|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Fall.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marguerite quietly admire about the men working on the house at the Raising?
(a) Their ability to ignore the children.
(b) Their ability to drink freely.
(c) Their ability to do as they please.
(d) Their ability to turn trees into homes.
2. What does Marguerite think of her reflection after having not seen herself for many months?
(a) Her reflection seems odd to her becasue it has matured some.
(b) She is unhappy with the shape of her nose.
(c) She thinks she looks like an Indian.
(d) She likes what she sees.
3. What is the last thing the men do to the house before they finish work at the Raising?
(a) Carry the furniture into the house.
(b) Press moss into the cracks between the logs.
(c) Clean up the wood chips from the chopping of logs.
(d) Install glass in the windows.
4. What reason does the captain give for changing the originally intended course of the ship to the new farm?
(a) The ship is too light.
(b) There are too many storms in the area.
(c) The ship is heavily loaded.
(d) There are too many children on board to risk a slower route.
5. Whose fresh dress and white knitted stockings makes Marguerite feel self conscious?
(a) Abby Welles.
(b) Hannah Welles.
(c) Mary Jane Morse.
(d) Eliza Stanley.
Short Answer Questions
1. What image does Dolly suggest the neighbors will compare her children to if they are not washed and cleaned?
2. What did the captain say takes you places without waiting for no road?
3. What animal does Marguerite think Dolly resembles in her homespun dress and scoop bonnet?
4. Off of what island is it said is the best fishing in Penobscot Bay?
5. Who does the children hope will come find them while they are lost in the woods in part 2?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)