|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What date does Ira Sargent tell Marguerite it will be the day after she has visited Debby's grave?
(a) December 31.
(b) March 1.
(c) January 1.
(d) February 27.
2. What unpleasant side effect does a storm have on the occupants of the Sargent home in part 3?
(a) It causes the fire to go out.
(b) It causes the animals to flee the area.
(c) It causes water to drip on the fire and cause smoke to fill the house.
(d) It causes wind to blow through cracks at the windows.
3. What are the guests at the Jordans' corn shelling expected to do?
(a) Peel the outer covering from dried corn.
(b) Make creamed corn from the ears of corn.
(c) Shred the corn kernels from the cob.
(d) Pick the ears of corn.
4. Who weighs heaviest on Marguerite's mind when she thinks of taking Joel Sargent's offer and leave Maine to live in a convent in French Canada?
(d) Aunt Hespa.
5. In part 3, who keeps watch through the night while the men go to check on the fire at Sargent's Point?
(a) The Stanley men.
(b) The Morse men.
(c) The Jordan men.
(d) The Sargent men.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Indians does Marguerite see in the cover and in the woods at the end of Part 4?
2. In part 3, it is revealed that Ira plans to make his home where?
3. Who does Marguerite think of when she and the Sargents indulge in the maple sugar?
4. What is the first word the Indian in the woods speaks to Marguerite?
5. What excuse does Marguerite give Dolly when she slips out of the house Christmas Eve?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)