|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 Homeward.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mafatu spot at the sacred spot?
(c) A spearhead.
(d) A knife.
2. What does Mafatu do to the shark?
(a) He pushes on his gills.
(b) He stabs him in the belly.
(c) He grabs him.
(d) He taunts him.
3. What does Uri do for Mafatu?
(a) He licks his face.
(b) He catches fish.
(c) He steers the canoe.
(d) His thumping tail provides comfort and reassurance.
4. What happens eventually and gradually?
(a) The sun sets.
(b) The storm picks up.
(c) The storm lets up.
(d) Mafatu becomes more nervous.
5. Why does the sight of a shark swimming nearby not stop him?
(a) He is driven by a will to live.
(b) He wants to find Uri.
(c) The water is so cold.
(d) He is hungry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Mafatu's mother after raising the coconut to her son's lips?
2. What happens when Mafatu tries to catch his friend?
3. Why does Mafatu decide to do this?
4. Why does Mafatu's mother take him out to the barrier reef?
5. How does Mafatu's mother respond to the fishermen?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)