|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Fall.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a bound-out girl?
(a) A girl who runs errands for a family.
(b) A girl who travels with families in need.
(c) A girl who is sent to boarding school.
(d) A girl who works as a servant in exchange for room and board.
2. What does Marguerite quietly admire about the men working on the house at the Raising?
(a) Their ability to ignore the children.
(b) Their ability to drink freely.
(c) Their ability to turn trees into homes.
(d) Their ability to do as they please.
3. Who rescues Marguerite out of the water after she rescues the cow and calf?
(a) Dolly Sargent.
(b) Ira Sargent.
(c) Joel Sargent.
(d) Caleb Sargent.
4. In Part 2, rumors of what delayed the sailing of the Isabella B in one of two incidences?
(a) Indian raids.
(b) Bad storms.
(c) Heavy seas.
(d) A French invasion.
5. At the end of part 2, what does Aunt Hespa have Seth draw a pattern of Marguerite's feet on?
(b) The floor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the main character of Calico Bush?
2. How has Ira Sargent created a calendar at the new farm?
3. What is one of the reasons Joel Sargent gives for deciding to sell all he owns to buy this new farm?
4. Whose fresh dress and white knitted stockings makes Marguerite feel self conscious?
5. What do the children eat with their bread that makes Dolly worry about their cleanliness?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)