|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 The Sea.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where has a current formed?
(a) By the other canoes.
(b) On the other side of the reef.
(c) Around her canoe.
(d) By the shoulder of the reef passage.
2. What is Mafatu soon amazed to see?
(a) Fresh water.
(b) Land in the distance.
(c) More birds.
(d) A cloudless sky.
3. Why can Mafatu stand up?
(a) Uri helps him.
(b) His mother's spirit stands him up.
(c) Maui is holding his hand.
(d) There is sand beneath his feet.
4. Why is Mafatu relegated to the shoreline?
(a) He is perceived to be a bringer of bad luck.
(b) His father worries about him.
(c) There are too many fishermen.
(d) He is not skilled enough to fish.
5. Suddenly, what does the bird do?
(a) Flies to him.
(b) Catches a fish.
(c) He flies away.
(d) Flies overhead.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gives them relief from the heat?
2. How does Mafatu feel?
3. Years later, what is Mafatu left wondering?
4. How does Mafatu's mother respond to the fishermen?
5. From what is Mafatu getting no relief?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)