|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Spring.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of dress that Abby is making does she show Marguerite on her visit in part 4?
2. What food remains the staple of the Sargents' diet during the long, harsh winter?
(a) Turnips, cornmeal, and dried fish.
(b) Tomatoes, dried meat, and rice.
(c) Carrots, corn, and peas.
(d) Turnips, radishes, and potatoes.
3. When Marguerite finds the cave in the woods, what about it frightens her?
(a) The idea of bears.
(b) The bats.
(c) The closeness.
(d) The smell.
4. What landmark does Marguerite try to fix in her mind to recall once she returns to Sargent's Point?
(a) Mount Desert.
(b) Penobscot Bay.
(c) Sunday Island.
(d) Isle de Jean.
5. What does Aunt Hespa boil in milk to help cure health complaints?
(b) Mullein leaves.
(c) Sheep laurel petals.
(d) Bayberry leaves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What task do the men set to as they wait for the final days of winter to blow away?
2. In part 3, who does Marguerite find preparing for breakfast in the kitchen the morning after the men go to check on smoke at Sargent's Point?
3. How many children do the Stanleys have?
4. Why does Marguerite decide Indians must not be so bad as they travel through Penobscot Bay?
5. In part 2, what do the men spend most of their evenings doing?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)