|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Winter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job did Marguerite want to attend to at the Raising?
(a) Keeping flies from the food.
(b) Minding the children.
(c) Cooking the wildfowl.
(d) Filling the spaces between the logs on the new house.
2. What does Marguerite think of her reflection after having not seen herself for many months?
(a) She likes what she sees.
(b) Her reflection seems odd to her becasue it has matured some.
(c) She thinks she looks like an Indian.
(d) She is unhappy with the shape of her nose.
3. What is the name of the place where Marguerite and her grandmother end up after they run out of money?
(c) Poor Farm.
4. In part 3, who does Marguerite find preparing for breakfast in the kitchen the morning after the men go to check on smoke at Sargent's Point?
(a) Abby Welles and Aunt Hespa.
(b) Abby and Hannah Welles.
(c) Dolly and Aunt Hespa.
(d) Kate Stanley and Dolly.
5. What chore does Caleb allow Marguerite to do that she often finds wearisome, though she refuses to tell Caleb, in Part 2?
(a) Scraping animal hides.
(b) Potato digging.
(c) Corn grinding.
(d) Drying fish.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much older than Marguerite is Caleb?
2. What does Marguerite call the button she presses into the Indian's hand before leaving him?
3. What does Hannah Welles claim is tempting Providence in Part 2?
4. What date does Ira Sargent tell Marguerite it will be the day after she has visited Debby's grave?
5. Why is the roof of the cave darkened?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)