|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 The Sea.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what is Mafatu suddenly filled?
2. Who might his father think had taken his son?
(a) His mother's spirit.
(c) Maui, the Goddess of Fishermen.
(d) Moana, the Sea God.
3. How are they end up in the churning sea?
(a) When the boat collapses.
(b) When Mafatu's mother jumps overboard.
(c) When their boat capsizes.
(d) When the boat begins to leak.
4. What makes Mafatu feel all but worthless?
(a) His lack of knowledge about fishing.
(b) The silence and disapproval of his father.
(c) His lack of a mother.
(d) His inability to fight.
5. What is Mafatu soon amazed to see?
(a) A cloudless sky.
(b) More birds.
(c) Fresh water.
(d) Land in the distance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has happened when Mafatu attempts to overcome his fear?
2. Why can Mafatu stand up?
3. What would cause Mafatu to lose his spear or line?
4. What happens eventually and gradually?
5. What does Uri do for Mafatu?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)