|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 The Sea.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mafatu do by the shoreline?
(a) He cries.
(b) He fashions spears, nets, and sharkline for the other young boys to use.
(c) He sits and watches the other men.
(d) He prays to the goddess to help him.
2. Why does Mafatu decide to do this?
(a) In order to prove his worth as a fisherman.
(b) To get away from those who tease him.
(c) In order to have a better relationship with his father.
(d) To be more helpful.
3. What happens to the tiny canoe?
(a) It tips over.
(b) It spins in a circle.
(c) It speeds up.
(d) It is lifted into the air and torn to splinters on the reef.
4. What does Mafatu hear some of the other boys calling his crafty work?
(a) A waste of time.
(c) Woman's work.
5. When morning comes, who is with Mafatu?
(a) His father.
(c) Uri and Kivi.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mafatu wonder about his father, Tavana Nui?
2. How does Mafatu react when he finally realizes how truly isolated he is?
3. What wakes Mafatu at midnight?
4. Who treats Mafatu poorly?
5. Where has a current formed?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)