|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Fall.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Champlain?
(a) A French priest.
(b) A French explorer.
(c) A French painter.
(d) A French aristocrat.
2. What animal does Marguerite think Dolly resembles in her homespun dress and scoop bonnet?
(a) A pig.
(b) A sheep.
(c) A cow.
(d) A hen.
3. In part 2, what bird does Marguerite show a reluctance to eat?
4. How many pairs of shoes does Dolly tell Aunt Hespa there are for her children and Marguerite that winter in Part 2?
(a) Two pair for four children and none for Marguerite.
(b) Three pair for five children and two for Marguerite.
(c) Enough for everyone.
(d) One pair for two children and one for Marguerite.
5. What skill was Marguerite taught by the Sisters in a convent in France?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says the young man in Aunt Hespa's song was wrong to leave his lover?
2. How do the twins explain to Marguerite the crickets make their noises?
3. What is still left to be done in the Sargents' house after the Raising is done?
4. What reason does the captain give for changing the originally intended course of the ship to the new farm?
5. Why does Marguerite only use French when she is alone?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)