|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Winter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a loom?
(a) A device that weaves thread into cloth.
(b) A device that cleans raw wool.
(c) A device that makes thread from wool.
(d) A device that dyes raw wool.
2. In part 2, why does Joel Sargent forbid Marguerite from telling the neighbors about the items she found in the cave?
(a) To keep from scaring the neighbors into leaving the area.
(b) To keep from spreading fear or bringing retribution on themselves.
(c) To keep from being forced from their land.
(d) To keep from inspiring revenge killings.
3. In part 3, how does Marguerite spend the long night while the men check the fire at Sargent's Point?
(a) Reciting old prayers from the Bible.
(c) Reciting the rosary despite her lack of beads.
4. How do the twins explain to Marguerite the crickets make their noises?
(a) Rubbing their front legs together.
(b) Rubbing their hind legs together.
(c) Rubbing their antenna together.
(d) Rubbing their tails together.
5. What is one of the things that delayed the sailing of the Isabella B prior to the Raising?
(a) Abby Welles had a fever.
(b) Ira Sargent suffered a snake bite.
(c) Timothy Welles injured his hand.
(d) Ethan Jordan broke his leg.
Short Answer Questions
1. In part 3, where does Marguerite put the children to sleep while the men investigate the fire on Sargent's Point?
2. What does Marguerite say over the grave when she first visits Debby's grave?
3. What is the last thing the men do to the house before they finish work at the Raising?
4. What does Aunt Hespa bring for Marguerite when she arrives at the Raising?
5. Whose fresh dress and white knitted stockings makes Marguerite feel self conscious?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)