|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Summer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aunt Hespa boil in milk to help cure health complaints?
(a) Bayberry leaves.
(b) Mullein leaves.
(c) Sheep laurel petals.
2. In what year does the novel begin?
3. Why does Marguerite only use French when she is alone?
(a) The Sargents cannot understand, therefore she is trying to be polite.
(b) The Sargents do not approve of her use of the foreign tongue.
(c) She wants to keep it private, only for herself.
(d) She wants to surprise the Sargents by teaching the language to the children.
4. How much older than Marguerite is Caleb?
(a) Two years.
(b) The same age.
(c) A year.
(d) Three years.
5. How does Marguerite get a bruise on her forehead?
(a) She falls below deck during the storm.
(b) She is kicked by one of the children in their sleep.
(c) She is punished by Joel Sargent for insolence.
(d) She is hit with debris while helping to save the livestock during a storm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does the captain give for changing the originally intended course of the ship to the new farm?
2. What does Marguerite wear on a cord around her neck?
3. What is one of the reasons Joel Sargent gives for deciding to sell all he owns to buy this new farm?
4. Who plays the fiddle during Marguerite's visit at Aunt Hespa's?
5. How many children do the Sargents have?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)