|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 Drums.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Mafatu's mother after raising the coconut to her son's lips?
(a) She dies.
(b) The other fishermen save her.
(c) She loses conciousness.
(d) She drinks from the coconut.
2. How does he feel after the climb to the lookout?
(d) His injured leg hurts.
3. What has happened when he had taken an item from a sacred place?
(a) Lightning and thunder.
(b) A strong wind blew.
4. What does Mafatu recall for the reader?
(a) When his father grew a heart.
(b) A life-changing event that happened to him early in his childhood.
(c) A miracle that occurred early in his childhood.
(d) How he became a member of the tribe.
5. The next day, what does Mafatu begin to rebuild?
(a) His friendships.
(b) His shelter.
(c) His canoe.
(d) His life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mafatu's reaction when the water begins to get turbulent?
2. Why does Mafatu decide to do this?
3. Why is Mafatu not ready to find food?
4. What does he make out of coconut-tree fronds?
5. Who treats Mafatu poorly?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)