|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of part 2, what does Aunt Hespa have Seth draw a pattern of Marguerite's feet on?
(d) The floor.
2. What is a bound-out girl?
(a) A girl who runs errands for a family.
(b) A girl who travels with families in need.
(c) A girl who works as a servant in exchange for room and board.
(d) A girl who is sent to boarding school.
3. What animal do the children find at Falmouth and decide to adopt?
(a) A bird.
(b) A dog.
(c) A cat.
(d) A tiger cub.
4. What did the captain say takes you places without waiting for no road?
(a) The sea.
(b) A river.
(c) The wind.
(d) Storm clouds.
5. What does Dolly say at the beginning of Part 2 she is grateful for?
(a) The health of her children.
(b) Good neighbors willing to work.
(c) Good weather for the Raising.
(d) A good servant in Marguerite.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Becky Sargent suggest the dog, Pumpkin, smells Indians?
2. What does Marguerite wear on a cord around her neck?
3. What does Marguerite quietly admire about the men working on the house at the Raising?
4. Why does Joel Sargent tell his wife the captain of the Isabella B stayed with them for so long?
5. In part 2, what bird does Marguerite show a reluctance to eat?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Aunt Hespa invite Marguerite to her home at the end of Part 2?
2. What causes some shock and fright as the Sargent family sets eyes on their new farm for the first time?
3. Why are the captain and Joel Sargent surprised to find Caleb and Marguerite still on board the ship after the storm? What does Joel say about Marguerite?
4. What does Abby Welles claim she would like to have when Ethan Jordan and Timothy Welles prepare to sail to Portsmouth on the Isabella B?
5. Why do the children need to be cleaned up? Why do they protest?
6. What does Aunt Hespa show and teach Marguerite about while walking across the pastures on Sunday Island?
7. What does Aunt Hespa tell Dolly and Marguerite to do with the baby to ensure she will not play in the open fire in the main room of the house?
8. Why do the Sargents decide to put the livestock in the water and allow them to swim to their new farm rather than transport them some other way?
9. What type of cuttings does Seth Jordan bring the Sargents? For what reason?
10. Of what nationality is Marguerite Ledoux? Why do the Sargents call her Maggie?
This section contains 1,033 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)