|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Spring.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the children begins to show the most ill effects from the harsh winter weather?
2. What is a bound-out girl?
(a) A girl who runs errands for a family.
(b) A girl who is sent to boarding school.
(c) A girl who works as a servant in exchange for room and board.
(d) A girl who travels with families in need.
3. What is still left to be done in the Sargents' house after the Raising is done?
(a) Windows need glass.
(b) A stove needs to be brought from Marblehead.
(c) Floors to be laid and furnishing constructed.
(d) Bedrooms are to be added later.
4. What reason does the captain give for changing the originally intended course of the ship to the new farm?
(a) There are too many children on board to risk a slower route.
(b) The ship is heavily loaded.
(c) There are too many storms in the area.
(d) The ship is too light.
5. What did the captain say takes you places without waiting for no road?
(a) The sea.
(b) The wind.
(c) Storm clouds.
(d) A river.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Champlain?
2. What is one of the reasons Joel Sargent gives for deciding to sell all he owns to buy this new farm?
3. How much older than Marguerite is Caleb?
4. What is the response of the sailors when Caleb asks to go with them to Boston?
5. Who says the young man in Aunt Hespa's song was wrong to leave his lover?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)