|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 The Sea.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Uri do for Mafatu?
(a) He catches fish.
(b) He licks his face.
(c) He steers the canoe.
(d) His thumping tail provides comfort and reassurance.
2. What does Mafatu recall for the reader?
(a) How he became a member of the tribe.
(b) A miracle that occurred early in his childhood.
(c) When his father grew a heart.
(d) A life-changing event that happened to him early in his childhood.
3. Soon, what comes?
(a) Another storm.
(b) His father.
(d) Another night.
4. Why does Mafatu forget about being hungry and thirsty?
(a) He sees his goddess.
(b) Uri has fallen in the water.
(c) His father's canoe is behind him.
(d) The sight of land spurring him onward.
5. What is Mafatu soon amazed to see?
(a) Fresh water.
(b) Land in the distance.
(c) More birds.
(d) A cloudless sky.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Mafatu pray?
2. What danger do they survive?
3. What do the other fishermen do after turning their canoes around?
4. What does Mafatu realize when he is shocked into full awareness by the cold water?
5. What no longer hangs around his neck?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)