|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Winter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marguerite point out in the night sky to the children?
(a) A falling star.
(c) The direction to their new home.
(d) The full moon.
2. Why does Joel Sargent tell his wife the captain of the Isabella B stayed with them for so long?
(a) To give the family shelter on his boat.
(b) To help build the house.
(c) To look for a farm of his own.
(d) To ensure payment.
3. What special addition did Dolly make to Marguerite and the twins' dress the morning of the Raising?
(a) New dresses.
(b) Blue yarn in their hair.
(c) Green ribbons for their hair.
(d) New shoes.
4. How many pairs of shoes does Dolly tell Aunt Hespa there are for her children and Marguerite that winter in Part 2?
(a) Three pair for five children and two for Marguerite.
(b) One pair for two children and one for Marguerite.
(c) Two pair for four children and none for Marguerite.
(d) Enough for everyone.
5. How much older than Marguerite is Caleb?
(a) Three years.
(b) Two years.
(c) A year.
(d) The same age.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a trough?
2. What is the name of the ship the Sargents are sailing on to get to their new farm?
3. Who is Champlain?
4. Off of what island is it said is the best fishing in Penobscot Bay?
5. Who built the casket for Debby's body?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)