|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Winter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marguerite say over the grave when she first visits Debby's grave?
(a) A French lullaby.
(b) An English prayer.
(c) An English lullaby.
(d) A French prayer.
2. What does Dolly Sargent use to nurse her baby on the ship?
(a) A wooden cup.
(b) A rubber glove.
(c) A hollowed out gourd filled with milk.
(d) Cleaned pig intestines.
3. What do Marguerite and the twins spend the morning of the Raising doing?
(a) Garnishing puddings and cakes.
(b) Picking feathers from wildfowl.
(c) Planting rows of corn.
4. How many pairs of shoes does Dolly tell Aunt Hespa there are for her children and Marguerite that winter in Part 2?
(a) Two pair for four children and none for Marguerite.
(b) One pair for two children and one for Marguerite.
(c) Three pair for five children and two for Marguerite.
(d) Enough for everyone.
5. What is it rumored Ethan paid for Abby's gift?
(a) A pound sterling.
(b) Two pounds sterling.
(c) A shilling.
(d) Two pence.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much older than Marguerite is Caleb?
2. What is Marguerite untangling as the novel begins?
3. Whose fresh dress and white knitted stockings makes Marguerite feel self conscious?
4. What is an excuse for festivity as Marguerite guesses in the beginning of Part 2?
5. In Aunt Hespa's song, what is the dress the young woman wanted to make her dress out of?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)