|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 The Island.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is coming their way?
(a) His father.
(b) A group of warriors.
(c) A tidal wave.
(d) A storm.
2. How are they end up in the churning sea?
(a) When Mafatu's mother jumps overboard.
(b) When the boat collapses.
(c) When their boat capsizes.
(d) When the boat begins to leak.
3. The next day shows what?
(a) More signs of stormy weather.
(b) An island nearby.
(c) Fish to catch.
(d) No signs of the previous night's storm.
4. He has faced a fear and come out unharmed. What is this?
(a) A surpise.
(b) A gift.
(c) It is a victory.
(d) A shock.
5. Why does Mafatu wonder how he could be a brave leader?
(a) If he is afraid to venture past the water's edge.
(b) If he is afraid to use weapons.
(c) If he does not know how to fish.
(d) If he is not strong enough.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can Mafatu stand up?
2. What does Mafatu do by the shoreline?
3. Why does Mafatu's mother take him out to the barrier reef?
4. What have been recently burned?
5. How does Mafatu feel about the sea?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)