|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 The Island.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long do they stay in the sea?
(a) For a few hours.
(b) One week.
(c) For the whole of the night.
(d) Two days.
2. For what does Mafatu search?
(a) Signs of a storm.
(b) Signs of fish.
(c) Signs of Kivi.
(d) Signs of land.
3. What does he soon do?
(a) Climb to the top of a tree.
(b) Finds fresh water.
(c) Reaches the summit of the hill.
(d) Climb to the top of the ladder.
4. What does Mafatu have to endure?
(a) Blame for his mother's death.
(b) The ridicule from a step-mother.
(c) Endless mocking and ridicule.
(d) Sadness from the loss of his mother.
5. Against what do the fishermen warn her?
(a) Staying out in the water.
(b) Catching sea urchins.
(c) Fishing too close to the reef.
(d) Fishing at night.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the current do to their canoe?
2. What does he want from his town and his father?
3. When morning comes, who is with Mafatu?
4. Suddenly, what does the bird do?
5. What happens eventually and gradually?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)