|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1 Flight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would cause Mafatu to lose his spear or line?
(a) Bad memories would take over his hands.
(b) Other children.
(c) A large fish.
(d) The rough seas.
2. What happens to Mafatu's mother after raising the coconut to her son's lips?
(a) She loses conciousness.
(b) She dies.
(c) She drinks from the coconut.
(d) The other fishermen save her.
3. What has Mafatu resolved to do this year?
(a) Shrug off his restraints and face his fear.
(b) Tell his father how he feels.
(c) Leave home.
(d) Learn a new skill.
4. What is Mafatu resolved to do?
(a) Continue doing what he loves.
(b) Never to return to Hikueru unless he is successful in his pursuit.
(c) Tell the boys what he thinks of their work.
(d) Run away.
5. Into what does he throw "half a dozen green drinking nuts and his fish spear?"
(a) A canoe.
(b) A gourd.
(c) A bag.
(d) A box.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mafatu's mother finally decide to do?
2. Why does Mafatu wonder how he could be a brave leader?
3. How do the other fishermen feel about her decision?
4. What is it time for the boys to do?
5. How are they end up in the churning sea?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)