|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 The Sea.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mafatu do by the shoreline?
(a) He fashions spears, nets, and sharkline for the other young boys to use.
(b) He prays to the goddess to help him.
(c) He sits and watches the other men.
(d) He cries.
2. Why does Mafatu wonder how he could be a brave leader?
(a) If he is afraid to venture past the water's edge.
(b) If he does not know how to fish.
(c) If he is not strong enough.
(d) If he is afraid to use weapons.
3. What is Mafatu afraid will disappear, if he takes his eyes off of it?
(a) Uri's body.
(b) The wedge of land rising out of the sea.
(c) His father's canoe.
4. What does the sky cast upon the tiny canoe?
(a) A shadow.
(c) Thunder and lightning.
5. What makes Mafatu feel all but worthless?
(a) His lack of a mother.
(b) His inability to fight.
(c) The silence and disapproval of his father.
(d) His lack of knowledge about fishing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gives them relief from the heat?
2. How long do they stay in the sea?
3. What no longer hangs around his neck?
4. With what is Mafatu suddenly filled?
5. Why does Mafatu forget about being hungry and thirsty?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)