|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 The Sea.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens just as suddenly?
(a) The canoe stops moving.
(b) Kivi leaves again.
(c) Uri climbs back in the canoe.
(d) The wind dies down and the sea is still again.
2. Against what do the fishermen warn her?
(a) Fishing too close to the reef.
(b) Catching sea urchins.
(c) Staying out in the water.
(d) Fishing at night.
3. Who treats Mafatu poorly?
(a) His teachers.
(b) His father and the other children in the village.
(c) The other children.
(d) His step-mother.
4. What is coming their way?
(a) A tidal wave.
(b) A storm.
(c) His father.
(d) A group of warriors.
5. What has happened when Mafatu attempts to overcome his fear?
(a) He is overcome by the power of the sea to intimidate him.
(b) He is only successful for a little while.
(c) Everyone laughs at him.
(d) He does not have the skills to overcome his fear.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Mafatu's mother after raising the coconut to her son's lips?
2. How does Mafatu feel about his inability to conquer his fears?
3. How does Mafatu react when he finally realizes how truly isolated he is?
4. From what is Mafatu getting no relief?
5. Why does Mafatu's mother take him out to the barrier reef?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)