|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Spring.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the children hope will come find them while they are lost in the woods in part 2?
2. How does Marguerite keep going in the right direction during her attempts to retrieve Aunt Hespa?
(a) She follows Pumpkin.
(b) She follows the tip of the Big Dipper.
(c) She follows Caleb.
(d) She follows the Aurora Borealis.
3. At the end of part 3, what is the first word Debby clearly speaks?
4. In part 2, what bird does Marguerite show a reluctance to eat?
5. What news did Seth Jordan bring the Welles that Hannah demands more details about?
(a) The death of Debby.
(b) Jacob's injury.
(c) Raids by the Indians during the winter.
(d) Marguerite's trek across the frozen channel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Caleb ask Marguerite to take care of in his absence?
2. Who does Dolly blame for the baby's burns?
3. In part 2, why does Joel Sargent forbid Marguerite from telling the neighbors about the items she found in the cave?
4. How many children do the Stanleys have?
5. What does Marguerite wear on a cord around her neck?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)