|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 The Island.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mafatu wonder how he could be a brave leader?
(a) If he is not strong enough.
(b) If he does not know how to fish.
(c) If he is afraid to use weapons.
(d) If he is afraid to venture past the water's edge.
2. How does he feel when he moves a bone?
3. How long do they stay in the sea?
(a) For a few hours.
(b) Two days.
(c) For the whole of the night.
(d) One week.
4. Who treats Mafatu poorly?
(a) The other children.
(b) His teachers.
(c) His step-mother.
(d) His father and the other children in the village.
5. What does he make out of coconut-tree fronds?
(a) A blanket.
(b) A plate.
(c) A lean-to.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does he feel after the climb to the lookout?
2. What does Mafatu's experience with the sea tell him?
3. What does the boy do when he flings himself onto the floor of the canoe?
4. How does Mafatu feel?
5. What does Mafatu now realize about himself?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)