|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Spring.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dolly quickly insist on putting a splint on Joel's injured leg?
(a) She is concerned the bones will break through the skin.
(b) She needs to straighten the leg.
(c) She does not know what else to do.
(d) She wants to give him support to walk.
2. What does Marguerite think of her reflection after having not seen herself for many months?
(a) She is unhappy with the shape of her nose.
(b) She likes what she sees.
(c) She thinks she looks like an Indian.
(d) Her reflection seems odd to her becasue it has matured some.
3. Who rescues Marguerite out of the water after she rescues the cow and calf?
(a) Ira Sargent.
(b) Caleb Sargent.
(c) Joel Sargent.
(d) Dolly Sargent.
4. To what does Caleb often compare Marguerite to, suggesting his thoughts as to her trustworthiness?
5. Why does Abby want to learn the embroidery stitches Marguerite learned to do in a convent in France?
(a) To decorate some napkins she is making for the home she will share with Ira.
(b) To decorate the collars of her new dresses.
(c) To impress her mother.
(d) To make a fancy wedding dress.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the children hope will come find them while they are lost in the woods in part 2?
2. At the beginning of part 4, what does Ira wish there was between Sargent's Point and the Welles farm?
3. What is still left to be done in the Sargents' house after the Raising is done?
4. At the end of part 3, what is the first word Debby clearly speaks?
5. Why does Marguerite only use French when she is alone?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)