|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 The Sea.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Into what does he throw "half a dozen green drinking nuts and his fish spear?"
(a) A bag.
(b) A gourd.
(c) A box.
(d) A canoe.
2. How does Mafatu react when he finally realizes how truly isolated he is?
(a) Slightly nervous.
(b) Gripped by terror.
(d) Relaxed for the first time.
3. What no longer hangs around his neck?
(a) His knife.
(b) A symbol of the Sea God.
(c) His canteen.
(d) A gift from his father.
4. What is Mafatu afraid will disappear, if he takes his eyes off of it?
(a) The wedge of land rising out of the sea.
(b) Uri's body.
(d) His father's canoe.
5. With what is Mafatu suddenly filled?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mafatu relegated to the shoreline?
2. What does Mafatu do by the shoreline?
3. What does Mafatu have to endure?
4. What wakes Mafatu at midnight?
5. Suddenly, what does the bird do?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)