|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Winter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dolly say at the beginning of Part 2 she is grateful for?
(a) Good weather for the Raising.
(b) Good neighbors willing to work.
(c) A good servant in Marguerite.
(d) The health of her children.
2. What item of clothing does Aunt Hespa give to Marguerite at the end of part 2?
(a) Cotton underclothing.
(d) A new dress.
3. Why does Marguerite only use French when she is alone?
(a) The Sargents cannot understand, therefore she is trying to be polite.
(b) The Sargents do not approve of her use of the foreign tongue.
(c) She wants to surprise the Sargents by teaching the language to the children.
(d) She wants to keep it private, only for herself.
4. What is Passageewakeag?
(a) A French term for cemetery.
(b) An Indian term for place of ghosts or spirits.
(c) An Indian term for holy land.
(d) A French term for homeland.
5. Why has the author begun her book with the poem Maypole Point?
(a) To preface the story.
(b) To show off her poetic side.
(c) To foreshadow the death of Marguerite.
(d) To build tension in the story.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job is Marguerite immediately given as the Raising starts?
2. What sport does Caleb indulge in that has resulted in great amounts of meat to be dried for winter use?
3. How many children do the Sargents have?
4. In part 3, where does Marguerite put the children to sleep while the men investigate the fire on Sargent's Point?
5. What does Marguerite think of her reflection after having not seen herself for many months?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)