|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 The Island.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mafatu's mother struggle to feed him?
(a) She wants the food for herself.
(b) The food is hard to get to.
(c) She is incredibly weak from the long battle.
(d) She is full of fear.
2. What does Mafatu now realize about himself?
(a) He is wounded.
(b) He is afraid.
(c) He misses his tribe.
(d) He is no longer afraid.
3. What is Mafatu resolved to do?
(a) Run away.
(b) Never to return to Hikueru unless he is successful in his pursuit.
(c) Continue doing what he loves.
(d) Tell the boys what he thinks of their work.
4. Why does the sight of a shark swimming nearby not stop him?
(a) He wants to find Uri.
(b) The water is so cold.
(c) He is hungry.
(d) He is driven by a will to live.
5. What happens to the tiny canoe?
(a) It speeds up.
(b) It tips over.
(c) It spins in a circle.
(d) It is lifted into the air and torn to splinters on the reef.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who used to slide down a lava slide in banana leaves?
2. What have been recently burned?
3. From what does Mafatu drink?
4. What does he use to pull himself up the slope?
5. What does Mafatu have to endure?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)