|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Winter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of part 2, what does Aunt Hespa have Seth draw a pattern of Marguerite's feet on?
(c) The floor.
2. Which of the children begins to show the most ill effects from the harsh winter weather?
3. In part 3, where does Marguerite put the children to sleep while the men investigate the fire on Sargent's Point?
(a) The loft where Seth and Ethan sleep.
(b) The barn.
(c) Aunt Hespa's room.
(d) The kitchen floor.
4. In part 2, Marguerite stumbles on a cave and finds a pile of bones near a cold fire. What else does she find?
(a) A woman's necklace.
(b) A woman's petticoat.
(c) A child's toy.
(d) A child's shoe buckle.
5. Who plays the fiddle during Marguerite's visit at Aunt Hespa's?
(a) Ira Sargent.
(b) Seth Jordan.
(c) Ethan Jordan.
(d) Joel Sargent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a skiff?
2. What chore does Caleb allow Marguerite to do that she often finds wearisome, though she refuses to tell Caleb, in Part 2?
3. What does Marguerite think of her reflection after having not seen herself for many months?
4. Who tells Marguerite she did the right thing after her encounter with the bear?
5. Why does Marguerite only use French when she is alone?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)