|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 The Sea.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When morning comes, who is with Mafatu?
(a) His father.
(c) Uri and Kivi.
2. What does Uri do for Mafatu?
(a) His thumping tail provides comfort and reassurance.
(b) He catches fish.
(c) He steers the canoe.
(d) He licks his face.
3. Why can Mafatu stand up?
(a) There is sand beneath his feet.
(b) Uri helps him.
(c) Maui is holding his hand.
(d) His mother's spirit stands him up.
4. Where has a current formed?
(a) On the other side of the reef.
(b) By the other canoes.
(c) Around her canoe.
(d) By the shoulder of the reef passage.
5. What do the other fishermen do after turning their canoes around?
(a) They count their catch.
(b) They find a new place to fish.
(c) They slowly head back home.
(d) They head for the safety of dry land.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mafatu resolved to do?
2. What is Mafatu amazed and relieved to discover?
3. What does Mafatu's mother finally decide to do?
4. How long do they stay in the sea?
5. What happens to Mafatu's mother after raising the coconut to her son's lips?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)