|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Winter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Marguerite not attend Debby's burial?
(a) She refused to accept the child's death.
(b) The Sargents would not allow it.
(c) Her feet were too swollen from the cold.
(d) She had a cold.
2. What item does Marguerite wish she had at the beginning of part 3 so that she might pray for Ira Sargent and Abby Welles?
(a) A crucifix.
(b) A Bible.
(c) A rosary.
(d) A St. Jude medal.
3. What sport does Caleb indulge in that has resulted in great amounts of meat to be dried for winter use?
4. What animal do the children find at Falmouth and decide to adopt?
(a) A bird.
(b) A tiger cub.
(c) A dog.
(d) A cat.
5. What do Marguerite and the twins spend the morning of the Raising doing?
(b) Picking feathers from wildfowl.
(c) Planting rows of corn.
(d) Garnishing puddings and cakes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Dolly blame for the baby's burns?
2. What is a bound-out girl?
3. What does Caleb Sargent often call Marguerite in the beginning of the novel?
4. What did the captain say takes you places without waiting for no road?
5. Why is one of the ears of corn red?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)