|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 Homeward.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does he move toward the idol?
(a) He glides toward it.
(b) He inches toward it.
(c) He circles it.
(d) He runs toward it.
2. What does Mafatu decide to explore?
(a) The other side of this island.
(b) His side of the island.
(c) The beach.
(d) The sea.
3. How does Mafatu feel about his inability to conquer his fears?
(a) Anxious to try again.
(b) Unfulfilled and ashamed.
(c) Nervous and shy.
(d) Slightly embarrassed but eager to keep attempting.
4. What does Mafatu's mother finally decide to do?
(a) Continue looking for sea urchins.
(b) Continue to fish.
(c) Head back to shore.
(d) Send Mafatu with the other fishermen.
5. What does Uri do for Mafatu?
(a) He catches fish.
(b) He steers the canoe.
(c) His thumping tail provides comfort and reassurance.
(d) He licks his face.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Mafatu climb up into the branches of the tree?
2. What does Mafatu now realize about himself?
3. What does the current do to their canoe?
4. What does he need to make a fishhook?
5. Who is the only person who has ever been nice to the outcast boy?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)