|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 The Island.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the only person who has ever been nice to the outcast boy?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(c) His goddess.
2. Why does Mafatu's mother struggle to feed him?
(a) She is incredibly weak from the long battle.
(b) She is full of fear.
(c) The food is hard to get to.
(d) She wants the food for herself.
3. What is Mafatu convinced will swallow him up?
(a) A giant wave starts thundering toward the canoe.
(b) The Sea God.
(c) An underwater cave.
(d) A giant whale.
4. About what is Mafatu unsure?
(a) Where his friends have gone.
(b) What food is safe to eat.
(c) Which island he is on.
(d) How to hunt.
5. The next day shows what?
(a) No signs of the previous night's storm.
(b) More signs of stormy weather.
(c) Fish to catch.
(d) An island nearby.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mafatu decide to explore?
2. What does he use to pull himself up the slope?
3. What does Mafatu recall for the reader?
4. What danger do they survive?
5. The situation becomes very reminiscent of what?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)