|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Summer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year does the novel begin?
2. What do the children eat with their bread that makes Dolly worry about their cleanliness?
(b) Dried fruit.
3. What animal does Marguerite think Dolly resembles in her homespun dress and scoop bonnet?
(a) A pig.
(b) A sheep.
(c) A cow.
(d) A hen.
4. Off of what island is it said is the best fishing in Penobscot Bay?
(a) Mount Desert.
(c) Isle au Haut.
(d) Sunday Island.
5. Where are Aunt Hespa's family from?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Passageewakeag?
2. To what does Caleb often compare Marguerite to, suggesting his thoughts as to her trustworthiness?
3. What is the name of the ship the Sargents are sailing on to get to their new farm?
4. Who is Jerusha?
5. What animal do the children find at Falmouth and decide to adopt?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)