|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1 Flight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What danger do they survive?
(c) The sharks circling around them.
2. What does Mafatu's mother decide to do?
(a) Send Mafatu with the other men.
(b) Join the other canoes.
(c) Find a new fishing spot.
(d) Brave the elements.
3. How does Mafatu's mother respond to the fishermen?
(a) She pays them no attention.
(b) She laughs at them.
(c) She changes her mind and follows them.
(d) She heeds their warning.
4. Why is Mafatu relegated to the shoreline?
(a) He is perceived to be a bringer of bad luck.
(b) His father worries about him.
(c) He is not skilled enough to fish.
(d) There are too many fishermen.
5. What does Mafatu recall for the reader?
(a) A miracle that occurred early in his childhood.
(b) A life-changing event that happened to him early in his childhood.
(c) How he became a member of the tribe.
(d) When his father grew a heart.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mafatu decide to do this?
2. How long do they stay in the sea?
3. What do the other fishermen do after turning their canoes around?
4. What has Mafatu resolved to do this year?
5. What does Mafatu have to endure?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)