|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 The Sea.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the current do to their canoe?
(a) It goes around it.
(b) It spins it around.
(c) It pushes it towards the other canoes.
(d) It takes hold of it.
2. Why does Mafatu decide to do this?
(a) In order to prove his worth as a fisherman.
(b) To get away from those who tease him.
(c) To be more helpful.
(d) In order to have a better relationship with his father.
3. Suddenly, what does the bird do?
(a) He flies away.
(b) Flies to him.
(c) Flies overhead.
(d) Catches a fish.
4. What happens to the tiny canoe?
(a) It is lifted into the air and torn to splinters on the reef.
(b) It tips over.
(c) It spins in a circle.
(d) It speeds up.
5. What danger do they survive?
(c) The sharks circling around them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mafatu's mother decide to do?
2. What is Mafatu soon amazed to see?
3. Years later, what is Mafatu left wondering?
4. What does Mafatu do by the shoreline?
5. How does Mafatu's mother respond to the fishermen?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)