|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Fall.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the children hope will come find them while they are lost in the woods in part 2?
2. What work do the women indulge after the large meal is finished during the Raising?
(b) Washing dishes.
(c) Darning socks.
(d) Knitting and patchwork.
3. What does Hannah Welles claim is tempting Providence in Part 2?
(a) Moving into the new house after blood was spilled in the doorway.
(b) Allowing Aunt Hepsa to sew a cut on Jacob's head.
(c) Living so close to a known Indian burial ground.
(d) Ignoring the advice of neighbors.
4. What does Dolly Sargent use to nurse her baby on the ship?
(a) A rubber glove.
(b) Cleaned pig intestines.
(c) A wooden cup.
(d) A hollowed out gourd filled with milk.
5. What does Marguerite quickly learn a bound-out girl is not expected to hold?
(c) The children.
(d) Opinions of their own.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job did Marguerite want to attend to at the Raising?
2. When Marguerite finds the cave in the woods, what about it frightens her?
3. In Aunt Hespa's song, what is the dress the young woman wanted to make her dress out of?
4. What is a skiff?
5. What does grit mean as used in Part 1 of this novel?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)