands him up.
(c) Maui is holding his hand.
(d) There is sand beneath his feet.
3. How does Mafatu's mother respond to the fishermen?
(a) She laughs at them.
(b) She pays them no attention.
(c) She changes her mind and follows them.
(d) She heeds their warning.
4. What has happened when Mafatu attempts to overcome his fear?
(a) Everyone laughs at him.
(b) He is overcome by the power of the sea to intimidate him.
(c) He does not have the skills to overcome his fear.
(d) He is only successful for a little while.
5. Why is Mafatu not ready to find food?
(a) He is afraid of the island.
(b) He does not know how to catch food.
(c) He is not yet strong enough to climb one of the many coconut trees on the island.
(d) He does not know where to look for food.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the other fishermen feel about her decision?
2. Who is the only person who has ever been nice to the outcast boy?
3. Why does Mafatu's mother struggle to feed him?
4. For what does Mafatu search?
5. How do the following days find Mafatu?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)