|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Fall.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Passageewakeag?
(a) An Indian term for holy land.
(b) A French term for homeland.
(c) A French term for cemetery.
(d) An Indian term for place of ghosts or spirits.
2. To where were Marguerite, her uncle, and her grandmother planning to go when they left France?
(b) New York.
(d) St. Louis.
3. What does Caleb Sargent often call Marguerite in the beginning of the novel?
4. What crops did the Sargents plant upon their arrival that are just coming up in Part 2?
(a) Corn, rice, and radishes.
(b) Potatoes, tomatoes, and beans.
(c) Potatoes, rice, and watermelon.
(d) Corn, turnips, and potatoes.
5. What chore does Caleb allow Marguerite to do that she often finds wearisome, though she refuses to tell Caleb, in Part 2?
(a) Scraping animal hides.
(b) Drying fish.
(c) Potato digging.
(d) Corn grinding.
Short Answer Questions
1. What image does Dolly suggest the neighbors will compare her children to if they are not washed and cleaned?
2. Why does Marguerite decide Indians must not be so bad as they travel through Penobscot Bay?
3. How many pairs of shoes does Dolly tell Aunt Hespa there are for her children and Marguerite that winter in Part 2?
4. How does Marguerite get a bruise on her forehead?
5. What is still left to be done in the Sargents' house after the Raising is done?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)