|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Spring.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In part 3, what gift did Ethan bring his father that causes joy for Marguerite?
(a) New strings for his violin.
(b) Maple syrup.
(c) A record player.
(d) A new violin.
2. How does Marguerite catch sight of her reflection for the first time in many months?
(a) She finds a mirror among Dolly's belongings.
(b) She sees her reflection in a window.
(c) She sees her reflection in the water.
(d) She finds a looking glass in the woods.
3. What item of clothing does Aunt Hespa give to Marguerite at the end of part 2?
(a) A new dress.
(d) Cotton underclothing.
4. In part 3, how does Marguerite spend the long night while the men check the fire at Sargent's Point?
(b) Reciting old prayers from the Bible.
(d) Reciting the rosary despite her lack of beads.
5. The growth of what plants signal the end of summer for Marguerite?
(a) Strawberries and beans.
(b) Milk thistle and blue bonnets.
(c) Goldenrod and red berries.
(d) Goldenrod and blueberries.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift did Ethan Jordan bring to Abby Welles upon his return from Portsmouth?
2. What is Joel's largest concern as he lay disabled by his injury in part 4?
3. To where were Marguerite, her uncle, and her grandmother planning to go when they left France?
4. What food remains the staple of the Sargents' diet during the long, harsh winter?
5. How many pairs of shoes does Dolly tell Aunt Hespa there are for her children and Marguerite that winter in Part 2?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)