|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 Homeward.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does he need to make a fishhook?
(a) A shell.
(b) A rock.
(c) Some bone.
2. What does Mafatu begin to take care of?
(a) Finding food.
(b) The other myriad tasks that need doing.
(c) Building his canoe.
(d) Taking care of Uri.
3. What does the Great Chief announce to the crowd?
(a) His son is now to be called "Stout Heart."
(b) His son is dead.
(c) He wants to know what has happened to his son.
(d) He has a new son.
4. What does Mafatu wake up the next morning and remember?
(a) How his mother died.
(b) The crazy events that led him to the beach on which he now lays.
(c) That Kivi never returned.
(d) That Uri was injured.
5. What does he make out of coconut-tree fronds?
(a) A blanket.
(c) A plate.
(d) A lean-to.
Short Answer Questions
1. Suddenly, what does the bird do?
2. What gives them relief from the heat?
3. What does Mafatu recall for the reader?
4. How does he fashion a fish trap?
5. What does Mafatu now realize about himself?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)