|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1 Flight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mafatu feel about the sea?
2. What does Mafatu have to endure?
(a) Endless mocking and ridicule.
(b) Sadness from the loss of his mother.
(c) Blame for his mother's death.
(d) The ridicule from a step-mother.
3. What would cause Mafatu to lose his spear or line?
(a) A large fish.
(b) The rough seas.
(c) Other children.
(d) Bad memories would take over his hands.
4. What is it time for the boys to do?
(a) Say a prayer.
(b) Eat a meal.
(c) Go to bed.
(d) Prepare for fishing.
5. What does the current do to their canoe?
(a) It spins it around.
(b) It pushes it towards the other canoes.
(c) It takes hold of it.
(d) It goes around it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mafatu resolved to do?
2. Why does Mafatu wonder how he could be a brave leader?
3. What makes Mafatu feel all but worthless?
4. What happens to Mafatu's mother after raising the coconut to her son's lips?
5. What does Mafatu's mother decide to do?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)