|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Spring.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Marguerite only use French when she is alone?
(a) The Sargents do not approve of her use of the foreign tongue.
(b) She wants to keep it private, only for herself.
(c) She wants to surprise the Sargents by teaching the language to the children.
(d) The Sargents cannot understand, therefore she is trying to be polite.
2. What does grit mean as used in Part 1 of this novel?
3. What is a skiff?
(a) A large sailboat.
(b) A laundry tool.
(c) A surf board.
(d) A small boat.
4. In Aunt Hespa's book, who kept Doubting Castle?
(a) Great Heart.
(b) Dark Depression.
(d) Giant Despair.
5. Why is the roof of the cave darkened?
(a) The damp has caused a growth of mold.
(b) The Indians have drawn on it.
(c) The bears have rubbed against it, staining it with the oils from their coats.
(d) There have been many fires inside the cave.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Aunt Hespa's family from?
2. What is one of the things that delayed the sailing of the Isabella B prior to the Raising?
3. Off of what island is it said is the best fishing in Penobscot Bay?
4. What does Jacob declare the sugar maple sap tastes like?
5. In Part 2, rumors of what delayed the sailing of the Isabella B in one of two incidences?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)