|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 The Island.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mafatu discover when he surveys the situation?
(a) Uri is choking for air, stuck under the bow.
(b) Kivi is calling to him.
(c) Uri is nowhere to be found.
(d) A shark is circling his canoe.
2. As he is looking at another island, what is he astonished to see?
(a) A storm brewing.
(b) Kivi flying in the sky.
(c) Smoke rising from the trees.
(d) Canoes in the distance.
3. The situation becomes very reminiscent of what?
(a) The tragic day when Mafatu's mother died.
(c) Hurrican weather.
(d) The storms in his dreams.
4. What does Mafatu's mother finally decide to do?
(a) Head back to shore.
(b) Continue looking for sea urchins.
(c) Continue to fish.
(d) Send Mafatu with the other fishermen.
5. How does Mafatu feel about the sea?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does he feel after the climb to the lookout?
2. What leads toward the sea and to a large clearing?
3. What do the other fishermen do after turning their canoes around?
4. What would cause Mafatu to lose his spear or line?
5. How do the other fishermen feel about her decision?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)