|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Spring.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news did Seth Jordan bring the Welles that Hannah demands more details about?
(a) Raids by the Indians during the winter.
(b) The death of Debby.
(c) Jacob's injury.
(d) Marguerite's trek across the frozen channel.
2. Who is Marguerite a little afraid of seeing when they reach the Welles' farm?
(a) Timothy Welles.
(b) Nathan Welles.
(c) Abby Welles.
(d) Hannah Welles.
3. What about her own appearance does Marguerite become aware when sitting near Abby Welles?
(a) Her holey shoes.
(b) Her uncombed hair.
(c) Her torn stockings.
(d) Her old, outgrown dress.
4. How do the twins explain to Marguerite the crickets make their noises?
(a) Rubbing their antenna together.
(b) Rubbing their hind legs together.
(c) Rubbing their tails together.
(d) Rubbing their front legs together.
5. What food does Patty expect to be served at the Jordans' corn shelling?
(a) Potato salad.
(b) Hasty pudding.
(c) Fried chicken.
(d) Molasses cakes.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of part 2, what does Aunt Hespa have Seth draw a pattern of Marguerite's feet on?
2. What is an excuse for festivity as Marguerite guesses in the beginning of Part 2?
3. What does the Indian call the person who helped heal him in Quebec?
4. How many children do the Sargents have?
5. Who is Jerusha?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)