|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Summer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does the captain give for changing the originally intended course of the ship to the new farm?
(a) There are too many children on board to risk a slower route.
(b) The ship is too light.
(c) The ship is heavily loaded.
(d) There are too many storms in the area.
2. What business did Marguerite's uncle plan to start in the New World?
(a) A shoe repair shop.
(b) A violin repair shop.
(c) A dance studio.
(d) A music store.
3. How does Marguerite get a bruise on her forehead?
(a) She falls below deck during the storm.
(b) She is kicked by one of the children in their sleep.
(c) She is hit with debris while helping to save the livestock during a storm.
(d) She is punished by Joel Sargent for insolence.
4. What is one of the reasons Joel Sargent gives for deciding to sell all he owns to buy this new farm?
(a) The farmhouse.
(b) The ability to grow more food for the family.
(c) The sugar maples on the new land.
(d) The large amount of land as compared to only an acre or two in Marblehead.
5. What is Marguerite untangling as the novel begins?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the point of view of the novel?
2. What is a dory?
3. Where are Aunt Hespa's family from?
4. What is a skiff?
5. What are the mugs made of that Aunt Hespa serves milk in after Marguerite's ordeal in the channel saving the cows?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)