|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 Drums.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mafatu feel about his inability to conquer his fears?
(a) Unfulfilled and ashamed.
(b) Slightly embarrassed but eager to keep attempting.
(c) Anxious to try again.
(d) Nervous and shy.
2. What does Mafatu now realize about himself?
(a) He is wounded.
(b) He is no longer afraid.
(c) He is afraid.
(d) He misses his tribe.
3. What happens to Mafatu's mother after raising the coconut to her son's lips?
(a) She drinks from the coconut.
(b) The other fishermen save her.
(c) She loses conciousness.
(d) She dies.
4. How does Mafatu feel about the sea?
5. What happens eventually and gradually?
(a) Mafatu becomes more nervous.
(b) The sun sets.
(c) The storm lets up.
(d) The storm picks up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does he begin to think about killing?
2. What happens to the tiny canoe?
3. What gives them relief from the heat?
4. What does he notice as he begins ripping leaves from a banana tree?
5. What happens when Mafatu tries to catch his friend?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)