|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 The Island.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Uri do for Mafatu?
(a) He catches fish.
(b) He steers the canoe.
(c) His thumping tail provides comfort and reassurance.
(d) He licks his face.
2. Suddenly, what does the bird do?
(a) Catches a fish.
(b) Flies overhead.
(c) He flies away.
(d) Flies to him.
3. How does Mafatu's mother respond to the fishermen?
(a) She changes her mind and follows them.
(b) She laughs at them.
(c) She pays them no attention.
(d) She heeds their warning.
4. What else taunts him?
(a) The sea.
(b) His mother, in his dreams.
(c) The fish.
(d) The tribal warriors.
5. What no longer hangs around his neck?
(a) His knife.
(b) A gift from his father.
(c) A symbol of the Sea God.
(d) His canteen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mafatu soon amazed to see?
2. Who emerges from the water, sopping wet?
3. Why does Mafatu decide to do this?
4. What does Mafatu wonder about his father, Tavana Nui?
5. What symbolizes the courage it took to approach the sacred idol and seize what he needed?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)