|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 The Sea.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mafatu's mother struggle to feed him?
(a) The food is hard to get to.
(b) She wants the food for herself.
(c) She is full of fear.
(d) She is incredibly weak from the long battle.
2. What is Mafatu afraid will disappear, if he takes his eyes off of it?
(b) Uri's body.
(c) The wedge of land rising out of the sea.
(d) His father's canoe.
3. What does Mafatu's mother finally decide to do?
(a) Send Mafatu with the other fishermen.
(b) Head back to shore.
(c) Continue to fish.
(d) Continue looking for sea urchins.
4. Why can Mafatu stand up?
(a) Maui is holding his hand.
(b) Uri helps him.
(c) There is sand beneath his feet.
(d) His mother's spirit stands him up.
5. What does Mafatu hear some of the other boys calling his crafty work?
(a) Woman's work.
(b) A waste of time.
Short Answer Questions
1. Years later, what is Mafatu left wondering?
2. Who might his father think had taken his son?
3. What happens as the current gets quicker?
4. What gives them relief from the heat?
5. Into what does he throw "half a dozen green drinking nuts and his fish spear?"
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)