|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 The Sea.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mafatu's mother respond to the fishermen?
(a) She pays them no attention.
(b) She changes her mind and follows them.
(c) She heeds their warning.
(d) She laughs at them.
2. What happens as the current gets quicker?
(a) The canoe moves faster.
(b) Kivi returns.
(c) The wind begins to pick up.
(d) Uri falls in the water.
3. What happens to the tiny canoe?
(a) It speeds up.
(b) It is lifted into the air and torn to splinters on the reef.
(c) It tips over.
(d) It spins in a circle.
4. What does Mafatu hear some of the other boys calling his crafty work?
(a) A waste of time.
(d) Woman's work.
5. What does the boy do when he flings himself onto the floor of the canoe?
(a) He screams.
(b) He hugs Uri.
(c) He buries his face in his arms, crying.
(d) He cuts his arm.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the other fishermen feel about her decision?
2. Who does Mafatu begin to follow?
3. What does Mafatu's experience with the sea tell him?
4. What is Mafatu convinced will swallow him up?
5. How does Mafatu feel?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)