|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 The Island.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Mafatu pray?
(a) His mother.
(c) Maui, Goddess of the Fisherman.
(d) Moana, the Sea God.
2. Why is Mafatu relegated to the shoreline?
(a) He is perceived to be a bringer of bad luck.
(b) He is not skilled enough to fish.
(c) His father worries about him.
(d) There are too many fishermen.
3. What does Mafatu now realize about himself?
(a) He is afraid.
(b) He is no longer afraid.
(c) He is wounded.
(d) He misses his tribe.
4. What is it time for the boys to do?
(a) Say a prayer.
(b) Eat a meal.
(c) Prepare for fishing.
(d) Go to bed.
5. With what is Mafatu suddenly filled?
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the other fishermen feel about her decision?
2. What does Mafatu realize when he is shocked into full awareness by the cold water?
3. What does the boy do when he flings himself onto the floor of the canoe?
4. Why does Mafatu's mother take him out to the barrier reef?
5. What danger do they survive?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)