|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 Drums.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What symbolizes the courage it took to approach the sacred idol and seize what he needed?
(a) The clearing.
(b) The vines.
(c) The banana tree.
(d) The spearhead.
2. What does Kivi do after flying overhead?
(a) Flies home.
(b) Turns and flies south, leading the way.
(c) Calls to Mafatu.
(d) Lands on the canoe.
3. Why does Mafatu's mother take him out to the barrier reef?
(a) To catch fish.
(b) To look for his father.
(c) To look for sea urchins.
(d) To swim through the coral.
4. What does Mafatu's mother finally decide to do?
(a) Continue to fish.
(b) Send Mafatu with the other fishermen.
(c) Continue looking for sea urchins.
(d) Head back to shore.
5. Why is he starting to think that perhaps his ending up on this spot was a cruel joke on the part of Moana, the Sea God?
(a) Moana will not allow him food.
(b) Perhaps Moana was upset for having been cheated.
(c) He will not be able to find shelter.
(d) Moana wants him back in the sea.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mafatu begin fashioning?
2. When does the tree fall to the ground?
3. What has happened when Mafatu attempts to overcome his fear?
4. About what is Mafatu unsure?
5. How does he feel when he moves a bone?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)