|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 The Sea.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the other fishermen feel about her decision?
2. What is Mafatu afraid will disappear, if he takes his eyes off of it?
(a) The wedge of land rising out of the sea.
(c) His father's canoe.
(d) Uri's body.
3. Into what does he throw "half a dozen green drinking nuts and his fish spear?"
(a) A bag.
(b) A canoe.
(c) A box.
(d) A gourd.
4. Who emerges from the water, sopping wet?
(c) His father.
5. Why does Mafatu's mother struggle to feed him?
(a) She is full of fear.
(b) The food is hard to get to.
(c) She is incredibly weak from the long battle.
(d) She wants the food for herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the boy do when he flings himself onto the floor of the canoe?
2. Why does Mafatu forget about being hungry and thirsty?
3. What is Mafatu amazed and relieved to discover?
4. What is it time for the boys to do?
5. From what is Mafatu getting no relief?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)