|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Fall.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much older than Marguerite is Caleb?
(a) Three years.
(b) Two years.
(c) A year.
(d) The same age.
2. What is a skiff?
(a) A large sailboat.
(b) A laundry tool.
(c) A surf board.
(d) A small boat.
3. In part 2, why does Joel Sargent forbid Marguerite from telling the neighbors about the items she found in the cave?
(a) To keep from spreading fear or bringing retribution on themselves.
(b) To keep from scaring the neighbors into leaving the area.
(c) To keep from being forced from their land.
(d) To keep from inspiring revenge killings.
4. Why does Becky Sargent suggest the dog, Pumpkin, smells Indians?
(a) He is chasing the neighbors from house.
(b) He is chasing his tail.
(c) He is sniffing at the ground.
(d) He is barking his afraid bark.
5. What is the last thing the men do to the house before they finish work at the Raising?
(a) Carry the furniture into the house.
(b) Clean up the wood chips from the chopping of logs.
(c) Install glass in the windows.
(d) Press moss into the cracks between the logs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dolly Sargent use to nurse her baby on the ship?
2. In Aunt Hespa's song, what is the dress the young woman wanted to make her dress out of?
3. Where does young Jacob sit while eating his midday meal?
4. In part 2, Marguerite stumbles on a cave and finds a pile of bones near a cold fire. What else does she find?
5. How do the twins explain to Marguerite the crickets make their noises?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)