|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 Homeward.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mafatu's mother struggle to feed him?
(a) The food is hard to get to.
(b) She wants the food for herself.
(c) She is incredibly weak from the long battle.
(d) She is full of fear.
2. Who emerges from the water, sopping wet?
(a) His father.
3. What does Mafatu begin to take care of?
(a) Finding food.
(b) Building his canoe.
(c) The other myriad tasks that need doing.
(d) Taking care of Uri.
4. What does Mafatu's mother decide to do?
(a) Join the other canoes.
(b) Brave the elements.
(c) Send Mafatu with the other men.
(d) Find a new fishing spot.
5. What does Mafatu do to the shark?
(a) He grabs him.
(b) He stabs him in the belly.
(c) He taunts him.
(d) He pushes on his gills.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the savages' canoes coming around?
2. Why is Mafatu not ready to find food?
3. What has Mafatu resolved to do this year?
4. What does Mafatu need to fashion a new canoe?
5. What does Mafatu discover when he surveys the situation?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)