|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 The Island.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mafatu do by the shoreline?
(a) He prays to the goddess to help him.
(b) He fashions spears, nets, and sharkline for the other young boys to use.
(c) He sits and watches the other men.
(d) He cries.
2. How does Mafatu feel?
3. What does he make out of coconut-tree fronds?
(a) A blanket.
(b) A lean-to.
(c) A plate.
4. How does Mafatu feel about his inability to conquer his fears?
(a) Nervous and shy.
(b) Unfulfilled and ashamed.
(c) Anxious to try again.
(d) Slightly embarrassed but eager to keep attempting.
5. What is coming their way?
(a) A group of warriors.
(b) A tidal wave.
(c) His father.
(d) A storm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the tiny canoe?
2. Why is he starting to think that perhaps his ending up on this spot was a cruel joke on the part of Moana, the Sea God?
3. What does he soon do?
4. What does the boy do when he flings himself onto the floor of the canoe?
5. What is it time for the boys to do?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)