|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 The Sea.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gives them relief from the heat?
(b) Shade from Kivi.
(c) A cool breeze.
2. Why does Mafatu wonder how he could be a brave leader?
(a) If he is afraid to use weapons.
(b) If he is not strong enough.
(c) If he is afraid to venture past the water's edge.
(d) If he does not know how to fish.
3. What do the other fishermen do after turning their canoes around?
(a) They head for the safety of dry land.
(b) They count their catch.
(c) They find a new place to fish.
(d) They slowly head back home.
4. How does Mafatu feel about the sea?
5. The situation becomes very reminiscent of what?
(b) Hurrican weather.
(c) The storms in his dreams.
(d) The tragic day when Mafatu's mother died.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mafatu feel?
2. Soon, what comes?
3. What does Mafatu's mother decide to do?
4. What has happened when Mafatu attempts to overcome his fear?
5. Who might his father think had taken his son?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)