|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Spring.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of part 2, what does Aunt Hespa have Seth draw a pattern of Marguerite's feet on?
(d) The floor.
2. What things does Hannah Welles criticize Ira Sargent for in part 4?
(a) His lack of income and his desire to return to Portsmouth.
(b) His dependence on his brother and his lack of a work ethic.
(c) His dependence on his brother and settling on land known to have been raided by Indians.
(d) His inability to provide a home and shelter to her daughter.
3. What food does Patty expect to be served at the Jordans' corn shelling?
(a) Fried chicken.
(b) Molasses cakes.
(c) Potato salad.
(d) Hasty pudding.
4. In part 2, what bird does Marguerite show a reluctance to eat?
5. In part 3, who sings the most often after the corn shelling is done?
(c) Aunt Hespa.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Marguerite tell the children people in France and England dance the Maypole?
2. What unpleasant side effect does a storm have on the occupants of the Sargent home in part 3?
3. What is a skiff?
4. In part 3, who keeps watch through the night while the men go to check on the fire at Sargent's Point?
5. What date does Ira Sargent tell Marguerite it will be the day after she has visited Debby's grave?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)