|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 The Sea.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mafatu's mother struggle to feed him?
(a) The food is hard to get to.
(b) She is full of fear.
(c) She is incredibly weak from the long battle.
(d) She wants the food for herself.
2. What does Mafatu wonder about his father, Tavana Nui?
(a) If he will follow him.
(b) If he will be angry with him.
(c) If he would be upset, once he realizes his son is missing.
(d) It he will be relieved that his son has left.
3. Soon, what comes?
(a) His father.
(c) Another night.
(d) Another storm.
4. What does Mafatu's experience with the sea tell him?
(a) The sharks are circling him.
(b) He can drink the water.
(c) There is a school of fish below him.
(d) There is a storm coming.
5. Why does Mafatu's mother take him out to the barrier reef?
(a) To swim through the coral.
(b) To look for his father.
(c) To look for sea urchins.
(d) To catch fish.
Short Answer Questions
1. When morning comes, who is with Mafatu?
2. Why can Mafatu stand up?
3. Into what does he throw "half a dozen green drinking nuts and his fish spear?"
4. Who is the only person who has ever been nice to the outcast boy?
5. How are they end up in the churning sea?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)