Chapter 1 Flight
1. What does Mafatu recall for the reader?
(a) A life-changing event that happened to him early in his childhood.
(b) When his father grew a heart.
(c) A miracle that occurred early in his childhood.
(d) How he became a member of the tribe.
2. How does Mafatu feel about the sea?
3. Why does Mafatu's mother take him out to the barrier reef?
(a) To swim through the coral.
(b) To catch fish.
(c) To look for his father.
(d) To look for sea urchins.
4. What is coming their way?
(a) A storm.
(b) A tidal wave.
(c) His father.
(d) A group of warriors.
5. What do the other fishermen do after turning their canoes around?
(a) They count their catch.
(b) They slowly head back home.
(c) They find a new place to fish.
(d) They head for the safety of dry land.
6. What does Mafatu's mother decide to do?
(a) Find a new fishing spot.
(b) Send Mafatu with the other men.
(c) Join the other canoes.
(d) Brave the elements.
This section contains 4,387 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)