|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Fall.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the children hope will come find them while they are lost in the woods in part 2?
2. What chore does Caleb allow Marguerite to do that she often finds wearisome, though she refuses to tell Caleb, in Part 2?
(a) Potato digging.
(b) Corn grinding.
(c) Drying fish.
(d) Scraping animal hides.
3. Why does Marguerite only use French when she is alone?
(a) She wants to surprise the Sargents by teaching the language to the children.
(b) The Sargents do not approve of her use of the foreign tongue.
(c) The Sargents cannot understand, therefore she is trying to be polite.
(d) She wants to keep it private, only for herself.
4. How much older than Marguerite is Caleb?
(a) A year.
(b) The same age.
(c) Three years.
(d) Two years.
5. What does grit mean as used in Part 1 of this novel?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Marguerite decide Indians must not be so bad as they travel through Penobscot Bay?
2. The growth of what plants signal the end of summer for Marguerite?
3. What skill was Marguerite taught by the Sisters in a convent in France?
4. Where does young Jacob sit while eating his midday meal?
5. Why does Joel Sargent tell his wife the captain of the Isabella B stayed with them for so long?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)