|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 Drums.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are they end up in the churning sea?
(a) When Mafatu's mother jumps overboard.
(b) When the boat collapses.
(c) When their boat capsizes.
(d) When the boat begins to leak.
2. What does he notice as he begins ripping leaves from a banana tree?
(a) The fruit has been cut cleanly from the branch with a knife.
(b) Smoke from another island.
(c) The fruit is moldy.
(d) The fruit is missing.
3. Into what does he throw "half a dozen green drinking nuts and his fish spear?"
(a) A bag.
(b) A box.
(c) A canoe.
(d) A gourd.
4. How do the other fishermen feel about her decision?
5. The next day, what does Mafatu begin to rebuild?
(a) His canoe.
(b) His friendships.
(c) His life.
(d) His shelter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mafatu relegated to the shoreline?
2. What have been recently burned?
3. What does Mafatu wake up the next morning and remember?
4. When does Mafatu climb up into the branches of the tree?
5. What does he wonder about this island?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)