|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 The Sea.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the only person who has ever been nice to the outcast boy?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(c) His goddess.
2. What happens just as suddenly?
(a) Uri climbs back in the canoe.
(b) The wind dies down and the sea is still again.
(c) Kivi leaves again.
(d) The canoe stops moving.
3. What would cause Mafatu to lose his spear or line?
(a) A large fish.
(b) Bad memories would take over his hands.
(c) The rough seas.
(d) Other children.
4. What makes Mafatu feel all but worthless?
(a) His lack of knowledge about fishing.
(b) His lack of a mother.
(c) His inability to fight.
(d) The silence and disapproval of his father.
5. What has Mafatu resolved to do this year?
(a) Learn a new skill.
(b) Shrug off his restraints and face his fear.
(c) Leave home.
(d) Tell his father how he feels.
Short Answer Questions
1. What no longer hangs around his neck?
2. How long do they stay in the sea?
3. From what is Mafatu getting no relief?
4. How does Mafatu react when he finally realizes how truly isolated he is?
5. What does Mafatu wonder about his father, Tavana Nui?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)