|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 The Island.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Years later, what is Mafatu left wondering?
(a) Where his mother has gone.
(b) How he is ever going to become a fisherman.
(c) When he will see his mother again.
(d) Why his mother stayed on the sea.
2. What is a moto tabu?
(a) His favorite phrase.
(b) A prayer.
(c) A type of food.
(d) A Forbidden Island.
3. What happens to the tiny canoe?
(a) It speeds up.
(b) It is lifted into the air and torn to splinters on the reef.
(c) It tips over.
(d) It spins in a circle.
4. What is Mafatu afraid will disappear, if he takes his eyes off of it?
(a) The wedge of land rising out of the sea.
(b) Uri's body.
(c) His father's canoe.
5. Why does Mafatu's mother take him out to the barrier reef?
(a) To look for his father.
(b) To look for sea urchins.
(c) To swim through the coral.
(d) To catch fish.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the other fishermen feel about her decision?
2. How does he move toward the idol?
3. How long do they stay in the sea?
4. Why is Mafatu relegated to the shoreline?
5. Why can Mafatu stand up?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)