|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 The Island.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does he notice as he begins ripping leaves from a banana tree?
(a) The fruit is missing.
(b) Smoke from another island.
(c) The fruit has been cut cleanly from the branch with a knife.
(d) The fruit is moldy.
2. Who might his father think had taken his son?
(a) His mother's spirit.
(b) Maui, the Goddess of Fishermen.
(c) Moana, the Sea God.
3. What is Mafatu amazed and relieved to discover?
(a) He has survived.
(b) The storm was not very strong.
(c) The hail lasted only a moment.
(d) No whales were around him.
4. What no longer hangs around his neck?
(a) His knife.
(b) His canteen.
(c) A symbol of the Sea God.
(d) A gift from his father.
5. What happens to Mafatu's mother after raising the coconut to her son's lips?
(a) She drinks from the coconut.
(b) The other fishermen save her.
(c) She dies.
(d) She loses conciousness.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the only person who has ever been nice to the outcast boy?
2. Into what does he throw "half a dozen green drinking nuts and his fish spear?"
3. From what is Mafatu getting no relief?
4. What does Kivi do after flying overhead?
5. What happens eventually and gradually?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)