|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Summer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Marguerite is awoken by the storm, what is the first thing she does?
(a) Reaches for her money.
(b) Reaches for the children.
(c) Reaches for her rosary.
(d) Reaches for her belongings.
2. In Aunt Hespa's song, what is the dress the young woman wanted to make her dress out of?
(a) Spun cotton.
(c) Sprigged calico.
3. To where were Marguerite, her uncle, and her grandmother planning to go when they left France?
(a) St. Louis.
(d) New York.
4. How many children do the Sargents have?
5. What animal do the children find at Falmouth and decide to adopt?
(a) A tiger cub.
(b) A bird.
(c) A cat.
(d) A dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has the author begun her book with the poem Maypole Point?
2. In Aunt Hespa's song, what happens to the young woman's lover?
3. Who is the main character of Calico Bush?
4. In what year does the novel begin?
5. Who is Seth Jordan?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)