|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Winter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says the young man in Aunt Hespa's song was wrong to leave his lover?
(a) Joel Sargent.
(b) Seth Jordan.
(c) Ethan Jordan.
(d) Ira Sargent.
2. Where does young Jacob sit while eating his midday meal?
(a) On Marguerite's lap.
(b) On a keg.
(c) On the ship's rail.
(d) On the ship's deck.
3. Which of the children begins to show the most ill effects from the harsh winter weather?
4. At the end of part 2, what does Aunt Hespa have Seth draw a pattern of Marguerite's feet on?
(c) The floor.
5. In part 3, who keeps watch through the night while the men go to check on the fire at Sargent's Point?
(a) The Morse men.
(b) The Sargent men.
(c) The Jordan men.
(d) The Stanley men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sport does Caleb indulge in that has resulted in great amounts of meat to be dried for winter use?
2. How does Marguerite keep going in the right direction during her attempts to retrieve Aunt Hespa?
3. What crops did the Sargents plant upon their arrival that are just coming up in Part 2?
4. What is the first word the Indian in the woods speaks to Marguerite?
5. Why did Marguerite not attend Debby's burial?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)