|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Winter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What business did Marguerite's uncle plan to start in the New World?
(a) A music store.
(b) A shoe repair shop.
(c) A dance studio.
(d) A violin repair shop.
2. What does grit mean as used in Part 1 of this novel?
3. Who is the main character of Calico Bush?
(a) Marguerite Ledoux.
(b) Aunt Hespa.
(c) Dolly Sargent.
(d) Caleb Sargent.
4. In part 3, what advice does Seth Jordan give Joel Sargent when Joel plans on his return to Sargent's Point?
(a) He leave the women on Sunday Island.
(b) He return to Marblehead.
(c) He not return to the point.
(d) He send the children back to Marblehead.
5. How many children do the Sargents have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does the captain give for changing the originally intended course of the ship to the new farm?
2. In what year does the novel begin?
3. Who plays the fiddle during Marguerite's visit at Aunt Hespa's?
4. How does Marguerite get a bruise on her forehead?
5. What is a skiff?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)