|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1 Flight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mafatu wonder how he could be a brave leader?
(a) If he is not strong enough.
(b) If he is afraid to use weapons.
(c) If he is afraid to venture past the water's edge.
(d) If he does not know how to fish.
2. What is Mafatu resolved to do?
(a) Tell the boys what he thinks of their work.
(b) Never to return to Hikueru unless he is successful in his pursuit.
(c) Run away.
(d) Continue doing what he loves.
3. Why is Mafatu relegated to the shoreline?
(a) There are too many fishermen.
(b) He is not skilled enough to fish.
(c) He is perceived to be a bringer of bad luck.
(d) His father worries about him.
4. Where has a current formed?
(a) By the other canoes.
(b) By the shoulder of the reef passage.
(c) On the other side of the reef.
(d) Around her canoe.
5. How are they end up in the churning sea?
(a) When the boat begins to leak.
(b) When their boat capsizes.
(c) When Mafatu's mother jumps overboard.
(d) When the boat collapses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mafatu's mother finally decide to do?
2. What is it time for the boys to do?
3. Who is the only person who has ever been nice to the outcast boy?
4. Why does Mafatu decide to do this?
5. What does Mafatu's mother decide to do?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)