|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Summer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a bound-out girl?
(a) A girl who runs errands for a family.
(b) A girl who is sent to boarding school.
(c) A girl who works as a servant in exchange for room and board.
(d) A girl who travels with families in need.
2. What does Marguerite point out in the night sky to the children?
(a) The direction to their new home.
(b) A falling star.
(d) The full moon.
3. What is a skiff?
(a) A laundry tool.
(b) A large sailboat.
(c) A surf board.
(d) A small boat.
4. What business did Marguerite's uncle plan to start in the New World?
(a) A dance studio.
(b) A shoe repair shop.
(c) A violin repair shop.
(d) A music store.
5. What is the name of the ship the Sargents are sailing on to get to their new farm?
(b) Isadora D.
(c) Isabella B.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the children eat with their bread that makes Dolly worry about their cleanliness?
2. Who is Champlain?
3. What is the name of the place where Marguerite and her grandmother end up after they run out of money?
4. What does Caleb Sargent often call Marguerite in the beginning of the novel?
5. Who says the young man in Aunt Hespa's song was wrong to leave his lover?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)