|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 The Sea.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What wakes Mafatu at midnight?
(a) A great thunderous noise.
(b) Kivi's call.
(c) Uri's wimpering.
2. What does Mafatu realize when he is shocked into full awareness by the cold water?
(a) He cannot find his dog.
(b) How far away from home he is.
(c) He has hit his head.
(d) He is drowning.
3. Years later, what is Mafatu left wondering?
(a) When he will see his mother again.
(b) How he is ever going to become a fisherman.
(c) Why his mother stayed on the sea.
(d) Where his mother has gone.
4. What does Mafatu discover when he surveys the situation?
(a) Kivi is calling to him.
(b) A shark is circling his canoe.
(c) Uri is nowhere to be found.
(d) Uri is choking for air, stuck under the bow.
5. Why does Mafatu wonder how he could be a brave leader?
(a) If he is not strong enough.
(b) If he does not know how to fish.
(c) If he is afraid to venture past the water's edge.
(d) If he is afraid to use weapons.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the only person who has ever been nice to the outcast boy?
2. What does the boy do when he flings himself onto the floor of the canoe?
3. For what does Mafatu search?
4. Who treats Mafatu poorly?
5. What is Mafatu resolved to do?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)