|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Winter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose fresh dress and white knitted stockings makes Marguerite feel self conscious?
(a) Abby Welles.
(b) Eliza Stanley.
(c) Hannah Welles.
(d) Mary Jane Morse.
2. What is a skiff?
(a) A laundry tool.
(b) A large sailboat.
(c) A surf board.
(d) A small boat.
3. How do the twins explain to Marguerite the crickets make their noises?
(a) Rubbing their hind legs together.
(b) Rubbing their antenna together.
(c) Rubbing their front legs together.
(d) Rubbing their tails together.
4. What special clothing is Debby wearing for the Raising?
(a) A holland jumper.
(b) A homespun t-shirt and diaper.
(c) A cotton dress.
(d) A silk christening dress.
5. When Marguerite is awoken by the storm, what is the first thing she does?
(a) Reaches for her money.
(b) Reaches for her belongings.
(c) Reaches for the children.
(d) Reaches for her rosary.
Short Answer Questions
1. In part 3, how does Marguerite spend the long night while the men check the fire at Sargent's Point?
2. How does Marguerite keep going in the right direction during her attempts to retrieve Aunt Hespa?
3. What is a jog?
4. What unpleasant side effect does a storm have on the occupants of the Sargent home in part 3?
5. What reason does the captain give for changing the originally intended course of the ship to the new farm?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)