|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Fall.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In part 2, why does Joel Sargent forbid Marguerite from telling the neighbors about the items she found in the cave?
(a) To keep from spreading fear or bringing retribution on themselves.
(b) To keep from being forced from their land.
(c) To keep from scaring the neighbors into leaving the area.
(d) To keep from inspiring revenge killings.
2. Who tells Marguerite she did the right thing after her encounter with the bear?
(a) Joel and Dolly Sargent.
(b) Aunt Hespa.
(c) Abby Welles.
(d) Seth Jordan.
3. In part 2, what bird does Marguerite show a reluctance to eat?
4. What is a skiff?
(a) A small boat.
(b) A laundry tool.
(c) A surf board.
(d) A large sailboat.
5. Where does young Jacob sit while eating his midday meal?
(a) On the ship's deck.
(b) On Marguerite's lap.
(c) On the ship's rail.
(d) On a keg.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says the young man in Aunt Hespa's song was wrong to leave his lover?
2. What do the children eat with their bread that makes Dolly worry about their cleanliness?
3. What crops did the Sargents plant upon their arrival that are just coming up in Part 2?
4. What kind of dress to several of the Sargent children wish they could have?
5. What image does Dolly suggest the neighbors will compare her children to if they are not washed and cleaned?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)