|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 Homeward.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it time for the boys to do?
(a) Say a prayer.
(b) Eat a meal.
(c) Prepare for fishing.
(d) Go to bed.
2. Why can Mafatu stand up?
(a) Uri helps him.
(b) His mother's spirit stands him up.
(c) Maui is holding his hand.
(d) There is sand beneath his feet.
3. What else taunts him?
(a) The fish.
(b) The sea.
(c) The tribal warriors.
(d) His mother, in his dreams.
4. What does he soon do?
(a) Climb to the top of a tree.
(b) Finds fresh water.
(c) Reaches the summit of the hill.
(d) Climb to the top of the ladder.
5. What does Mafatu decide to explore?
(a) The other side of this island.
(b) His side of the island.
(c) The beach.
(d) The sea.
Short Answer Questions
1. The situation becomes very reminiscent of what?
2. What does Mafatu's mother decide to do?
3. How do the other fishermen feel about her decision?
4. What is Mafatu resolved to do?
5. What are pulled up on the beach?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)