|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 Drums.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As he is looking at another island, what is he astonished to see?
(a) Smoke rising from the trees.
(b) Kivi flying in the sky.
(c) Canoes in the distance.
(d) A storm brewing.
2. What frightens Mafatu?
(a) The dark water.
(b) To see the shark heading right for his dog.
(c) The waves.
(d) The current.
3. What is Mafatu amazed and relieved to discover?
(a) The hail lasted only a moment.
(b) No whales were around him.
(c) He has survived.
(d) The storm was not very strong.
4. Why does Mafatu wonder how he could be a brave leader?
(a) If he is not strong enough.
(b) If he is afraid to use weapons.
(c) If he does not know how to fish.
(d) If he is afraid to venture past the water's edge.
5. What happens when Mafatu tries to catch his friend?
(a) He drops him.
(b) He falls in too.
(c) He is too late.
(d) He makes a net.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would cause Mafatu to lose his spear or line?
2. Soon, what comes?
3. What has rooted Mafatu to the ground?
4. Where are fish hooks made from bone, coconut-shell bowls, an extra clothing garment made waterproof for wet weather, and a coil of sennit found?
5. How does Mafatu's mother respond to the fishermen?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)