|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 The Island.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What danger do they survive?
(c) The sharks circling around them.
2. With what is Mafatu suddenly filled?
3. How does Mafatu's mother respond to the fishermen?
(a) She changes her mind and follows them.
(b) She pays them no attention.
(c) She laughs at them.
(d) She heeds their warning.
4. What does Mafatu use to cauterize the wound on his leg?
(b) Wild limes.
5. What does he think about again?
(a) The island is dangerous.
(b) How alone he is.
(c) The island he had seen with the smoke rising above the trees.
(d) How hungry he is.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what does Mafatu drink?
2. Why is he starting to think that perhaps his ending up on this spot was a cruel joke on the part of Moana, the Sea God?
3. What does Mafatu need to fashion a new canoe?
4. What does he use to pull himself up the slope?
5. What happens as the current gets quicker?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)