|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Summer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Seth Jordan?
(a) Marguerite's cousin.
(b) One of the Sargents' new neighbors.
(c) The previous owner of the Sargents' farm.
(d) The governor of the village where the Sargents are settling.
2. What is one of the reasons Joel Sargent gives for deciding to sell all he owns to buy this new farm?
(a) The ability to grow more food for the family.
(b) The farmhouse.
(c) The sugar maples on the new land.
(d) The large amount of land as compared to only an acre or two in Marblehead.
3. Who says the young man in Aunt Hespa's song was wrong to leave his lover?
(a) Ira Sargent.
(b) Seth Jordan.
(c) Ethan Jordan.
(d) Joel Sargent.
4. What are the mugs made of that Aunt Hespa serves milk in after Marguerite's ordeal in the channel saving the cows?
5. What does Marguerite wear on a cord around her neck?
(a) A button of her uncle's and a brooch of her grandmother's.
(b) Her grandmother's ring and her uncle's photograph.
(c) One of her uncle's buttons and her grandmother's plain gold ring.
(d) Her uncle's wedding ring and her grandmother's watch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a dory?
2. What is Marguerite untangling as the novel begins?
3. What does Aunt Hespa boil in milk to help cure health complaints?
4. What business did Marguerite's uncle plan to start in the New World?
5. Why has the author begun her book with the poem Maypole Point?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)