|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 Drums.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who emerges from the water, sopping wet?
(b) His father.
2. What does Mafatu realize when he is shocked into full awareness by the cold water?
(a) He is drowning.
(b) He cannot find his dog.
(c) He has hit his head.
(d) How far away from home he is.
3. Soon, what comes?
(a) Another night.
(b) Another storm.
(d) His father.
4. What does Mafatu wake up the next morning and remember?
(a) The crazy events that led him to the beach on which he now lays.
(b) That Kivi never returned.
(c) That Uri was injured.
(d) How his mother died.
5. What does Mafatu discover when he surveys the situation?
(a) A shark is circling his canoe.
(b) Uri is nowhere to be found.
(c) Uri is choking for air, stuck under the bow.
(d) Kivi is calling to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has rooted Mafatu to the ground?
2. What does he soon do?
3. What does the sky cast upon the tiny canoe?
4. What does Mafatu wonder about his father, Tavana Nui?
5. About what is Mafatu unsure?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)