|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 The Island.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What no longer hangs around his neck?
(a) A symbol of the Sea God.
(b) His canteen.
(c) A gift from his father.
(d) His knife.
2. What does Mafatu hear some of the other boys calling his crafty work?
(a) Woman's work.
(c) A waste of time.
3. Why is Mafatu not ready to find food?
(a) He is not yet strong enough to climb one of the many coconut trees on the island.
(b) He is afraid of the island.
(c) He does not know how to catch food.
(d) He does not know where to look for food.
4. Who might his father think had taken his son?
(a) Maui, the Goddess of Fishermen.
(b) His mother's spirit.
(c) Moana, the Sea God.
5. What is the pyramid topped by a massive figure?
(a) A shelter.
(b) A school.
(c) A dwelling.
(d) A Sacred Place.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mafatu convinced will swallow him up?
2. What is Mafatu amazed and relieved to discover?
3. Who does he praise for bringing him safely to this island and for giving him courage?
4. How does Mafatu's mother respond to the fishermen?
5. Why is Mafatu relegated to the shoreline?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)