|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 The Island.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mafatu hear some of the other boys calling his crafty work?
(a) Woman's work.
(b) A waste of time.
2. What does Mafatu need to fashion a new canoe?
(a) A tamanu tree.
(c) An oak tree.
(d) A palm tree.
3. What does the boy do when he flings himself onto the floor of the canoe?
(a) He buries his face in his arms, crying.
(b) He screams.
(c) He cuts his arm.
(d) He hugs Uri.
4. What leads toward the sea and to a large clearing?
(a) Foot prints.
(b) The trail.
(c) A stream.
(d) A trail of shells.
5. Why does Mafatu's mother struggle to feed him?
(a) She wants the food for herself.
(b) She is full of fear.
(c) She is incredibly weak from the long battle.
(d) The food is hard to get to.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mafatu decide to explore?
2. Why does Mafatu wonder how he could be a brave leader?
3. What does Mafatu realize when he is shocked into full awareness by the cold water?
4. What does Mafatu do by the shoreline?
5. What does Mafatu sees after he slides down the lava slide?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)