|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1 Flight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mafatu's mother respond to the fishermen?
(a) She changes her mind and follows them.
(b) She heeds their warning.
(c) She laughs at them.
(d) She pays them no attention.
2. Who treats Mafatu poorly?
(a) His teachers.
(b) The other children.
(c) His father and the other children in the village.
(d) His step-mother.
3. What else taunts him?
(a) The sea.
(b) His mother, in his dreams.
(c) The tribal warriors.
(d) The fish.
4. How long do they stay in the sea?
(a) Two days.
(b) For the whole of the night.
(c) For a few hours.
(d) One week.
5. What has Mafatu resolved to do this year?
(a) Tell his father how he feels.
(b) Shrug off his restraints and face his fear.
(c) Learn a new skill.
(d) Leave home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mafatu have to endure?
2. How does Mafatu feel about his inability to conquer his fears?
3. How are they end up in the churning sea?
4. What does Mafatu recall for the reader?
5. What do the other fishermen do after turning their canoes around?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)