|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 The Sea.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Uri do for Mafatu?
(a) He catches fish.
(b) He licks his face.
(c) He steers the canoe.
(d) His thumping tail provides comfort and reassurance.
2. What does Mafatu wonder about his father, Tavana Nui?
(a) If he will be angry with him.
(b) If he will follow him.
(c) It he will be relieved that his son has left.
(d) If he would be upset, once he realizes his son is missing.
3. What does Mafatu discover when he surveys the situation?
(a) Uri is nowhere to be found.
(b) Kivi is calling to him.
(c) A shark is circling his canoe.
(d) Uri is choking for air, stuck under the bow.
4. The situation becomes very reminiscent of what?
(a) The tragic day when Mafatu's mother died.
(b) Hurrican weather.
(d) The storms in his dreams.
5. What does Mafatu hear some of the other boys calling his crafty work?
(b) Woman's work.
(d) A waste of time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mafatu afraid will disappear, if he takes his eyes off of it?
2. What does Mafatu have to endure?
3. Who might his father think had taken his son?
4. Soon, what comes?
5. Why does Mafatu decide to do this?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)