|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Summer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What skill was Marguerite taught by the Sisters in a convent in France?
2. Who is Jerusha?
(a) Dolly's sister.
(b) A corncob doll.
(c) Joel's mother.
(d) A sheep.
3. Where are Aunt Hespa's family from?
4. How much older than Marguerite is Caleb?
(a) Three years.
(b) Two years.
(c) A year.
(d) The same age.
5. Why has the author begun her book with the poem Maypole Point?
(a) To build tension in the story.
(b) To show off her poetic side.
(c) To foreshadow the death of Marguerite.
(d) To preface the story.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of whom is the poem Maypole Point about?
2. What is the name of the ship the Sargents are sailing on to get to their new farm?
3. Why does Marguerite only use French when she is alone?
4. What is a dory?
5. What does grit mean as used in Part 1 of this novel?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)