|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 The Island.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mafatu have to endure?
(a) Blame for his mother's death.
(b) The ridicule from a step-mother.
(c) Endless mocking and ridicule.
(d) Sadness from the loss of his mother.
2. Why can Mafatu stand up?
(a) Uri helps him.
(b) Maui is holding his hand.
(c) His mother's spirit stands him up.
(d) There is sand beneath his feet.
3. Suddenly, what does the bird do?
(a) Flies to him.
(b) He flies away.
(c) Flies overhead.
(d) Catches a fish.
4. How does he feel after building a fire?
(c) Content and worn out from the effort.
5. Who treats Mafatu poorly?
(a) The other children.
(b) His father and the other children in the village.
(c) His step-mother.
(d) His teachers.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does he feel when he moves a bone?
2. What has rooted Mafatu to the ground?
3. What does Mafatu spot at the sacred spot?
4. What does Mafatu hear some of the other boys calling his crafty work?
5. What does Mafatu need to fashion a new canoe?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)