|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1 Flight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mafatu hear some of the other boys calling his crafty work?
(b) A waste of time.
(c) Woman's work.
2. What makes Mafatu feel all but worthless?
(a) His inability to fight.
(b) The silence and disapproval of his father.
(c) His lack of a mother.
(d) His lack of knowledge about fishing.
3. How does Mafatu feel about his inability to conquer his fears?
(a) Anxious to try again.
(b) Unfulfilled and ashamed.
(c) Nervous and shy.
(d) Slightly embarrassed but eager to keep attempting.
4. How does Mafatu feel about the sea?
5. Why does Mafatu decide to do this?
(a) To be more helpful.
(b) In order to prove his worth as a fisherman.
(c) To get away from those who tease him.
(d) In order to have a better relationship with his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would cause Mafatu to lose his spear or line?
2. What is coming their way?
3. How do the other fishermen feel about her decision?
4. What danger do they survive?
5. Why is Mafatu relegated to the shoreline?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)