|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 The Sea.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the tiny canoe?
(a) It spins in a circle.
(b) It is lifted into the air and torn to splinters on the reef.
(c) It tips over.
(d) It speeds up.
2. What happens just as suddenly?
(a) The wind dies down and the sea is still again.
(b) Kivi leaves again.
(c) Uri climbs back in the canoe.
(d) The canoe stops moving.
3. The situation becomes very reminiscent of what?
(b) Hurrican weather.
(c) The tragic day when Mafatu's mother died.
(d) The storms in his dreams.
4. What makes Mafatu feel all but worthless?
(a) His lack of a mother.
(b) His inability to fight.
(c) His lack of knowledge about fishing.
(d) The silence and disapproval of his father.
5. What does Mafatu discover when he surveys the situation?
(a) Uri is choking for air, stuck under the bow.
(b) Kivi is calling to him.
(c) Uri is nowhere to be found.
(d) A shark is circling his canoe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mafatu's mother decide to do?
2. What does Mafatu recall for the reader?
3. Why does Mafatu's mother take him out to the barrier reef?
4. What does Mafatu wonder about his father, Tavana Nui?
5. Soon, what comes?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)