|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Summer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the reasons Joel Sargent gives for deciding to sell all he owns to buy this new farm?
(a) The sugar maples on the new land.
(b) The ability to grow more food for the family.
(c) The large amount of land as compared to only an acre or two in Marblehead.
(d) The farmhouse.
2. Who is Champlain?
(a) A French painter.
(b) A French priest.
(c) A French explorer.
(d) A French aristocrat.
3. Why does Marguerite decide Indians must not be so bad as they travel through Penobscot Bay?
(a) A Baron of France married one.
(b) One saved a French explorer.
(c) They come from French Canada.
(d) They often live with the French.
4. Where are Aunt Hespa's family from?
5. Of whom is the poem Maypole Point about?
(a) Aunt Hespa.
Short Answer Questions
1. To where were Marguerite, her uncle, and her grandmother planning to go when they left France?
2. What is the point of view of the novel?
3. What does grit mean as used in Part 1 of this novel?
4. What are the mugs made of that Aunt Hespa serves milk in after Marguerite's ordeal in the channel saving the cows?
5. What is Passageewakeag?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)