|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Spring.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What crops did the Sargents plant upon their arrival that are just coming up in Part 2?
(a) Potatoes, rice, and watermelon.
(b) Corn, turnips, and potatoes.
(c) Corn, rice, and radishes.
(d) Potatoes, tomatoes, and beans.
2. Why did Marguerite not attend Debby's burial?
(a) The Sargents would not allow it.
(b) She refused to accept the child's death.
(c) She had a cold.
(d) Her feet were too swollen from the cold.
3. How do the twins explain to Marguerite the crickets make their noises?
(a) Rubbing their antenna together.
(b) Rubbing their front legs together.
(c) Rubbing their tails together.
(d) Rubbing their hind legs together.
4. From what port in France did Marguerite, her uncle, and her grandmother sail from the year before the opening of the novel?
(d) Le Havre.
5. How much older than Marguerite is Caleb?
(a) The same age.
(b) Two years.
(c) Three years.
(d) A year.
Short Answer Questions
1. What date does Ira Sargent tell Marguerite it will be the day after she has visited Debby's grave?
2. What is the name of the place where Marguerite and her grandmother end up after they run out of money?
3. What does Ira Sargent compare to pulling the teeth of a giant?
4. What does Joel do while in the throes of a fever in part 4?
5. Why does Joel Sargent tell his wife the captain of the Isabella B stayed with them for so long?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)