|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What unpleasant side effect does a storm have on the occupants of the Sargent home in part 3?
(a) It causes wind to blow through cracks at the windows.
(b) It causes water to drip on the fire and cause smoke to fill the house.
(c) It causes the animals to flee the area.
(d) It causes the fire to go out.
2. Who does Dolly blame for the baby's burns?
(a) Joel for brining them there and herself for not teaching the child to fear fire.
(b) Ira for putting too many logs on the fire.
(c) The twins for pushing the child close to the fire.
(d) Marguerite for not watching the child closer.
3. In part 4, what do the twins draw straws to do?
(a) Play with the maypole.
(b) Play with the doll.
(c) Wear a pair of shoes.
(d) Go swimming.
4. What is a reel?
(a) A type of party game.
(b) A type of musical instrument.
(c) A type of song.
(d) A type of dance.
5. In what language does Marguerite sing her Christmas carols?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who follows Marguerite to the grave when she finally has a chance to visit it?
2. What gift did Ethan Jordan bring to Abby Welles upon his return from Portsmouth?
3. In part 3, who sings the most often after the corn shelling is done?
4. What book does Aunt Hespa tell Marguerite inspired the quilt pattern Delectable Mountain?
5. Why does Marguerite tell the children people in France and England dance the Maypole?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Marguerite think of the line dance that the neighbors teach her at the corn shelling?
2. What condition is the dog in when he makes his way back to house after the Indian attack the night of the corn shelling?
3. Marguerite sees smoke at Sargent's Point when she goes to sit before the window after being criticized for her dance. Who does she tell? What do they do?
4. What news do the men bring back from Sargent's Point when they return from checking on the cause of some smoke seen from Sunday Island?
5. What supplies have the Sargents run low on? Why?
6. What do Caleb and Marguerite do after Debby is injured? What is the result?
7. Who does Abby Welles say a heartfelt goodbye to when the men leave? What does this say about her choice of suitors?
8. How do the Sargents friends and neighbors react when Marguerite dances a French dance?
9. What warning is stated in the final chorus of the song Aunt Hespa sings once more during the corn shelling?
10. What does Marguerite go out into the fog to gather in Part 4? What happens when she does?
This section contains 934 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)