|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 Homeward.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has happened when Mafatu attempts to overcome his fear?
(a) He is only successful for a little while.
(b) He is overcome by the power of the sea to intimidate him.
(c) Everyone laughs at him.
(d) He does not have the skills to overcome his fear.
2. How does Mafatu fell a tree?
(a) By tying a rope to it and pulling on it.
(b) By burning the base of the tree.
(c) With an axe.
(d) By climbing up it and leaning to the side.
3. What does Mafatu notice about the sound of his chasers?
(a) It has diminished.
(b) It has changed.
(c) It has grown stronger.
(d) It is more fervent.
4. What makes Mafatu feel all but worthless?
(a) His lack of knowledge about fishing.
(b) His inability to fight.
(c) The silence and disapproval of his father.
(d) His lack of a mother.
5. What does Mafatu wake up the next morning and remember?
(a) How his mother died.
(b) The crazy events that led him to the beach on which he now lays.
(c) That Uri was injured.
(d) That Kivi never returned.
Short Answer Questions
1. The next day shows what?
2. What does he do when he sees these warriors?
3. What does Mafatu sees after he slides down the lava slide?
4. What frightens Mafatu?
5. Who does he praise for bringing him safely to this island and for giving him courage?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)