|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Spring.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Marguerite keep going in the right direction during her attempts to retrieve Aunt Hespa?
(a) She follows the tip of the Big Dipper.
(b) She follows the Aurora Borealis.
(c) She follows Pumpkin.
(d) She follows Caleb.
2. What book does Aunt Hespa tell Marguerite inspired the quilt pattern Delectable Mountain?
(a) The Bible.
(b) Pride and Prejudice.
(c) Pilgrim's Passage.
(d) Pilgrim's Pride.
3. In part 2, why does Joel Sargent forbid Marguerite from telling the neighbors about the items she found in the cave?
(a) To keep from scaring the neighbors into leaving the area.
(b) To keep from being forced from their land.
(c) To keep from spreading fear or bringing retribution on themselves.
(d) To keep from inspiring revenge killings.
4. In part 3, it is revealed that Ira plans to make his home where?
(a) On an acre of land Mr. Welles has given him.
(b) On Sunday Island.
(c) On a hundred acres of land on Sargent's Point that Joel has given him.
(d) In Marblehead.
5. Who taught Marguerite to dance the pavane?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Uncle Pierre.
(d) Her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marguerite quietly admire about the men working on the house at the Raising?
2. What is Joel's largest concern as he lay disabled by his injury in part 4?
3. To where were Marguerite, her uncle, and her grandmother planning to go when they left France?
4. How many Indians does Marguerite see in the cover and in the woods at the end of Part 4?
5. What does Marguerite wear on a cord around her neck?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)