|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 Drums.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. He has the skill and resources to build a net but cannot get out to the "distant reef" to cast the net without his canoe. What does this do to him?
(a) It makes him excited about the challenge.
(b) It further complicates the situation.
(c) It worries him.
(d) It irritates him.
2. What leads toward the sea and to a large clearing?
(a) A stream.
(b) The trail.
(c) Foot prints.
(d) A trail of shells.
3. What has rooted Mafatu to the ground?
(b) A branch.
(c) Uri's growl.
(d) Quick sand.
4. How does he feel when he moves a bone?
5. Who does he praise for bringing him safely to this island and for giving him courage?
(d) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does he wonder about this island?
2. How does Mafatu feel when the construction of a new canoe is complete?
3. How does he feel as he heads out to the reef?
4. What has happened when he had taken an item from a sacred place?
5. What has always scared him away when he went out to the reef to set his traps?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)