|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 The Sea.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does Mafatu search?
(a) Signs of fish.
(b) Signs of Kivi.
(c) Signs of land.
(d) Signs of a storm.
2. How does Mafatu's mother respond to the fishermen?
(a) She laughs at them.
(b) She pays them no attention.
(c) She changes her mind and follows them.
(d) She heeds their warning.
3. Why can Mafatu stand up?
(a) His mother's spirit stands him up.
(b) There is sand beneath his feet.
(c) Maui is holding his hand.
(d) Uri helps him.
4. What happens as the current gets quicker?
(a) Uri falls in the water.
(b) Kivi returns.
(c) The canoe moves faster.
(d) The wind begins to pick up.
5. What is Mafatu amazed and relieved to discover?
(a) The storm was not very strong.
(b) The hail lasted only a moment.
(c) He has survived.
(d) No whales were around him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would cause Mafatu to lose his spear or line?
2. To whom does Mafatu pray?
3. What gives them relief from the heat?
4. What does Mafatu have to endure?
5. Why does Mafatu wonder how he could be a brave leader?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)