|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 The Island.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does he wonder about this island?
(a) If there are animals on this island.
(b) Where he should build his home.
(c) If this is where they offered their sacrifices.
(d) If he will ever escape it.
2. What does Mafatu spot at the sacred spot?
(a) A knife.
(d) A spearhead.
3. Why did he initially think that Maui had led him to this island?
(a) So he would be safe.
(b) So she could speak with him.
(c) So he could have a home of his own.
(d) So he could practice his hunting skills.
4. Why is he starting to think that perhaps his ending up on this spot was a cruel joke on the part of Moana, the Sea God?
(a) Moana wants him back in the sea.
(b) He will not be able to find shelter.
(c) Moana will not allow him food.
(d) Perhaps Moana was upset for having been cheated.
5. What have been recently burned?
(a) Piles of wood.
(c) The trees around the clearing.
(d) Piles of bones.
Short Answer Questions
1. What else taunts him?
2. The situation becomes very reminiscent of what?
3. Why does Mafatu wonder how he could be a brave leader?
4. What does Mafatu recall for the reader?
5. What does Mafatu realize when he is shocked into full awareness by the cold water?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)