|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item of clothing does Aunt Hespa give to Marguerite at the end of part 2?
(a) Cotton underclothing.
(b) A new dress.
2. What does Dolly say at the beginning of Part 2 she is grateful for?
(a) Good neighbors willing to work.
(b) Good weather for the Raising.
(c) A good servant in Marguerite.
(d) The health of her children.
3. Who are the Morses?
(a) Neighbors of the Sargents.
(b) Cousins to the Jordans.
(c) Marguerite's family.
(d) The local magistrate.
4. What special addition did Dolly make to Marguerite and the twins' dress the morning of the Raising?
(a) Green ribbons for their hair.
(b) New dresses.
(c) Blue yarn in their hair.
(d) New shoes.
5. What does Marguerite quietly admire about the men working on the house at the Raising?
(a) Their ability to drink freely.
(b) Their ability to do as they please.
(c) Their ability to ignore the children.
(d) Their ability to turn trees into homes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children do the Sargents have?
2. How does Marguerite catch sight of her reflection for the first time in many months?
3. Where are Aunt Hespa's family from?
4. Who rescues Marguerite out of the water after she rescues the cow and calf?
5. What do the children eat with their bread that makes Dolly worry about their cleanliness?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Caleb react when he finds Marguerite and the children wondering alone in the woods?
2. Of what nationality is Marguerite Ledoux? Why do the Sargents call her Maggie?
3. Why does Marguerite stop to investigate a cave while searching for a way out of the woods?
4. What story does Ira tell the children their first night on the ship?
5. What does Aunt Hespa show and teach Marguerite about while walking across the pastures on Sunday Island?
6. What does Marguerite show the Sargents that frightens them the night after she got lost in the woods?
7. How does life on Sunday Island compare to life on Sargents' Point in Marguerite's eyes?
8. What type of cuttings does Seth Jordan bring the Sargents? For what reason?
9. What causes Marguerite a rare moment of happiness during the Raising?
10. What is Marguerite's understanding of her indentured servitude to the Sargents? How long is it to last?
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)