|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 Drums.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mafatu afraid will disappear, if he takes his eyes off of it?
(b) His father's canoe.
(c) The wedge of land rising out of the sea.
(d) Uri's body.
2. What has happened when he had taken an item from a sacred place?
(a) Lightning and thunder.
(b) A strong wind blew.
3. Why does the sight of a shark swimming nearby not stop him?
(a) He is hungry.
(b) The water is so cold.
(c) He is driven by a will to live.
(d) He wants to find Uri.
4. When does Mafatu climb up into the branches of the tree?
(a) When the fire has almost burned through the trunk of the tree.
(b) As the tree is falling.
(c) After the tree has fallen.
(d) Before he fells the tree.
5. Who does Mafatu begin to follow?
(b) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does he want from his town and his father?
2. What has happened when Mafatu attempts to overcome his fear?
3. What does Mafatu spot as he and Uri head toward the reef on the raft?
4. What is Mafatu's reaction when the water begins to get turbulent?
5. What does Mafatu discover when he surveys the situation?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)