|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 Drums.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mafatu convinced will swallow him up?
(a) The Sea God.
(b) A giant wave starts thundering toward the canoe.
(c) A giant whale.
(d) An underwater cave.
2. Who might his father think had taken his son?
(b) Moana, the Sea God.
(c) His mother's spirit.
(d) Maui, the Goddess of Fishermen.
3. What is a moto tabu?
(a) A type of food.
(b) A prayer.
(c) A Forbidden Island.
(d) His favorite phrase.
4. Why is Mafatu not ready to find food?
(a) He does not know where to look for food.
(b) He does not know how to catch food.
(c) He is afraid of the island.
(d) He is not yet strong enough to climb one of the many coconut trees on the island.
5. He has faced a fear and come out unharmed. What is this?
(a) A shock.
(b) A gift.
(c) It is a victory.
(d) A surpise.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Mafatu resolved to do this year?
2. What does Mafatu wake up the next morning and remember?
3. What does Mafatu recall for the reader?
4. What does the boy plan to wait until the next day to do?
5. How does he feel now that his knife is finished?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)