|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1 Flight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has happened when Mafatu attempts to overcome his fear?
(a) He is overcome by the power of the sea to intimidate him.
(b) Everyone laughs at him.
(c) He does not have the skills to overcome his fear.
(d) He is only successful for a little while.
2. What does the current do to their canoe?
(a) It spins it around.
(b) It takes hold of it.
(c) It goes around it.
(d) It pushes it towards the other canoes.
3. What does Mafatu's mother finally decide to do?
(a) Continue looking for sea urchins.
(b) Continue to fish.
(c) Head back to shore.
(d) Send Mafatu with the other fishermen.
4. Why does Mafatu wonder how he could be a brave leader?
(a) If he does not know how to fish.
(b) If he is afraid to use weapons.
(c) If he is not strong enough.
(d) If he is afraid to venture past the water's edge.
5. How does Mafatu's mother respond to the fishermen?
(a) She pays them no attention.
(b) She heeds their warning.
(c) She laughs at them.
(d) She changes her mind and follows them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Against what do the fishermen warn her?
2. Why does Mafatu's mother struggle to feed him?
3. Who is the only person who has ever been nice to the outcast boy?
4. What does Mafatu's mother decide to do?
5. Why is Mafatu relegated to the shoreline?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)