|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Spring.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In part 3, who does Marguerite find preparing for breakfast in the kitchen the morning after the men go to check on smoke at Sargent's Point?
(a) Abby and Hannah Welles.
(b) Dolly and Aunt Hespa.
(c) Kate Stanley and Dolly.
(d) Abby Welles and Aunt Hespa.
2. What is the name of the place where Marguerite and her grandmother end up after they run out of money?
(b) Poor Farm.
3. What excuse does Marguerite give Dolly when she slips out of the house Christmas Eve?
(a) She wants to milk the cow.
(b) She wants to look for eggs.
(c) She wants to gather pine cones for the fire.
(d) She wants to look for blueberries.
4. What do the Sargents do with the sap once they have drained it from the trees?
(a) Drink it.
(b) Lay it in the sun to dry in sheets.
(c) Store it away.
(d) Boil it.
5. What is the point of view of the novel?
(a) Second person.
(b) Third person omniscient.
(c) First person.
(d) Third person limited.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Marguerite not attend Debby's burial?
2. What kind of dress to several of the Sargent children wish they could have?
3. Why does Dolly quickly insist on putting a splint on Joel's injured leg?
4. What is the name of the girl in Aunt Hespa's song, Calico Bush?
5. Who follows Marguerite to the grave when she finally has a chance to visit it?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)