|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Spring.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In part 2, what bird does Marguerite show a reluctance to eat?
2. What is the name of the place where Marguerite and her grandmother end up after they run out of money?
(a) Poor Farm.
3. In part 3, what drink does Ira give the dog when it returns from its fight with the Indians?
4. In what year does the novel begin?
5. In part 2, Marguerite stumbles on a cave and finds a pile of bones near a cold fire. What else does she find?
(a) A woman's necklace.
(b) A child's toy.
(c) A woman's petticoat.
(d) A child's shoe buckle.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Marguerite get a bruise on her forehead?
2. What did the captain say takes you places without waiting for no road?
3. In part 3, who sings the most often after the corn shelling is done?
4. Who does Marguerite think of when she and the Sargents indulge in the maple sugar?
5. What is it rumored Ethan paid for Abby's gift?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)