|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 The Sea.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are they end up in the churning sea?
(a) When Mafatu's mother jumps overboard.
(b) When the boat collapses.
(c) When the boat begins to leak.
(d) When their boat capsizes.
2. Why can Mafatu stand up?
(a) Maui is holding his hand.
(b) Uri helps him.
(c) There is sand beneath his feet.
(d) His mother's spirit stands him up.
3. What does Mafatu realize when he is shocked into full awareness by the cold water?
(a) He is drowning.
(b) How far away from home he is.
(c) He cannot find his dog.
(d) He has hit his head.
4. Why does Mafatu's mother struggle to feed him?
(a) She is full of fear.
(b) The food is hard to get to.
(c) She is incredibly weak from the long battle.
(d) She wants the food for herself.
5. What happens as the current gets quicker?
(a) The wind begins to pick up.
(b) The canoe moves faster.
(c) Kivi returns.
(d) Uri falls in the water.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does Mafatu search?
2. What does the current do to their canoe?
3. Who treats Mafatu poorly?
4. What has happened when Mafatu attempts to overcome his fear?
5. Why does Mafatu forget about being hungry and thirsty?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)