|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 The Island.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Uri do for Mafatu?
(a) His thumping tail provides comfort and reassurance.
(b) He licks his face.
(c) He steers the canoe.
(d) He catches fish.
2. What does he wonder about this island?
(a) If this is where they offered their sacrifices.
(b) Where he should build his home.
(c) If there are animals on this island.
(d) If he will ever escape it.
3. Why can Mafatu stand up?
(a) His mother's spirit stands him up.
(b) Maui is holding his hand.
(c) There is sand beneath his feet.
(d) Uri helps him.
4. What does Mafatu's mother finally decide to do?
(a) Head back to shore.
(b) Continue looking for sea urchins.
(c) Send Mafatu with the other fishermen.
(d) Continue to fish.
5. What has happened when he had taken an item from a sacred place?
(a) A strong wind blew.
(d) Lightning and thunder.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mafatu wake up the next morning and remember?
2. Why did he initially think that Maui had led him to this island?
3. What startles Mafatu?
4. What does Kivi do after flying overhead?
5. Soon, what comes?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)