|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 The Island.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens as the current gets quicker?
(a) Kivi returns.
(b) The wind begins to pick up.
(c) Uri falls in the water.
(d) The canoe moves faster.
2. About what is Mafatu unsure?
(a) Which island he is on.
(b) Where his friends have gone.
(c) What food is safe to eat.
(d) How to hunt.
3. What does Mafatu wonder about his father, Tavana Nui?
(a) If he will be angry with him.
(b) If he would be upset, once he realizes his son is missing.
(c) It he will be relieved that his son has left.
(d) If he will follow him.
4. Where has a current formed?
(a) By the shoulder of the reef passage.
(b) Around her canoe.
(c) On the other side of the reef.
(d) By the other canoes.
5. What is Mafatu resolved to do?
(a) Tell the boys what he thinks of their work.
(b) Never to return to Hikueru unless he is successful in his pursuit.
(c) Continue doing what he loves.
(d) Run away.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who used to slide down a lava slide in banana leaves?
2. What does Mafatu realize when he is shocked into full awareness by the cold water?
3. What do the other fishermen do after turning their canoes around?
4. What does he soon do?
5. What does Mafatu wake up the next morning and remember?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)