|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Winter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item does Marguerite wish she had at the beginning of part 3 so that she might pray for Ira Sargent and Abby Welles?
(a) A St. Jude medal.
(b) A crucifix.
(c) A rosary.
(d) A Bible.
2. What chore does Caleb allow Marguerite to do that she often finds wearisome, though she refuses to tell Caleb, in Part 2?
(a) Drying fish.
(b) Scraping animal hides.
(c) Potato digging.
(d) Corn grinding.
3. What kind of dress to several of the Sargent children wish they could have?
(a) Dresses with long, stiff skirts.
(b) Dresses of silk.
(c) Dresses with color and patterns.
(d) Dresses of soft cotton.
4. What favorite memory of her grandmother at Christmas does Marguerite have?
(a) The special cakes she baked.
(b) The gifts she often gave.
(c) The cookies she baked.
(d) The shopping trips.
5. In part 2, Marguerite stumbles on a cave and finds a pile of bones near a cold fire. What else does she find?
(a) A woman's necklace.
(b) A child's shoe buckle.
(c) A child's toy.
(d) A woman's petticoat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is an excuse for festivity as Marguerite guesses in the beginning of Part 2?
2. To what does Caleb often compare Marguerite to, suggesting his thoughts as to her trustworthiness?
3. What is a dory?
4. What do the children talk about as they watch the men work at the Raising?
5. What do the children eat with their bread that makes Dolly worry about their cleanliness?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)