|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Spring.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What work do the women indulge after the large meal is finished during the Raising?
(b) Washing dishes.
(c) Darning socks.
(d) Knitting and patchwork.
2. At the end of part 2, why does Aunt Hespa have Seth draw a pattern of Marguerite's feet?
(a) To show her how to make a drawing of a turkey.
(b) To prepare to build her new shoes.
(c) To create a sock-like thing to help her new boots fit better.
(d) To help her learn how to make her own stockings.
3. In part 3, who expresses fear for Pumpkin the dog when the party at the Jordans' notice the smoke on Sargent's Point?
(d) The twins.
4. Which of the children begins to show the most ill effects from the harsh winter weather?
5. What does Jacob declare the sugar maple sap tastes like?
(c) Sugar water.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sport does Caleb indulge in that has resulted in great amounts of meat to be dried for winter use?
2. What things does Hannah Welles criticize Ira Sargent for in part 4?
3. What does Caleb Sargent often call Marguerite in the beginning of the novel?
4. In part 3, whose cruel comments have caused Marguerite to feel sad and old?
5. What book does Aunt Hespa tell Marguerite inspired the quilt pattern Delectable Mountain?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)