|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Spring.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Off of what island is it said is the best fishing in Penobscot Bay?
(a) Mount Desert.
(c) Isle au Haut.
(d) Sunday Island.
2. What change in her private thoughts does Marguerite suddenly notice in part 4?
(a) She no longer thinks in French.
(b) She no longer remembers her grandmother's face.
(c) She no longer wants to return to Le Harve.
(d) She no longer thinks of Debby.
3. What is one of the reasons Joel Sargent gives for deciding to sell all he owns to buy this new farm?
(a) The large amount of land as compared to only an acre or two in Marblehead.
(b) The farmhouse.
(c) The sugar maples on the new land.
(d) The ability to grow more food for the family.
4. What does grit mean as used in Part 1 of this novel?
5. What is an excuse for festivity as Marguerite guesses in the beginning of Part 2?
(a) Corn shelling.
(b) Wool gathering.
(c) A roof raising.
(d) Barn raising.
Short Answer Questions
1. What work do the women indulge after the large meal is finished during the Raising?
2. What special addition did Dolly make to Marguerite and the twins' dress the morning of the Raising?
3. What is the name of the ship the Sargents are sailing on to get to their new farm?
4. What does Dolly Sargent use to nurse her baby on the ship?
5. Who is Seth Jordan?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)