|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 The Sea.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The next day shows what?
(a) No signs of the previous night's storm.
(b) An island nearby.
(c) More signs of stormy weather.
(d) Fish to catch.
2. Why can Mafatu stand up?
(a) Uri helps him.
(b) Maui is holding his hand.
(c) His mother's spirit stands him up.
(d) There is sand beneath his feet.
3. From what does Mafatu drink?
(a) A canteen.
(b) The sea.
(c) A coconut.
(d) One of the green drinking nuts.
4. What does Mafatu's mother finally decide to do?
(a) Head back to shore.
(b) Send Mafatu with the other fishermen.
(c) Continue to fish.
(d) Continue looking for sea urchins.
5. What is Mafatu afraid will disappear, if he takes his eyes off of it?
(b) His father's canoe.
(c) Uri's body.
(d) The wedge of land rising out of the sea.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gives them relief from the heat?
2. What does Mafatu wonder about his father, Tavana Nui?
3. What is Mafatu soon amazed to see?
4. What is Mafatu resolved to do?
5. What does Mafatu have to endure?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)