|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Fall.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is to sail with the Isabella B when it leaves for Portsmouth?
(a) Timothy and Abby Welles.
(b) Ira Sargent and Caleb Sargent.
(c) Timothy Welles and Ethan Jordan.
(d) Ira Sargent and Ethan Jordan.
2. What does Aunt Hespa bring for Marguerite when she arrives at the Raising?
(a) A doll.
(b) Fresh herbs.
(c) A new dress.
(d) New stockings.
3. Who is Seth Jordan?
(a) Marguerite's cousin.
(b) The previous owner of the Sargents' farm.
(c) One of the Sargents' new neighbors.
(d) The governor of the village where the Sargents are settling.
4. How many children do the Stanleys have?
5. Where does young Jacob sit while eating his midday meal?
(a) On the ship's rail.
(b) On a keg.
(c) On the ship's deck.
(d) On Marguerite's lap.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Aunt Hespa's song, what is the dress the young woman wanted to make her dress out of?
2. Who is Champlain?
3. What business did Marguerite's uncle plan to start in the New World?
4. What does Hannah Welles claim is tempting Providence in Part 2?
5. Who says the young man in Aunt Hespa's song was wrong to leave his lover?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)