|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Spring.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Marguerite is awoken by the storm, what is the first thing she does?
(a) Reaches for her money.
(b) Reaches for the children.
(c) Reaches for her belongings.
(d) Reaches for her rosary.
2. What do Marguerite and the twins spend the morning of the Raising doing?
(a) Picking feathers from wildfowl.
(b) Garnishing puddings and cakes.
(c) Planting rows of corn.
3. What does Caleb Sargent often call Marguerite in the beginning of the novel?
4. In part 3, what drink does Ira give the dog when it returns from its fight with the Indians?
5. What is the point of view of the novel?
(a) Third person omniscient.
(b) Second person.
(c) First person.
(d) Third person limited.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the mugs made of that Aunt Hespa serves milk in after Marguerite's ordeal in the channel saving the cows?
2. What kind of dress to several of the Sargent children wish they could have?
3. What is a reel?
4. What is Passageewakeag?
5. Why does Dolly quickly insist on putting a splint on Joel's injured leg?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)