|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Winter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What date does Ira Sargent tell Marguerite it will be the day after she has visited Debby's grave?
(a) March 1.
(b) January 1.
(c) December 31.
(d) February 27.
2. In what year does the novel begin?
3. What unpleasant side effect does a storm have on the occupants of the Sargent home in part 3?
(a) It causes wind to blow through cracks at the windows.
(b) It causes the fire to go out.
(c) It causes water to drip on the fire and cause smoke to fill the house.
(d) It causes the animals to flee the area.
4. What animal do the children find at Falmouth and decide to adopt?
(a) A tiger cub.
(b) A dog.
(c) A bird.
(d) A cat.
5. What is an excuse for festivity as Marguerite guesses in the beginning of Part 2?
(a) Barn raising.
(b) Wool gathering.
(c) A roof raising.
(d) Corn shelling.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is to sail with the Isabella B when it leaves for Portsmouth?
2. How does Marguerite keep going in the right direction during her attempts to retrieve Aunt Hespa?
3. How much older than Marguerite is Caleb?
4. Who is Seth Jordan?
5. What does Hannah Welles claim is tempting Providence in Part 2?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)