|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Winter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Marguerite is awoken by the storm, what is the first thing she does?
(a) Reaches for the children.
(b) Reaches for her rosary.
(c) Reaches for her belongings.
(d) Reaches for her money.
2. What is the last thing the men do to the house before they finish work at the Raising?
(a) Carry the furniture into the house.
(b) Install glass in the windows.
(c) Clean up the wood chips from the chopping of logs.
(d) Press moss into the cracks between the logs.
3. Why did Marguerite not attend Debby's burial?
(a) She had a cold.
(b) She refused to accept the child's death.
(c) The Sargents would not allow it.
(d) Her feet were too swollen from the cold.
4. How does Marguerite propose she reach Aunt Hespa for help in caring for Debby's burns?
(a) Climb over the channel on an old rope bridge.
(b) Boat across the channel.
(c) Walk across the frozen channel.
(d) Swim across the channel.
5. What is a reel?
(a) A type of party game.
(b) A type of musical instrument.
(c) A type of song.
(d) A type of dance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What work do the women indulge after the large meal is finished during the Raising?
2. What is a skiff?
3. Who built the casket for Debby's body?
4. To where were Marguerite, her uncle, and her grandmother planning to go when they left France?
5. What does Marguerite call the button she presses into the Indian's hand before leaving him?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)