|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 Drums.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who treats Mafatu poorly?
(a) The other children.
(b) His teachers.
(c) His father and the other children in the village.
(d) His step-mother.
2. Why does Mafatu build up a large fire?
(a) So that he can heat some stones.
(b) So others will see him.
(c) To burn his trash.
(d) He is cold.
3. How does Mafatu fell a tree?
(a) By tying a rope to it and pulling on it.
(b) By climbing up it and leaning to the side.
(c) By burning the base of the tree.
(d) With an axe.
4. Why is he starting to think that perhaps his ending up on this spot was a cruel joke on the part of Moana, the Sea God?
(a) He will not be able to find shelter.
(b) Moana will not allow him food.
(c) Moana wants him back in the sea.
(d) Perhaps Moana was upset for having been cheated.
5. What does the current do to their canoe?
(a) It goes around it.
(b) It pushes it towards the other canoes.
(c) It takes hold of it.
(d) It spins it around.
Short Answer Questions
1. What no longer hangs around his neck?
2. What would he never again be called?
3. The next day shows what?
4. What does he think about the skills he had acquired back home?
5. How long do they stay in the sea?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)