|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 Drums.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helps Mafatu drag the bones down the beach?
2. Why does Mafatu wonder how he could be a brave leader?
(a) If he is afraid to use weapons.
(b) If he does not know how to fish.
(c) If he is not strong enough.
(d) If he is afraid to venture past the water's edge.
3. Years later, what is Mafatu left wondering?
(a) How he is ever going to become a fisherman.
(b) When he will see his mother again.
(c) Why his mother stayed on the sea.
(d) Where his mother has gone.
4. How has Majatu conquered another fear when saving his dog?
(a) He used a knife.
(b) He killed the shark.
(c) He jumped in the water.
(d) He used a net.
5. What does Mafatu's mother finally decide to do?
(a) Continue to fish.
(b) Continue looking for sea urchins.
(c) Head back to shore.
(d) Send Mafatu with the other fishermen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mafatu wonder about his father, Tavana Nui?
2. The next day, what does Mafatu begin to rebuild?
3. How are they end up in the churning sea?
4. What happens when Mafatu tries to catch his friend?
5. What does Mafatu hear some of the other boys calling his crafty work?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)