|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Summer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Jerusha?
(a) Dolly's sister.
(b) Joel's mother.
(c) A corncob doll.
(d) A sheep.
2. What does Marguerite wear on a cord around her neck?
(a) Her uncle's wedding ring and her grandmother's watch.
(b) One of her uncle's buttons and her grandmother's plain gold ring.
(c) Her grandmother's ring and her uncle's photograph.
(d) A button of her uncle's and a brooch of her grandmother's.
3. What is a dory?
(a) A small boat.
(b) A tool.
(c) A bird.
(d) A large ship.
4. What is the name of the place where Marguerite and her grandmother end up after they run out of money?
(b) Poor Farm.
5. What does Caleb Sargent often call Marguerite in the beginning of the novel?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Seth Jordan?
2. What is a skiff?
3. Why has the author begun her book with the poem Maypole Point?
4. What is one of the reasons Joel Sargent gives for deciding to sell all he owns to buy this new farm?
5. Of whom is the poem Maypole Point about?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)