|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 The Sea.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the current do to their canoe?
(a) It takes hold of it.
(b) It spins it around.
(c) It pushes it towards the other canoes.
(d) It goes around it.
2. What wakes Mafatu at midnight?
(a) Kivi's call.
(b) Uri's wimpering.
(c) A great thunderous noise.
3. What is Mafatu afraid will disappear, if he takes his eyes off of it?
(a) His father's canoe.
(b) The wedge of land rising out of the sea.
(c) Uri's body.
4. What does Mafatu recall for the reader?
(a) A life-changing event that happened to him early in his childhood.
(b) A miracle that occurred early in his childhood.
(c) How he became a member of the tribe.
(d) When his father grew a heart.
5. What does the sky cast upon the tiny canoe?
(b) Thunder and lightning.
(d) A shadow.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where has a current formed?
2. What is Mafatu convinced will swallow him up?
3. Why does Mafatu's mother struggle to feed him?
4. Why does Mafatu's mother take him out to the barrier reef?
5. Why does Mafatu decide to do this?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)