|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 The Island.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mafatu wonder how he could be a brave leader?
(a) If he is not strong enough.
(b) If he is afraid to venture past the water's edge.
(c) If he is afraid to use weapons.
(d) If he does not know how to fish.
2. How are they end up in the churning sea?
(a) When the boat collapses.
(b) When the boat begins to leak.
(c) When their boat capsizes.
(d) When Mafatu's mother jumps overboard.
3. How does he feel after building a fire?
(b) Content and worn out from the effort.
4. Why does Mafatu's mother take him out to the barrier reef?
(a) To catch fish.
(b) To swim through the coral.
(c) To look for his father.
(d) To look for sea urchins.
5. What is Mafatu convinced will swallow him up?
(a) A giant wave starts thundering toward the canoe.
(b) A giant whale.
(c) The Sea God.
(d) An underwater cave.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what does Mafatu drink?
2. How does he move toward the idol?
3. What does Mafatu sees after he slides down the lava slide?
4. What is Mafatu amazed and relieved to discover?
5. Why does Mafatu forget about being hungry and thirsty?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)