|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 The Sea.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what is Mafatu suddenly filled?
2. What would cause Mafatu to lose his spear or line?
(a) The rough seas.
(b) A large fish.
(c) Other children.
(d) Bad memories would take over his hands.
3. Soon, what comes?
(a) Another storm.
(b) His father.
(d) Another night.
4. How are they end up in the churning sea?
(a) When the boat begins to leak.
(b) When the boat collapses.
(c) When their boat capsizes.
(d) When Mafatu's mother jumps overboard.
5. Why does Mafatu's mother take him out to the barrier reef?
(a) To catch fish.
(b) To look for his father.
(c) To swim through the coral.
(d) To look for sea urchins.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what is Mafatu getting no relief?
2. What does Mafatu hear some of the other boys calling his crafty work?
3. What makes Mafatu feel all but worthless?
4. Against what do the fishermen warn her?
5. The situation becomes very reminiscent of what?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)