|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 The Sea.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who emerges from the water, sopping wet?
(c) His father.
2. How does Mafatu react when he finally realizes how truly isolated he is?
(a) Relaxed for the first time.
(b) Gripped by terror.
(c) Slightly nervous.
3. From what is Mafatu getting no relief?
(a) The blistering sun and thirst.
(b) His hunger.
(c) Uri's whining.
(d) His fear.
4. What does Uri do for Mafatu?
(a) He licks his face.
(b) He catches fish.
(c) He steers the canoe.
(d) His thumping tail provides comfort and reassurance.
5. How does Mafatu feel?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who might his father think had taken his son?
2. What does the sky cast upon the tiny canoe?
3. What wakes Mafatu at midnight?
4. What is coming their way?
5. What happens just as suddenly?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)