|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 Drums.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is he starting to think that perhaps his ending up on this spot was a cruel joke on the part of Moana, the Sea God?
(a) Moana will not allow him food.
(b) He will not be able to find shelter.
(c) Moana wants him back in the sea.
(d) Perhaps Moana was upset for having been cheated.
2. When morning comes, who is with Mafatu?
(a) His father.
(c) Uri and Kivi.
3. What does the sky cast upon the tiny canoe?
(b) Thunder and lightning.
(c) A shadow.
4. What does he make out of coconut-tree fronds?
(a) A lean-to.
(b) A plate.
(d) A blanket.
5. Why can Mafatu stand up?
(a) There is sand beneath his feet.
(b) Maui is holding his hand.
(c) Uri helps him.
(d) His mother's spirit stands him up.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mafatu react when he finally realizes how truly isolated he is?
2. What has rooted Mafatu to the ground?
3. What does he need to make a fishhook?
4. What does Mafatu do to the shark?
5. About what is Mafatu unsure?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)