|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 The Sea.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens as the current gets quicker?
(a) The wind begins to pick up.
(b) The canoe moves faster.
(c) Kivi returns.
(d) Uri falls in the water.
2. Suddenly, what does the bird do?
(a) Flies to him.
(b) Catches a fish.
(c) He flies away.
(d) Flies overhead.
3. What happens eventually and gradually?
(a) The storm lets up.
(b) The storm picks up.
(c) The sun sets.
(d) Mafatu becomes more nervous.
4. What does Mafatu discover when he surveys the situation?
(a) Kivi is calling to him.
(b) Uri is choking for air, stuck under the bow.
(c) Uri is nowhere to be found.
(d) A shark is circling his canoe.
5. How does Mafatu feel about the sea?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who treats Mafatu poorly?
2. What does the boy do when he flings himself onto the floor of the canoe?
3. What does the sky cast upon the tiny canoe?
4. What is Mafatu convinced will swallow him up?
5. What does Mafatu recall for the reader?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)