|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Spring.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Champlain?
(a) A French aristocrat.
(b) A French priest.
(c) A French explorer.
(d) A French painter.
2. At the end of part 2, why does Aunt Hespa have Seth draw a pattern of Marguerite's feet?
(a) To show her how to make a drawing of a turkey.
(b) To prepare to build her new shoes.
(c) To create a sock-like thing to help her new boots fit better.
(d) To help her learn how to make her own stockings.
3. What is a loom?
(a) A device that weaves thread into cloth.
(b) A device that dyes raw wool.
(c) A device that cleans raw wool.
(d) A device that makes thread from wool.
4. At the end of part 3, what is the first word Debby clearly speaks?
5. What complaint does Dolly make in part 4 as Joel prepares the fields for planting?
(a) That he is not working hard enough.
(b) That he is trying to do everything too perfectly.
(c) That he is working too hard.
(d) That he is not doing a good enough job.
Short Answer Questions
1. In part 3, who does Marguerite find preparing for breakfast in the kitchen the morning after the men go to check on smoke at Sargent's Point?
2. What are the mugs made of that Aunt Hespa serves milk in after Marguerite's ordeal in the channel saving the cows?
3. What treat does Abby talk her mother into serving Ira Sargent and Marguerite?
4. Off of what island is it said is the best fishing in Penobscot Bay?
5. In part 3, whose cruel comments have caused Marguerite to feel sad and old?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)