|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 The Sea.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the only person who has ever been nice to the outcast boy?
(a) His mother.
(c) His goddess.
(d) His father.
2. What does the sky cast upon the tiny canoe?
(b) Thunder and lightning.
(d) A shadow.
3. What does Mafatu realize when he is shocked into full awareness by the cold water?
(a) He cannot find his dog.
(b) How far away from home he is.
(c) He is drowning.
(d) He has hit his head.
4. What happens to the tiny canoe?
(a) It spins in a circle.
(b) It speeds up.
(c) It is lifted into the air and torn to splinters on the reef.
(d) It tips over.
5. Why does Mafatu decide to do this?
(a) In order to have a better relationship with his father.
(b) To be more helpful.
(c) To get away from those who tease him.
(d) In order to prove his worth as a fisherman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mafatu resolved to do?
2. Against what do the fishermen warn her?
3. How does Mafatu's mother respond to the fishermen?
4. The next day shows what?
5. What does Mafatu discover when he surveys the situation?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)