|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 The Sea.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The situation becomes very reminiscent of what?
(b) The tragic day when Mafatu's mother died.
(c) Hurrican weather.
(d) The storms in his dreams.
2. What does the sky cast upon the tiny canoe?
(b) Thunder and lightning.
(d) A shadow.
3. How does Mafatu feel?
4. What happens to Mafatu's mother after raising the coconut to her son's lips?
(a) The other fishermen save her.
(b) She dies.
(c) She drinks from the coconut.
(d) She loses conciousness.
5. How do the other fishermen feel about her decision?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mafatu's experience with the sea tell him?
2. To whom does Mafatu pray?
3. Suddenly, what does the bird do?
4. Who might his father think had taken his son?
5. What does Mafatu recall for the reader?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)