|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Summer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Seth Jordan?
(a) One of the Sargents' new neighbors.
(b) The previous owner of the Sargents' farm.
(c) Marguerite's cousin.
(d) The governor of the village where the Sargents are settling.
2. What is a bound-out girl?
(a) A girl who runs errands for a family.
(b) A girl who works as a servant in exchange for room and board.
(c) A girl who is sent to boarding school.
(d) A girl who travels with families in need.
3. Of whom is the poem Maypole Point about?
(c) Aunt Hespa.
4. Who plays the fiddle during Marguerite's visit at Aunt Hespa's?
(a) Ira Sargent.
(b) Seth Jordan.
(c) Joel Sargent.
(d) Ethan Jordan.
5. What kind of dress to several of the Sargent children wish they could have?
(a) Dresses of soft cotton.
(b) Dresses with long, stiff skirts.
(c) Dresses of silk.
(d) Dresses with color and patterns.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Champlain?
2. From what port in France did Marguerite, her uncle, and her grandmother sail from the year before the opening of the novel?
3. What animal do the children find at Falmouth and decide to adopt?
4. What business did Marguerite's uncle plan to start in the New World?
5. What is a skiff?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)