|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Fall.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item of clothing does Aunt Hespa give to Marguerite at the end of part 2?
(b) A new dress.
(c) Cotton underclothing.
2. What does Aunt Hespa bring for Marguerite when she arrives at the Raising?
(a) A new dress.
(b) A doll.
(c) New stockings.
(d) Fresh herbs.
3. Off of what island is it said is the best fishing in Penobscot Bay?
(a) Isle au Haut.
(c) Mount Desert.
(d) Sunday Island.
4. In part 2, what bird does Marguerite show a reluctance to eat?
5. Why does Marguerite only use French when she is alone?
(a) The Sargents do not approve of her use of the foreign tongue.
(b) She wants to surprise the Sargents by teaching the language to the children.
(c) She wants to keep it private, only for herself.
(d) The Sargents cannot understand, therefore she is trying to be polite.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the children talk about as they watch the men work at the Raising?
2. Who is to sail with the Isabella B when it leaves for Portsmouth?
3. Who plays the fiddle during Marguerite's visit at Aunt Hespa's?
4. What does Marguerite wear on a cord around her neck?
5. What is still left to be done in the Sargents' house after the Raising is done?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)