|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 The Sea.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the sight of a shark swimming nearby not stop him?
(a) He wants to find Uri.
(b) He is driven by a will to live.
(c) He is hungry.
(d) The water is so cold.
2. How does Mafatu feel about the sea?
3. What does Kivi do after flying overhead?
(a) Flies home.
(b) Calls to Mafatu.
(c) Lands on the canoe.
(d) Turns and flies south, leading the way.
4. What does Mafatu's mother decide to do?
(a) Brave the elements.
(b) Send Mafatu with the other men.
(c) Join the other canoes.
(d) Find a new fishing spot.
5. What does Mafatu's mother finally decide to do?
(a) Head back to shore.
(b) Continue looking for sea urchins.
(c) Send Mafatu with the other fishermen.
(d) Continue to fish.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mafatu realize when he is shocked into full awareness by the cold water?
2. What gives them relief from the heat?
3. What does the current do to their canoe?
4. With what is Mafatu suddenly filled?
5. What does Mafatu hear some of the other boys calling his crafty work?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)