|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 The Sea.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Years later, what is Mafatu left wondering?
(a) How he is ever going to become a fisherman.
(b) When he will see his mother again.
(c) Where his mother has gone.
(d) Why his mother stayed on the sea.
2. What happens to the tiny canoe?
(a) It spins in a circle.
(b) It tips over.
(c) It is lifted into the air and torn to splinters on the reef.
(d) It speeds up.
3. What has Mafatu resolved to do this year?
(a) Leave home.
(b) Learn a new skill.
(c) Shrug off his restraints and face his fear.
(d) Tell his father how he feels.
4. What would cause Mafatu to lose his spear or line?
(a) Other children.
(b) A large fish.
(c) The rough seas.
(d) Bad memories would take over his hands.
5. Why does Mafatu's mother take him out to the barrier reef?
(a) To look for his father.
(b) To swim through the coral.
(c) To catch fish.
(d) To look for sea urchins.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens just as suddenly?
2. Who treats Mafatu poorly?
3. Why does Mafatu's mother struggle to feed him?
4. What no longer hangs around his neck?
5. The situation becomes very reminiscent of what?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)