|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Spring.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What treat does Abby talk her mother into serving Ira Sargent and Marguerite?
(a) Pumpkin pie.
(b) Molasses cakes.
(c) Fresh bread.
(d) Spice cake.
2. What chore are the children asked to work in order to prepare the soil for planting?
(a) Pulling stumps.
(c) Removal of roots and small stones.
3. How does Marguerite propose she reach Aunt Hespa for help in caring for Debby's burns?
(a) Climb over the channel on an old rope bridge.
(b) Swim across the channel.
(c) Boat across the channel.
(d) Walk across the frozen channel.
4. What does Marguerite think of her reflection after having not seen herself for many months?
(a) Her reflection seems odd to her becasue it has matured some.
(b) She is unhappy with the shape of her nose.
(c) She thinks she looks like an Indian.
(d) She likes what she sees.
5. What does Marguerite quickly learn a bound-out girl is not expected to hold?
(c) Opinions of their own.
(d) The children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What special addition did Dolly make to Marguerite and the twins' dress the morning of the Raising?
2. Who follows Marguerite to the grave when she finally has a chance to visit it?
3. Who tells Marguerite she did the right thing after her encounter with the bear?
4. What is a jog?
5. What does Ira Sargent compare to pulling the teeth of a giant?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)