|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who taught Marguerite to dance the pavane?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her father.
(c) Uncle Pierre.
2. What change in her private thoughts does Marguerite suddenly notice in part 4?
(a) She no longer thinks of Debby.
(b) She no longer thinks in French.
(c) She no longer remembers her grandmother's face.
(d) She no longer wants to return to Le Harve.
3. What does Marguerite say over the grave when she first visits Debby's grave?
(a) An English lullaby.
(b) A French prayer.
(c) An English prayer.
(d) A French lullaby.
4. What is a trough?
(a) A type of tree.
(b) A long, narrow container.
(c) A place where animals eat.
(d) A bag filled with cornmeal.
5. Why does Marguerite tell the children people in France and England dance the Maypole?
(a) To ask for help from the gods.
(b) To celebrate birthdays.
(c) To ask for help from neighbors in time of trouble.
(d) To celebrate spring.
Short Answer Questions
1. What task do the men set to as they wait for the final days of winter to blow away?
2. What do the Sargents do with the sap once they have drained it from the trees?
3. What is a jog?
4. What type of dress that Abby is making does she show Marguerite on her visit in part 4?
5. What sound does Marguerite hear in the fog that convinces her there are Indians surrounding her?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)