|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 The Island.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where has a current formed?
(a) By the other canoes.
(b) By the shoulder of the reef passage.
(c) Around her canoe.
(d) On the other side of the reef.
2. What does he soon do?
(a) Reaches the summit of the hill.
(b) Climb to the top of the ladder.
(c) Finds fresh water.
(d) Climb to the top of a tree.
3. Against what do the fishermen warn her?
(a) Staying out in the water.
(b) Fishing at night.
(c) Fishing too close to the reef.
(d) Catching sea urchins.
4. What does Mafatu discover when he surveys the situation?
(a) Uri is nowhere to be found.
(b) Uri is choking for air, stuck under the bow.
(c) A shark is circling his canoe.
(d) Kivi is calling to him.
5. What is coming their way?
(a) A group of warriors.
(b) A storm.
(c) His father.
(d) A tidal wave.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what does Mafatu drink?
2. Why does the sight of a shark swimming nearby not stop him?
3. What do the other fishermen do after turning their canoes around?
4. How does he feel after the climb to the lookout?
5. What is Mafatu soon amazed to see?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)