|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Spring.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item does Marguerite wish she had at the beginning of part 3 so that she might pray for Ira Sargent and Abby Welles?
(a) A crucifix.
(b) A rosary.
(c) A Bible.
(d) A St. Jude medal.
2. What does Marguerite say over the grave when she first visits Debby's grave?
(a) A French lullaby.
(b) A French prayer.
(c) An English lullaby.
(d) An English prayer.
3. What gift did Ethan Jordan bring to Abby Welles upon his return from Portsmouth?
(a) A bracelet.
(c) Silk material for a dress.
(d) China cups.
4. What is a trough?
(a) A type of tree.
(b) A long, narrow container.
(c) A bag filled with cornmeal.
(d) A place where animals eat.
5. In what language does Marguerite sing her Christmas carols?
Short Answer Questions
1. In part 2, what bird does Marguerite show a reluctance to eat?
2. Why is one of the ears of corn red?
3. From what port in France did Marguerite, her uncle, and her grandmother sail from the year before the opening of the novel?
4. What type of dress that Abby is making does she show Marguerite on her visit in part 4?
5. In part 3, who sings the most often after the corn shelling is done?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)