|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Fall.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Becky Sargent suggest the dog, Pumpkin, smells Indians?
(a) He is barking his afraid bark.
(b) He is sniffing at the ground.
(c) He is chasing the neighbors from house.
(d) He is chasing his tail.
2. Who rescues Marguerite out of the water after she rescues the cow and calf?
(a) Joel Sargent.
(b) Ira Sargent.
(c) Dolly Sargent.
(d) Caleb Sargent.
3. How many pairs of shoes does Dolly tell Aunt Hespa there are for her children and Marguerite that winter in Part 2?
(a) Three pair for five children and two for Marguerite.
(b) Enough for everyone.
(c) Two pair for four children and none for Marguerite.
(d) One pair for two children and one for Marguerite.
4. Who does the children hope will come find them while they are lost in the woods in part 2?
5. What is a bound-out girl?
(a) A girl who runs errands for a family.
(b) A girl who is sent to boarding school.
(c) A girl who works as a servant in exchange for room and board.
(d) A girl who travels with families in need.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the last thing the men do to the house before they finish work at the Raising?
2. How has Ira Sargent created a calendar at the new farm?
3. Who are the Morses?
4. What is a dory?
5. How does Marguerite get a bruise on her forehead?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)