|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Fall.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marguerite wear on a cord around her neck?
(a) Her uncle's wedding ring and her grandmother's watch.
(b) A button of her uncle's and a brooch of her grandmother's.
(c) One of her uncle's buttons and her grandmother's plain gold ring.
(d) Her grandmother's ring and her uncle's photograph.
2. What item of clothing does Aunt Hespa give to Marguerite at the end of part 2?
(a) A new dress.
(d) Cotton underclothing.
3. Why does Marguerite decide Indians must not be so bad as they travel through Penobscot Bay?
(a) A Baron of France married one.
(b) They come from French Canada.
(c) One saved a French explorer.
(d) They often live with the French.
4. Who is Seth Jordan?
(a) One of the Sargents' new neighbors.
(b) The governor of the village where the Sargents are settling.
(c) Marguerite's cousin.
(d) The previous owner of the Sargents' farm.
5. How much older than Marguerite is Caleb?
(a) Three years.
(b) The same age.
(c) Two years.
(d) A year.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Marguerite untangling as the novel begins?
2. Of whom is the poem Maypole Point about?
3. What does Dolly say at the beginning of Part 2 she is grateful for?
4. What is a skiff?
5. How does Marguerite get a bruise on her forehead?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)