|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Indian call the person who helped heal him in Quebec?
(a) Les Peres Neo.
(b) Les Gris Hombre.
(c) Les Bon Dieu.
(d) Les Peres Gris.
2. Who follows Marguerite to the grave when she finally has a chance to visit it?
3. Why does Dolly quickly insist on putting a splint on Joel's injured leg?
(a) She does not know what else to do.
(b) She needs to straighten the leg.
(c) She wants to give him support to walk.
(d) She is concerned the bones will break through the skin.
4. What gift does Hannah Welles feel Abby should have returned when she made the choice to marry Ira Sargent?
(a) A pocketwatch Captain Hunt gave her.
(b) The six teacups Ethan Jordan gave her.
(c) Silk cloth Seth Jordan gave her.
(d) A bracelet Timothy gave her.
5. In part 3, who sings the most often after the corn shelling is done?
(a) Aunt Hespa.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the guests at the Jordans' corn shelling expected to do?
2. What food does Patty expect to be served at the Jordans' corn shelling?
3. How do Marguerite and Dolly get Joel back to the house after he is injured?
4. In Aunt Hespa's book, who kept Doubting Castle?
5. What is it rumored Ethan paid for Abby's gift?
Short Essay Questions
1. What supplies have the Sargents run low on? Why?
2. What warning is stated in the final chorus of the song Aunt Hespa sings once more during the corn shelling?
3. How does Caleb arrange to travel to Boston on the Fortunate Star?
4. What arrives in the channel to cause a great deal of excitement on Sargent's Point? What do they want?
5. How does Marguerite react to the arrival of the Indians after returning the children safely to the house?
6. What does Marguerite learn was the only thing the Sargents routinely do to celebrate Christmas?
7. Before having a meal during the corn shelling, what do the people of the area pray for?
8. What news do the men bring back from Sargent's Point when they return from checking on the cause of some smoke seen from Sunday Island?
9. After the Maypole begins to fall apart at the end of Part 4, how does Marguerite finally make the Indians leave Sargent's Point?
10. Why does Ira take Marguerite on his first visit to see Abby Welles after the long winter? What does Abby give to Marguerite?
This section contains 898 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)