|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 The Sea.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mafatu resolved to do?
(a) Tell the boys what he thinks of their work.
(b) Continue doing what he loves.
(c) Never to return to Hikueru unless he is successful in his pursuit.
(d) Run away.
2. What does Mafatu hear some of the other boys calling his crafty work?
(a) Woman's work.
(c) A waste of time.
3. How does Mafatu's mother respond to the fishermen?
(a) She heeds their warning.
(b) She pays them no attention.
(c) She changes her mind and follows them.
(d) She laughs at them.
4. Why does Mafatu wonder how he could be a brave leader?
(a) If he is not strong enough.
(b) If he is afraid to use weapons.
(c) If he does not know how to fish.
(d) If he is afraid to venture past the water's edge.
5. To whom does Mafatu pray?
(b) Moana, the Sea God.
(c) His mother.
(d) Maui, Goddess of the Fisherman.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mafatu feel about the sea?
2. Why is Mafatu relegated to the shoreline?
3. What does Kivi do after flying overhead?
4. What does Mafatu's mother decide to do?
5. What does Mafatu's mother finally decide to do?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)