|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 Drums.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has happened when Mafatu attempts to overcome his fear?
(a) He is only successful for a little while.
(b) Everyone laughs at him.
(c) He is overcome by the power of the sea to intimidate him.
(d) He does not have the skills to overcome his fear.
2. What does he think about again?
(a) The island is dangerous.
(b) How alone he is.
(c) The island he had seen with the smoke rising above the trees.
(d) How hungry he is.
3. What is Mafatu convinced will swallow him up?
(a) An underwater cave.
(b) A giant whale.
(c) The Sea God.
(d) A giant wave starts thundering toward the canoe.
4. What have been recently burned?
(a) Piles of wood.
(b) The trees around the clearing.
(c) Piles of bones.
5. What does he think about the skills he had acquired back home?
(a) They are a waste.
(b) They help a little.
(c) They need to be improved.
(d) They are proving useful now.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mafatu discover lying on the beach?
2. He would be able to return home with a boar's tooth necklace as proof of what?
3. What is Mafatu soon amazed to see?
4. Who is the only person who has ever been nice to the outcast boy?
5. What does Mafatu hear some of the other boys calling his crafty work?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)