1. Of whom is the poem Maypole Point about?
2. Why has the author begun her book with the poem Maypole Point?
To preface the story.
3. What is the point of view of the novel?
Third person omniscient.
4. Who is the main character of Calico Bush?
5. In what year does the novel begin?
6. What is Marguerite untangling as the novel begins?
7. What animal does Marguerite think Dolly resembles in her homespun dress and scoop bonnet?
8. What does Marguerite quickly learn a bound-out girl is not expected to hold?
Opinions of their own.
This section contains 5,270 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)