|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Summer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a bound-out girl?
(a) A girl who works as a servant in exchange for room and board.
(b) A girl who travels with families in need.
(c) A girl who runs errands for a family.
(d) A girl who is sent to boarding school.
2. How many children do the Sargents have?
3. Why has the author begun her book with the poem Maypole Point?
(a) To show off her poetic side.
(b) To build tension in the story.
(c) To preface the story.
(d) To foreshadow the death of Marguerite.
4. Why does Marguerite decide Indians must not be so bad as they travel through Penobscot Bay?
(a) They come from French Canada.
(b) One saved a French explorer.
(c) They often live with the French.
(d) A Baron of France married one.
5. What does Marguerite wear on a cord around her neck?
(a) A button of her uncle's and a brooch of her grandmother's.
(b) One of her uncle's buttons and her grandmother's plain gold ring.
(c) Her grandmother's ring and her uncle's photograph.
(d) Her uncle's wedding ring and her grandmother's watch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who plays the fiddle during Marguerite's visit at Aunt Hespa's?
2. What kind of dress to several of the Sargent children wish they could have?
3. In Aunt Hespa's song, what happens to the young woman's lover?
4. Who is Seth Jordan?
5. What does Caleb Sargent often call Marguerite in the beginning of the novel?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)