|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 The Island.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mafatu have to endure?
(a) Blame for his mother's death.
(b) The ridicule from a step-mother.
(c) Endless mocking and ridicule.
(d) Sadness from the loss of his mother.
2. Who treats Mafatu poorly?
(a) The other children.
(b) His father and the other children in the village.
(c) His teachers.
(d) His step-mother.
3. How does he feel after the climb to the lookout?
(c) His injured leg hurts.
4. What does Mafatu decide to explore?
(a) His side of the island.
(b) The beach.
(c) The other side of this island.
(d) The sea.
5. How does Mafatu fall asleep?
(c) Full of his own confidence.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mafatu feel about the sea?
2. How does Mafatu's mother respond to the fishermen?
3. What does the sky cast upon the tiny canoe?
4. What makes Mafatu feel all but worthless?
5. Why does the sight of a shark swimming nearby not stop him?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)