|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 The Sea.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Mafatu feel all but worthless?
(a) His inability to fight.
(b) The silence and disapproval of his father.
(c) His lack of a mother.
(d) His lack of knowledge about fishing.
2. From what does Mafatu drink?
(a) The sea.
(b) One of the green drinking nuts.
(c) A canteen.
(d) A coconut.
3. What happens just as suddenly?
(a) The canoe stops moving.
(b) The wind dies down and the sea is still again.
(c) Uri climbs back in the canoe.
(d) Kivi leaves again.
4. What has Mafatu resolved to do this year?
(a) Tell his father how he feels.
(b) Shrug off his restraints and face his fear.
(c) Leave home.
(d) Learn a new skill.
5. What does the sky cast upon the tiny canoe?
(c) Thunder and lightning.
(d) A shadow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is coming their way?
2. What does Mafatu have to endure?
3. What does Mafatu realize when he is shocked into full awareness by the cold water?
4. Why does the sight of a shark swimming nearby not stop him?
5. How long do they stay in the sea?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)