|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 Drums.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long do they stay in the sea?
(a) For the whole of the night.
(b) One week.
(c) For a few hours.
(d) Two days.
2. What has Mafatu resolved to do this year?
(a) Leave home.
(b) Tell his father how he feels.
(c) Learn a new skill.
(d) Shrug off his restraints and face his fear.
3. What is Mafatu afraid will disappear, if he takes his eyes off of it?
(a) His father's canoe.
(c) The wedge of land rising out of the sea.
(d) Uri's body.
4. What does the sky cast upon the tiny canoe?
(b) A shadow.
(c) Thunder and lightning.
5. How does Mafatu feel about his inability to conquer his fears?
(a) Anxious to try again.
(b) Unfulfilled and ashamed.
(c) Nervous and shy.
(d) Slightly embarrassed but eager to keep attempting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mafatu wake up the next morning and remember?
2. With what is Mafatu suddenly filled?
3. How does he feel when he moves a bone?
4. When morning comes, who is with Mafatu?
5. Into what does he throw "half a dozen green drinking nuts and his fish spear?"
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)