|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Fall.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In part 2, why does Joel Sargent forbid Marguerite from telling the neighbors about the items she found in the cave?
(a) To keep from spreading fear or bringing retribution on themselves.
(b) To keep from scaring the neighbors into leaving the area.
(c) To keep from inspiring revenge killings.
(d) To keep from being forced from their land.
2. What crops did the Sargents plant upon their arrival that are just coming up in Part 2?
(a) Corn, turnips, and potatoes.
(b) Corn, rice, and radishes.
(c) Potatoes, rice, and watermelon.
(d) Potatoes, tomatoes, and beans.
3. What work do the women indulge after the large meal is finished during the Raising?
(a) Washing dishes.
(b) Knitting and patchwork.
(c) Darning socks.
4. What special addition did Dolly make to Marguerite and the twins' dress the morning of the Raising?
(a) Green ribbons for their hair.
(b) New dresses.
(c) New shoes.
(d) Blue yarn in their hair.
5. What is a dory?
(a) A tool.
(b) A large ship.
(c) A bird.
(d) A small boat.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Marguerite finds the cave in the woods, what about it frightens her?
2. What is the name of the ship the Sargents are sailing on to get to their new farm?
3. What is the name of the place where Marguerite and her grandmother end up after they run out of money?
4. Why has the author begun her book with the poem Maypole Point?
5. At the end of part 2, what does Aunt Hespa have Seth draw a pattern of Marguerite's feet on?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)