|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 The Island.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the current do to their canoe?
(a) It takes hold of it.
(b) It pushes it towards the other canoes.
(c) It goes around it.
(d) It spins it around.
2. What startles Mafatu?
(a) A wild boar crashing through the bushes.
(b) Uri's barking.
(c) Kivi's call.
(d) A drumming sound.
3. What does Mafatu's mother decide to do?
(a) Find a new fishing spot.
(b) Send Mafatu with the other men.
(c) Join the other canoes.
(d) Brave the elements.
4. What does Mafatu wonder about his father, Tavana Nui?
(a) If he will follow him.
(b) If he would be upset, once he realizes his son is missing.
(c) If he will be angry with him.
(d) It he will be relieved that his son has left.
5. What happens to the tiny canoe?
(a) It speeds up.
(b) It spins in a circle.
(c) It tips over.
(d) It is lifted into the air and torn to splinters on the reef.
Short Answer Questions
1. What danger do they survive?
2. The situation becomes very reminiscent of what?
3. What does Mafatu sees after he slides down the lava slide?
4. What has happened when Mafatu attempts to overcome his fear?
5. Who does he praise for bringing him safely to this island and for giving him courage?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)