|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Fall.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What chore does Caleb allow Marguerite to do that she often finds wearisome, though she refuses to tell Caleb, in Part 2?
(a) Drying fish.
(b) Potato digging.
(c) Scraping animal hides.
(d) Corn grinding.
2. At the end of part 2, what does Aunt Hespa have Seth draw a pattern of Marguerite's feet on?
(d) The floor.
3. What does Caleb criticize Marguerite for doing after she saw the bear?
(a) For leaving the butter in the stream.
(b) For allowing the dog to attack it.
(c) For allowing the children to follow the dog.
(d) For scaring it away.
4. In part 2, what do the men spend most of their evenings doing?
(a) Building furniture.
(b) Telling stories of their childhoods.
(c) Whittling spoons out of wood.
(d) Reading the Bible.
5. What special clothing is Debby wearing for the Raising?
(a) A silk christening dress.
(b) A cotton dress.
(c) A holland jumper.
(d) A homespun t-shirt and diaper.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does the novel begin?
2. What do Marguerite and the twins spend the morning of the Raising doing?
3. Why does Marguerite only use French when she is alone?
4. What image does Dolly suggest the neighbors will compare her children to if they are not washed and cleaned?
5. How many children do the Stanleys have?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)