|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 The Sea.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the other fishermen do after turning their canoes around?
(a) They find a new place to fish.
(b) They head for the safety of dry land.
(c) They slowly head back home.
(d) They count their catch.
2. What has happened when Mafatu attempts to overcome his fear?
(a) He does not have the skills to overcome his fear.
(b) He is overcome by the power of the sea to intimidate him.
(c) Everyone laughs at him.
(d) He is only successful for a little while.
3. Who emerges from the water, sopping wet?
(c) His father.
4. What does Mafatu's mother decide to do?
(a) Send Mafatu with the other men.
(b) Find a new fishing spot.
(c) Brave the elements.
(d) Join the other canoes.
5. What else taunts him?
(a) The fish.
(b) The tribal warriors.
(c) The sea.
(d) His mother, in his dreams.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mafatu convinced will swallow him up?
2. What happens to Mafatu's mother after raising the coconut to her son's lips?
3. The next day shows what?
4. Why is Mafatu relegated to the shoreline?
5. Who treats Mafatu poorly?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)