|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 Drums.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mafatu realize when he is shocked into full awareness by the cold water?
(a) He cannot find his dog.
(b) How far away from home he is.
(c) He has hit his head.
(d) He is drowning.
2. The situation becomes very reminiscent of what?
(a) Hurrican weather.
(c) The storms in his dreams.
(d) The tragic day when Mafatu's mother died.
3. What does Kivi do after flying overhead?
(a) Calls to Mafatu.
(b) Lands on the canoe.
(c) Flies home.
(d) Turns and flies south, leading the way.
4. Why is he starting to think that perhaps his ending up on this spot was a cruel joke on the part of Moana, the Sea God?
(a) Moana wants him back in the sea.
(b) Moana will not allow him food.
(c) Perhaps Moana was upset for having been cheated.
(d) He will not be able to find shelter.
5. What is a moto tabu?
(a) A prayer.
(b) His favorite phrase.
(c) A type of food.
(d) A Forbidden Island.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does he move toward the idol?
2. What happens when Mafatu tries to catch his friend?
3. What has always scared him away when he went out to the reef to set his traps?
4. As he is looking at another island, what is he astonished to see?
5. He has faced a fear and come out unharmed. What is this?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)