|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 The Island.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has happened when he had taken an item from a sacred place?
(b) A strong wind blew.
(d) Lightning and thunder.
2. Why can Mafatu stand up?
(a) His mother's spirit stands him up.
(b) There is sand beneath his feet.
(c) Maui is holding his hand.
(d) Uri helps him.
3. What does the current do to their canoe?
(a) It takes hold of it.
(b) It pushes it towards the other canoes.
(c) It goes around it.
(d) It spins it around.
4. Why does Mafatu's mother take him out to the barrier reef?
(a) To look for sea urchins.
(b) To look for his father.
(c) To catch fish.
(d) To swim through the coral.
5. To whom does Mafatu pray?
(b) Moana, the Sea God.
(c) Maui, Goddess of the Fisherman.
(d) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does he praise for bringing him safely to this island and for giving him courage?
2. What does Mafatu wake up the next morning and remember?
3. Who used to slide down a lava slide in banana leaves?
4. What wakes Mafatu at midnight?
5. What does Mafatu sees after he slides down the lava slide?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)