|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 Drums.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did he initially think that Maui had led him to this island?
(a) So he could have a home of his own.
(b) So he would be safe.
(c) So she could speak with him.
(d) So he could practice his hunting skills.
2. What frightens Mafatu?
(a) To see the shark heading right for his dog.
(b) The current.
(c) The dark water.
(d) The waves.
3. What does he wonder about this island?
(a) If there are animals on this island.
(b) Where he should build his home.
(c) If this is where they offered their sacrifices.
(d) If he will ever escape it.
4. What does Kivi do after flying overhead?
(a) Turns and flies south, leading the way.
(b) Flies home.
(c) Lands on the canoe.
(d) Calls to Mafatu.
5. What happens just as suddenly?
(a) The canoe stops moving.
(b) Kivi leaves again.
(c) Uri climbs back in the canoe.
(d) The wind dies down and the sea is still again.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does he feel when he moves a bone?
2. Who used to slide down a lava slide in banana leaves?
3. Who does he praise for bringing him safely to this island and for giving him courage?
4. What gives them relief from the heat?
5. About what is Mafatu unsure?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)