|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 The Sea.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it time for the boys to do?
(a) Go to bed.
(b) Eat a meal.
(c) Say a prayer.
(d) Prepare for fishing.
2. What has happened when Mafatu attempts to overcome his fear?
(a) He is only successful for a little while.
(b) Everyone laughs at him.
(c) He does not have the skills to overcome his fear.
(d) He is overcome by the power of the sea to intimidate him.
3. Why does Mafatu wonder how he could be a brave leader?
(a) If he does not know how to fish.
(b) If he is afraid to venture past the water's edge.
(c) If he is afraid to use weapons.
(d) If he is not strong enough.
4. What does the current do to their canoe?
(a) It goes around it.
(b) It takes hold of it.
(c) It spins it around.
(d) It pushes it towards the other canoes.
5. What gives them relief from the heat?
(a) A cool breeze.
(b) Shade from Kivi.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the other fishermen do after turning their canoes around?
2. How does Mafatu feel about his inability to conquer his fears?
3. When morning comes, who is with Mafatu?
4. Why does the sight of a shark swimming nearby not stop him?
5. What does Mafatu's experience with the sea tell him?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)