|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 The Island.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Suddenly, what does the bird do?
(a) Catches a fish.
(b) Flies to him.
(c) Flies overhead.
(d) He flies away.
2. Why does the sight of a shark swimming nearby not stop him?
(a) He is driven by a will to live.
(b) The water is so cold.
(c) He wants to find Uri.
(d) He is hungry.
3. Who does he praise for bringing him safely to this island and for giving him courage?
(d) His mother.
4. Who might his father think had taken his son?
(a) His mother's spirit.
(b) Maui, the Goddess of Fishermen.
(c) Moana, the Sea God.
5. How are they end up in the churning sea?
(a) When the boat begins to leak.
(b) When their boat capsizes.
(c) When Mafatu's mother jumps overboard.
(d) When the boat collapses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mafatu wake up the next morning and remember?
2. What else taunts him?
3. Who is the only person who has ever been nice to the outcast boy?
4. How does Mafatu fall asleep?
5. How does he feel when he moves a bone?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)