|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 The Sea.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gives them relief from the heat?
(c) Shade from Kivi.
(d) A cool breeze.
2. Who treats Mafatu poorly?
(a) His teachers.
(b) The other children.
(c) His step-mother.
(d) His father and the other children in the village.
3. What does the sky cast upon the tiny canoe?
(a) A shadow.
(d) Thunder and lightning.
4. For what does Mafatu search?
(a) Signs of Kivi.
(b) Signs of a storm.
(c) Signs of fish.
(d) Signs of land.
5. What makes Mafatu feel all but worthless?
(a) His lack of a mother.
(b) The silence and disapproval of his father.
(c) His lack of knowledge about fishing.
(d) His inability to fight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What no longer hangs around his neck?
2. The next day shows what?
3. What does Mafatu recall for the reader?
4. What is Mafatu convinced will swallow him up?
5. What is Mafatu resolved to do?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)