|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Summer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the children eat with their bread that makes Dolly worry about their cleanliness?
(a) Dried fruit.
2. What is Marguerite untangling as the novel begins?
3. In Aunt Hespa's song, what is the dress the young woman wanted to make her dress out of?
(a) Sprigged calico.
(b) Spun cotton.
4. What is the point of view of the novel?
(a) Third person omniscient.
(b) First person.
(c) Third person limited.
(d) Second person.
5. What skill was Marguerite taught by the Sisters in a convent in France?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Marguerite decide Indians must not be so bad as they travel through Penobscot Bay?
2. In Aunt Hespa's song, what happens to the young woman's lover?
3. What is the name of the place where Marguerite and her grandmother end up after they run out of money?
4. What does Caleb Sargent often call Marguerite in the beginning of the novel?
5. When Marguerite is awoken by the storm, what is the first thing she does?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)