|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1 Flight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who treats Mafatu poorly?
(a) The other children.
(b) His teachers.
(c) His father and the other children in the village.
(d) His step-mother.
2. Into what does he throw "half a dozen green drinking nuts and his fish spear?"
(a) A gourd.
(b) A canoe.
(c) A bag.
(d) A box.
3. What is coming their way?
(a) A group of warriors.
(b) A storm.
(c) His father.
(d) A tidal wave.
4. What does the current do to their canoe?
(a) It pushes it towards the other canoes.
(b) It takes hold of it.
(c) It spins it around.
(d) It goes around it.
5. Why does Mafatu's mother struggle to feed him?
(a) The food is hard to get to.
(b) She wants the food for herself.
(c) She is full of fear.
(d) She is incredibly weak from the long battle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mafatu have to endure?
2. Who is the only person who has ever been nice to the outcast boy?
3. Why is Mafatu relegated to the shoreline?
4. What does Mafatu's mother finally decide to do?
5. Where has a current formed?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)