|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 Drums.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can Mafatu stand up?
(a) Maui is holding his hand.
(b) There is sand beneath his feet.
(c) Uri helps him.
(d) His mother's spirit stands him up.
2. For what does Mafatu search?
(a) Signs of land.
(b) Signs of Kivi.
(c) Signs of fish.
(d) Signs of a storm.
3. He would be able to return home with a boar's tooth necklace as proof of what?
(a) His bravery and hunting prowess.
(b) He killed a boar.
(c) He is strong.
(d) He likes to kill.
4. What does he need to make a fishhook?
(a) Some bone.
(b) A rock.
(c) A shell.
5. He has faced a fear and come out unharmed. What is this?
(a) A shock.
(b) A surpise.
(c) It is a victory.
(d) A gift.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did he initially think that Maui had led him to this island?
2. What does Mafatu spot as he and Uri head toward the reef on the raft?
3. What does the boy do when he flings himself onto the floor of the canoe?
4. What does Mafatu sees after he slides down the lava slide?
5. What does Mafatu spot at the sacred spot?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)