|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Winter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the girl in Aunt Hespa's song, Calico Bush?
2. Who taught Marguerite to dance the pavane?
(a) Uncle Pierre.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her father.
3. What excuse does Marguerite give Dolly when she slips out of the house Christmas Eve?
(a) She wants to gather pine cones for the fire.
(b) She wants to look for blueberries.
(c) She wants to milk the cow.
(d) She wants to look for eggs.
4. Who are the Morses?
(a) Cousins to the Jordans.
(b) Neighbors of the Sargents.
(c) Marguerite's family.
(d) The local magistrate.
5. How has Ira Sargent created a calendar at the new farm?
(a) By cutting notches into a tree in the front yard.
(b) Cutting notches for each day into a pole beside the front door step.
(c) By cutting notches into a board.
(d) By cutting notches into the bed post.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marguerite quietly admire about the men working on the house at the Raising?
2. What gift did Ethan Jordan bring to Abby Welles upon his return from Portsmouth?
3. In part 2, what does Aunt Hespa tell Marguerite she is waiting for in order to complete the squares for her Delectable Mountain quilt?
4. What is the name of the ship the Sargents are sailing on to get to their new farm?
5. Why did Marguerite not attend Debby's burial?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)