|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 Drums.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who treats Mafatu poorly?
(a) His teachers.
(b) His step-mother.
(c) His father and the other children in the village.
(d) The other children.
2. What is Mafatu soon amazed to see?
(a) More birds.
(b) Fresh water.
(c) Land in the distance.
(d) A cloudless sky.
3. Why is Mafatu relegated to the shoreline?
(a) He is perceived to be a bringer of bad luck.
(b) He is not skilled enough to fish.
(c) There are too many fishermen.
(d) His father worries about him.
4. Where has a current formed?
(a) By the shoulder of the reef passage.
(b) By the other canoes.
(c) Around her canoe.
(d) On the other side of the reef.
5. What do the other fishermen do after turning their canoes around?
(a) They slowly head back home.
(b) They head for the safety of dry land.
(c) They count their catch.
(d) They find a new place to fish.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mafatu spot as he and Uri head toward the reef on the raft?
2. What does he need to make a fishhook?
3. What have been recently burned?
4. How does Mafatu feel about the sea?
5. What does the sky cast upon the tiny canoe?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)