|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 The Sea.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The next day shows what?
(a) Fish to catch.
(b) No signs of the previous night's storm.
(c) More signs of stormy weather.
(d) An island nearby.
2. What does Mafatu wonder about his father, Tavana Nui?
(a) If he will follow him.
(b) If he will be angry with him.
(c) It he will be relieved that his son has left.
(d) If he would be upset, once he realizes his son is missing.
3. What does Uri do for Mafatu?
(a) He steers the canoe.
(b) He catches fish.
(c) His thumping tail provides comfort and reassurance.
(d) He licks his face.
4. From what does Mafatu drink?
(a) One of the green drinking nuts.
(b) The sea.
(c) A canteen.
(d) A coconut.
5. How does Mafatu's mother respond to the fishermen?
(a) She heeds their warning.
(b) She changes her mind and follows them.
(c) She pays them no attention.
(d) She laughs at them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mafatu realize when he is shocked into full awareness by the cold water?
2. Suddenly, what does the bird do?
3. What does Mafatu have to endure?
4. What is Mafatu resolved to do?
5. What does Mafatu do by the shoreline?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)