|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Winter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In part 2, why does Joel Sargent forbid Marguerite from telling the neighbors about the items she found in the cave?
(a) To keep from inspiring revenge killings.
(b) To keep from being forced from their land.
(c) To keep from spreading fear or bringing retribution on themselves.
(d) To keep from scaring the neighbors into leaving the area.
2. Who says the young man in Aunt Hespa's song was wrong to leave his lover?
(a) Ethan Jordan.
(b) Ira Sargent.
(c) Joel Sargent.
(d) Seth Jordan.
3. What is one of the things that delayed the sailing of the Isabella B prior to the Raising?
(a) Timothy Welles injured his hand.
(b) Ethan Jordan broke his leg.
(c) Abby Welles had a fever.
(d) Ira Sargent suffered a snake bite.
4. What is a trough?
(a) A type of tree.
(b) A place where animals eat.
(c) A long, narrow container.
(d) A bag filled with cornmeal.
5. In part 2, what bird does Marguerite show a reluctance to eat?
Short Answer Questions
1. What crops did the Sargents plant upon their arrival that are just coming up in Part 2?
2. What does Marguerite wear on a cord around her neck?
3. How many children do the Sargents have?
4. In part 3, what advice does Seth Jordan give Joel Sargent when Joel plans on his return to Sargent's Point?
5. Who tells Marguerite she did the right thing after her encounter with the bear?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)