|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 The Sea.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the current do to their canoe?
(a) It goes around it.
(b) It spins it around.
(c) It takes hold of it.
(d) It pushes it towards the other canoes.
2. What does Uri do for Mafatu?
(a) He catches fish.
(b) He licks his face.
(c) His thumping tail provides comfort and reassurance.
(d) He steers the canoe.
3. What does Mafatu's mother decide to do?
(a) Send Mafatu with the other men.
(b) Join the other canoes.
(c) Find a new fishing spot.
(d) Brave the elements.
4. How do the other fishermen feel about her decision?
5. What is Mafatu amazed and relieved to discover?
(a) No whales were around him.
(b) The storm was not very strong.
(c) The hail lasted only a moment.
(d) He has survived.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mafatu afraid will disappear, if he takes his eyes off of it?
2. What happens eventually and gradually?
3. To whom does Mafatu pray?
4. The situation becomes very reminiscent of what?
5. With what is Mafatu suddenly filled?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)