|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 The Sea.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mafatu afraid will disappear, if he takes his eyes off of it?
(b) Uri's body.
(c) His father's canoe.
(d) The wedge of land rising out of the sea.
2. What makes Mafatu feel all but worthless?
(a) The silence and disapproval of his father.
(b) His lack of a mother.
(c) His inability to fight.
(d) His lack of knowledge about fishing.
3. How do the other fishermen feel about her decision?
4. Why does the sight of a shark swimming nearby not stop him?
(a) The water is so cold.
(b) He is hungry.
(c) He is driven by a will to live.
(d) He wants to find Uri.
5. Years later, what is Mafatu left wondering?
(a) How he is ever going to become a fisherman.
(b) Why his mother stayed on the sea.
(c) Where his mother has gone.
(d) When he will see his mother again.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the current do to their canoe?
2. What does Mafatu hear some of the other boys calling his crafty work?
3. What does Kivi do after flying overhead?
4. What does Mafatu's experience with the sea tell him?
5. What happens to Mafatu's mother after raising the coconut to her son's lips?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)