|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 The Sea.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mafatu react when he finally realizes how truly isolated he is?
(a) Relaxed for the first time.
(b) Slightly nervous.
(d) Gripped by terror.
2. Why does the sight of a shark swimming nearby not stop him?
(a) He is driven by a will to live.
(b) He is hungry.
(c) The water is so cold.
(d) He wants to find Uri.
3. What else taunts him?
(a) The fish.
(b) The tribal warriors.
(c) His mother, in his dreams.
(d) The sea.
4. How does Mafatu feel about the sea?
5. What does the boy do when he flings himself onto the floor of the canoe?
(a) He hugs Uri.
(b) He buries his face in his arms, crying.
(c) He cuts his arm.
(d) He screams.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the only person who has ever been nice to the outcast boy?
2. What does the current do to their canoe?
3. The situation becomes very reminiscent of what?
4. Suddenly, what does the bird do?
5. Why does Mafatu's mother struggle to feed him?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)