|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 The Island.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mafatu amazed and relieved to discover?
(a) No whales were around him.
(b) The storm was not very strong.
(c) The hail lasted only a moment.
(d) He has survived.
2. What does the boy do when he flings himself onto the floor of the canoe?
(a) He buries his face in his arms, crying.
(b) He screams.
(c) He cuts his arm.
(d) He hugs Uri.
3. What does he make out of coconut-tree fronds?
(b) A plate.
(c) A blanket.
(d) A lean-to.
4. What is the pyramid topped by a massive figure?
(a) A Sacred Place.
(b) A school.
(c) A dwelling.
(d) A shelter.
5. Who does he praise for bringing him safely to this island and for giving him courage?
(b) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a moto tabu?
2. How does he feel after building a fire?
3. Where has a current formed?
4. When morning comes, who is with Mafatu?
5. What has Mafatu resolved to do this year?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)