Chapter 1 Flight
1. What does Mafatu recall for the reader?
(a) How he became a member of the tribe.
(b) A life-changing event that happened to him early in his childhood.
(c) A miracle that occurred early in his childhood.
(d) When his father grew a heart.
2. How does Mafatu feel about the sea?
3. Why does Mafatu's mother take him out to the barrier reef?
(a) To swim through the coral.
(b) To catch fish.
(c) To look for sea urchins.
(d) To look for his father.
4. What is coming their way?
(a) His father.
(b) A storm.
(c) A tidal wave.
(d) A group of warriors.
5. What do the other fishermen do after turning their canoes around?
(a) They slowly head back home.
(b) They find a new place to fish.
(c) They count their catch.
(d) They head for the safety of dry land.
6. What does Mafatu's mother decide to do?
(a) Find a new fishing spot.
(b) Join the other canoes.
(c) Send Mafatu with the other men.
(d) Brave the elements.
This section contains 4,387 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)