|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 The Sea.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the tiny canoe?
(a) It spins in a circle.
(b) It is lifted into the air and torn to splinters on the reef.
(c) It tips over.
(d) It speeds up.
2. Soon, what comes?
(a) His father.
(b) Another storm.
(c) Another night.
3. What does Mafatu have to endure?
(a) The ridicule from a step-mother.
(b) Endless mocking and ridicule.
(c) Sadness from the loss of his mother.
(d) Blame for his mother's death.
4. What happens eventually and gradually?
(a) Mafatu becomes more nervous.
(b) The storm lets up.
(c) The sun sets.
(d) The storm picks up.
5. What does Mafatu's experience with the sea tell him?
(a) There is a school of fish below him.
(b) The sharks are circling him.
(c) There is a storm coming.
(d) He can drink the water.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mafatu soon amazed to see?
2. What would cause Mafatu to lose his spear or line?
3. Suddenly, what does the bird do?
4. Why does Mafatu's mother take him out to the barrier reef?
5. What does Mafatu hear some of the other boys calling his crafty work?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)