|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Fall.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Seth Jordan?
(a) The governor of the village where the Sargents are settling.
(b) The previous owner of the Sargents' farm.
(c) Marguerite's cousin.
(d) One of the Sargents' new neighbors.
2. What kind of dress to several of the Sargent children wish they could have?
(a) Dresses with color and patterns.
(b) Dresses with long, stiff skirts.
(c) Dresses of silk.
(d) Dresses of soft cotton.
3. What does grit mean as used in Part 1 of this novel?
4. From what port in France did Marguerite, her uncle, and her grandmother sail from the year before the opening of the novel?
(c) Le Havre.
5. Who responds to Marguerite with friendliness at the Raising that brings Marguerite pleasure?
(a) Abby Welles.
(b) Ira Sargent.
(c) Dolly Sargent.
(d) Caleb Sargent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a loom?
2. What do the children eat with their bread that makes Dolly worry about their cleanliness?
3. In what year does the novel begin?
4. What crops did the Sargents plant upon their arrival that are just coming up in Part 2?
5. In part 2, why does Joel Sargent forbid Marguerite from telling the neighbors about the items she found in the cave?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)