|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Spring.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Aunt Hespa's song, what happens to the young woman's lover?
(a) He died at sea.
(b) He was murdered by theives.
(c) He froze to death working in the fields of his farm.
(d) He froze to death while traveling to get his bride a nice wedding dress.
2. In part 2, Marguerite stumbles on a cave and finds a pile of bones near a cold fire. What else does she find?
(a) A woman's petticoat.
(b) A child's toy.
(c) A woman's necklace.
(d) A child's shoe buckle.
3. What skill was Marguerite taught by the Sisters in a convent in France?
4. What gift does Hannah Welles feel Abby should have returned when she made the choice to marry Ira Sargent?
(a) A pocketwatch Captain Hunt gave her.
(b) A bracelet Timothy gave her.
(c) The six teacups Ethan Jordan gave her.
(d) Silk cloth Seth Jordan gave her.
5. What sound does Marguerite hear in the fog that convinces her there are Indians surrounding her?
(a) Bird calls.
(c) Breaking branches.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ira Sargent compare to pulling the teeth of a giant?
2. In part 3, who does Marguerite find preparing for breakfast in the kitchen the morning after the men go to check on smoke at Sargent's Point?
3. Why does Marguerite decide Indians must not be so bad as they travel through Penobscot Bay?
4. Who is Jerusha?
5. What complaint does Dolly make in part 4 as Joel prepares the fields for planting?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)