|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Fall.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does the captain give for changing the originally intended course of the ship to the new farm?
(a) There are too many children on board to risk a slower route.
(b) The ship is too light.
(c) The ship is heavily loaded.
(d) There are too many storms in the area.
2. Who responds to Marguerite with friendliness at the Raising that brings Marguerite pleasure?
(a) Abby Welles.
(b) Dolly Sargent.
(c) Ira Sargent.
(d) Caleb Sargent.
3. What does Marguerite think of her reflection after having not seen herself for many months?
(a) She likes what she sees.
(b) Her reflection seems odd to her becasue it has matured some.
(c) She is unhappy with the shape of her nose.
(d) She thinks she looks like an Indian.
4. Off of what island is it said is the best fishing in Penobscot Bay?
(a) Isle au Haut.
(b) Sunday Island.
(d) Mount Desert.
5. What does Caleb criticize Marguerite for doing after she saw the bear?
(a) For allowing the children to follow the dog.
(b) For allowing the dog to attack it.
(c) For scaring it away.
(d) For leaving the butter in the stream.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose fresh dress and white knitted stockings makes Marguerite feel self conscious?
2. In part 2, Marguerite stumbles on a cave and finds a pile of bones near a cold fire. What else does she find?
3. What is Marguerite untangling as the novel begins?
4. Why does Marguerite only use French when she is alone?
5. What does Hannah Welles claim is tempting Providence in Part 2?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)