|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 The Island.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The next day shows what?
(a) More signs of stormy weather.
(b) An island nearby.
(c) No signs of the previous night's storm.
(d) Fish to catch.
2. What happens to Mafatu's mother after raising the coconut to her son's lips?
(a) She drinks from the coconut.
(b) She loses conciousness.
(c) The other fishermen save her.
(d) She dies.
3. What does he think about again?
(a) How hungry he is.
(b) How alone he is.
(c) The island is dangerous.
(d) The island he had seen with the smoke rising above the trees.
4. Why does Mafatu forget about being hungry and thirsty?
(a) Uri has fallen in the water.
(b) The sight of land spurring him onward.
(c) He sees his goddess.
(d) His father's canoe is behind him.
5. Why can Mafatu stand up?
(a) There is sand beneath his feet.
(b) Maui is holding his hand.
(c) His mother's spirit stands him up.
(d) Uri helps him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mafatu not ready to find food?
2. What does he notice as he begins ripping leaves from a banana tree?
3. What does Mafatu have to endure?
4. To where does he head?
5. What does the current do to their canoe?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)