|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Fall.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Marguerite catch sight of her reflection for the first time in many months?
(a) She sees her reflection in the water.
(b) She finds a looking glass in the woods.
(c) She finds a mirror among Dolly's belongings.
(d) She sees her reflection in a window.
2. From what port in France did Marguerite, her uncle, and her grandmother sail from the year before the opening of the novel?
(a) Le Havre.
3. How do the twins explain to Marguerite the crickets make their noises?
(a) Rubbing their hind legs together.
(b) Rubbing their front legs together.
(c) Rubbing their tails together.
(d) Rubbing their antenna together.
4. Why has the author begun her book with the poem Maypole Point?
(a) To show off her poetic side.
(b) To build tension in the story.
(c) To preface the story.
(d) To foreshadow the death of Marguerite.
5. What does Marguerite think of her reflection after having not seen herself for many months?
(a) She thinks she looks like an Indian.
(b) She likes what she sees.
(c) She is unhappy with the shape of her nose.
(d) Her reflection seems odd to her becasue it has matured some.
Short Answer Questions
1. What image does Dolly suggest the neighbors will compare her children to if they are not washed and cleaned?
2. What business did Marguerite's uncle plan to start in the New World?
3. What job did Marguerite want to attend to at the Raising?
4. What is a skiff?
5. What does Marguerite quietly admire about the men working on the house at the Raising?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)