|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 Drums.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Mafatu not ready to find food?
(a) He is afraid of the island.
(b) He is not yet strong enough to climb one of the many coconut trees on the island.
(c) He does not know where to look for food.
(d) He does not know how to catch food.
2. What does Mafatu realize when he is shocked into full awareness by the cold water?
(a) He cannot find his dog.
(b) How far away from home he is.
(c) He is drowning.
(d) He has hit his head.
3. What does he wonder about this island?
(a) If there are animals on this island.
(b) If he will ever escape it.
(c) If this is where they offered their sacrifices.
(d) Where he should build his home.
4. He has the skill and resources to build a net but cannot get out to the "distant reef" to cast the net without his canoe. What does this do to him?
(a) It makes him excited about the challenge.
(b) It worries him.
(c) It irritates him.
(d) It further complicates the situation.
5. What happens to the tiny canoe?
(a) It spins in a circle.
(b) It speeds up.
(c) It is lifted into the air and torn to splinters on the reef.
(d) It tips over.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the boy do when he flings himself onto the floor of the canoe?
2. What no longer hangs around his neck?
3. What does Mafatu begin to take care of?
4. How does Mafatu fall asleep?
5. How does he feel after the climb to the lookout?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)