|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Fall.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many pairs of shoes does Dolly tell Aunt Hespa there are for her children and Marguerite that winter in Part 2?
(a) Enough for everyone.
(b) Three pair for five children and two for Marguerite.
(c) Two pair for four children and none for Marguerite.
(d) One pair for two children and one for Marguerite.
2. What does Marguerite quietly admire about the men working on the house at the Raising?
(a) Their ability to turn trees into homes.
(b) Their ability to drink freely.
(c) Their ability to do as they please.
(d) Their ability to ignore the children.
3. What job did Marguerite want to attend to at the Raising?
(a) Minding the children.
(b) Keeping flies from the food.
(c) Cooking the wildfowl.
(d) Filling the spaces between the logs on the new house.
4. In Part 2, rumors of what delayed the sailing of the Isabella B in one of two incidences?
(a) Indian raids.
(b) A French invasion.
(c) Heavy seas.
(d) Bad storms.
5. What are the mugs made of that Aunt Hespa serves milk in after Marguerite's ordeal in the channel saving the cows?
Short Answer Questions
1. In part 2, what bird does Marguerite show a reluctance to eat?
2. Why is the roof of the cave darkened?
3. How does Marguerite get a bruise on her forehead?
4. In part 2, what do the men spend most of their evenings doing?
5. Who is Seth Jordan?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)