|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Fall.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the children hope will come find them while they are lost in the woods in part 2?
2. What does Marguerite think of her reflection after having not seen herself for many months?
(a) She is unhappy with the shape of her nose.
(b) Her reflection seems odd to her becasue it has matured some.
(c) She likes what she sees.
(d) She thinks she looks like an Indian.
3. Why does Becky Sargent suggest the dog, Pumpkin, smells Indians?
(a) He is chasing the neighbors from house.
(b) He is barking his afraid bark.
(c) He is sniffing at the ground.
(d) He is chasing his tail.
4. What does Aunt Hespa bring for Marguerite when she arrives at the Raising?
(a) Fresh herbs.
(b) A doll.
(c) New stockings.
(d) A new dress.
5. Who rescues Marguerite out of the water after she rescues the cow and calf?
(a) Ira Sargent.
(b) Dolly Sargent.
(c) Joel Sargent.
(d) Caleb Sargent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal does Marguerite think Dolly resembles in her homespun dress and scoop bonnet?
2. What does Marguerite quickly learn a bound-out girl is not expected to hold?
3. What does grit mean as used in Part 1 of this novel?
4. At the end of part 2, why does Aunt Hespa have Seth draw a pattern of Marguerite's feet?
5. What sport does Caleb indulge in that has resulted in great amounts of meat to be dried for winter use?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)