|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Fall.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marguerite quickly learn a bound-out girl is not expected to hold?
(a) Opinions of their own.
(c) The children.
2. Who is the main character of Calico Bush?
(a) Dolly Sargent.
(b) Aunt Hespa.
(c) Marguerite Ledoux.
(d) Caleb Sargent.
3. What job did Marguerite want to attend to at the Raising?
(a) Cooking the wildfowl.
(b) Minding the children.
(c) Keeping flies from the food.
(d) Filling the spaces between the logs on the new house.
4. What does Marguerite wear on a cord around her neck?
(a) A button of her uncle's and a brooch of her grandmother's.
(b) Her grandmother's ring and her uncle's photograph.
(c) One of her uncle's buttons and her grandmother's plain gold ring.
(d) Her uncle's wedding ring and her grandmother's watch.
5. What do the children talk about as they watch the men work at the Raising?
(a) They compare the men's clothing.
(b) They compare the men's tools.
(c) They compare the men's work abilities.
(d) They compare the men's stamina.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Marguerite only use French when she is alone?
2. Of whom is the poem Maypole Point about?
3. What chore does Caleb allow Marguerite to do that she often finds wearisome, though she refuses to tell Caleb, in Part 2?
4. What crops did the Sargents plant upon their arrival that are just coming up in Part 2?
5. What animal does Marguerite think Dolly resembles in her homespun dress and scoop bonnet?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)