|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Spring.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much older than Marguerite is Caleb?
(a) Two years.
(b) A year.
(c) The same age.
(d) Three years.
2. What are the mugs made of that Aunt Hespa serves milk in after Marguerite's ordeal in the channel saving the cows?
3. Who is Seth Jordan?
(a) The previous owner of the Sargents' farm.
(b) Marguerite's cousin.
(c) One of the Sargents' new neighbors.
(d) The governor of the village where the Sargents are settling.
4. In Aunt Hespa's song, what happens to the young woman's lover?
(a) He froze to death working in the fields of his farm.
(b) He froze to death while traveling to get his bride a nice wedding dress.
(c) He was murdered by theives.
(d) He died at sea.
5. Who built the casket for Debby's body?
(a) Ethan Jordan.
(b) Ira Sargent.
(c) Joel Sargent.
(d) Seth Jordan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would Marguerite have learned to do at the convent if she had remained another year?
2. What chore does Caleb allow Marguerite to do that she often finds wearisome, though she refuses to tell Caleb, in Part 2?
3. In part 3, who does Marguerite find preparing for breakfast in the kitchen the morning after the men go to check on smoke at Sargent's Point?
4. In part 3, what advice does Seth Jordan give Joel Sargent when Joel plans on his return to Sargent's Point?
5. Why does Becky Sargent suggest the dog, Pumpkin, smells Indians?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)