|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Spring.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Indian call the person who helped heal him in Quebec?
(a) Les Peres Gris.
(b) Les Peres Neo.
(c) Les Gris Hombre.
(d) Les Bon Dieu.
2. Which of the children begins to show the most ill effects from the harsh winter weather?
3. Why is one of the ears of corn red?
(a) It hides money in its silk.
(b) It is a traditional object of good luck.
(c) It is a sign that the person who finds it will marry soon.
(d) It is a game. The winner gets out of work for the day.
4. What gift did Ethan Jordan bring to Abby Welles upon his return from Portsmouth?
(a) Silk material for a dress.
(c) China cups.
(d) A bracelet.
5. How do Marguerite and Dolly get Joel back to the house after he is injured?
(a) They call the Jordans.
(b) They drag him, crawling foot by foot.
(c) They force him to walk.
(d) They pick him up and carry him together.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Sargents do with the sap once they have drained it from the trees?
2. At the end of part 3, what is the first word Debby clearly speaks?
3. What favorite memory of her grandmother at Christmas does Marguerite have?
4. Who says the young man in Aunt Hespa's song was wrong to leave his lover?
5. What reason does the captain give for changing the originally intended course of the ship to the new farm?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)