|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 Drums.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would he never again be called?
(a) An unskilled boy.
(b) A member of his tribe.
(d) His father's son.
2. What have been recently burned?
(a) The trees around the clearing.
(b) Piles of bones.
(d) Piles of wood.
3. What does Mafatu now realize about himself?
(a) He is afraid.
(b) He misses his tribe.
(c) He is no longer afraid.
(d) He is wounded.
4. What does he soon do?
(a) Climb to the top of the ladder.
(b) Climb to the top of a tree.
(c) Finds fresh water.
(d) Reaches the summit of the hill.
5. What does Mafatu discover when he surveys the situation?
(a) Uri is choking for air, stuck under the bow.
(b) A shark is circling his canoe.
(c) Kivi is calling to him.
(d) Uri is nowhere to be found.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does he need to make a fishhook?
2. Who helps Mafatu drag the bones down the beach?
3. He has the skill and resources to build a net but cannot get out to the "distant reef" to cast the net without his canoe. What does this do to him?
4. What does Kivi do after flying overhead?
5. What startles Mafatu?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)