Eight Week Quiz F
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 Drums.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Against what do the fishermen warn her?
(a) Fishing at night.
(b) Fishing too close to the reef.
(c) Staying out in the water.
(d) Catching sea urchins.
2. What does Mafatu need to fashion a new canoe?
(b) A palm tree.
(c) An oak tree.
(d) A tamanu tree.
3. When does the tree fall to the ground?
(a) When it yields to Mafatu pulling on the rope.
(b) When a strong wind blows.
(c) When the fire has burned through the trunk.
(d) When it yields to his weight.
4. What happens when a large wave tips the raft at a severe angle?
(a) Kivi falls in the water.
(b) The fish traps fall in the water.
(c) Uri falls into the water.
(d) Mafatu falls in the water.
5. What does Uri do for Mafatu?
(a) His thumping tail provides comfort and reassurance.
(b) He steers the canoe.
(c) He catches fish.
(d) He licks his face.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mafatu spot as he and Uri head toward the reef on the raft?
2. What does Mafatu use to cauterize the wound on his leg?
3. How does he move toward the idol?
4. How does he feel after the climb to the lookout?
5. How does Mafatu feel about his inability to conquer his fears?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)