|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 Drums.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Mafatu climb up into the branches of the tree?
(a) Before he fells the tree.
(b) When the fire has almost burned through the trunk of the tree.
(c) After the tree has fallen.
(d) As the tree is falling.
2. What does he think about again?
(a) How alone he is.
(b) How hungry he is.
(c) The island is dangerous.
(d) The island he had seen with the smoke rising above the trees.
3. What does Mafatu discover lying on the beach?
(a) A shark.
(b) The skeleton of a whale.
(c) A raft.
(d) A man.
4. What wakes Mafatu at midnight?
(b) A great thunderous noise.
(c) Uri's wimpering.
(d) Kivi's call.
5. What happens as the current gets quicker?
(a) The wind begins to pick up.
(b) The canoe moves faster.
(c) Uri falls in the water.
(d) Kivi returns.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the only person who has ever been nice to the outcast boy?
2. What does Mafatu's mother finally decide to do?
3. What frightens Mafatu?
4. Why does Mafatu's mother take him out to the barrier reef?
5. How does Mafatu feel about the eaten fish?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)