|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Spring.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 2, rumors of what delayed the sailing of the Isabella B in one of two incidences?
(a) Bad storms.
(b) Indian raids.
(c) A French invasion.
(d) Heavy seas.
2. What is it rumored Ethan paid for Abby's gift?
(a) A shilling.
(b) Two pounds sterling.
(c) Two pence.
(d) A pound sterling.
3. What animal do the children find at Falmouth and decide to adopt?
(a) A cat.
(b) A dog.
(c) A bird.
(d) A tiger cub.
4. Who does Dolly blame for the baby's burns?
(a) Joel for brining them there and herself for not teaching the child to fear fire.
(b) Ira for putting too many logs on the fire.
(c) Marguerite for not watching the child closer.
(d) The twins for pushing the child close to the fire.
5. What excuse does Marguerite give Dolly when she slips out of the house Christmas Eve?
(a) She wants to look for blueberries.
(b) She wants to look for eggs.
(c) She wants to milk the cow.
(d) She wants to gather pine cones for the fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marguerite quietly admire about the men working on the house at the Raising?
2. What is an excuse for festivity as Marguerite guesses in the beginning of Part 2?
3. What does Caleb ask Marguerite to take care of in his absence?
4. What news did Seth Jordan bring the Welles that Hannah demands more details about?
5. What is the last thing the men do to the house before they finish work at the Raising?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)