|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Fall.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The growth of what plants signal the end of summer for Marguerite?
(a) Strawberries and beans.
(b) Goldenrod and red berries.
(c) Goldenrod and blueberries.
(d) Milk thistle and blue bonnets.
2. Who is the main character of Calico Bush?
(a) Marguerite Ledoux.
(b) Dolly Sargent.
(c) Aunt Hespa.
(d) Caleb Sargent.
3. What is one of the things that delayed the sailing of the Isabella B prior to the Raising?
(a) Ira Sargent suffered a snake bite.
(b) Timothy Welles injured his hand.
(c) Abby Welles had a fever.
(d) Ethan Jordan broke his leg.
4. What work do the women indulge after the large meal is finished during the Raising?
(b) Darning socks.
(c) Washing dishes.
(d) Knitting and patchwork.
5. At the end of part 2, why does Aunt Hespa have Seth draw a pattern of Marguerite's feet?
(a) To show her how to make a drawing of a turkey.
(b) To prepare to build her new shoes.
(c) To create a sock-like thing to help her new boots fit better.
(d) To help her learn how to make her own stockings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sport does Caleb indulge in that has resulted in great amounts of meat to be dried for winter use?
2. What is the last thing the men do to the house before they finish work at the Raising?
3. In part 2, what do the men spend most of their evenings doing?
4. What is an excuse for festivity as Marguerite guesses in the beginning of Part 2?
5. What skill was Marguerite taught by the Sisters in a convent in France?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)