|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Fall.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the main character of Calico Bush?
(a) Caleb Sargent.
(b) Aunt Hespa.
(c) Marguerite Ledoux.
(d) Dolly Sargent.
2. Where does young Jacob sit while eating his midday meal?
(a) On the ship's deck.
(b) On Marguerite's lap.
(c) On the ship's rail.
(d) On a keg.
3. In part 2, what do the men spend most of their evenings doing?
(a) Whittling spoons out of wood.
(b) Reading the Bible.
(c) Telling stories of their childhoods.
(d) Building furniture.
4. Off of what island is it said is the best fishing in Penobscot Bay?
(a) Mount Desert.
(b) Sunday Island.
(d) Isle au Haut.
5. What crops did the Sargents plant upon their arrival that are just coming up in Part 2?
(a) Potatoes, tomatoes, and beans.
(b) Potatoes, rice, and watermelon.
(c) Corn, rice, and radishes.
(d) Corn, turnips, and potatoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marguerite wear on a cord around her neck?
2. Who responds to Marguerite with friendliness at the Raising that brings Marguerite pleasure?
3. What does Aunt Hespa boil in milk to help cure health complaints?
4. In what year does the novel begin?
5. What animal does Marguerite think Dolly resembles in her homespun dress and scoop bonnet?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)