|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Winter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Marguerite get a bruise on her forehead?
(a) She is punished by Joel Sargent for insolence.
(b) She falls below deck during the storm.
(c) She is hit with debris while helping to save the livestock during a storm.
(d) She is kicked by one of the children in their sleep.
2. What job is Marguerite immediately given as the Raising starts?
(a) Watching over the children.
(b) Keeping flies from the food.
(c) Filling the spaces between logs on the new house.
(d) Cooking the wildfowl.
3. What work do the women indulge after the large meal is finished during the Raising?
(b) Darning socks.
(c) Knitting and patchwork.
(d) Washing dishes.
4. When Marguerite finds the cave in the woods, what about it frightens her?
(a) The bats.
(b) The idea of bears.
(c) The closeness.
(d) The smell.
5. Whose fresh dress and white knitted stockings makes Marguerite feel self conscious?
(a) Hannah Welles.
(b) Eliza Stanley.
(c) Mary Jane Morse.
(d) Abby Welles.
Short Answer Questions
1. In part 3, how does Marguerite spend the long night while the men check the fire at Sargent's Point?
2. In part 2, why does Joel Sargent forbid Marguerite from telling the neighbors about the items she found in the cave?
3. What does Marguerite call the button she presses into the Indian's hand before leaving him?
4. What reason does the captain give for changing the originally intended course of the ship to the new farm?
5. What is one of the reasons Joel Sargent gives for deciding to sell all he owns to buy this new farm?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)