|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of part 2, what does Aunt Hespa have Seth draw a pattern of Marguerite's feet on?
(d) The floor.
2. At the end of part 2, why does Aunt Hespa have Seth draw a pattern of Marguerite's feet?
(a) To show her how to make a drawing of a turkey.
(b) To prepare to build her new shoes.
(c) To help her learn how to make her own stockings.
(d) To create a sock-like thing to help her new boots fit better.
3. In Part 2, rumors of what delayed the sailing of the Isabella B in one of two incidences?
(a) Indian raids.
(b) Heavy seas.
(c) A French invasion.
(d) Bad storms.
4. What is Passageewakeag?
(a) An Indian term for holy land.
(b) A French term for cemetery.
(c) A French term for homeland.
(d) An Indian term for place of ghosts or spirits.
5. What are the mugs made of that Aunt Hespa serves milk in after Marguerite's ordeal in the channel saving the cows?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the things that delayed the sailing of the Isabella B prior to the Raising?
2. How do the twins explain to Marguerite the crickets make their noises?
3. How does Marguerite get a bruise on her forehead?
4. In part 2, what do the men spend most of their evenings doing?
5. Why does Joel Sargent tell his wife the captain of the Isabella B stayed with them for so long?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the Captain refuse to enter Penobscot Bay when they reach the mouth?
2. What arrives in the channel to cause a great deal of excitement on Sargent's Point? What do they want?
3. Why does Dolly refuse to allow Marguerite to go to Sunday Island to get help? Why does their signal of a white sheet fail to gain notice?
4. How does life on Sunday Island compare to life on Sargents' Point in Marguerite's eyes?
5. What does Aunt Hespa show and teach Marguerite about while walking across the pastures on Sunday Island?
6. What luxuries does Marguerite find herself indulging in at Aunt Hespa's house shortly after rescuing the cow and calf?
7. What type of cuttings does Seth Jordan bring the Sargents? For what reason?
8. What warning is stated in the final chorus of the song Aunt Hespa sings once more during the corn shelling?
9. What happens to the cow and her calf when they are put in the water to swim to shore? Who rescues them?
10. Why does Aunt Hespa invite Marguerite to her home at the end of Part 2?
This section contains 1,004 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)