|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Spring.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of part 4, what does Ira wish there was between Sargent's Point and the Welles farm?
(a) A trail.
(b) A bridge.
(c) A road.
(d) A wall.
2. What business did Marguerite's uncle plan to start in the New World?
(a) A music store.
(b) A shoe repair shop.
(c) A dance studio.
(d) A violin repair shop.
3. At the end of part 3, what is the first word Debby clearly speaks?
4. Who plays the fiddle during Marguerite's visit at Aunt Hespa's?
(a) Joel Sargent.
(b) Ethan Jordan.
(c) Seth Jordan.
(d) Ira Sargent.
5. Who is Marguerite a little afraid of seeing when they reach the Welles' farm?
(a) Hannah Welles.
(b) Nathan Welles.
(c) Abby Welles.
(d) Timothy Welles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marguerite quietly admire about the men working on the house at the Raising?
2. What does Dolly Sargent use to nurse her baby on the ship?
3. Why does Becky Sargent suggest the dog, Pumpkin, smells Indians?
4. What is Joel's largest concern as he lay disabled by his injury in part 4?
5. What would Marguerite have learned to do at the convent if she had remained another year?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)