Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dolly quickly insist on putting a splint on Joel's injured leg?
(a) She needs to straighten the leg.
(b) She is concerned the bones will break through the skin.
(c) She does not know what else to do.
(d) She wants to give him support to walk.
2. What is a trough?
(a) A bag filled with cornmeal.
(b) A place where animals eat.
(c) A type of tree.
(d) A long, narrow container.
3. In part 4, what do the twins draw straws to do?
(a) Go swimming.
(b) Play with the doll.
(c) Wear a pair of shoes.
(d) Play with the maypole.
4. Who does Marguerite think of when she and the Sargents indulge in the maple sugar?
(b) Seth Jordan.
(c) Abby Welles.
(d) Aunt Hespa.
5. What gift does Hannah Welles feel Abby should have returned when she made the choice to marry Ira Sargent?
(a) A bracelet Timothy gave her.
(b) The six teacups Ethan Jordan gave her.
(c) A pocketwatch Captain Hunt gave her.
(d) Silk cloth Seth Jordan gave her.
6. What book does Aunt Hespa tell Marguerite inspired the quilt pattern Delectable Mountain?
(a) The Bible.
(b) Pilgrim's Pride.
(c) Pilgrim's Passage.
(d) Pride and Prejudice.
7. What does Ira fashion to remove the sap from the sugar maple trees?
(a) A rubber hose.
(b) Hollowed out wooden pegs.
(c) Iron spikes.
(d) Steel nails.
8. What item of clothing does Dolly threaten to make one of and force the other children to stay indoors while one wears it?
(c) Cotton underclothing.
(d) A dress.
9. In part 3, who keeps watch through the night while the men go to check on the fire at Sargent's Point?
(a) The Morse men.
(b) The Stanley men.
(c) The Jordan men.
(d) The Sargent men.
10. At the end of part 3, what is the first word Debby clearly speaks?
11. What does a voice in the chaos of the Indians fighting over the cloth from the Maypole say to Marguerite that causes her to stop fearing for herself and the children?
12. What treat does Abby talk her mother into serving Ira Sargent and Marguerite?
(a) Spice cake.
(b) Molasses cakes.
(c) Fresh bread.
(d) Pumpkin pie.
13. What date does Ira Sargent tell Marguerite it will be the day after she has visited Debby's grave?
(a) January 1.
(b) February 27.
(c) December 31.
(d) March 1.
14. In part 3, whose cruel comments have caused Marguerite to feel sad and old?
15. What item does Marguerite wish she had at the beginning of part 3 so that she might pray for Ira Sargent and Abby Welles?
(a) A St. Jude medal.
(b) A crucifix.
(c) A Bible.
(d) A rosary.
Short Answer Questions
1. In part 3, it is revealed that Ira plans to make his home where?
2. What would Marguerite have learned to do at the convent if she had remained another year?
3. What does Jacob declare the sugar maple sap tastes like?
4. What is it rumored Ethan paid for Abby's gift?
5. Who follows Marguerite to the grave when she finally has a chance to visit it?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)