|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 The Sea.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gives them relief from the heat?
(a) A cool breeze.
(c) Shade from Kivi.
2. What wakes Mafatu at midnight?
(a) Uri's wimpering.
(b) A great thunderous noise.
(c) Kivi's call.
3. Into what does he throw "half a dozen green drinking nuts and his fish spear?"
(a) A bag.
(b) A canoe.
(c) A gourd.
(d) A box.
4. What does Uri do for Mafatu?
(a) He licks his face.
(b) He catches fish.
(c) He steers the canoe.
(d) His thumping tail provides comfort and reassurance.
5. What does the sky cast upon the tiny canoe?
(c) A shadow.
(d) Thunder and lightning.
Short Answer Questions
1. Suddenly, what does the bird do?
2. What does Kivi do after flying overhead?
3. What would cause Mafatu to lose his spear or line?
4. What is Mafatu afraid will disappear, if he takes his eyes off of it?
5. Why is Mafatu relegated to the shoreline?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)