|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 The Sea.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Years later, what is Mafatu left wondering?
(a) Where his mother has gone.
(b) Why his mother stayed on the sea.
(c) When he will see his mother again.
(d) How he is ever going to become a fisherman.
2. What is it time for the boys to do?
(a) Eat a meal.
(b) Go to bed.
(c) Prepare for fishing.
(d) Say a prayer.
3. To whom does Mafatu pray?
(a) His mother.
(c) Maui, Goddess of the Fisherman.
(d) Moana, the Sea God.
4. What is Mafatu soon amazed to see?
(a) More birds.
(b) A cloudless sky.
(c) Fresh water.
(d) Land in the distance.
5. For what does Mafatu search?
(a) Signs of a storm.
(b) Signs of Kivi.
(c) Signs of land.
(d) Signs of fish.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mafatu relegated to the shoreline?
2. How does Mafatu feel about the sea?
3. Who might his father think had taken his son?
4. What does the boy do when he flings himself onto the floor of the canoe?
5. What makes Mafatu feel all but worthless?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)