|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Spring.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who responds to Marguerite with friendliness at the Raising that brings Marguerite pleasure?
(a) Ira Sargent.
(b) Abby Welles.
(c) Caleb Sargent.
(d) Dolly Sargent.
2. At the end of part 2, what does Aunt Hespa have Seth draw a pattern of Marguerite's feet on?
(b) The floor.
3. Which of the children begins to show the most ill effects from the harsh winter weather?
4. What does the Indian call the person who helped heal him in Quebec?
(a) Les Peres Gris.
(b) Les Gris Hombre.
(c) Les Bon Dieu.
(d) Les Peres Neo.
5. What is Joel's largest concern as he lay disabled by his injury in part 4?
(a) That the Jordans will not help.
(b) That he cannot help care for the children.
(c) That the fields will not be planted in time.
(d) That the Indians might come and take advantage of their vulnerability.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a reel?
2. In part 3, who expresses fear for Pumpkin the dog when the party at the Jordans' notice the smoke on Sargent's Point?
3. How does Susan claim the Indians eat their clams in part 4?
4. What cargo does the Fortunate Star carry?
5. What does Marguerite call the button she presses into the Indian's hand before leaving him?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)