|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Spring.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a trough?
(a) A type of tree.
(b) A long, narrow container.
(c) A place where animals eat.
(d) A bag filled with cornmeal.
2. Why does Dolly quickly insist on putting a splint on Joel's injured leg?
(a) She wants to give him support to walk.
(b) She is concerned the bones will break through the skin.
(c) She needs to straighten the leg.
(d) She does not know what else to do.
3. What does Marguerite wear on a cord around her neck?
(a) A button of her uncle's and a brooch of her grandmother's.
(b) Her uncle's wedding ring and her grandmother's watch.
(c) Her grandmother's ring and her uncle's photograph.
(d) One of her uncle's buttons and her grandmother's plain gold ring.
4. In part 3, who sings the most often after the corn shelling is done?
(a) Aunt Hespa.
5. In Aunt Hespa's song, what is the dress the young woman wanted to make her dress out of?
(a) Sprigged calico.
(b) Spun cotton.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ira take to the Welles on his first visit after the worst of the winter storms?
2. What does a voice in the chaos of the Indians fighting over the cloth from the Maypole say to Marguerite that causes her to stop fearing for herself and the children?
3. What does Dolly Sargent use to nurse her baby on the ship?
4. Who says the young man in Aunt Hespa's song was wrong to leave his lover?
5. What is a loom?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)