|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Fall.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In part 2, what does Aunt Hespa tell Marguerite she is waiting for in order to complete the squares for her Delectable Mountain quilt?
(a) Good wool.
(b) Special thread.
2. To where were Marguerite, her uncle, and her grandmother planning to go when they left France?
(b) St. Louis.
(d) New York.
3. Who rescues Marguerite out of the water after she rescues the cow and calf?
(a) Joel Sargent.
(b) Dolly Sargent.
(c) Caleb Sargent.
(d) Ira Sargent.
4. What is the last thing the men do to the house before they finish work at the Raising?
(a) Carry the furniture into the house.
(b) Install glass in the windows.
(c) Clean up the wood chips from the chopping of logs.
(d) Press moss into the cracks between the logs.
5. Who is to sail with the Isabella B when it leaves for Portsmouth?
(a) Ira Sargent and Caleb Sargent.
(b) Ira Sargent and Ethan Jordan.
(c) Timothy Welles and Ethan Jordan.
(d) Timothy and Abby Welles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is an excuse for festivity as Marguerite guesses in the beginning of Part 2?
2. To what does Caleb often compare Marguerite to, suggesting his thoughts as to her trustworthiness?
3. In part 2, what do the men spend most of their evenings doing?
4. Who is the main character of Calico Bush?
5. What sport does Caleb indulge in that has resulted in great amounts of meat to be dried for winter use?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)