|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 The Sea.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the tiny canoe?
(a) It is lifted into the air and torn to splinters on the reef.
(b) It spins in a circle.
(c) It speeds up.
(d) It tips over.
2. Why does Mafatu's mother take him out to the barrier reef?
(a) To swim through the coral.
(b) To catch fish.
(c) To look for sea urchins.
(d) To look for his father.
3. What does Mafatu discover when he surveys the situation?
(a) Uri is choking for air, stuck under the bow.
(b) A shark is circling his canoe.
(c) Kivi is calling to him.
(d) Uri is nowhere to be found.
4. What is coming their way?
(a) His father.
(b) A storm.
(c) A tidal wave.
(d) A group of warriors.
5. How does Mafatu react when he finally realizes how truly isolated he is?
(a) Relaxed for the first time.
(c) Slightly nervous.
(d) Gripped by terror.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gives them relief from the heat?
2. Why does Mafatu decide to do this?
3. What is Mafatu convinced will swallow him up?
4. Why does Mafatu's mother struggle to feed him?
5. What do the other fishermen do after turning their canoes around?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)