|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 The Sea.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the sky cast upon the tiny canoe?
(a) Thunder and lightning.
(c) A shadow.
2. What is Mafatu resolved to do?
(a) Never to return to Hikueru unless he is successful in his pursuit.
(b) Tell the boys what he thinks of their work.
(c) Run away.
(d) Continue doing what he loves.
3. What is Mafatu convinced will swallow him up?
(a) An underwater cave.
(b) A giant wave starts thundering toward the canoe.
(c) The Sea God.
(d) A giant whale.
4. What does Mafatu do by the shoreline?
(a) He sits and watches the other men.
(b) He prays to the goddess to help him.
(c) He cries.
(d) He fashions spears, nets, and sharkline for the other young boys to use.
5. What is Mafatu amazed and relieved to discover?
(a) The storm was not very strong.
(b) He has survived.
(c) No whales were around him.
(d) The hail lasted only a moment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mafatu have to endure?
2. With what is Mafatu suddenly filled?
3. What is it time for the boys to do?
4. What happens to Mafatu's mother after raising the coconut to her son's lips?
5. What does Mafatu's experience with the sea tell him?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)