|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 The Sea.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Mafatu relegated to the shoreline?
(a) His father worries about him.
(b) He is perceived to be a bringer of bad luck.
(c) There are too many fishermen.
(d) He is not skilled enough to fish.
2. What does Mafatu's experience with the sea tell him?
(a) There is a school of fish below him.
(b) He can drink the water.
(c) The sharks are circling him.
(d) There is a storm coming.
3. Who emerges from the water, sopping wet?
(d) His father.
4. What is Mafatu soon amazed to see?
(a) More birds.
(b) Land in the distance.
(c) Fresh water.
(d) A cloudless sky.
5. What makes Mafatu feel all but worthless?
(a) His inability to fight.
(b) His lack of a mother.
(c) His lack of knowledge about fishing.
(d) The silence and disapproval of his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mafatu convinced will swallow him up?
2. Against what do the fishermen warn her?
3. What does Mafatu wonder about his father, Tavana Nui?
4. What does Mafatu discover when he surveys the situation?
5. The situation becomes very reminiscent of what?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)