|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 The Sea.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what is Mafatu suddenly filled?
2. Where has a current formed?
(a) By the other canoes.
(b) On the other side of the reef.
(c) Around her canoe.
(d) By the shoulder of the reef passage.
3. What does Mafatu discover when he surveys the situation?
(a) Kivi is calling to him.
(b) Uri is choking for air, stuck under the bow.
(c) A shark is circling his canoe.
(d) Uri is nowhere to be found.
4. Why does Mafatu forget about being hungry and thirsty?
(a) The sight of land spurring him onward.
(b) His father's canoe is behind him.
(c) Uri has fallen in the water.
(d) He sees his goddess.
5. What does the sky cast upon the tiny canoe?
(b) Thunder and lightning.
(c) A shadow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mafatu realize when he is shocked into full awareness by the cold water?
2. What does Mafatu do by the shoreline?
3. How does Mafatu feel about the sea?
4. What is Mafatu convinced will swallow him up?
5. What does the boy do when he flings himself onto the floor of the canoe?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)