|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 The Sea.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Mafatu feel all but worthless?
(a) The silence and disapproval of his father.
(b) His lack of a mother.
(c) His lack of knowledge about fishing.
(d) His inability to fight.
2. The next day shows what?
(a) Fish to catch.
(b) An island nearby.
(c) No signs of the previous night's storm.
(d) More signs of stormy weather.
3. Who might his father think had taken his son?
(a) Moana, the Sea God.
(b) Maui, the Goddess of Fishermen.
(c) His mother's spirit.
4. Why does Mafatu forget about being hungry and thirsty?
(a) His father's canoe is behind him.
(b) The sight of land spurring him onward.
(c) Uri has fallen in the water.
(d) He sees his goddess.
5. What does Mafatu's experience with the sea tell him?
(a) He can drink the water.
(b) There is a school of fish below him.
(c) There is a storm coming.
(d) The sharks are circling him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What no longer hangs around his neck?
2. What does Mafatu's mother finally decide to do?
3. What does Mafatu realize when he is shocked into full awareness by the cold water?
4. What is Mafatu afraid will disappear, if he takes his eyes off of it?
5. What danger do they survive?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)