|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 The Island.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does he praise for bringing him safely to this island and for giving him courage?
(d) His mother.
2. He has faced a fear and come out unharmed. What is this?
(a) It is a victory.
(b) A gift.
(c) A surpise.
(d) A shock.
3. What gives them relief from the heat?
(a) Shade from Kivi.
(c) A cool breeze.
4. Why is Mafatu relegated to the shoreline?
(a) He is not skilled enough to fish.
(b) His father worries about him.
(c) He is perceived to be a bringer of bad luck.
(d) There are too many fishermen.
5. What has happened when Mafatu attempts to overcome his fear?
(a) He does not have the skills to overcome his fear.
(b) He is only successful for a little while.
(c) Everyone laughs at him.
(d) He is overcome by the power of the sea to intimidate him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mafatu use to cauterize the wound on his leg?
2. With what is Mafatu suddenly filled?
3. Why can Mafatu stand up?
4. How are they end up in the churning sea?
5. What wakes Mafatu at midnight?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)