|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Spring.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In part 3, who does Marguerite find preparing for breakfast in the kitchen the morning after the men go to check on smoke at Sargent's Point?
(a) Kate Stanley and Dolly.
(b) Abby Welles and Aunt Hespa.
(c) Dolly and Aunt Hespa.
(d) Abby and Hannah Welles.
2. From what port in France did Marguerite, her uncle, and her grandmother sail from the year before the opening of the novel?
(c) Le Havre.
3. What job is Marguerite immediately given as the Raising starts?
(a) Watching over the children.
(b) Cooking the wildfowl.
(c) Keeping flies from the food.
(d) Filling the spaces between logs on the new house.
4. What special addition did Dolly make to Marguerite and the twins' dress the morning of the Raising?
(a) Blue yarn in their hair.
(b) Green ribbons for their hair.
(c) New dresses.
(d) New shoes.
5. At the end of part 2, what does Aunt Hespa have Seth draw a pattern of Marguerite's feet on?
(d) The floor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Marguerite tell the children people in France and England dance the Maypole?
2. Which of the children begins to show the most ill effects from the harsh winter weather?
3. How does Marguerite catch sight of her reflection for the first time in many months?
4. What is a skiff?
5. What is it rumored Ethan paid for Abby's gift?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)