|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Winter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marguerite point out in the night sky to the children?
(a) The direction to their new home.
(b) The full moon.
(c) A falling star.
2. How do the twins explain to Marguerite the crickets make their noises?
(a) Rubbing their antenna together.
(b) Rubbing their front legs together.
(c) Rubbing their tails together.
(d) Rubbing their hind legs together.
3. What is the last thing the men do to the house before they finish work at the Raising?
(a) Install glass in the windows.
(b) Press moss into the cracks between the logs.
(c) Carry the furniture into the house.
(d) Clean up the wood chips from the chopping of logs.
4. What gift did Ethan Jordan bring to Abby Welles upon his return from Portsmouth?
(a) China cups.
(b) Silk material for a dress.
(d) A bracelet.
5. What is the name of the girl in Aunt Hespa's song, Calico Bush?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does young Jacob sit while eating his midday meal?
2. What is a dory?
3. What does Caleb criticize Marguerite for doing after she saw the bear?
4. What food does Patty expect to be served at the Jordans' corn shelling?
5. What does Caleb Sargent often call Marguerite in the beginning of the novel?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)