|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Fall.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Marguerite and the twins spend the morning of the Raising doing?
(b) Garnishing puddings and cakes.
(c) Planting rows of corn.
(d) Picking feathers from wildfowl.
2. In Aunt Hespa's song, what happens to the young woman's lover?
(a) He froze to death while traveling to get his bride a nice wedding dress.
(b) He froze to death working in the fields of his farm.
(c) He was murdered by theives.
(d) He died at sea.
3. What do the children talk about as they watch the men work at the Raising?
(a) They compare the men's tools.
(b) They compare the men's stamina.
(c) They compare the men's work abilities.
(d) They compare the men's clothing.
4. Where does young Jacob sit while eating his midday meal?
(a) On the ship's rail.
(b) On Marguerite's lap.
(c) On a keg.
(d) On the ship's deck.
5. How much older than Marguerite is Caleb?
(a) A year.
(b) Two years.
(c) Three years.
(d) The same age.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the main character of Calico Bush?
2. What work do the women indulge after the large meal is finished during the Raising?
3. What is the point of view of the novel?
4. Who says the young man in Aunt Hespa's song was wrong to leave his lover?
5. What does Marguerite think of her reflection after having not seen herself for many months?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)