|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 The Sea.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Mafatu resolved to do this year?
(a) Shrug off his restraints and face his fear.
(b) Leave home.
(c) Learn a new skill.
(d) Tell his father how he feels.
2. What no longer hangs around his neck?
(a) A symbol of the Sea God.
(b) His canteen.
(c) A gift from his father.
(d) His knife.
3. What does Mafatu have to endure?
(a) Sadness from the loss of his mother.
(b) Blame for his mother's death.
(c) Endless mocking and ridicule.
(d) The ridicule from a step-mother.
4. What happens as the current gets quicker?
(a) The wind begins to pick up.
(b) Uri falls in the water.
(c) Kivi returns.
(d) The canoe moves faster.
5. What does Mafatu's mother finally decide to do?
(a) Continue looking for sea urchins.
(b) Send Mafatu with the other fishermen.
(c) Head back to shore.
(d) Continue to fish.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mafatu resolved to do?
2. What else taunts him?
3. What is Mafatu soon amazed to see?
4. What happens to the tiny canoe?
5. The next day shows what?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)