|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Spring.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first word the Indian in the woods speaks to Marguerite?
2. What would Marguerite have learned to do at the convent if she had remained another year?
(a) Quilt making.
(d) Dress making.
3. Who weighs heaviest on Marguerite's mind when she thinks of taking Joel Sargent's offer and leave Maine to live in a convent in French Canada?
(a) Aunt Hespa.
4. What is the point of view of the novel?
(a) Third person omniscient.
(b) Third person limited.
(c) First person.
(d) Second person.
5. What item does Marguerite wish she had at the beginning of part 3 so that she might pray for Ira Sargent and Abby Welles?
(a) A Bible.
(b) A St. Jude medal.
(c) A crucifix.
(d) A rosary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jacob declare the sugar maple sap tastes like?
2. Who plays the fiddle during Marguerite's visit at Aunt Hespa's?
3. What work do the women indulge after the large meal is finished during the Raising?
4. In part 2, why does Joel Sargent forbid Marguerite from telling the neighbors about the items she found in the cave?
5. Why does Marguerite only use French when she is alone?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)