|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Fall.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dolly Sargent use to nurse her baby on the ship?
(a) Cleaned pig intestines.
(b) A wooden cup.
(c) A rubber glove.
(d) A hollowed out gourd filled with milk.
2. What is a bound-out girl?
(a) A girl who travels with families in need.
(b) A girl who runs errands for a family.
(c) A girl who is sent to boarding school.
(d) A girl who works as a servant in exchange for room and board.
3. What does Aunt Hespa bring for Marguerite when she arrives at the Raising?
(a) A doll.
(b) Fresh herbs.
(c) New stockings.
(d) A new dress.
4. Where are Aunt Hespa's family from?
5. What does Marguerite quickly learn a bound-out girl is not expected to hold?
(b) The children.
(c) Opinions of their own.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marguerite think of her reflection after having not seen herself for many months?
2. What does Marguerite quietly admire about the men working on the house at the Raising?
3. Who rescues Marguerite out of the water after she rescues the cow and calf?
4. In Part 2, rumors of what delayed the sailing of the Isabella B in one of two incidences?
5. What job is Marguerite immediately given as the Raising starts?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)