|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 The Sea.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Against what do the fishermen warn her?
(a) Catching sea urchins.
(b) Fishing too close to the reef.
(c) Fishing at night.
(d) Staying out in the water.
2. Who does Mafatu begin to follow?
(d) His father.
3. What else taunts him?
(a) His mother, in his dreams.
(b) The fish.
(c) The sea.
(d) The tribal warriors.
4. Years later, what is Mafatu left wondering?
(a) Why his mother stayed on the sea.
(b) When he will see his mother again.
(c) Where his mother has gone.
(d) How he is ever going to become a fisherman.
5. Why can Mafatu stand up?
(a) Uri helps him.
(b) Maui is holding his hand.
(c) There is sand beneath his feet.
(d) His mother's spirit stands him up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Uri do for Mafatu?
2. What is Mafatu convinced will swallow him up?
3. What would cause Mafatu to lose his spear or line?
4. What is coming their way?
5. Who treats Mafatu poorly?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)