|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 The Island.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what is Mafatu unsure?
(a) How to hunt.
(b) Which island he is on.
(c) What food is safe to eat.
(d) Where his friends have gone.
2. What is a moto tabu?
(a) His favorite phrase.
(b) A prayer.
(c) A type of food.
(d) A Forbidden Island.
3. What does Mafatu use to cauterize the wound on his leg?
(a) Wild limes.
4. To where does he head?
(a) To the other side of the island. Back to the idol.
(b) To his canoe.
(c) To the banana tree.
(d) Back to the beach where he had landed earlier that day.
5. What happens to the tiny canoe?
(a) It tips over.
(b) It speeds up.
(c) It is lifted into the air and torn to splinters on the reef.
(d) It spins in a circle.
Short Answer Questions
1. He has faced a fear and come out unharmed. What is this?
2. What danger do they survive?
3. Why does Mafatu forget about being hungry and thirsty?
4. What does he want from his town and his father?
5. How do the other fishermen feel about her decision?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)