Final Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dolly quickly insist on putting a splint on Joel's injured leg?
(a) She needs to straighten the leg.
(b) She is concerned the bones will break through the skin.
(c) She does not know what else to do.
(d) She wants to give him support to walk.
2. What is a trough?
(a) A bag filled with cornmeal.
(b) A place where animals eat.
(c) A type of tree.
(d) A long, narrow container.
3. In part 4, what do the twins draw straws to do?
(a) Go swimming.
(b) Play with the doll.
(c) Wear a pair of shoes.
(d) Play with the maypole.
4. Who does Marguerite think of when she and the Sargents indulge in the maple sugar?
(b) Seth Jordan.
(c) Abby Welles.
(d) Aunt Hespa.
5. What gift does Hannah Welles feel Abby should have returned when she made the choice to marry Ira Sargent?
(a) A bracelet Timothy gave her.
(b) The six teacups Ethan Jordan gave her.
(c) A pocketwatch Captain Hunt gave her.
(d) Silk cloth Seth Jordan gave her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What book does Aunt Hespa tell Marguerite inspired the quilt pattern Delectable Mountain?
2. What does Ira fashion to remove the sap from the sugar maple trees?
3. What item of clothing does Dolly threaten to make one of and force the other children to stay indoors while one wears it?
4. In part 3, who keeps watch through the night while the men go to check on the fire at Sargent's Point?
5. At the end of part 3, what is the first word Debby clearly speaks?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)