|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 Homeward.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does he think about again?
(a) The island is dangerous.
(b) How alone he is.
(c) How hungry he is.
(d) The island he had seen with the smoke rising above the trees.
2. Who might his father think had taken his son?
(a) Maui, the Goddess of Fishermen.
(b) His mother's spirit.
(d) Moana, the Sea God.
3. What is fighting against him?
(a) The wind.
(b) The current.
(c) The heat.
(d) The warriors.
4. What happens as Mafatu begins to fall?
(a) Tavana Nui catches his boy in his arms.
(b) The people move away from him.
(c) Everyone gasps.
(d) He catches himself.
5. What does Mafatu notice about the sound of his chasers?
(a) It is more fervent.
(b) It has diminished.
(c) It has changed.
(d) It has grown stronger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when a large wave tips the raft at a severe angle?
2. Why did he initially think that Maui had led him to this island?
3. To where does he head?
4. What does he use to pull himself up the slope?
5. What does he make out of coconut-tree fronds?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)