|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1 Flight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Against what do the fishermen warn her?
(a) Fishing at night.
(b) Fishing too close to the reef.
(c) Catching sea urchins.
(d) Staying out in the water.
2. What does Mafatu do by the shoreline?
(a) He sits and watches the other men.
(b) He cries.
(c) He fashions spears, nets, and sharkline for the other young boys to use.
(d) He prays to the goddess to help him.
3. What is coming their way?
(a) A group of warriors.
(b) A storm.
(c) A tidal wave.
(d) His father.
4. What does Mafatu recall for the reader?
(a) A life-changing event that happened to him early in his childhood.
(b) When his father grew a heart.
(c) A miracle that occurred early in his childhood.
(d) How he became a member of the tribe.
5. What does the current do to their canoe?
(a) It spins it around.
(b) It pushes it towards the other canoes.
(c) It goes around it.
(d) It takes hold of it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mafatu's mother take him out to the barrier reef?
2. Who treats Mafatu poorly?
3. What happens to Mafatu's mother after raising the coconut to her son's lips?
4. Where has a current formed?
5. How does Mafatu feel about his inability to conquer his fears?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)