|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Summer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does the captain give for changing the originally intended course of the ship to the new farm?
(a) There are too many storms in the area.
(b) There are too many children on board to risk a slower route.
(c) The ship is heavily loaded.
(d) The ship is too light.
2. In what year does the novel begin?
3. What is the point of view of the novel?
(a) Third person omniscient.
(b) Third person limited.
(c) First person.
(d) Second person.
4. What does Dolly Sargent use to nurse her baby on the ship?
(a) A hollowed out gourd filled with milk.
(b) Cleaned pig intestines.
(c) A rubber glove.
(d) A wooden cup.
5. Who plays the fiddle during Marguerite's visit at Aunt Hespa's?
(a) Ira Sargent.
(b) Joel Sargent.
(c) Seth Jordan.
(d) Ethan Jordan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Champlain?
2. From what port in France did Marguerite, her uncle, and her grandmother sail from the year before the opening of the novel?
3. What kind of dress to several of the Sargent children wish they could have?
4. Of whom is the poem Maypole Point about?
5. Why has the author begun her book with the poem Maypole Point?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)