|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 The Island.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does he want from his town and his father?
(a) A job.
(b) To be left alone.
(d) To find him.
2. Why does Mafatu's mother take him out to the barrier reef?
(a) To swim through the coral.
(b) To catch fish.
(c) To look for sea urchins.
(d) To look for his father.
3. Why does the sight of a shark swimming nearby not stop him?
(a) He wants to find Uri.
(b) He is driven by a will to live.
(c) The water is so cold.
(d) He is hungry.
4. From what is Mafatu getting no relief?
(a) Uri's whining.
(b) His fear.
(c) The blistering sun and thirst.
(d) His hunger.
5. What does he use to pull himself up the slope?
(b) A ladder.
(c) A tree.
(d) The hanging vines.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mafatu feel about his inability to conquer his fears?
2. What happens to Mafatu's mother after raising the coconut to her son's lips?
3. What has happened when Mafatu attempts to overcome his fear?
4. What is Mafatu resolved to do?
5. What wakes Mafatu at midnight?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)