|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Fall.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Marguerite only use French when she is alone?
(a) The Sargents cannot understand, therefore she is trying to be polite.
(b) She wants to keep it private, only for herself.
(c) She wants to surprise the Sargents by teaching the language to the children.
(d) The Sargents do not approve of her use of the foreign tongue.
2. What does Marguerite think of her reflection after having not seen herself for many months?
(a) She is unhappy with the shape of her nose.
(b) Her reflection seems odd to her becasue it has matured some.
(c) She thinks she looks like an Indian.
(d) She likes what she sees.
3. From what port in France did Marguerite, her uncle, and her grandmother sail from the year before the opening of the novel?
(b) Le Havre.
4. What is the name of the place where Marguerite and her grandmother end up after they run out of money?
(c) Poor Farm.
5. To where were Marguerite, her uncle, and her grandmother planning to go when they left France?
(b) New York.
(c) St. Louis.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Becky Sargent suggest the dog, Pumpkin, smells Indians?
2. How much older than Marguerite is Caleb?
3. How does Marguerite get a bruise on her forehead?
4. Why does Marguerite decide Indians must not be so bad as they travel through Penobscot Bay?
5. At the end of part 2, what does Aunt Hespa have Seth draw a pattern of Marguerite's feet on?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)