|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 The Sea.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mafatu convinced will swallow him up?
(a) A giant whale.
(b) An underwater cave.
(c) A giant wave starts thundering toward the canoe.
(d) The Sea God.
2. What would cause Mafatu to lose his spear or line?
(a) A large fish.
(b) The rough seas.
(c) Bad memories would take over his hands.
(d) Other children.
3. What is Mafatu soon amazed to see?
(a) More birds.
(b) Fresh water.
(c) Land in the distance.
(d) A cloudless sky.
4. What does Mafatu wonder about his father, Tavana Nui?
(a) If he will follow him.
(b) It he will be relieved that his son has left.
(c) If he will be angry with him.
(d) If he would be upset, once he realizes his son is missing.
5. What wakes Mafatu at midnight?
(b) A great thunderous noise.
(c) Kivi's call.
(d) Uri's wimpering.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the other fishermen do after turning their canoes around?
2. Who is the only person who has ever been nice to the outcast boy?
3. Why does Mafatu wonder how he could be a brave leader?
4. How do the other fishermen feel about her decision?
5. What makes Mafatu feel all but worthless?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)