|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 Homeward.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mafatu afraid will disappear, if he takes his eyes off of it?
(b) Uri's body.
(c) The wedge of land rising out of the sea.
(d) His father's canoe.
2. What would he never again be called?
(a) His father's son.
(b) An unskilled boy.
(c) A member of his tribe.
3. What does Kivi do after flying overhead?
(a) Calls to Mafatu.
(b) Turns and flies south, leading the way.
(c) Flies home.
(d) Lands on the canoe.
4. What is it time for the boys to do?
(a) Prepare for fishing.
(b) Eat a meal.
(c) Say a prayer.
(d) Go to bed.
5. Why did he initially think that Maui had led him to this island?
(a) So he could practice his hunting skills.
(b) So she could speak with him.
(c) So he could have a home of his own.
(d) So he would be safe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mafatu's mother take him out to the barrier reef?
2. Why is Mafatu not ready to find food?
3. What eliminates one fear from Mafatu's mind?
4. What happens as Mafatu's canoe slips through the passage in the barrier-reef?
5. He would be able to return home with a boar's tooth necklace as proof of what?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)