|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 Drums.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does he wonder about this island?
(a) If there are animals on this island.
(b) If this is where they offered their sacrifices.
(c) If he will ever escape it.
(d) Where he should build his home.
2. What does he make out of coconut-tree fronds?
(b) A plate.
(c) A blanket.
(d) A lean-to.
3. What happens just as suddenly?
(a) Kivi leaves again.
(b) Uri climbs back in the canoe.
(c) The canoe stops moving.
(d) The wind dies down and the sea is still again.
4. Why can Mafatu stand up?
(a) Uri helps him.
(b) There is sand beneath his feet.
(c) His mother's spirit stands him up.
(d) Maui is holding his hand.
5. He would be able to return home with a boar's tooth necklace as proof of what?
(a) He is strong.
(b) He killed a boar.
(c) His bravery and hunting prowess.
(d) He likes to kill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What startles Mafatu?
2. Why does the sight of a shark swimming nearby not stop him?
3. What would he never again be called?
4. What does Mafatu sees after he slides down the lava slide?
5. To whom does Mafatu pray?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)