|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 Drums.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mafatu begin to follow?
(d) His father.
2. What does Mafatu sees after he slides down the lava slide?
(a) Fresh water.
(b) A school of fish.
(c) A whale in the water.
(d) A manmade path leading through the jungle.
3. What does Mafatu do to the shark?
(a) He taunts him.
(b) He stabs him in the belly.
(c) He grabs him.
(d) He pushes on his gills.
4. Why does Mafatu wonder how he could be a brave leader?
(a) If he does not know how to fish.
(b) If he is afraid to use weapons.
(c) If he is not strong enough.
(d) If he is afraid to venture past the water's edge.
5. How does Mafatu feel when the construction of a new canoe is complete?
(b) Worn out.
(d) Excited to drop the craft in the water.
Short Answer Questions
1. The situation becomes very reminiscent of what?
2. How does he feel now that his knife is finished?
3. What does Mafatu's mother decide to do?
4. What happens just as suddenly?
5. When morning comes, who is with Mafatu?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)