|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 The Island.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mafatu spot at the sacred spot?
(c) A knife.
(d) A spearhead.
2. What has Mafatu resolved to do this year?
(a) Leave home.
(b) Shrug off his restraints and face his fear.
(c) Tell his father how he feels.
(d) Learn a new skill.
3. What symbolizes the courage it took to approach the sacred idol and seize what he needed?
(a) The clearing.
(b) The vines.
(c) The spearhead.
(d) The banana tree.
4. What does he make out of coconut-tree fronds?
(a) A plate.
(b) A blanket.
(c) A lean-to.
5. What does the current do to their canoe?
(a) It goes around it.
(b) It pushes it towards the other canoes.
(c) It spins it around.
(d) It takes hold of it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the tiny canoe?
2. Why does Mafatu's mother struggle to feed him?
3. To whom does Mafatu pray?
4. What is coming their way?
5. Who might his father think had taken his son?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)