|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 Homeward.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mafatu notice about the sound of his chasers?
(a) It is more fervent.
(b) It has grown stronger.
(c) It has changed.
(d) It has diminished.
2. Why does Mafatu build up a large fire?
(a) He is cold.
(b) To burn his trash.
(c) So others will see him.
(d) So that he can heat some stones.
3. The next day, what does Mafatu begin to rebuild?
(a) His shelter.
(b) His friendships.
(c) His canoe.
(d) His life.
4. What startles Mafatu?
(a) A wild boar crashing through the bushes.
(b) A drumming sound.
(c) Uri's barking.
(d) Kivi's call.
5. Why is he starting to think that perhaps his ending up on this spot was a cruel joke on the part of Moana, the Sea God?
(a) Moana will not allow him food.
(b) He will not be able to find shelter.
(c) Moana wants him back in the sea.
(d) Perhaps Moana was upset for having been cheated.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did he initially think that Maui had led him to this island?
2. What is Mafatu convinced will swallow him up?
3. From what is Mafatu getting no relief?
4. What does Mafatu begin fashioning?
5. What does Mafatu use to guide his path?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)