|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 The Island.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mafatu's mother finally decide to do?
(a) Continue to fish.
(b) Send Mafatu with the other fishermen.
(c) Head back to shore.
(d) Continue looking for sea urchins.
2. What does the current do to their canoe?
(a) It goes around it.
(b) It spins it around.
(c) It pushes it towards the other canoes.
(d) It takes hold of it.
3. Why is he starting to think that perhaps his ending up on this spot was a cruel joke on the part of Moana, the Sea God?
(a) Perhaps Moana was upset for having been cheated.
(b) Moana will not allow him food.
(c) He will not be able to find shelter.
(d) Moana wants him back in the sea.
4. Where has a current formed?
(a) Around her canoe.
(b) By the shoulder of the reef passage.
(c) By the other canoes.
(d) On the other side of the reef.
5. What does he notice as he begins ripping leaves from a banana tree?
(a) The fruit is moldy.
(b) Smoke from another island.
(c) The fruit has been cut cleanly from the branch with a knife.
(d) The fruit is missing.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are they end up in the churning sea?
2. Why can Mafatu stand up?
3. Why did he initially think that Maui had led him to this island?
4. What startles Mafatu?
5. What does Mafatu's mother decide to do?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)