|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 Drums.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mafatu begin fashioning?
(a) A lean-to.
(b) Weapons and other useful items.
(c) A spit.
(d) A canoe.
2. What does he notice as he begins ripping leaves from a banana tree?
(a) Smoke from another island.
(b) The fruit is moldy.
(c) The fruit is missing.
(d) The fruit has been cut cleanly from the branch with a knife.
3. How do the following days find Mafatu?
(b) More worried.
(d) Busy all the time.
4. What does Mafatu spot as he and Uri head toward the reef on the raft?
(a) A man.
(d) The dorsal fin of the shark poking through the water.
5. What does Uri do for Mafatu?
(a) He licks his face.
(b) His thumping tail provides comfort and reassurance.
(c) He catches fish.
(d) He steers the canoe.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mafatu react when he finally realizes how truly isolated he is?
2. What happens when a large wave tips the raft at a severe angle?
3. Why does Mafatu build up a large fire?
4. What does Mafatu's experience with the sea tell him?
5. What does he make out of coconut-tree fronds?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)