|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Summer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Marguerite decide Indians must not be so bad as they travel through Penobscot Bay?
(a) They come from French Canada.
(b) A Baron of France married one.
(c) One saved a French explorer.
(d) They often live with the French.
2. From what port in France did Marguerite, her uncle, and her grandmother sail from the year before the opening of the novel?
(c) Le Havre.
3. What kind of dress to several of the Sargent children wish they could have?
(a) Dresses of silk.
(b) Dresses of soft cotton.
(c) Dresses with long, stiff skirts.
(d) Dresses with color and patterns.
4. How does Marguerite get a bruise on her forehead?
(a) She is hit with debris while helping to save the livestock during a storm.
(b) She falls below deck during the storm.
(c) She is punished by Joel Sargent for insolence.
(d) She is kicked by one of the children in their sleep.
5. What does Marguerite quickly learn a bound-out girl is not expected to hold?
(a) The children.
(b) Opinions of their own.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Aunt Hespa's family from?
2. What is the name of the ship the Sargents are sailing on to get to their new farm?
3. To what does Caleb often compare Marguerite to, suggesting his thoughts as to her trustworthiness?
4. Why has the author begun her book with the poem Maypole Point?
5. What is a dory?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)