|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 The Sea.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Mafatu relegated to the shoreline?
(a) He is perceived to be a bringer of bad luck.
(b) His father worries about him.
(c) There are too many fishermen.
(d) He is not skilled enough to fish.
2. What does Kivi do after flying overhead?
(a) Calls to Mafatu.
(b) Lands on the canoe.
(c) Flies home.
(d) Turns and flies south, leading the way.
3. What is coming their way?
(a) A tidal wave.
(b) A group of warriors.
(c) A storm.
(d) His father.
4. What does Mafatu's mother finally decide to do?
(a) Head back to shore.
(b) Continue looking for sea urchins.
(c) Send Mafatu with the other fishermen.
(d) Continue to fish.
5. With what is Mafatu suddenly filled?
Short Answer Questions
1. The situation becomes very reminiscent of what?
2. What does Mafatu hear some of the other boys calling his crafty work?
3. Years later, what is Mafatu left wondering?
4. How does Mafatu feel about the sea?
5. How does Mafatu react when he finally realizes how truly isolated he is?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)