|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Fall.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is an excuse for festivity as Marguerite guesses in the beginning of Part 2?
(a) Wool gathering.
(b) Barn raising.
(c) A roof raising.
(d) Corn shelling.
2. Why does Marguerite decide Indians must not be so bad as they travel through Penobscot Bay?
(a) They come from French Canada.
(b) One saved a French explorer.
(c) A Baron of France married one.
(d) They often live with the French.
3. In Part 2, rumors of what delayed the sailing of the Isabella B in one of two incidences?
(a) Indian raids.
(b) A French invasion.
(c) Heavy seas.
(d) Bad storms.
4. What does Dolly say at the beginning of Part 2 she is grateful for?
(a) Good neighbors willing to work.
(b) Good weather for the Raising.
(c) The health of her children.
(d) A good servant in Marguerite.
5. Who plays the fiddle during Marguerite's visit at Aunt Hespa's?
(a) Ira Sargent.
(b) Joel Sargent.
(c) Seth Jordan.
(d) Ethan Jordan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the children eat with their bread that makes Dolly worry about their cleanliness?
2. Why does Marguerite only use French when she is alone?
3. What do the children talk about as they watch the men work at the Raising?
4. What did the captain say takes you places without waiting for no road?
5. How many pairs of shoes does Dolly tell Aunt Hespa there are for her children and Marguerite that winter in Part 2?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)