|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Fall.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Marguerite only use French when she is alone?
(a) The Sargents cannot understand, therefore she is trying to be polite.
(b) She wants to keep it private, only for herself.
(c) She wants to surprise the Sargents by teaching the language to the children.
(d) The Sargents do not approve of her use of the foreign tongue.
2. At the end of part 2, what does Aunt Hespa have Seth draw a pattern of Marguerite's feet on?
(c) The floor.
3. What animal do the children find at Falmouth and decide to adopt?
(a) A bird.
(b) A tiger cub.
(c) A cat.
(d) A dog.
4. When Marguerite finds the cave in the woods, what about it frightens her?
(a) The smell.
(b) The bats.
(c) The idea of bears.
(d) The closeness.
5. What is the point of view of the novel?
(a) Third person omniscient.
(b) Second person.
(c) First person.
(d) Third person limited.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Marguerite untangling as the novel begins?
2. Who tells Marguerite she did the right thing after her encounter with the bear?
3. What did the captain say takes you places without waiting for no road?
4. How many pairs of shoes does Dolly tell Aunt Hespa there are for her children and Marguerite that winter in Part 2?
5. What does Marguerite think of her reflection after having not seen herself for many months?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)