|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Summer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marguerite wear on a cord around her neck?
(a) Her uncle's wedding ring and her grandmother's watch.
(b) A button of her uncle's and a brooch of her grandmother's.
(c) Her grandmother's ring and her uncle's photograph.
(d) One of her uncle's buttons and her grandmother's plain gold ring.
2. What is the name of the place where Marguerite and her grandmother end up after they run out of money?
(b) Poor Farm.
3. Who is the main character of Calico Bush?
(a) Marguerite Ledoux.
(b) Dolly Sargent.
(c) Aunt Hespa.
(d) Caleb Sargent.
4. Who plays the fiddle during Marguerite's visit at Aunt Hespa's?
(a) Ethan Jordan.
(b) Seth Jordan.
(c) Ira Sargent.
(d) Joel Sargent.
5. What is the point of view of the novel?
(a) Third person limited.
(b) Second person.
(c) First person.
(d) Third person omniscient.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the mugs made of that Aunt Hespa serves milk in after Marguerite's ordeal in the channel saving the cows?
2. What is one of the reasons Joel Sargent gives for deciding to sell all he owns to buy this new farm?
3. How many children do the Sargents have?
4. Who is Jerusha?
5. What is a bound-out girl?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)