|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Summer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who plays the fiddle during Marguerite's visit at Aunt Hespa's?
(a) Ethan Jordan.
(b) Seth Jordan.
(c) Joel Sargent.
(d) Ira Sargent.
2. What does Marguerite quickly learn a bound-out girl is not expected to hold?
(b) Opinions of their own.
(d) The children.
3. Who is Jerusha?
(a) A corncob doll.
(b) Dolly's sister.
(c) Joel's mother.
(d) A sheep.
4. What is the name of the ship the Sargents are sailing on to get to their new farm?
(b) Isabella B.
(d) Isadora D.
5. In what year does the novel begin?
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal do the children find at Falmouth and decide to adopt?
2. From what port in France did Marguerite, her uncle, and her grandmother sail from the year before the opening of the novel?
3. To what does Caleb often compare Marguerite to, suggesting his thoughts as to her trustworthiness?
4. What is the name of the place where Marguerite and her grandmother end up after they run out of money?
5. Of whom is the poem Maypole Point about?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)