|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 The Island.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who used to slide down a lava slide in banana leaves?
(a) His mother.
(d) Children in Tahiti.
2. What happens as the current gets quicker?
(a) The canoe moves faster.
(b) The wind begins to pick up.
(c) Uri falls in the water.
(d) Kivi returns.
3. What does Mafatu sees after he slides down the lava slide?
(a) Fresh water.
(b) A manmade path leading through the jungle.
(c) A whale in the water.
(d) A school of fish.
4. What does Mafatu discover when he surveys the situation?
(a) Uri is choking for air, stuck under the bow.
(b) A shark is circling his canoe.
(c) Uri is nowhere to be found.
(d) Kivi is calling to him.
5. What wakes Mafatu at midnight?
(a) A great thunderous noise.
(c) Kivi's call.
(d) Uri's wimpering.
Short Answer Questions
1. What have been recently burned?
2. How does he feel after the climb to the lookout?
3. The situation becomes very reminiscent of what?
4. The next day shows what?
5. What does he wonder about this island?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)