|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Summer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Aunt Hespa's song, what is the dress the young woman wanted to make her dress out of?
(c) Spun cotton.
(d) Sprigged calico.
2. What is a skiff?
(a) A surf board.
(b) A laundry tool.
(c) A small boat.
(d) A large sailboat.
3. What animal does Marguerite think Dolly resembles in her homespun dress and scoop bonnet?
(a) A cow.
(b) A sheep.
(c) A pig.
(d) A hen.
4. What is a bound-out girl?
(a) A girl who runs errands for a family.
(b) A girl who works as a servant in exchange for room and board.
(c) A girl who travels with families in need.
(d) A girl who is sent to boarding school.
5. What is Passageewakeag?
(a) An Indian term for place of ghosts or spirits.
(b) An Indian term for holy land.
(c) A French term for cemetery.
(d) A French term for homeland.
Short Answer Questions
1. What business did Marguerite's uncle plan to start in the New World?
2. Who is the main character of Calico Bush?
3. What skill was Marguerite taught by the Sisters in a convent in France?
4. To where were Marguerite, her uncle, and her grandmother planning to go when they left France?
5. Who is Champlain?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)