|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Winter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marguerite say over the grave when she first visits Debby's grave?
(a) A French lullaby.
(b) An English prayer.
(c) An English lullaby.
(d) A French prayer.
2. Why did Marguerite not attend Debby's burial?
(a) Her feet were too swollen from the cold.
(b) She had a cold.
(c) She refused to accept the child's death.
(d) The Sargents would not allow it.
3. At the end of part 2, why does Aunt Hespa have Seth draw a pattern of Marguerite's feet?
(a) To show her how to make a drawing of a turkey.
(b) To help her learn how to make her own stockings.
(c) To prepare to build her new shoes.
(d) To create a sock-like thing to help her new boots fit better.
4. What crops did the Sargents plant upon their arrival that are just coming up in Part 2?
(a) Corn, turnips, and potatoes.
(b) Potatoes, rice, and watermelon.
(c) Potatoes, tomatoes, and beans.
(d) Corn, rice, and radishes.
5. What is one of the things that delayed the sailing of the Isabella B prior to the Raising?
(a) Abby Welles had a fever.
(b) Ira Sargent suffered a snake bite.
(c) Timothy Welles injured his hand.
(d) Ethan Jordan broke his leg.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marguerite wear on a cord around her neck?
2. What is still left to be done in the Sargents' house after the Raising is done?
3. In part 2, what does Aunt Hespa tell Marguerite she is waiting for in order to complete the squares for her Delectable Mountain quilt?
4. In Aunt Hespa's song, what is the dress the young woman wanted to make her dress out of?
5. What special clothing is Debby wearing for the Raising?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)