|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 Homeward.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it time for the boys to do?
(a) Go to bed.
(b) Prepare for fishing.
(c) Say a prayer.
(d) Eat a meal.
2. How does Tavana Nui suddenly realize who the boy is?
(a) When Maui tells him it is his son.
(b) Mafatu greets his father by saying, "My father, I have come home."
(c) When the sun comes from behind a cloud.
(d) When Mafatu comes closer.
3. What startles Mafatu?
(a) A wild boar crashing through the bushes.
(b) Uri's barking.
(c) A drumming sound.
(d) Kivi's call.
4. What happens eventually and gradually?
(a) The storm picks up.
(b) The storm lets up.
(c) Mafatu becomes more nervous.
(d) The sun sets.
5. What does Mafatu begin to take care of?
(a) Finding food.
(b) Taking care of Uri.
(c) Building his canoe.
(d) The other myriad tasks that need doing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mafatu discover lying on the beach?
2. What does the boy do when he flings himself onto the floor of the canoe?
3. What is Mafatu afraid will disappear, if he takes his eyes off of it?
4. What happens to the tiny canoe?
5. What would he never again be called?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)