|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 The Sea.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Uri do for Mafatu?
(a) He catches fish.
(b) He steers the canoe.
(c) He licks his face.
(d) His thumping tail provides comfort and reassurance.
2. What no longer hangs around his neck?
(a) His knife.
(b) A gift from his father.
(c) His canteen.
(d) A symbol of the Sea God.
3. How does Mafatu feel?
4. What does Mafatu's mother decide to do?
(a) Send Mafatu with the other men.
(b) Find a new fishing spot.
(c) Join the other canoes.
(d) Brave the elements.
5. When morning comes, who is with Mafatu?
(b) His father.
(d) Uri and Kivi.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mafatu hear some of the other boys calling his crafty work?
2. What happens to Mafatu's mother after raising the coconut to her son's lips?
3. How long do they stay in the sea?
4. Where has a current formed?
5. The next day shows what?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)