|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 Drums.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What symbolizes the courage it took to approach the sacred idol and seize what he needed?
(a) The vines.
(b) The spearhead.
(c) The clearing.
(d) The banana tree.
2. What is Mafatu amazed and relieved to discover?
(a) No whales were around him.
(b) He has survived.
(c) The hail lasted only a moment.
(d) The storm was not very strong.
3. He hated doing these tasks back in Hikueru. How does he feel now?
(a) He still hates them.
(b) He wishes he had practiced them more at home.
(c) He is grateful for the skills now.
(d) He wishes he were better at them.
4. What has happened when Mafatu attempts to overcome his fear?
(a) Everyone laughs at him.
(b) He is only successful for a little while.
(c) He is overcome by the power of the sea to intimidate him.
(d) He does not have the skills to overcome his fear.
5. Why is he starting to think that perhaps his ending up on this spot was a cruel joke on the part of Moana, the Sea God?
(a) Perhaps Moana was upset for having been cheated.
(b) Moana will not allow him food.
(c) Moana wants him back in the sea.
(d) He will not be able to find shelter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the boy do when he flings himself onto the floor of the canoe?
2. How does he feel after the climb to the lookout?
3. What does Mafatu begin fashioning?
4. How does he fashion a fish trap?
5. What does Mafatu recall for the reader?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)