|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1 Flight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mafatu's mother take him out to the barrier reef?
(a) To look for his father.
(b) To look for sea urchins.
(c) To catch fish.
(d) To swim through the coral.
2. How do the other fishermen feel about her decision?
3. What does Mafatu do by the shoreline?
(a) He prays to the goddess to help him.
(b) He fashions spears, nets, and sharkline for the other young boys to use.
(c) He cries.
(d) He sits and watches the other men.
4. What is Mafatu resolved to do?
(a) Continue doing what he loves.
(b) Tell the boys what he thinks of their work.
(c) Never to return to Hikueru unless he is successful in his pursuit.
(d) Run away.
5. Years later, what is Mafatu left wondering?
(a) Why his mother stayed on the sea.
(b) How he is ever going to become a fisherman.
(c) When he will see his mother again.
(d) Where his mother has gone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mafatu wonder how he could be a brave leader?
2. What is it time for the boys to do?
3. What makes Mafatu feel all but worthless?
4. How does Mafatu's mother respond to the fishermen?
5. What would cause Mafatu to lose his spear or line?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)