|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Summer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the children eat with their bread that makes Dolly worry about their cleanliness?
(a) Dried fruit.
2. What is a skiff?
(a) A small boat.
(b) A large sailboat.
(c) A surf board.
(d) A laundry tool.
3. What is the point of view of the novel?
(a) First person.
(b) Third person omniscient.
(c) Second person.
(d) Third person limited.
4. In Aunt Hespa's song, what happens to the young woman's lover?
(a) He froze to death working in the fields of his farm.
(b) He died at sea.
(c) He was murdered by theives.
(d) He froze to death while traveling to get his bride a nice wedding dress.
5. What is one of the reasons Joel Sargent gives for deciding to sell all he owns to buy this new farm?
(a) The sugar maples on the new land.
(b) The ability to grow more food for the family.
(c) The farmhouse.
(d) The large amount of land as compared to only an acre or two in Marblehead.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Aunt Hespa's song, what is the dress the young woman wanted to make her dress out of?
2. To where were Marguerite, her uncle, and her grandmother planning to go when they left France?
3. From what port in France did Marguerite, her uncle, and her grandmother sail from the year before the opening of the novel?
4. What skill was Marguerite taught by the Sisters in a convent in France?
5. Where are Aunt Hespa's family from?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)