|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 Drums.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does he make out of coconut-tree fronds?
(b) A blanket.
(c) A plate.
(d) A lean-to.
2. What does the boy do when he flings himself onto the floor of the canoe?
(a) He buries his face in his arms, crying.
(b) He screams.
(c) He hugs Uri.
(d) He cuts his arm.
3. What is Mafatu amazed and relieved to discover?
(a) The storm was not very strong.
(b) He has survived.
(c) No whales were around him.
(d) The hail lasted only a moment.
4. What happens eventually and gradually?
(a) The sun sets.
(b) Mafatu becomes more nervous.
(c) The storm picks up.
(d) The storm lets up.
5. He has the skill and resources to build a net but cannot get out to the "distant reef" to cast the net without his canoe. What does this do to him?
(a) It worries him.
(b) It irritates him.
(c) It further complicates the situation.
(d) It makes him excited about the challenge.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what is Mafatu getting no relief?
2. What is the pyramid topped by a massive figure?
3. How does he feel as he heads out to the reef?
4. How does he feel now that his knife is finished?
5. The situation becomes very reminiscent of what?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)