|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1 Flight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it time for the boys to do?
(a) Prepare for fishing.
(b) Eat a meal.
(c) Say a prayer.
(d) Go to bed.
2. How are they end up in the churning sea?
(a) When the boat begins to leak.
(b) When Mafatu's mother jumps overboard.
(c) When the boat collapses.
(d) When their boat capsizes.
3. What has happened when Mafatu attempts to overcome his fear?
(a) He does not have the skills to overcome his fear.
(b) Everyone laughs at him.
(c) He is overcome by the power of the sea to intimidate him.
(d) He is only successful for a little while.
4. Why does Mafatu's mother struggle to feed him?
(a) She is full of fear.
(b) The food is hard to get to.
(c) She wants the food for herself.
(d) She is incredibly weak from the long battle.
5. Years later, what is Mafatu left wondering?
(a) How he is ever going to become a fisherman.
(b) Why his mother stayed on the sea.
(c) Where his mother has gone.
(d) When he will see his mother again.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mafatu do by the shoreline?
2. What does Mafatu have to endure?
3. How do the other fishermen feel about her decision?
4. Where has a current formed?
5. How does Mafatu feel about his inability to conquer his fears?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)