|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 The Sea.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the sight of a shark swimming nearby not stop him?
(a) He is hungry.
(b) He is driven by a will to live.
(c) The water is so cold.
(d) He wants to find Uri.
2. What happens as the current gets quicker?
(a) The canoe moves faster.
(b) The wind begins to pick up.
(c) Kivi returns.
(d) Uri falls in the water.
3. How does Mafatu react when he finally realizes how truly isolated he is?
(a) Slightly nervous.
(c) Gripped by terror.
(d) Relaxed for the first time.
4. With what is Mafatu suddenly filled?
5. What wakes Mafatu at midnight?
(a) A great thunderous noise.
(b) Uri's wimpering.
(c) Kivi's call.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Mafatu pray?
2. Why does Mafatu's mother take him out to the barrier reef?
3. What is Mafatu resolved to do?
4. What no longer hangs around his neck?
5. What does the sky cast upon the tiny canoe?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)