|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Spring.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the last thing the men do to the house before they finish work at the Raising?
(a) Clean up the wood chips from the chopping of logs.
(b) Install glass in the windows.
(c) Carry the furniture into the house.
(d) Press moss into the cracks between the logs.
2. What does Marguerite quietly admire about the men working on the house at the Raising?
(a) Their ability to do as they please.
(b) Their ability to drink freely.
(c) Their ability to ignore the children.
(d) Their ability to turn trees into homes.
3. Who is to sail with the Isabella B when it leaves for Portsmouth?
(a) Ira Sargent and Ethan Jordan.
(b) Timothy and Abby Welles.
(c) Ira Sargent and Caleb Sargent.
(d) Timothy Welles and Ethan Jordan.
4. How does Marguerite catch sight of her reflection for the first time in many months?
(a) She sees her reflection in a window.
(b) She sees her reflection in the water.
(c) She finds a mirror among Dolly's belongings.
(d) She finds a looking glass in the woods.
5. Who is Champlain?
(a) A French priest.
(b) A French painter.
(c) A French aristocrat.
(d) A French explorer.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Marguerite and Dolly get Joel back to the house after he is injured?
2. In part 2, what does Aunt Hespa tell Marguerite she is waiting for in order to complete the squares for her Delectable Mountain quilt?
3. As the weather warms, what fear comes over the Sargent family?
4. Why does Abby want to learn the embroidery stitches Marguerite learned to do in a convent in France?
5. At the beginning of part 4, what does Ira wish there was between Sargent's Point and the Welles farm?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)