|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Fall.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the roof of the cave darkened?
(a) The Indians have drawn on it.
(b) There have been many fires inside the cave.
(c) The damp has caused a growth of mold.
(d) The bears have rubbed against it, staining it with the oils from their coats.
2. In Part 2, rumors of what delayed the sailing of the Isabella B in one of two incidences?
(a) Indian raids.
(b) Bad storms.
(c) A French invasion.
(d) Heavy seas.
3. What is a dory?
(a) A small boat.
(b) A large ship.
(c) A bird.
(d) A tool.
4. What job is Marguerite immediately given as the Raising starts?
(a) Cooking the wildfowl.
(b) Filling the spaces between logs on the new house.
(c) Watching over the children.
(d) Keeping flies from the food.
5. Who are the Morses?
(a) Cousins to the Jordans.
(b) Marguerite's family.
(c) Neighbors of the Sargents.
(d) The local magistrate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does grit mean as used in Part 1 of this novel?
2. Who is Seth Jordan?
3. What is a loom?
4. What image does Dolly suggest the neighbors will compare her children to if they are not washed and cleaned?
5. Who does the children hope will come find them while they are lost in the woods in part 2?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)