|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 Drums.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mafatu hear some of the other boys calling his crafty work?
(a) A waste of time.
(c) Woman's work.
2. What does he think about the skills he had acquired back home?
(a) They are proving useful now.
(b) They are a waste.
(c) They help a little.
(d) They need to be improved.
3. What does Mafatu discover when he surveys the situation?
(a) A shark is circling his canoe.
(b) Uri is nowhere to be found.
(c) Kivi is calling to him.
(d) Uri is choking for air, stuck under the bow.
4. Why does the sight of a shark swimming nearby not stop him?
(a) He is driven by a will to live.
(b) He wants to find Uri.
(c) The water is so cold.
(d) He is hungry.
5. Soon, what comes?
(b) His father.
(c) Another storm.
(d) Another night.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mafatu feel about the sea?
2. What does Uri do for Mafatu?
3. What does Mafatu have to endure?
4. How are they end up in the churning sea?
5. What happens when Mafatu tries to catch his friend?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)