|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 The Island.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does he use to pull himself up the slope?
(a) A ladder.
(b) The hanging vines.
(c) A tree.
2. What does Mafatu recall for the reader?
(a) When his father grew a heart.
(b) How he became a member of the tribe.
(c) A miracle that occurred early in his childhood.
(d) A life-changing event that happened to him early in his childhood.
3. What happens just as suddenly?
(a) The canoe stops moving.
(b) The wind dies down and the sea is still again.
(c) Uri climbs back in the canoe.
(d) Kivi leaves again.
4. What does Mafatu do by the shoreline?
(a) He sits and watches the other men.
(b) He fashions spears, nets, and sharkline for the other young boys to use.
(c) He cries.
(d) He prays to the goddess to help him.
5. What does Mafatu wake up the next morning and remember?
(a) How his mother died.
(b) That Uri was injured.
(c) That Kivi never returned.
(d) The crazy events that led him to the beach on which he now lays.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long do they stay in the sea?
2. About what is Mafatu unsure?
3. What gives them relief from the heat?
4. What is a moto tabu?
5. What danger do they survive?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)