|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Fall.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a dory?
(a) A small boat.
(b) A tool.
(c) A bird.
(d) A large ship.
2. What do Marguerite and the twins spend the morning of the Raising doing?
(a) Planting rows of corn.
(b) Garnishing puddings and cakes.
(d) Picking feathers from wildfowl.
3. What does Marguerite quickly learn a bound-out girl is not expected to hold?
(b) The children.
(d) Opinions of their own.
4. In part 2, Marguerite stumbles on a cave and finds a pile of bones near a cold fire. What else does she find?
(a) A woman's petticoat.
(b) A child's shoe buckle.
(c) A child's toy.
(d) A woman's necklace.
5. What does Marguerite quietly admire about the men working on the house at the Raising?
(a) Their ability to ignore the children.
(b) Their ability to turn trees into homes.
(c) Their ability to drink freely.
(d) Their ability to do as they please.
Short Answer Questions
1. What special addition did Dolly make to Marguerite and the twins' dress the morning of the Raising?
2. What is the point of view of the novel?
3. In part 2, what does Aunt Hespa tell Marguerite she is waiting for in order to complete the squares for her Delectable Mountain quilt?
4. Who says the young man in Aunt Hespa's song was wrong to leave his lover?
5. What does Hannah Welles claim is tempting Providence in Part 2?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)