|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Spring.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In part 3, what drink does Ira give the dog when it returns from its fight with the Indians?
2. What kind of dress to several of the Sargent children wish they could have?
(a) Dresses with long, stiff skirts.
(b) Dresses of silk.
(c) Dresses with color and patterns.
(d) Dresses of soft cotton.
3. Why does Marguerite decide Indians must not be so bad as they travel through Penobscot Bay?
(a) One saved a French explorer.
(b) A Baron of France married one.
(c) They often live with the French.
(d) They come from French Canada.
4. As the weather warms, what fear comes over the Sargent family?
(a) Fear of failure with the crops.
(b) Fear of disease.
(c) Fear Ira and Caleb will fail to return.
(d) Fear of Indian raids.
5. Who taught Marguerite to dance the pavane?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Uncle Pierre.
(c) Her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the children eat with their bread that makes Dolly worry about their cleanliness?
2. Who responds to Marguerite with friendliness at the Raising that brings Marguerite pleasure?
3. How do the twins explain to Marguerite the crickets make their noises?
4. From what port in France did Marguerite, her uncle, and her grandmother sail from the year before the opening of the novel?
5. Who are the Morses?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)