|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 The Island.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what is Mafatu unsure?
(a) Where his friends have gone.
(b) What food is safe to eat.
(c) Which island he is on.
(d) How to hunt.
2. From what is Mafatu getting no relief?
(a) His fear.
(b) The blistering sun and thirst.
(c) Uri's whining.
(d) His hunger.
3. What does Mafatu sees after he slides down the lava slide?
(a) A school of fish.
(b) Fresh water.
(c) A manmade path leading through the jungle.
(d) A whale in the water.
4. How does Mafatu feel about the sea?
5. Against what do the fishermen warn her?
(a) Fishing at night.
(b) Fishing too close to the reef.
(c) Catching sea urchins.
(d) Staying out in the water.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it time for the boys to do?
2. What does Mafatu use to cauterize the wound on his leg?
3. How does Mafatu's mother respond to the fishermen?
4. What does he use to pull himself up the slope?
5. What does the current do to their canoe?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)