|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Summer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Caleb often compare Marguerite to, suggesting his thoughts as to her trustworthiness?
2. What is the name of the place where Marguerite and her grandmother end up after they run out of money?
(a) Poor Farm.
3. Who is Seth Jordan?
(a) The previous owner of the Sargents' farm.
(b) One of the Sargents' new neighbors.
(c) The governor of the village where the Sargents are settling.
(d) Marguerite's cousin.
4. From what port in France did Marguerite, her uncle, and her grandmother sail from the year before the opening of the novel?
(a) Le Havre.
5. What does grit mean as used in Part 1 of this novel?
Short Answer Questions
1. What business did Marguerite's uncle plan to start in the New World?
2. Where are Aunt Hespa's family from?
3. What is the name of the ship the Sargents are sailing on to get to their new farm?
4. To where were Marguerite, her uncle, and her grandmother planning to go when they left France?
5. What is the point of view of the novel?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)