|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 The Sea.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mafatu resolved to do?
(a) Continue doing what he loves.
(b) Never to return to Hikueru unless he is successful in his pursuit.
(c) Run away.
(d) Tell the boys what he thinks of their work.
2. What does Mafatu realize when he is shocked into full awareness by the cold water?
(a) How far away from home he is.
(b) He cannot find his dog.
(c) He has hit his head.
(d) He is drowning.
3. What does Mafatu discover when he surveys the situation?
(a) Uri is nowhere to be found.
(b) Uri is choking for air, stuck under the bow.
(c) Kivi is calling to him.
(d) A shark is circling his canoe.
4. Why does the sight of a shark swimming nearby not stop him?
(a) He is driven by a will to live.
(b) The water is so cold.
(c) He wants to find Uri.
(d) He is hungry.
5. What do the other fishermen do after turning their canoes around?
(a) They slowly head back home.
(b) They head for the safety of dry land.
(c) They find a new place to fish.
(d) They count their catch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Mafatu resolved to do this year?
2. Where has a current formed?
3. How do the other fishermen feel about her decision?
4. What does Uri do for Mafatu?
5. How does Mafatu feel about the sea?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)