|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 The Sea.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Soon, what comes?
(a) Another night.
(b) Another storm.
(d) His father.
2. What would cause Mafatu to lose his spear or line?
(a) Other children.
(b) A large fish.
(c) The rough seas.
(d) Bad memories would take over his hands.
3. What is Mafatu convinced will swallow him up?
(a) An underwater cave.
(b) The Sea God.
(c) A giant wave starts thundering toward the canoe.
(d) A giant whale.
4. Why can Mafatu stand up?
(a) Maui is holding his hand.
(b) Uri helps him.
(c) There is sand beneath his feet.
(d) His mother's spirit stands him up.
5. Who treats Mafatu poorly?
(a) His teachers.
(b) His father and the other children in the village.
(c) His step-mother.
(d) The other children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mafatu's mother struggle to feed him?
2. What does Mafatu discover when he surveys the situation?
3. What does Mafatu do by the shoreline?
4. What happens to Mafatu's mother after raising the coconut to her son's lips?
5. What do the other fishermen do after turning their canoes around?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)