|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 The Sea.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where has a current formed?
(a) Around her canoe.
(b) By the other canoes.
(c) On the other side of the reef.
(d) By the shoulder of the reef passage.
2. Who does Mafatu begin to follow?
(b) His father.
3. How does Mafatu feel about the sea?
4. What makes Mafatu feel all but worthless?
(a) His lack of knowledge about fishing.
(b) His inability to fight.
(c) His lack of a mother.
(d) The silence and disapproval of his father.
5. For what does Mafatu search?
(a) Signs of a storm.
(b) Signs of Kivi.
(c) Signs of land.
(d) Signs of fish.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the current do to their canoe?
2. What is Mafatu soon amazed to see?
3. Why does Mafatu's mother take him out to the barrier reef?
4. What does Mafatu wonder about his father, Tavana Nui?
5. How does Mafatu feel about his inability to conquer his fears?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)