|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is an excuse for festivity as Marguerite guesses in the beginning of Part 2?
(a) Corn shelling.
(b) Barn raising.
(c) A roof raising.
(d) Wool gathering.
2. In part 2, Marguerite stumbles on a cave and finds a pile of bones near a cold fire. What else does she find?
(a) A child's shoe buckle.
(b) A child's toy.
(c) A woman's necklace.
(d) A woman's petticoat.
3. What does Marguerite think of her reflection after having not seen herself for many months?
(a) Her reflection seems odd to her becasue it has matured some.
(b) She likes what she sees.
(c) She is unhappy with the shape of her nose.
(d) She thinks she looks like an Indian.
4. At the end of part 2, what does Aunt Hespa have Seth draw a pattern of Marguerite's feet on?
(d) The floor.
5. Who plays the fiddle during Marguerite's visit at Aunt Hespa's?
(a) Ethan Jordan.
(b) Joel Sargent.
(c) Ira Sargent.
(d) Seth Jordan.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Marguerite catch sight of her reflection for the first time in many months?
2. What is the name of the place where Marguerite and her grandmother end up after they run out of money?
3. What job did Marguerite want to attend to at the Raising?
4. In Aunt Hespa's song, what happens to the young woman's lover?
5. What skill was Marguerite taught by the Sisters in a convent in France?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the cow and her calf when they are put in the water to swim to shore? Who rescues them?
2. How does life on Sunday Island compare to life on Sargents' Point in Marguerite's eyes?
3. Of what nationality is Marguerite Ledoux? Why do the Sargents call her Maggie?
4. Why do the children need to be cleaned up? Why do they protest?
5. What does Aunt Hespa tell Dolly and Marguerite to do with the baby to ensure she will not play in the open fire in the main room of the house?
6. What is a Raising? Why does Caleb tell Marguerite it is important to the family?
7. Why do the children follow the dog to the stream? What do they see? What happens next?
8. What does Marguerite show the Sargents that frightens them the night after she got lost in the woods?
9. What stories does a stranger tell the children when he runs across them on the pasture lands outside Falmouth?
10. Why does Marguerite stop to investigate a cave while searching for a way out of the woods?
This section contains 1,046 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)