|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Winter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What chore does Caleb allow Marguerite to do that she often finds wearisome, though she refuses to tell Caleb, in Part 2?
(a) Potato digging.
(b) Scraping animal hides.
(c) Drying fish.
(d) Corn grinding.
2. Who is the main character of Calico Bush?
(a) Marguerite Ledoux.
(b) Aunt Hespa.
(c) Caleb Sargent.
(d) Dolly Sargent.
3. Why is the roof of the cave darkened?
(a) The Indians have drawn on it.
(b) The damp has caused a growth of mold.
(c) There have been many fires inside the cave.
(d) The bears have rubbed against it, staining it with the oils from their coats.
4. How does Marguerite keep going in the right direction during her attempts to retrieve Aunt Hespa?
(a) She follows the Aurora Borealis.
(b) She follows the tip of the Big Dipper.
(c) She follows Pumpkin.
(d) She follows Caleb.
5. How many pairs of shoes does Dolly tell Aunt Hespa there are for her children and Marguerite that winter in Part 2?
(a) Two pair for four children and none for Marguerite.
(b) Three pair for five children and two for Marguerite.
(c) One pair for two children and one for Marguerite.
(d) Enough for everyone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item of clothing does Aunt Hespa give to Marguerite at the end of part 2?
2. What is one of the reasons Joel Sargent gives for deciding to sell all he owns to buy this new farm?
3. Who follows Marguerite to the grave when she finally has a chance to visit it?
4. Who responds to Marguerite with friendliness at the Raising that brings Marguerite pleasure?
5. What favorite memory of Christmas with the Sisters at the convent does Marguerite have?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)