|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Fall.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what port in France did Marguerite, her uncle, and her grandmother sail from the year before the opening of the novel?
(a) Le Havre.
2. What kind of dress to several of the Sargent children wish they could have?
(a) Dresses with long, stiff skirts.
(b) Dresses of soft cotton.
(c) Dresses of silk.
(d) Dresses with color and patterns.
3. What does Marguerite quickly learn a bound-out girl is not expected to hold?
(b) The children.
(d) Opinions of their own.
4. In Aunt Hespa's song, what happens to the young woman's lover?
(a) He froze to death working in the fields of his farm.
(b) He died at sea.
(c) He was murdered by theives.
(d) He froze to death while traveling to get his bride a nice wedding dress.
5. Why does Becky Sargent suggest the dog, Pumpkin, smells Indians?
(a) He is chasing the neighbors from house.
(b) He is barking his afraid bark.
(c) He is sniffing at the ground.
(d) He is chasing his tail.
Short Answer Questions
1. What skill was Marguerite taught by the Sisters in a convent in France?
2. What do Marguerite and the twins spend the morning of the Raising doing?
3. Whose fresh dress and white knitted stockings makes Marguerite feel self conscious?
4. In part 2, what do the men spend most of their evenings doing?
5. How many children do the Stanleys have?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)