|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 Homeward.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would he never again be called?
(a) A member of his tribe.
(b) An unskilled boy.
(d) His father's son.
2. What does Mafatu begin to take care of?
(a) The other myriad tasks that need doing.
(b) Finding food.
(c) Taking care of Uri.
(d) Building his canoe.
3. What does Mafatu's mother finally decide to do?
(a) Head back to shore.
(b) Continue to fish.
(c) Continue looking for sea urchins.
(d) Send Mafatu with the other fishermen.
4. What danger do they survive?
(b) The sharks circling around them.
5. What symbolizes the courage it took to approach the sacred idol and seize what he needed?
(a) The vines.
(b) The spearhead.
(c) The clearing.
(d) The banana tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mafatu fell a tree?
2. How long do they stay in the sea?
3. What does Mafatu sees after he slides down the lava slide?
4. Against what do the fishermen warn her?
5. What do the people see?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)