|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 Drums.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. He would be able to return home with a boar's tooth necklace as proof of what?
(a) He killed a boar.
(b) He likes to kill.
(c) He is strong.
(d) His bravery and hunting prowess.
2. What do the other fishermen do after turning their canoes around?
(a) They slowly head back home.
(b) They find a new place to fish.
(c) They head for the safety of dry land.
(d) They count their catch.
3. Suddenly, what does the bird do?
(a) He flies away.
(b) Catches a fish.
(c) Flies to him.
(d) Flies overhead.
4. What else taunts him?
(a) The fish.
(b) The sea.
(c) His mother, in his dreams.
(d) The tribal warriors.
5. What would cause Mafatu to lose his spear or line?
(a) The rough seas.
(b) A large fish.
(c) Bad memories would take over his hands.
(d) Other children.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what is Mafatu suddenly filled?
2. How does he feel when he moves a bone?
3. Why can Mafatu stand up?
4. What does Mafatu's experience with the sea tell him?
5. Why is Mafatu not ready to find food?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)