|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 Drums.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where has a current formed?
(a) By the other canoes.
(b) On the other side of the reef.
(c) By the shoulder of the reef passage.
(d) Around her canoe.
2. Against what do the fishermen warn her?
(a) Catching sea urchins.
(b) Staying out in the water.
(c) Fishing too close to the reef.
(d) Fishing at night.
3. He has faced a fear and come out unharmed. What is this?
(a) A shock.
(b) A surpise.
(c) It is a victory.
(d) A gift.
4. Why does Mafatu's mother struggle to feed him?
(a) She is full of fear.
(b) She wants the food for herself.
(c) The food is hard to get to.
(d) She is incredibly weak from the long battle.
5. What does Mafatu now realize about himself?
(a) He misses his tribe.
(b) He is no longer afraid.
(c) He is afraid.
(d) He is wounded.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it time for the boys to do?
2. To whom does Mafatu pray?
3. What does he make out of coconut-tree fronds?
4. What would cause Mafatu to lose his spear or line?
5. The situation becomes very reminiscent of what?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)