|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 The Sea.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who might his father think had taken his son?
(b) Moana, the Sea God.
(c) His mother's spirit.
(d) Maui, the Goddess of Fishermen.
2. What does Mafatu realize when he is shocked into full awareness by the cold water?
(a) He has hit his head.
(b) How far away from home he is.
(c) He is drowning.
(d) He cannot find his dog.
3. What is Mafatu convinced will swallow him up?
(a) An underwater cave.
(b) The Sea God.
(c) A giant wave starts thundering toward the canoe.
(d) A giant whale.
4. What does Uri do for Mafatu?
(a) He catches fish.
(b) He steers the canoe.
(c) He licks his face.
(d) His thumping tail provides comfort and reassurance.
5. What do the other fishermen do after turning their canoes around?
(a) They count their catch.
(b) They head for the safety of dry land.
(c) They find a new place to fish.
(d) They slowly head back home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kivi do after flying overhead?
2. How does Mafatu react when he finally realizes how truly isolated he is?
3. Against what do the fishermen warn her?
4. What does Mafatu discover when he surveys the situation?
5. What does Mafatu's mother decide to do?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)