|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 Drums.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mafatu feel when the construction of a new canoe is complete?
(c) Worn out.
(d) Excited to drop the craft in the water.
2. What do the other fishermen do after turning their canoes around?
(a) They head for the safety of dry land.
(b) They count their catch.
(c) They slowly head back home.
(d) They find a new place to fish.
3. What does Mafatu recall for the reader?
(a) How he became a member of the tribe.
(b) A life-changing event that happened to him early in his childhood.
(c) When his father grew a heart.
(d) A miracle that occurred early in his childhood.
4. When does Mafatu climb up into the branches of the tree?
(a) Before he fells the tree.
(b) After the tree has fallen.
(c) When the fire has almost burned through the trunk of the tree.
(d) As the tree is falling.
5. Why does Mafatu's mother take him out to the barrier reef?
(a) To look for sea urchins.
(b) To catch fish.
(c) To look for his father.
(d) To swim through the coral.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are they end up in the churning sea?
2. What is Mafatu resolved to do?
3. What does Mafatu now realize about himself?
4. What does Mafatu need to fashion a new canoe?
5. Why did he initially think that Maui had led him to this island?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)