|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1 Flight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mafatu feel about the sea?
2. What do the other fishermen do after turning their canoes around?
(a) They find a new place to fish.
(b) They slowly head back home.
(c) They count their catch.
(d) They head for the safety of dry land.
3. What does the current do to their canoe?
(a) It takes hold of it.
(b) It goes around it.
(c) It pushes it towards the other canoes.
(d) It spins it around.
4. What would cause Mafatu to lose his spear or line?
(a) Bad memories would take over his hands.
(b) Other children.
(c) A large fish.
(d) The rough seas.
5. How does Mafatu's mother respond to the fishermen?
(a) She heeds their warning.
(b) She changes her mind and follows them.
(c) She pays them no attention.
(d) She laughs at them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Mafatu's mother after raising the coconut to her son's lips?
2. What makes Mafatu feel all but worthless?
3. What does Mafatu have to endure?
4. What does Mafatu's mother decide to do?
5. How are they end up in the churning sea?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)