|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 Drums.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has always scared him away when he went out to the reef to set his traps?
(a) The hammerhead shark.
(b) The current.
(c) The murky water.
(d) The fish.
2. What is coming their way?
(a) A group of warriors.
(b) His father.
(c) A storm.
(d) A tidal wave.
3. What is it time for the boys to do?
(a) Go to bed.
(b) Prepare for fishing.
(c) Say a prayer.
(d) Eat a meal.
4. What does Mafatu realize when he is shocked into full awareness by the cold water?
(a) How far away from home he is.
(b) He is drowning.
(c) He has hit his head.
(d) He cannot find his dog.
5. What does Mafatu's mother finally decide to do?
(a) Head back to shore.
(b) Send Mafatu with the other fishermen.
(c) Continue looking for sea urchins.
(d) Continue to fish.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the tree fall to the ground?
2. What does he notice as he begins ripping leaves from a banana tree?
3. Why does Mafatu decide not to go to his lookout to check for the arrival of the eaters-of-men?
4. What does the boy do when he flings himself onto the floor of the canoe?
5. Into what does he throw "half a dozen green drinking nuts and his fish spear?"
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)