|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 The Island.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What no longer hangs around his neck?
(a) A gift from his father.
(b) A symbol of the Sea God.
(c) His knife.
(d) His canteen.
2. Soon, what comes?
(b) His father.
(c) Another storm.
(d) Another night.
3. How does Mafatu fall asleep?
(a) Full of his own confidence.
4. Why does Mafatu's mother take him out to the barrier reef?
(a) To swim through the coral.
(b) To look for his father.
(c) To catch fish.
(d) To look for sea urchins.
5. For what does Mafatu search?
(a) Signs of land.
(b) Signs of fish.
(c) Signs of Kivi.
(d) Signs of a storm.
Short Answer Questions
1. He has faced a fear and come out unharmed. What is this?
2. How does he feel after the climb to the lookout?
3. What does he notice as he begins ripping leaves from a banana tree?
4. What has rooted Mafatu to the ground?
5. How does he move toward the idol?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)