|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Spring.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who follows Marguerite to the grave when she finally has a chance to visit it?
2. In part 3, who does Marguerite find preparing for breakfast in the kitchen the morning after the men go to check on smoke at Sargent's Point?
(a) Abby and Hannah Welles.
(b) Abby Welles and Aunt Hespa.
(c) Dolly and Aunt Hespa.
(d) Kate Stanley and Dolly.
3. What is still left to be done in the Sargents' house after the Raising is done?
(a) A stove needs to be brought from Marblehead.
(b) Floors to be laid and furnishing constructed.
(c) Windows need glass.
(d) Bedrooms are to be added later.
4. Who plays the fiddle during Marguerite's visit at Aunt Hespa's?
(a) Joel Sargent.
(b) Ira Sargent.
(c) Ethan Jordan.
(d) Seth Jordan.
5. What is the name of the place where Marguerite and her grandmother end up after they run out of money?
(d) Poor Farm.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who taught Marguerite to dance the pavane?
2. What job did Marguerite want to attend to at the Raising?
3. Who responds to Marguerite with friendliness at the Raising that brings Marguerite pleasure?
4. What would Marguerite have learned to do at the convent if she had remained another year?
5. What is the name of the girl in Aunt Hespa's song, Calico Bush?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)