|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 The Sea.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The next day shows what?
(a) More signs of stormy weather.
(b) No signs of the previous night's storm.
(c) Fish to catch.
(d) An island nearby.
2. The situation becomes very reminiscent of what?
(a) Hurrican weather.
(b) The tragic day when Mafatu's mother died.
(d) The storms in his dreams.
3. What happens to Mafatu's mother after raising the coconut to her son's lips?
(a) She dies.
(b) The other fishermen save her.
(c) She drinks from the coconut.
(d) She loses conciousness.
4. What is Mafatu resolved to do?
(a) Run away.
(b) Never to return to Hikueru unless he is successful in his pursuit.
(c) Tell the boys what he thinks of their work.
(d) Continue doing what he loves.
5. What is Mafatu soon amazed to see?
(a) More birds.
(b) Land in the distance.
(c) Fresh water.
(d) A cloudless sky.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is coming their way?
2. With what is Mafatu suddenly filled?
3. What does Kivi do after flying overhead?
4. What does the boy do when he flings himself onto the floor of the canoe?
5. Why does Mafatu decide to do this?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)