|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Fall.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says the young man in Aunt Hespa's song was wrong to leave his lover?
(a) Seth Jordan.
(b) Ira Sargent.
(c) Ethan Jordan.
(d) Joel Sargent.
2. In part 2, what bird does Marguerite show a reluctance to eat?
3. What reason does the captain give for changing the originally intended course of the ship to the new farm?
(a) There are too many children on board to risk a slower route.
(b) There are too many storms in the area.
(c) The ship is heavily loaded.
(d) The ship is too light.
4. To where were Marguerite, her uncle, and her grandmother planning to go when they left France?
(a) St. Louis.
(d) New York.
5. What is one of the things that delayed the sailing of the Isabella B prior to the Raising?
(a) Ethan Jordan broke his leg.
(b) Timothy Welles injured his hand.
(c) Ira Sargent suffered a snake bite.
(d) Abby Welles had a fever.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marguerite wear on a cord around her neck?
2. Who is Jerusha?
3. How does Marguerite get a bruise on her forehead?
4. Who responds to Marguerite with friendliness at the Raising that brings Marguerite pleasure?
5. What is Marguerite untangling as the novel begins?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)