|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Spring.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal does Marguerite think Dolly resembles in her homespun dress and scoop bonnet?
(a) A pig.
(b) A sheep.
(c) A hen.
(d) A cow.
2. What type of dress that Abby is making does she show Marguerite on her visit in part 4?
3. Why is the roof of the cave darkened?
(a) The damp has caused a growth of mold.
(b) The Indians have drawn on it.
(c) The bears have rubbed against it, staining it with the oils from their coats.
(d) There have been many fires inside the cave.
4. How does Susan claim the Indians eat their clams in part 4?
(a) Cooked in a stew.
(b) Fried in oil.
(d) Cooked wrapped in seaweed.
5. Who is to sail with the Isabella B when it leaves for Portsmouth?
(a) Ira Sargent and Caleb Sargent.
(b) Ira Sargent and Ethan Jordan.
(c) Timothy Welles and Ethan Jordan.
(d) Timothy and Abby Welles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Joel Sargent refuse to ask any of his neighbors for more ammunition?
2. What task do the men set to as they wait for the final days of winter to blow away?
3. In part 3, whose cruel comments have caused Marguerite to feel sad and old?
4. Why does Marguerite tell the children people in France and England dance the Maypole?
5. What does Caleb criticize Marguerite for doing after she saw the bear?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)