|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 The Sea.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mafatu realize when he is shocked into full awareness by the cold water?
(a) He has hit his head.
(b) How far away from home he is.
(c) He is drowning.
(d) He cannot find his dog.
2. Why is Mafatu relegated to the shoreline?
(a) He is not skilled enough to fish.
(b) There are too many fishermen.
(c) He is perceived to be a bringer of bad luck.
(d) His father worries about him.
3. What happens eventually and gradually?
(a) The sun sets.
(b) The storm picks up.
(c) Mafatu becomes more nervous.
(d) The storm lets up.
4. Who emerges from the water, sopping wet?
(d) His father.
5. How does Mafatu's mother respond to the fishermen?
(a) She heeds their warning.
(b) She changes her mind and follows them.
(c) She pays them no attention.
(d) She laughs at them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it time for the boys to do?
2. Why does Mafatu decide to do this?
3. What does Mafatu's experience with the sea tell him?
4. How does Mafatu feel about the sea?
5. What has happened when Mafatu attempts to overcome his fear?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)