|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Summer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Marguerite decide Indians must not be so bad as they travel through Penobscot Bay?
(a) A Baron of France married one.
(b) One saved a French explorer.
(c) They come from French Canada.
(d) They often live with the French.
2. What does Dolly Sargent use to nurse her baby on the ship?
(a) A hollowed out gourd filled with milk.
(b) A wooden cup.
(c) Cleaned pig intestines.
(d) A rubber glove.
3. What kind of dress to several of the Sargent children wish they could have?
(a) Dresses of soft cotton.
(b) Dresses with color and patterns.
(c) Dresses of silk.
(d) Dresses with long, stiff skirts.
4. To where were Marguerite, her uncle, and her grandmother planning to go when they left France?
(a) St. Louis.
(b) New York.
5. In Aunt Hespa's song, what is the dress the young woman wanted to make her dress out of?
(c) Sprigged calico.
(d) Spun cotton.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marguerite wear on a cord around her neck?
2. In what year does the novel begin?
3. Who is the main character of Calico Bush?
4. How many children do the Sargents have?
5. Where does young Jacob sit while eating his midday meal?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)