|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 Drums.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mafatu decide not to go to his lookout to check for the arrival of the eaters-of-men?
(a) It wasted too much of his time.
(b) He is afraid.
(c) It is scary.
(d) He is too tired.
2. How does he feel now that his knife is finished?
(a) Not as brave as he had hoped.
3. What does Mafatu wonder about his father, Tavana Nui?
(a) If he will be angry with him.
(b) If he would be upset, once he realizes his son is missing.
(c) It he will be relieved that his son has left.
(d) If he will follow him.
4. About what is Mafatu unsure?
(a) What food is safe to eat.
(b) Where his friends have gone.
(c) How to hunt.
(d) Which island he is on.
5. Why does Mafatu forget about being hungry and thirsty?
(a) He sees his goddess.
(b) Uri has fallen in the water.
(c) The sight of land spurring him onward.
(d) His father's canoe is behind him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What swallows the fish Mafatu has caught?
2. To whom does Mafatu pray?
3. Why did he initially think that Maui had led him to this island?
4. What can he use to make a raft?
5. What does Mafatu begin to take care of?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)