|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 The Sea.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gives them relief from the heat?
(b) A cool breeze.
(d) Shade from Kivi.
2. From what is Mafatu getting no relief?
(a) The blistering sun and thirst.
(b) His hunger.
(c) His fear.
(d) Uri's whining.
3. Why does the sight of a shark swimming nearby not stop him?
(a) He is driven by a will to live.
(b) He wants to find Uri.
(c) The water is so cold.
(d) He is hungry.
4. Who treats Mafatu poorly?
(a) His teachers.
(b) The other children.
(c) His step-mother.
(d) His father and the other children in the village.
5. To whom does Mafatu pray?
(b) His mother.
(c) Maui, Goddess of the Fisherman.
(d) Moana, the Sea God.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Uri do for Mafatu?
2. The next day shows what?
3. Into what does he throw "half a dozen green drinking nuts and his fish spear?"
4. What happens as the current gets quicker?
5. What wakes Mafatu at midnight?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)