|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Spring.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Marguerite tell the children people in France and England dance the Maypole?
(a) To celebrate birthdays.
(b) To celebrate spring.
(c) To ask for help from neighbors in time of trouble.
(d) To ask for help from the gods.
2. At the end of part 3, what is the first word Debby clearly speaks?
3. What items has Seth Jordan given the Sargents to plant in their fields?
(a) Barley and potatoes.
(b) Turnips and tomatoes.
(c) Turnips and radishes.
(d) Potatoes and tomatoes.
4. What does a voice in the chaos of the Indians fighting over the cloth from the Maypole say to Marguerite that causes her to stop fearing for herself and the children?
5. How much older than Marguerite is Caleb?
(a) Two years.
(b) A year.
(c) Three years.
(d) The same age.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Marguerite and Dolly get Joel back to the house after he is injured?
2. How many Indians does Marguerite see in the cover and in the woods at the end of Part 4?
3. In what language does Marguerite sing her Christmas carols?
4. What treat does Abby talk her mother into serving Ira Sargent and Marguerite?
5. The growth of what plants signal the end of summer for Marguerite?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)