|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 The Sea.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mafatu resolved to do?
(a) Tell the boys what he thinks of their work.
(b) Run away.
(c) Never to return to Hikueru unless he is successful in his pursuit.
(d) Continue doing what he loves.
2. From what is Mafatu getting no relief?
(a) Uri's whining.
(b) The blistering sun and thirst.
(c) His hunger.
(d) His fear.
3. What is Mafatu afraid will disappear, if he takes his eyes off of it?
(a) His father's canoe.
(c) The wedge of land rising out of the sea.
(d) Uri's body.
4. What does Mafatu realize when he is shocked into full awareness by the cold water?
(a) He is drowning.
(b) He cannot find his dog.
(c) How far away from home he is.
(d) He has hit his head.
5. Soon, what comes?
(a) Another night.
(c) Another storm.
(d) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mafatu's mother finally decide to do?
2. Who does Mafatu begin to follow?
3. How does Mafatu's mother respond to the fishermen?
4. What does the boy do when he flings himself onto the floor of the canoe?
5. Into what does he throw "half a dozen green drinking nuts and his fish spear?"
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)