|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 Drums.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What leads toward the sea and to a large clearing?
(a) A stream.
(b) A trail of shells.
(c) The trail.
(d) Foot prints.
2. What does he think about again?
(a) The island is dangerous.
(b) The island he had seen with the smoke rising above the trees.
(c) How alone he is.
(d) How hungry he is.
3. What has always scared him away when he went out to the reef to set his traps?
(a) The current.
(b) The hammerhead shark.
(c) The murky water.
(d) The fish.
4. Why does Mafatu decide not to go to his lookout to check for the arrival of the eaters-of-men?
(a) He is too tired.
(b) He is afraid.
(c) It is scary.
(d) It wasted too much of his time.
5. What does Mafatu decide to explore?
(a) The sea.
(b) The other side of this island.
(c) His side of the island.
(d) The beach.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mafatu use to cauterize the wound on his leg?
2. How has Majatu conquered another fear when saving his dog?
3. Why is he starting to think that perhaps his ending up on this spot was a cruel joke on the part of Moana, the Sea God?
4. What does Mafatu realize when he is shocked into full awareness by the cold water?
5. How does he fashion a fish trap?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)