|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 The Sea.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mafatu react when he finally realizes how truly isolated he is?
(a) Gripped by terror.
(b) Slightly nervous.
(d) Relaxed for the first time.
2. What happens to Mafatu's mother after raising the coconut to her son's lips?
(a) She drinks from the coconut.
(b) She dies.
(c) The other fishermen save her.
(d) She loses conciousness.
3. What does the current do to their canoe?
(a) It goes around it.
(b) It spins it around.
(c) It pushes it towards the other canoes.
(d) It takes hold of it.
4. Where has a current formed?
(a) By the shoulder of the reef passage.
(b) By the other canoes.
(c) On the other side of the reef.
(d) Around her canoe.
5. Why does Mafatu's mother take him out to the barrier reef?
(a) To swim through the coral.
(b) To catch fish.
(c) To look for his father.
(d) To look for sea urchins.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mafatu wonder how he could be a brave leader?
2. What is coming their way?
3. How long do they stay in the sea?
4. Why does Mafatu forget about being hungry and thirsty?
5. Why does the sight of a shark swimming nearby not stop him?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)