|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Spring.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a reel?
(a) A type of dance.
(b) A type of song.
(c) A type of party game.
(d) A type of musical instrument.
2. Why does Joel Sargent tell his wife the captain of the Isabella B stayed with them for so long?
(a) To give the family shelter on his boat.
(b) To look for a farm of his own.
(c) To ensure payment.
(d) To help build the house.
3. In part 3, who does Marguerite find preparing for breakfast in the kitchen the morning after the men go to check on smoke at Sargent's Point?
(a) Kate Stanley and Dolly.
(b) Abby and Hannah Welles.
(c) Abby Welles and Aunt Hespa.
(d) Dolly and Aunt Hespa.
4. What does grit mean as used in Part 1 of this novel?
5. What do Marguerite and the twins spend the morning of the Raising doing?
(a) Picking feathers from wildfowl.
(b) Garnishing puddings and cakes.
(d) Planting rows of corn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of dress that Abby is making does she show Marguerite on her visit in part 4?
2. What landmark does Marguerite try to fix in her mind to recall once she returns to Sargent's Point?
3. Why does Becky Sargent suggest the dog, Pumpkin, smells Indians?
4. What does Dolly Sargent use to nurse her baby on the ship?
5. Why did Marguerite not attend Debby's burial?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)