|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Winter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many pairs of shoes does Dolly tell Aunt Hespa there are for her children and Marguerite that winter in Part 2?
(a) Three pair for five children and two for Marguerite.
(b) Two pair for four children and none for Marguerite.
(c) Enough for everyone.
(d) One pair for two children and one for Marguerite.
2. At the end of part 2, why does Aunt Hespa have Seth draw a pattern of Marguerite's feet?
(a) To prepare to build her new shoes.
(b) To help her learn how to make her own stockings.
(c) To show her how to make a drawing of a turkey.
(d) To create a sock-like thing to help her new boots fit better.
3. What food does Patty expect to be served at the Jordans' corn shelling?
(a) Potato salad.
(b) Molasses cakes.
(c) Hasty pudding.
(d) Fried chicken.
4. At the end of part 3, what is the first word Debby clearly speaks?
5. What is still left to be done in the Sargents' house after the Raising is done?
(a) Windows need glass.
(b) Floors to be laid and furnishing constructed.
(c) Bedrooms are to be added later.
(d) A stove needs to be brought from Marblehead.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Marguerite catch sight of her reflection for the first time in many months?
2. What is the name of the ship the Sargents are sailing on to get to their new farm?
3. What does the Indian call the person who helped heal him in Quebec?
4. What excuse does Marguerite give Dolly when she slips out of the house Christmas Eve?
5. Who taught Marguerite to dance the pavane?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)