|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 Homeward.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mafatu begin fashioning?
(a) A spit.
(b) A lean-to.
(c) Weapons and other useful items.
(d) A canoe.
2. What is Mafatu's reaction when the water begins to get turbulent?
(a) He looks for sharks.
(b) He looks for Uri.
(c) He is not scared anymore.
(d) He becomes frightened.
3. Why is he starting to think that perhaps his ending up on this spot was a cruel joke on the part of Moana, the Sea God?
(a) He will not be able to find shelter.
(b) Perhaps Moana was upset for having been cheated.
(c) Moana wants him back in the sea.
(d) Moana will not allow him food.
4. What does Mafatu recall for the reader?
(a) How he became a member of the tribe.
(b) When his father grew a heart.
(c) A life-changing event that happened to him early in his childhood.
(d) A miracle that occurred early in his childhood.
5. How does he feel as he heads out to the reef?
(a) Hoping he can stab the shark.
(c) Secretly hoping he does not encounter the shark.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mafatu use to keep the little canoe moving swiftly away from the black canoes?
2. What has rooted Mafatu to the ground?
3. As he is looking at another island, what is he astonished to see?
4. From what is Mafatu getting no relief?
5. How does Mafatu react when he finally realizes how truly isolated he is?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)