|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many Indians does Marguerite see in the cover and in the woods at the end of Part 4?
(a) Five or six.
(b) Eighteen or twenty.
(c) Eight or ten.
(d) Over a hundred.
2. What does Joel do while in the throes of a fever in part 4?
(a) Firght Indians.
(b) Moan in agony.
(c) Scream out orders to Ira and Caleb.
(d) Cry out for Debby.
3. What book does Aunt Hespa tell Marguerite inspired the quilt pattern Delectable Mountain?
(a) The Bible.
(b) Pride and Prejudice.
(c) Pilgrim's Pride.
(d) Pilgrim's Passage.
4. What food remains the staple of the Sargents' diet during the long, harsh winter?
(a) Carrots, corn, and peas.
(b) Turnips, radishes, and potatoes.
(c) Tomatoes, dried meat, and rice.
(d) Turnips, cornmeal, and dried fish.
5. What does Ira take to the Welles on his first visit after the worst of the winter storms?
(c) Store bought gifts.
(d) Maple sugar syrup.
Short Answer Questions
1. What favorite memory of her grandmother at Christmas does Marguerite have?
2. What excuse does Marguerite give Dolly when she slips out of the house Christmas Eve?
3. What is the response of the sailors when Caleb asks to go with them to Boston?
4. What is a jog?
5. In part 4, what do the twins draw straws to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Joel Sargent injured in Part 4? How bad is the injury?
2. After the Maypole begins to fall apart at the end of Part 4, how does Marguerite finally make the Indians leave Sargent's Point?
3. What type of gathering do the Jordans have shortly after Timothy Welles and Ethan Jordan return from Portsmouth?
4. What offer does Joel Sargent make to Marguerite at the end of the novel?
5. What do the Sargents do to the sugar maple trees that makes Marguerite fear for their survival?
6. What arrives in the channel to cause a great deal of excitement on Sargent's Point? What do they want?
7. What does Marguerite learn was the only thing the Sargents routinely do to celebrate Christmas?
8. Why does Ira take Marguerite on his first visit to see Abby Welles after the long winter? What does Abby give to Marguerite?
9. What quilt does Aunt Hespa give to Marguerite to complete? For what purpose?
10. How does Marguerite react to the arrival of the Indians after returning the children safely to the house?
This section contains 930 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)