|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 The Sea.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mafatu decide to do this?
(a) To get away from those who tease him.
(b) In order to have a better relationship with his father.
(c) In order to prove his worth as a fisherman.
(d) To be more helpful.
2. What does the boy do when he flings himself onto the floor of the canoe?
(a) He cuts his arm.
(b) He hugs Uri.
(c) He screams.
(d) He buries his face in his arms, crying.
3. Soon, what comes?
(a) Another night.
(c) Another storm.
(d) His father.
4. Where has a current formed?
(a) By the shoulder of the reef passage.
(b) Around her canoe.
(c) On the other side of the reef.
(d) By the other canoes.
5. What happens eventually and gradually?
(a) The storm picks up.
(b) Mafatu becomes more nervous.
(c) The sun sets.
(d) The storm lets up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Mafatu feel all but worthless?
2. Why does the sight of a shark swimming nearby not stop him?
3. What has happened when Mafatu attempts to overcome his fear?
4. What is Mafatu resolved to do?
5. Why does Mafatu wonder how he could be a brave leader?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)