|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 The Island.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The next day shows what?
(a) No signs of the previous night's storm.
(b) More signs of stormy weather.
(c) An island nearby.
(d) Fish to catch.
2. Why is he starting to think that perhaps his ending up on this spot was a cruel joke on the part of Moana, the Sea God?
(a) Moana wants him back in the sea.
(b) Moana will not allow him food.
(c) Perhaps Moana was upset for having been cheated.
(d) He will not be able to find shelter.
3. About what is Mafatu unsure?
(a) How to hunt.
(b) What food is safe to eat.
(c) Where his friends have gone.
(d) Which island he is on.
4. What does Mafatu sees after he slides down the lava slide?
(a) A manmade path leading through the jungle.
(b) A school of fish.
(c) A whale in the water.
(d) Fresh water.
5. What happens just as suddenly?
(a) The canoe stops moving.
(b) The wind dies down and the sea is still again.
(c) Kivi leaves again.
(d) Uri climbs back in the canoe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would cause Mafatu to lose his spear or line?
2. Why does the sight of a shark swimming nearby not stop him?
3. What does Mafatu's mother decide to do?
4. Why does Mafatu wonder how he could be a brave leader?
5. What does Uri do for Mafatu?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)