|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Summer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a skiff?
(a) A surf board.
(b) A laundry tool.
(c) A large sailboat.
(d) A small boat.
2. What is the point of view of the novel?
(a) Third person omniscient.
(b) Third person limited.
(c) First person.
(d) Second person.
3. What reason does the captain give for changing the originally intended course of the ship to the new farm?
(a) The ship is heavily loaded.
(b) There are too many storms in the area.
(c) There are too many children on board to risk a slower route.
(d) The ship is too light.
4. What animal do the children find at Falmouth and decide to adopt?
(a) A bird.
(b) A dog.
(c) A tiger cub.
(d) A cat.
5. What does grit mean as used in Part 1 of this novel?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Marguerite untangling as the novel begins?
2. Who says the young man in Aunt Hespa's song was wrong to leave his lover?
3. Who rescues Marguerite out of the water after she rescues the cow and calf?
4. What is one of the reasons Joel Sargent gives for deciding to sell all he owns to buy this new farm?
5. Why does Marguerite decide Indians must not be so bad as they travel through Penobscot Bay?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)