|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 The Island.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What symbolizes the courage it took to approach the sacred idol and seize what he needed?
(a) The vines.
(b) The banana tree.
(c) The clearing.
(d) The spearhead.
2. What else taunts him?
(a) The sea.
(b) The tribal warriors.
(c) The fish.
(d) His mother, in his dreams.
3. What is a moto tabu?
(a) His favorite phrase.
(b) A prayer.
(c) A type of food.
(d) A Forbidden Island.
4. From what does Mafatu drink?
(a) One of the green drinking nuts.
(b) A coconut.
(c) The sea.
(d) A canteen.
5. What does Mafatu decide to explore?
(a) The beach.
(b) The sea.
(c) The other side of this island.
(d) His side of the island.
Short Answer Questions
1. When morning comes, who is with Mafatu?
2. What is Mafatu amazed and relieved to discover?
3. For what does Mafatu search?
4. How does Mafatu's mother respond to the fishermen?
5. What does he want from his town and his father?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)