|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 The Sea.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mafatu feel about his inability to conquer his fears?
(a) Unfulfilled and ashamed.
(b) Nervous and shy.
(c) Anxious to try again.
(d) Slightly embarrassed but eager to keep attempting.
2. What is Mafatu resolved to do?
(a) Never to return to Hikueru unless he is successful in his pursuit.
(b) Tell the boys what he thinks of their work.
(c) Continue doing what he loves.
(d) Run away.
3. What happens just as suddenly?
(a) The canoe stops moving.
(b) Uri climbs back in the canoe.
(c) The wind dies down and the sea is still again.
(d) Kivi leaves again.
4. What is it time for the boys to do?
(a) Prepare for fishing.
(b) Go to bed.
(c) Eat a meal.
(d) Say a prayer.
5. What gives them relief from the heat?
(a) Shade from Kivi.
(d) A cool breeze.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can Mafatu stand up?
2. What does Mafatu's mother finally decide to do?
3. From what is Mafatu getting no relief?
4. Where has a current formed?
5. Who emerges from the water, sopping wet?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)