|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 Homeward.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does Mafatu search?
(a) Signs of land.
(b) Signs of Kivi.
(c) Signs of a storm.
(d) Signs of fish.
2. What does the sky cast upon the tiny canoe?
(c) A shadow.
(d) Thunder and lightning.
3. How does Mafatu feel about the eaten fish?
(a) Glad that Uri had finally eaten.
(b) Furious at his hours of work gone down the drain.
(c) Slightly irritated.
(d) Upset with Kivi.
4. What does Mafatu begin fashioning?
(a) A canoe.
(b) A lean-to.
(c) Weapons and other useful items.
(d) A spit.
5. What has happened to this legend?
(a) It has grown in popularity.
(b) It has changed many times.
(c) It lives on in the hearts and traditions of the people of Hikueru today.
(d) It no longer is a part of Polynesian culture.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a moto tabu?
2. What does Mafatu now realize about himself?
3. What does Mafatu's mother finally decide to do?
4. What does he want from his town and his father?
5. What happens when a large wave tips the raft at a severe angle?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)