|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 The Sea.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are they end up in the churning sea?
(a) When their boat capsizes.
(b) When Mafatu's mother jumps overboard.
(c) When the boat collapses.
(d) When the boat begins to leak.
2. What has Mafatu resolved to do this year?
(a) Leave home.
(b) Learn a new skill.
(c) Shrug off his restraints and face his fear.
(d) Tell his father how he feels.
3. What does Mafatu have to endure?
(a) The ridicule from a step-mother.
(b) Sadness from the loss of his mother.
(c) Endless mocking and ridicule.
(d) Blame for his mother's death.
4. Why does Mafatu's mother take him out to the barrier reef?
(a) To look for his father.
(b) To catch fish.
(c) To swim through the coral.
(d) To look for sea urchins.
5. What does Mafatu wonder about his father, Tavana Nui?
(a) If he will follow him.
(b) If he would be upset, once he realizes his son is missing.
(c) If he will be angry with him.
(d) It he will be relieved that his son has left.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mafatu's mother decide to do?
2. What is Mafatu convinced will swallow him up?
3. The next day shows what?
4. Who treats Mafatu poorly?
5. Years later, what is Mafatu left wondering?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)