|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 Drums.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens eventually and gradually?
(a) The storm picks up.
(b) Mafatu becomes more nervous.
(c) The sun sets.
(d) The storm lets up.
2. What no longer hangs around his neck?
(a) A gift from his father.
(b) His canteen.
(c) His knife.
(d) A symbol of the Sea God.
3. What does he think about the skills he had acquired back home?
(a) They need to be improved.
(b) They are proving useful now.
(c) They are a waste.
(d) They help a little.
4. Into what does he throw "half a dozen green drinking nuts and his fish spear?"
(a) A box.
(b) A bag.
(c) A gourd.
(d) A canoe.
5. What does Mafatu do by the shoreline?
(a) He cries.
(b) He fashions spears, nets, and sharkline for the other young boys to use.
(c) He sits and watches the other men.
(d) He prays to the goddess to help him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has happened when Mafatu attempts to overcome his fear?
2. What danger do they survive?
3. Who emerges from the water, sopping wet?
4. When does Mafatu climb up into the branches of the tree?
5. How does he feel after building a fire?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)