|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Spring.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marguerite call the button she presses into the Indian's hand before leaving him?
(a) A Christmas gift.
(b) A peace offering.
(c) A birthday gift.
(d) A peice of junk.
2. Who says the young man in Aunt Hespa's song was wrong to leave his lover?
(a) Seth Jordan.
(b) Ethan Jordan.
(c) Ira Sargent.
(d) Joel Sargent.
3. In part 2, why does Joel Sargent forbid Marguerite from telling the neighbors about the items she found in the cave?
(a) To keep from inspiring revenge killings.
(b) To keep from being forced from their land.
(c) To keep from scaring the neighbors into leaving the area.
(d) To keep from spreading fear or bringing retribution on themselves.
4. What did the captain say takes you places without waiting for no road?
(a) Storm clouds.
(b) The sea.
(c) A river.
(d) The wind.
5. How many children do the Sargents have?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who rescues Marguerite out of the water after she rescues the cow and calf?
2. How does Susan claim the Indians eat their clams in part 4?
3. Who built the casket for Debby's body?
4. In part 3, who keeps watch through the night while the men go to check on the fire at Sargent's Point?
5. In part 3, whose cruel comments have caused Marguerite to feel sad and old?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)