|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Summer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who rescues Marguerite out of the water after she rescues the cow and calf?
(a) Ira Sargent.
(b) Caleb Sargent.
(c) Joel Sargent.
(d) Dolly Sargent.
2. In Aunt Hespa's song, what happens to the young woman's lover?
(a) He froze to death working in the fields of his farm.
(b) He was murdered by theives.
(c) He froze to death while traveling to get his bride a nice wedding dress.
(d) He died at sea.
3. Off of what island is it said is the best fishing in Penobscot Bay?
(b) Isle au Haut.
(c) Sunday Island.
(d) Mount Desert.
4. How many children do the Sargents have?
5. To what does Caleb often compare Marguerite to, suggesting his thoughts as to her trustworthiness?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a dory?
2. Why does Marguerite decide Indians must not be so bad as they travel through Penobscot Bay?
3. What skill was Marguerite taught by the Sisters in a convent in France?
4. To where were Marguerite, her uncle, and her grandmother planning to go when they left France?
5. What are the mugs made of that Aunt Hespa serves milk in after Marguerite's ordeal in the channel saving the cows?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)