|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 The Island.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mafatu wonder about his father, Tavana Nui?
(a) It he will be relieved that his son has left.
(b) If he would be upset, once he realizes his son is missing.
(c) If he will be angry with him.
(d) If he will follow him.
2. Soon, what comes?
(a) His father.
(b) Another storm.
(d) Another night.
3. What does he soon do?
(a) Reaches the summit of the hill.
(b) Finds fresh water.
(c) Climb to the top of the ladder.
(d) Climb to the top of a tree.
4. As he is looking at another island, what is he astonished to see?
(a) Smoke rising from the trees.
(b) A storm brewing.
(c) Canoes in the distance.
(d) Kivi flying in the sky.
5. Why is Mafatu not ready to find food?
(a) He does not know where to look for food.
(b) He does not know how to catch food.
(c) He is afraid of the island.
(d) He is not yet strong enough to climb one of the many coconut trees on the island.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Mafatu resolved to do this year?
2. What does Uri do for Mafatu?
3. How does Mafatu fall asleep?
4. He has faced a fear and come out unharmed. What is this?
5. Who might his father think had taken his son?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)