|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Summer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Champlain?
(a) A French explorer.
(b) A French priest.
(c) A French painter.
(d) A French aristocrat.
2. What does Marguerite quickly learn a bound-out girl is not expected to hold?
(b) The children.
(c) Opinions of their own.
3. How many children do the Sargents have?
4. Why does Marguerite decide Indians must not be so bad as they travel through Penobscot Bay?
(a) A Baron of France married one.
(b) They come from French Canada.
(c) One saved a French explorer.
(d) They often live with the French.
5. In what year does the novel begin?
Short Answer Questions
1. Off of what island is it said is the best fishing in Penobscot Bay?
2. In Aunt Hespa's song, what happens to the young woman's lover?
3. Where are Aunt Hespa's family from?
4. What is one of the reasons Joel Sargent gives for deciding to sell all he owns to buy this new farm?
5. Who is the main character of Calico Bush?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)