|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 Homeward.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does he need to make a fishhook?
(a) A rock.
(c) A shell.
(d) Some bone.
2. Why can Mafatu stand up?
(a) There is sand beneath his feet.
(b) His mother's spirit stands him up.
(c) Uri helps him.
(d) Maui is holding his hand.
3. What does Uri do for Mafatu?
(a) His thumping tail provides comfort and reassurance.
(b) He licks his face.
(c) He steers the canoe.
(d) He catches fish.
4. What do the other fishermen do after turning their canoes around?
(a) They head for the safety of dry land.
(b) They slowly head back home.
(c) They count their catch.
(d) They find a new place to fish.
5. What does the current do to their canoe?
(a) It goes around it.
(b) It takes hold of it.
(c) It spins it around.
(d) It pushes it towards the other canoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does he praise for bringing him safely to this island and for giving him courage?
2. What does Mafatu do by the shoreline?
3. What does Mafatu's mother finally decide to do?
4. Why does Mafatu decide to do this?
5. Why is he starting to think that perhaps his ending up on this spot was a cruel joke on the part of Moana, the Sea God?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)