|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Winter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the Morses?
(a) Neighbors of the Sargents.
(b) Cousins to the Jordans.
(c) Marguerite's family.
(d) The local magistrate.
2. In part 3, who does Marguerite find preparing for breakfast in the kitchen the morning after the men go to check on smoke at Sargent's Point?
(a) Dolly and Aunt Hespa.
(b) Abby Welles and Aunt Hespa.
(c) Kate Stanley and Dolly.
(d) Abby and Hannah Welles.
3. Who plays the fiddle during Marguerite's visit at Aunt Hespa's?
(a) Ethan Jordan.
(b) Joel Sargent.
(c) Ira Sargent.
(d) Seth Jordan.
4. In part 2, what do the men spend most of their evenings doing?
(a) Telling stories of their childhoods.
(b) Whittling spoons out of wood.
(c) Reading the Bible.
(d) Building furniture.
5. In what year does the novel begin?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who taught Marguerite to dance the pavane?
2. How many pairs of shoes does Dolly tell Aunt Hespa there are for her children and Marguerite that winter in Part 2?
3. What chore does Caleb allow Marguerite to do that she often finds wearisome, though she refuses to tell Caleb, in Part 2?
4. In part 3, it is revealed that Ira plans to make his home where?
5. What is a loom?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)