|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Winter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does the captain give for changing the originally intended course of the ship to the new farm?
(a) There are too many storms in the area.
(b) The ship is too light.
(c) There are too many children on board to risk a slower route.
(d) The ship is heavily loaded.
2. In what language does Marguerite sing her Christmas carols?
3. When Marguerite finds the cave in the woods, what about it frightens her?
(a) The bats.
(b) The closeness.
(c) The smell.
(d) The idea of bears.
4. How does Marguerite catch sight of her reflection for the first time in many months?
(a) She sees her reflection in the water.
(b) She sees her reflection in a window.
(c) She finds a looking glass in the woods.
(d) She finds a mirror among Dolly's belongings.
5. What is the name of the place where Marguerite and her grandmother end up after they run out of money?
(c) Poor Farm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a dory?
2. What food does Patty expect to be served at the Jordans' corn shelling?
3. Who rescues Marguerite out of the water after she rescues the cow and calf?
4. Why does Becky Sargent suggest the dog, Pumpkin, smells Indians?
5. Who does Dolly blame for the baby's burns?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)