|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Fall.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal does Marguerite think Dolly resembles in her homespun dress and scoop bonnet?
(a) A cow.
(b) A hen.
(c) A pig.
(d) A sheep.
2. When Marguerite is awoken by the storm, what is the first thing she does?
(a) Reaches for her rosary.
(b) Reaches for her belongings.
(c) Reaches for her money.
(d) Reaches for the children.
3. In Part 2, rumors of what delayed the sailing of the Isabella B in one of two incidences?
(a) Bad storms.
(b) A French invasion.
(c) Indian raids.
(d) Heavy seas.
4. What kind of dress to several of the Sargent children wish they could have?
(a) Dresses with color and patterns.
(b) Dresses with long, stiff skirts.
(c) Dresses of soft cotton.
(d) Dresses of silk.
5. What item of clothing does Aunt Hespa give to Marguerite at the end of part 2?
(b) Cotton underclothing.
(c) A new dress.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is still left to be done in the Sargents' house after the Raising is done?
2. What is the point of view of the novel?
3. Where does young Jacob sit while eating his midday meal?
4. At the end of part 2, what does Aunt Hespa have Seth draw a pattern of Marguerite's feet on?
5. What sport does Caleb indulge in that has resulted in great amounts of meat to be dried for winter use?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)