|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 The Island.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did he initially think that Maui had led him to this island?
(a) So he could practice his hunting skills.
(b) So he would be safe.
(c) So she could speak with him.
(d) So he could have a home of his own.
2. What is Mafatu amazed and relieved to discover?
(a) The hail lasted only a moment.
(b) He has survived.
(c) The storm was not very strong.
(d) No whales were around him.
3. Why can Mafatu stand up?
(a) Maui is holding his hand.
(b) His mother's spirit stands him up.
(c) There is sand beneath his feet.
(d) Uri helps him.
4. To where does he head?
(a) Back to the beach where he had landed earlier that day.
(b) To the other side of the island. Back to the idol.
(c) To his canoe.
(d) To the banana tree.
5. What does he soon do?
(a) Climb to the top of the ladder.
(b) Finds fresh water.
(c) Climb to the top of a tree.
(d) Reaches the summit of the hill.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Mafatu pray?
2. What happens to the tiny canoe?
3. Why is Mafatu not ready to find food?
4. Years later, what is Mafatu left wondering?
5. Who might his father think had taken his son?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)