|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Fall.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the reasons Joel Sargent gives for deciding to sell all he owns to buy this new farm?
(a) The farmhouse.
(b) The ability to grow more food for the family.
(c) The sugar maples on the new land.
(d) The large amount of land as compared to only an acre or two in Marblehead.
2. Why is the roof of the cave darkened?
(a) There have been many fires inside the cave.
(b) The bears have rubbed against it, staining it with the oils from their coats.
(c) The Indians have drawn on it.
(d) The damp has caused a growth of mold.
3. What chore does Caleb allow Marguerite to do that she often finds wearisome, though she refuses to tell Caleb, in Part 2?
(a) Corn grinding.
(b) Scraping animal hides.
(c) Potato digging.
(d) Drying fish.
4. Who plays the fiddle during Marguerite's visit at Aunt Hespa's?
(a) Seth Jordan.
(b) Ira Sargent.
(c) Ethan Jordan.
(d) Joel Sargent.
5. What animal does Marguerite think Dolly resembles in her homespun dress and scoop bonnet?
(a) A sheep.
(b) A hen.
(c) A cow.
(d) A pig.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is still left to be done in the Sargents' house after the Raising is done?
2. At the end of part 2, why does Aunt Hespa have Seth draw a pattern of Marguerite's feet?
3. What do the children eat with their bread that makes Dolly worry about their cleanliness?
4. What work do the women indulge after the large meal is finished during the Raising?
5. What do the children talk about as they watch the men work at the Raising?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)