|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 The Island.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What else taunts him?
(a) The tribal warriors.
(b) The fish.
(c) The sea.
(d) His mother, in his dreams.
2. What is the pyramid topped by a massive figure?
(a) A dwelling.
(b) A school.
(c) A shelter.
(d) A Sacred Place.
3. The next day shows what?
(a) More signs of stormy weather.
(b) No signs of the previous night's storm.
(c) Fish to catch.
(d) An island nearby.
4. What does Mafatu have to endure?
(a) Blame for his mother's death.
(b) The ridicule from a step-mother.
(c) Sadness from the loss of his mother.
(d) Endless mocking and ridicule.
5. The situation becomes very reminiscent of what?
(a) The storms in his dreams.
(b) The tragic day when Mafatu's mother died.
(d) Hurrican weather.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mafatu discover when he surveys the situation?
2. How does Mafatu feel about his inability to conquer his fears?
3. From what does Mafatu drink?
4. What does Mafatu do by the shoreline?
5. Why does the sight of a shark swimming nearby not stop him?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)