|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Winter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What skill was Marguerite taught by the Sisters in a convent in France?
2. What reason does the captain give for changing the originally intended course of the ship to the new farm?
(a) There are too many storms in the area.
(b) There are too many children on board to risk a slower route.
(c) The ship is heavily loaded.
(d) The ship is too light.
3. What does Marguerite quickly learn a bound-out girl is not expected to hold?
(b) Opinions of their own.
(d) The children.
4. What is a bound-out girl?
(a) A girl who works as a servant in exchange for room and board.
(b) A girl who travels with families in need.
(c) A girl who is sent to boarding school.
(d) A girl who runs errands for a family.
5. What do the children talk about as they watch the men work at the Raising?
(a) They compare the men's tools.
(b) They compare the men's clothing.
(c) They compare the men's stamina.
(d) They compare the men's work abilities.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose fresh dress and white knitted stockings makes Marguerite feel self conscious?
2. In part 2, what does Aunt Hespa tell Marguerite she is waiting for in order to complete the squares for her Delectable Mountain quilt?
3. What is a trough?
4. What job did Marguerite want to attend to at the Raising?
5. In part 3, what drink does Ira give the dog when it returns from its fight with the Indians?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)