|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 Drums.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mafatu convinced will swallow him up?
(a) A giant wave starts thundering toward the canoe.
(b) The Sea God.
(c) A giant whale.
(d) An underwater cave.
2. What does Kivi do after flying overhead?
(a) Calls to Mafatu.
(b) Flies home.
(c) Lands on the canoe.
(d) Turns and flies south, leading the way.
3. The situation becomes very reminiscent of what?
(b) The storms in his dreams.
(c) The tragic day when Mafatu's mother died.
(d) Hurrican weather.
4. How does he fashion a fish trap?
(a) From a log.
(b) From a piece of trash.
(c) From bamboo.
(d) From a shell.
5. How does Mafatu fall asleep?
(a) Full of his own confidence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mafatu spot as he and Uri head toward the reef on the raft?
2. Where has a current formed?
3. What does he think about the skills he had acquired back home?
4. What gives them relief from the heat?
5. What frightens Mafatu?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)