|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Winter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What excuse does Marguerite give Dolly when she slips out of the house Christmas Eve?
(a) She wants to gather pine cones for the fire.
(b) She wants to look for blueberries.
(c) She wants to look for eggs.
(d) She wants to milk the cow.
2. What does grit mean as used in Part 1 of this novel?
3. In part 3, where does Marguerite put the children to sleep while the men investigate the fire on Sargent's Point?
(a) The kitchen floor.
(b) The barn.
(c) The loft where Seth and Ethan sleep.
(d) Aunt Hespa's room.
4. What do the children talk about as they watch the men work at the Raising?
(a) They compare the men's tools.
(b) They compare the men's clothing.
(c) They compare the men's stamina.
(d) They compare the men's work abilities.
5. In part 3, who keeps watch through the night while the men go to check on the fire at Sargent's Point?
(a) The Sargent men.
(b) The Stanley men.
(c) The Jordan men.
(d) The Morse men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marguerite think of her reflection after having not seen herself for many months?
2. What does Aunt Hespa bring for Marguerite when she arrives at the Raising?
3. In part 3, who expresses fear for Pumpkin the dog when the party at the Jordans' notice the smoke on Sargent's Point?
4. Why is the roof of the cave darkened?
5. What does Aunt Hespa boil in milk to help cure health complaints?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)