|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Summer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who rescues Marguerite out of the water after she rescues the cow and calf?
(a) Dolly Sargent.
(b) Caleb Sargent.
(c) Ira Sargent.
(d) Joel Sargent.
2. Who is Seth Jordan?
(a) Marguerite's cousin.
(b) One of the Sargents' new neighbors.
(c) The governor of the village where the Sargents are settling.
(d) The previous owner of the Sargents' farm.
3. Who is Champlain?
(a) A French explorer.
(b) A French aristocrat.
(c) A French priest.
(d) A French painter.
4. What is a skiff?
(a) A small boat.
(b) A large sailboat.
(c) A surf board.
(d) A laundry tool.
5. What is Marguerite untangling as the novel begins?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Aunt Hespa's song, what happens to the young woman's lover?
2. Where are Aunt Hespa's family from?
3. What is the point of view of the novel?
4. What is one of the reasons Joel Sargent gives for deciding to sell all he owns to buy this new farm?
5. In what year does the novel begin?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)