|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 The Sea.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The situation becomes very reminiscent of what?
(b) The storms in his dreams.
(c) Hurrican weather.
(d) The tragic day when Mafatu's mother died.
2. What gives them relief from the heat?
(a) Shade from Kivi.
(d) A cool breeze.
3. Why does Mafatu's mother struggle to feed him?
(a) She wants the food for herself.
(b) She is full of fear.
(c) The food is hard to get to.
(d) She is incredibly weak from the long battle.
4. What does Mafatu's mother decide to do?
(a) Brave the elements.
(b) Join the other canoes.
(c) Send Mafatu with the other men.
(d) Find a new fishing spot.
5. How long do they stay in the sea?
(a) For the whole of the night.
(b) For a few hours.
(c) One week.
(d) Two days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens just as suddenly?
2. What does Mafatu discover when he surveys the situation?
3. Who emerges from the water, sopping wet?
4. What does the sky cast upon the tiny canoe?
5. How does Mafatu feel?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)