|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 The Sea.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Into what does he throw "half a dozen green drinking nuts and his fish spear?"
(a) A bag.
(b) A canoe.
(c) A gourd.
(d) A box.
2. Who does Mafatu begin to follow?
(a) His father.
3. What wakes Mafatu at midnight?
(a) Kivi's call.
(c) Uri's wimpering.
(d) A great thunderous noise.
4. What does Mafatu hear some of the other boys calling his crafty work?
(b) Woman's work.
(d) A waste of time.
5. What happens to the tiny canoe?
(a) It tips over.
(b) It speeds up.
(c) It spins in a circle.
(d) It is lifted into the air and torn to splinters on the reef.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mafatu do by the shoreline?
2. Why does Mafatu wonder how he could be a brave leader?
3. What does Mafatu have to endure?
4. How are they end up in the churning sea?
5. How does Mafatu feel?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)