|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Aunt Hespa get across the channel to help treat Debby's burns?
2. In part 3, how does Marguerite spend the long night while the men check the fire at Sargent's Point?
3. In part 3, what drink does Ira give the dog when it returns from its fight with the Indians?
4. What item of clothing does Dolly threaten to make one of and force the other children to stay indoors while one wears it?
5. What is the first word the Indian in the woods speaks to Marguerite?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the following in detail and how each impacts the development of the plot in the early sections of the novel:
1) The physical setting of the novel: Isabella B, the ship
2) The physical setting of the novel: Maine.
3) The time period of the novel: 1743
Essay Topic 2
Discuss one of the following in detail using examples from the novel to support your conclusions:
4) Point of view
Essay Topic 3
Discuss one of the following themes in detail, using examples from the novel to support your conclusions:
2) Frontier life
This section contains 1,702 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)