|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Spring.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job did Marguerite want to attend to at the Raising?
(a) Filling the spaces between the logs on the new house.
(b) Cooking the wildfowl.
(c) Minding the children.
(d) Keeping flies from the food.
2. What does Dolly Sargent use to nurse her baby on the ship?
(a) A wooden cup.
(b) Cleaned pig intestines.
(c) A hollowed out gourd filled with milk.
(d) A rubber glove.
3. Why does Joel Sargent refuse to ask any of his neighbors for more ammunition?
(a) He does not think his neighbors would give him any because they all want to see the Indians get him and the family.
(b) He does not want to impose.
(c) He doesn't believe they would give it to him either from need or because he refused to listen to advice.
(d) He is too proud to beg for anything.
4. Where does young Jacob sit while eating his midday meal?
(a) On the ship's rail.
(b) On a keg.
(c) On Marguerite's lap.
(d) On the ship's deck.
5. What does Aunt Hespa bring for Marguerite when she arrives at the Raising?
(a) A doll.
(b) Fresh herbs.
(c) New stockings.
(d) A new dress.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Joel's largest concern as he lay disabled by his injury in part 4?
2. In part 3, what advice does Seth Jordan give Joel Sargent when Joel plans on his return to Sargent's Point?
3. What special clothing is Debby wearing for the Raising?
4. What does Aunt Hespa boil in milk to help cure health complaints?
5. What task do the men set to as they wait for the final days of winter to blow away?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)