|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 The Island.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mafatu do by the shoreline?
(a) He fashions spears, nets, and sharkline for the other young boys to use.
(b) He prays to the goddess to help him.
(c) He cries.
(d) He sits and watches the other men.
2. What is Mafatu resolved to do?
(a) Never to return to Hikueru unless he is successful in his pursuit.
(b) Tell the boys what he thinks of their work.
(c) Run away.
(d) Continue doing what he loves.
3. What does Kivi do after flying overhead?
(a) Lands on the canoe.
(b) Turns and flies south, leading the way.
(c) Calls to Mafatu.
(d) Flies home.
4. For what does Mafatu search?
(a) Signs of a storm.
(b) Signs of land.
(c) Signs of fish.
(d) Signs of Kivi.
5. What danger do they survive?
(a) The sharks circling around them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the boy do when he flings himself onto the floor of the canoe?
2. What is coming their way?
3. To where does he head?
4. What does he use to pull himself up the slope?
5. What does Mafatu decide to explore?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)