|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 The Sea.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mafatu's mother decide to do?
(a) Find a new fishing spot.
(b) Brave the elements.
(c) Send Mafatu with the other men.
(d) Join the other canoes.
2. Who might his father think had taken his son?
(a) His mother's spirit.
(b) Moana, the Sea God.
(d) Maui, the Goddess of Fishermen.
3. From what does Mafatu drink?
(a) The sea.
(b) One of the green drinking nuts.
(c) A coconut.
(d) A canteen.
4. Years later, what is Mafatu left wondering?
(a) How he is ever going to become a fisherman.
(b) Why his mother stayed on the sea.
(c) When he will see his mother again.
(d) Where his mother has gone.
5. What has happened when Mafatu attempts to overcome his fear?
(a) He is overcome by the power of the sea to intimidate him.
(b) He does not have the skills to overcome his fear.
(c) He is only successful for a little while.
(d) Everyone laughs at him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mafatu discover when he surveys the situation?
2. What has Mafatu resolved to do this year?
3. What does Mafatu hear some of the other boys calling his crafty work?
4. What happens just as suddenly?
5. How does Mafatu feel?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)