|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 Homeward.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mafatu feel about his inability to conquer his fears?
(a) Slightly embarrassed but eager to keep attempting.
(b) Anxious to try again.
(c) Nervous and shy.
(d) Unfulfilled and ashamed.
2. What does he do after he scrambles to the lookout point?
(a) He dances in the firelight.
(b) He calls for Kivi.
(c) He yells to the men.
(d) He drops to his knees, crawling forward.
3. What is Mafatu convinced will swallow him up?
(a) A giant wave starts thundering toward the canoe.
(b) An underwater cave.
(c) A giant whale.
(d) The Sea God.
4. How does Mafatu fell a tree?
(a) By tying a rope to it and pulling on it.
(b) By climbing up it and leaning to the side.
(c) With an axe.
(d) By burning the base of the tree.
5. What startles Mafatu?
(a) Uri's barking.
(b) A drumming sound.
(c) A wild boar crashing through the bushes.
(d) Kivi's call.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mafatu sit?
2. What does Mafatu use to guide his path?
3. What happens to the tiny canoe?
4. What frightens Mafatu?
5. What makes Mafatu feel all but worthless?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)