|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 The Island.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the current do to their canoe?
(a) It goes around it.
(b) It spins it around.
(c) It pushes it towards the other canoes.
(d) It takes hold of it.
2. Against what do the fishermen warn her?
(a) Fishing at night.
(b) Fishing too close to the reef.
(c) Catching sea urchins.
(d) Staying out in the water.
3. What is Mafatu convinced will swallow him up?
(a) A giant whale.
(b) The Sea God.
(c) A giant wave starts thundering toward the canoe.
(d) An underwater cave.
4. What does he wonder about this island?
(a) If there are animals on this island.
(b) Where he should build his home.
(c) If this is where they offered their sacrifices.
(d) If he will ever escape it.
5. What has happened when he had taken an item from a sacred place?
(a) A strong wind blew.
(b) Lightning and thunder.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mafatu soon amazed to see?
2. Suddenly, what does the bird do?
3. To whom does Mafatu pray?
4. What would cause Mafatu to lose his spear or line?
5. What does Mafatu spot at the sacred spot?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)