|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Fall.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who responds to Marguerite with friendliness at the Raising that brings Marguerite pleasure?
(a) Abby Welles.
(b) Caleb Sargent.
(c) Dolly Sargent.
(d) Ira Sargent.
2. What do the children eat with their bread that makes Dolly worry about their cleanliness?
(d) Dried fruit.
3. Why is the roof of the cave darkened?
(a) The bears have rubbed against it, staining it with the oils from their coats.
(b) There have been many fires inside the cave.
(c) The Indians have drawn on it.
(d) The damp has caused a growth of mold.
4. What sport does Caleb indulge in that has resulted in great amounts of meat to be dried for winter use?
5. Why does Marguerite only use French when she is alone?
(a) The Sargents do not approve of her use of the foreign tongue.
(b) She wants to surprise the Sargents by teaching the language to the children.
(c) She wants to keep it private, only for herself.
(d) The Sargents cannot understand, therefore she is trying to be polite.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the mugs made of that Aunt Hespa serves milk in after Marguerite's ordeal in the channel saving the cows?
2. In part 2, what do the men spend most of their evenings doing?
3. What is one of the reasons Joel Sargent gives for deciding to sell all he owns to buy this new farm?
4. In part 2, why does Joel Sargent forbid Marguerite from telling the neighbors about the items she found in the cave?
5. What chore does Caleb allow Marguerite to do that she often finds wearisome, though she refuses to tell Caleb, in Part 2?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)