|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 Drums.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mafatu wonder about his father, Tavana Nui?
(a) If he will follow him.
(b) If he will be angry with him.
(c) If he would be upset, once he realizes his son is missing.
(d) It he will be relieved that his son has left.
2. What does Mafatu spot at the sacred spot?
(b) A knife.
(d) A spearhead.
3. Why can Mafatu stand up?
(a) There is sand beneath his feet.
(b) Maui is holding his hand.
(c) Uri helps him.
(d) His mother's spirit stands him up.
4. What does he think about again?
(a) How hungry he is.
(b) The island he had seen with the smoke rising above the trees.
(c) How alone he is.
(d) The island is dangerous.
5. What makes Mafatu feel all but worthless?
(a) His inability to fight.
(b) His lack of knowledge about fishing.
(c) His lack of a mother.
(d) The silence and disapproval of his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mafatu fall asleep?
2. How does he feel now that his knife is finished?
3. When does the tree fall to the ground?
4. He has the skill and resources to build a net but cannot get out to the "distant reef" to cast the net without his canoe. What does this do to him?
5. What has Mafatu resolved to do this year?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)