|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1 Flight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Years later, what is Mafatu left wondering?
(a) How he is ever going to become a fisherman.
(b) When he will see his mother again.
(c) Why his mother stayed on the sea.
(d) Where his mother has gone.
2. What does Mafatu's mother decide to do?
(a) Join the other canoes.
(b) Brave the elements.
(c) Find a new fishing spot.
(d) Send Mafatu with the other men.
3. Why does Mafatu's mother take him out to the barrier reef?
(a) To look for sea urchins.
(b) To look for his father.
(c) To catch fish.
(d) To swim through the coral.
4. Against what do the fishermen warn her?
(a) Fishing at night.
(b) Fishing too close to the reef.
(c) Staying out in the water.
(d) Catching sea urchins.
5. Why does Mafatu decide to do this?
(a) To be more helpful.
(b) In order to have a better relationship with his father.
(c) In order to prove his worth as a fisherman.
(d) To get away from those who tease him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What danger do they survive?
2. How does Mafatu feel about his inability to conquer his fears?
3. What has Mafatu resolved to do this year?
4. Who treats Mafatu poorly?
5. Why is Mafatu relegated to the shoreline?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)