|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Summer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of dress to several of the Sargent children wish they could have?
(a) Dresses with long, stiff skirts.
(b) Dresses of silk.
(c) Dresses with color and patterns.
(d) Dresses of soft cotton.
2. What is the point of view of the novel?
(a) Third person omniscient.
(b) Second person.
(c) First person.
(d) Third person limited.
3. What does Marguerite wear on a cord around her neck?
(a) Her uncle's wedding ring and her grandmother's watch.
(b) A button of her uncle's and a brooch of her grandmother's.
(c) One of her uncle's buttons and her grandmother's plain gold ring.
(d) Her grandmother's ring and her uncle's photograph.
4. What is a bound-out girl?
(a) A girl who travels with families in need.
(b) A girl who works as a servant in exchange for room and board.
(c) A girl who is sent to boarding school.
(d) A girl who runs errands for a family.
5. Why does Marguerite decide Indians must not be so bad as they travel through Penobscot Bay?
(a) They come from French Canada.
(b) A Baron of France married one.
(c) One saved a French explorer.
(d) They often live with the French.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the reasons Joel Sargent gives for deciding to sell all he owns to buy this new farm?
2. To what does Caleb often compare Marguerite to, suggesting his thoughts as to her trustworthiness?
3. How many children do the Sargents have?
4. What reason does the captain give for changing the originally intended course of the ship to the new farm?
5. What does Marguerite quickly learn a bound-out girl is not expected to hold?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)