|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 Homeward.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does he want from his town and his father?
(b) To be left alone.
(c) A job.
(d) To find him.
2. What happens eventually and gradually?
(a) The storm picks up.
(b) The sun sets.
(c) Mafatu becomes more nervous.
(d) The storm lets up.
3. What does Mafatu recall for the reader?
(a) A miracle that occurred early in his childhood.
(b) When his father grew a heart.
(c) How he became a member of the tribe.
(d) A life-changing event that happened to him early in his childhood.
4. What is fighting against him?
(a) The wind.
(b) The heat.
(c) The current.
(d) The warriors.
5. How does Mafatu feel about the eaten fish?
(a) Slightly irritated.
(b) Furious at his hours of work gone down the drain.
(c) Upset with Kivi.
(d) Glad that Uri had finally eaten.
Short Answer Questions
1. What leads toward the sea and to a large clearing?
2. With what is Mafatu suddenly filled?
3. What does Mafatu sees after he slides down the lava slide?
4. What does Mafatu begin fashioning?
5. To whom does Mafatu pray?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)