|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Summer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Champlain?
(a) A French priest.
(b) A French explorer.
(c) A French aristocrat.
(d) A French painter.
2. What does Aunt Hespa boil in milk to help cure health complaints?
(a) Sheep laurel petals.
(b) Mullein leaves.
(c) Bayberry leaves.
3. In Aunt Hespa's song, what is the dress the young woman wanted to make her dress out of?
(b) Sprigged calico.
(d) Spun cotton.
4. Who plays the fiddle during Marguerite's visit at Aunt Hespa's?
(a) Seth Jordan.
(b) Joel Sargent.
(c) Ira Sargent.
(d) Ethan Jordan.
5. Off of what island is it said is the best fishing in Penobscot Bay?
(a) Mount Desert.
(b) Sunday Island.
(c) Isle au Haut.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal does Marguerite think Dolly resembles in her homespun dress and scoop bonnet?
2. Who is Jerusha?
3. What does Marguerite quickly learn a bound-out girl is not expected to hold?
4. How many children do the Sargents have?
5. What are the mugs made of that Aunt Hespa serves milk in after Marguerite's ordeal in the channel saving the cows?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)