|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 The Sea.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mafatu react when he finally realizes how truly isolated he is?
(b) Gripped by terror.
(c) Slightly nervous.
(d) Relaxed for the first time.
2. Who does Mafatu begin to follow?
(c) His father.
3. How do the other fishermen feel about her decision?
4. Years later, what is Mafatu left wondering?
(a) When he will see his mother again.
(b) Where his mother has gone.
(c) How he is ever going to become a fisherman.
(d) Why his mother stayed on the sea.
5. Why does Mafatu wonder how he could be a brave leader?
(a) If he is afraid to use weapons.
(b) If he does not know how to fish.
(c) If he is not strong enough.
(d) If he is afraid to venture past the water's edge.
Short Answer Questions
1. Soon, what comes?
2. How long do they stay in the sea?
3. Who emerges from the water, sopping wet?
4. Who is the only person who has ever been nice to the outcast boy?
5. What no longer hangs around his neck?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)