|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Spring.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What crops did the Sargents plant upon their arrival that are just coming up in Part 2?
(a) Potatoes, tomatoes, and beans.
(b) Potatoes, rice, and watermelon.
(c) Corn, turnips, and potatoes.
(d) Corn, rice, and radishes.
2. What does Caleb Sargent often call Marguerite in the beginning of the novel?
3. What book does Aunt Hespa tell Marguerite inspired the quilt pattern Delectable Mountain?
(a) The Bible.
(b) Pilgrim's Pride.
(c) Pride and Prejudice.
(d) Pilgrim's Passage.
4. What is Joel's largest concern as he lay disabled by his injury in part 4?
(a) That the Jordans will not help.
(b) That the Indians might come and take advantage of their vulnerability.
(c) That the fields will not be planted in time.
(d) That he cannot help care for the children.
5. How does Susan claim the Indians eat their clams in part 4?
(a) Fried in oil.
(c) Cooked wrapped in seaweed.
(d) Cooked in a stew.
Short Answer Questions
1. What food remains the staple of the Sargents' diet during the long, harsh winter?
2. Why does Joel Sargent refuse to ask any of his neighbors for more ammunition?
3. What does Aunt Hespa boil in milk to help cure health complaints?
4. What work do the women indulge after the large meal is finished during the Raising?
5. What special clothing is Debby wearing for the Raising?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)