|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 The Island.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the pyramid topped by a massive figure?
(a) A Sacred Place.
(b) A shelter.
(c) A school.
(d) A dwelling.
2. What does he use to pull himself up the slope?
(a) A tree.
(b) A ladder.
(d) The hanging vines.
3. Who used to slide down a lava slide in banana leaves?
(b) His mother.
(d) Children in Tahiti.
4. About what is Mafatu unsure?
(a) How to hunt.
(b) Where his friends have gone.
(c) Which island he is on.
(d) What food is safe to eat.
5. As he is looking at another island, what is he astonished to see?
(a) Kivi flying in the sky.
(b) A storm brewing.
(c) Smoke rising from the trees.
(d) Canoes in the distance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mafatu now realize about himself?
2. What does Mafatu hear some of the other boys calling his crafty work?
3. From what does Mafatu drink?
4. Soon, what comes?
5. The situation becomes very reminiscent of what?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)