|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 The Island.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the boy do when he flings himself onto the floor of the canoe?
(a) He buries his face in his arms, crying.
(b) He cuts his arm.
(c) He screams.
(d) He hugs Uri.
2. What does he soon do?
(a) Climb to the top of a tree.
(b) Climb to the top of the ladder.
(c) Finds fresh water.
(d) Reaches the summit of the hill.
3. What does Mafatu use to cauterize the wound on his leg?
(b) Wild limes.
4. About what is Mafatu unsure?
(a) How to hunt.
(b) What food is safe to eat.
(c) Where his friends have gone.
(d) Which island he is on.
5. What is it time for the boys to do?
(a) Go to bed.
(b) Eat a meal.
(c) Say a prayer.
(d) Prepare for fishing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kivi do after flying overhead?
2. What does Mafatu realize when he is shocked into full awareness by the cold water?
3. What would cause Mafatu to lose his spear or line?
4. What wakes Mafatu at midnight?
5. How does he feel when he moves a bone?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)