|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Fall.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what port in France did Marguerite, her uncle, and her grandmother sail from the year before the opening of the novel?
(d) Le Havre.
2. In part 2, what does Aunt Hespa tell Marguerite she is waiting for in order to complete the squares for her Delectable Mountain quilt?
(a) Special thread.
(b) Good wool.
3. What skill was Marguerite taught by the Sisters in a convent in France?
4. Who rescues Marguerite out of the water after she rescues the cow and calf?
(a) Caleb Sargent.
(b) Dolly Sargent.
(c) Ira Sargent.
(d) Joel Sargent.
5. What does Marguerite quietly admire about the men working on the house at the Raising?
(a) Their ability to drink freely.
(b) Their ability to ignore the children.
(c) Their ability to do as they please.
(d) Their ability to turn trees into homes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is still left to be done in the Sargents' house after the Raising is done?
2. What reason does the captain give for changing the originally intended course of the ship to the new farm?
3. In what year does the novel begin?
4. What is Passageewakeag?
5. How many pairs of shoes does Dolly tell Aunt Hespa there are for her children and Marguerite that winter in Part 2?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)