|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Summer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To where were Marguerite, her uncle, and her grandmother planning to go when they left France?
(b) St. Louis.
(c) New York.
2. What do the children eat with their bread that makes Dolly worry about their cleanliness?
(b) Dried fruit.
3. What kind of dress to several of the Sargent children wish they could have?
(a) Dresses with color and patterns.
(b) Dresses of silk.
(c) Dresses of soft cotton.
(d) Dresses with long, stiff skirts.
4. What is the point of view of the novel?
(a) Second person.
(b) First person.
(c) Third person limited.
(d) Third person omniscient.
5. In Aunt Hespa's song, what happens to the young woman's lover?
(a) He froze to death working in the fields of his farm.
(b) He froze to death while traveling to get his bride a nice wedding dress.
(c) He died at sea.
(d) He was murdered by theives.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the ship the Sargents are sailing on to get to their new farm?
2. In Aunt Hespa's song, what is the dress the young woman wanted to make her dress out of?
3. What does Dolly Sargent use to nurse her baby on the ship?
4. How many children do the Sargents have?
5. To what does Caleb often compare Marguerite to, suggesting his thoughts as to her trustworthiness?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)