|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Summer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Aunt Hespa's song, what happens to the young woman's lover?
(a) He died at sea.
(b) He froze to death while traveling to get his bride a nice wedding dress.
(c) He froze to death working in the fields of his farm.
(d) He was murdered by theives.
2. Who says the young man in Aunt Hespa's song was wrong to leave his lover?
(a) Ethan Jordan.
(b) Seth Jordan.
(c) Ira Sargent.
(d) Joel Sargent.
3. What business did Marguerite's uncle plan to start in the New World?
(a) A dance studio.
(b) A violin repair shop.
(c) A music store.
(d) A shoe repair shop.
4. What does Marguerite wear on a cord around her neck?
(a) A button of her uncle's and a brooch of her grandmother's.
(b) Her grandmother's ring and her uncle's photograph.
(c) One of her uncle's buttons and her grandmother's plain gold ring.
(d) Her uncle's wedding ring and her grandmother's watch.
5. What kind of dress to several of the Sargent children wish they could have?
(a) Dresses with long, stiff skirts.
(b) Dresses of soft cotton.
(c) Dresses with color and patterns.
(d) Dresses of silk.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Marguerite decide Indians must not be so bad as they travel through Penobscot Bay?
2. In Aunt Hespa's song, what is the dress the young woman wanted to make her dress out of?
3. What do the children eat with their bread that makes Dolly worry about their cleanliness?
4. When Marguerite is awoken by the storm, what is the first thing she does?
5. Who is the main character of Calico Bush?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)