|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 The Island.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mafatu convinced will swallow him up?
(a) The Sea God.
(b) A giant whale.
(c) An underwater cave.
(d) A giant wave starts thundering toward the canoe.
2. The next day shows what?
(a) Fish to catch.
(b) More signs of stormy weather.
(c) No signs of the previous night's storm.
(d) An island nearby.
3. What does he make out of coconut-tree fronds?
(a) A lean-to.
(b) A plate.
(c) A blanket.
4. Who does Mafatu begin to follow?
(b) His father.
5. With what is Mafatu suddenly filled?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mafatu hear some of the other boys calling his crafty work?
2. What happens as the current gets quicker?
3. Years later, what is Mafatu left wondering?
4. What no longer hangs around his neck?
5. How are they end up in the churning sea?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)