|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 Homeward.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mafatu's mother finally decide to do?
(a) Head back to shore.
(b) Send Mafatu with the other fishermen.
(c) Continue to fish.
(d) Continue looking for sea urchins.
2. To where does he head?
(a) To the banana tree.
(b) To the other side of the island. Back to the idol.
(c) Back to the beach where he had landed earlier that day.
(d) To his canoe.
3. Why does Mafatu decide not to go to his lookout to check for the arrival of the eaters-of-men?
(a) He is too tired.
(b) It wasted too much of his time.
(c) It is scary.
(d) He is afraid.
4. What does Mafatu notice in the distance that gives him hope?
(a) The "lagoon-fire."
5. About what is Mafatu unsure?
(a) Where his friends have gone.
(b) Which island he is on.
(c) What food is safe to eat.
(d) How to hunt.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the hours pass?
2. What does Mafatu spot at the sacred spot?
3. What does he begin to think about killing?
4. How does he feel when he moves a bone?
5. Who does Mafatu begin to follow?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)