|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 Homeward.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did he initially think that Maui had led him to this island?
(a) So he would be safe.
(b) So he could have a home of his own.
(c) So he could practice his hunting skills.
(d) So she could speak with him.
2. What does Mafatu discover lying on the beach?
(a) A raft.
(b) A man.
(c) The skeleton of a whale.
(d) A shark.
3. What does he wonder about this island?
(a) Where he should build his home.
(b) If there are animals on this island.
(c) If he will ever escape it.
(d) If this is where they offered their sacrifices.
4. As he is looking at another island, what is he astonished to see?
(a) Smoke rising from the trees.
(b) A storm brewing.
(c) Canoes in the distance.
(d) Kivi flying in the sky.
5. What can Mafatu hear?
(a) Uri barking.
(b) The sounds of the sea.
(c) The savages' chanting close behind him.
(d) Kivi calling.
Short Answer Questions
1. What have been recently burned?
2. What does Mafatu do to the shark?
3. What does he resolve?
4. What does he soon do?
5. What does the wind at once become?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)