|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Summer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal does Marguerite think Dolly resembles in her homespun dress and scoop bonnet?
(a) A hen.
(b) A pig.
(c) A sheep.
(d) A cow.
2. To where were Marguerite, her uncle, and her grandmother planning to go when they left France?
(a) New York.
(c) St. Louis.
3. What kind of dress to several of the Sargent children wish they could have?
(a) Dresses with long, stiff skirts.
(b) Dresses of silk.
(c) Dresses of soft cotton.
(d) Dresses with color and patterns.
4. What animal do the children find at Falmouth and decide to adopt?
(a) A cat.
(b) A dog.
(c) A bird.
(d) A tiger cub.
5. Who is Jerusha?
(a) A sheep.
(b) A corncob doll.
(c) Dolly's sister.
(d) Joel's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has the author begun her book with the poem Maypole Point?
2. To what does Caleb often compare Marguerite to, suggesting his thoughts as to her trustworthiness?
3. What does Marguerite point out in the night sky to the children?
4. What does Marguerite wear on a cord around her neck?
5. What do the children eat with their bread that makes Dolly worry about their cleanliness?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)