|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Summer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Marguerite is awoken by the storm, what is the first thing she does?
(a) Reaches for her money.
(b) Reaches for the children.
(c) Reaches for her belongings.
(d) Reaches for her rosary.
2. How does Marguerite get a bruise on her forehead?
(a) She is kicked by one of the children in their sleep.
(b) She is punished by Joel Sargent for insolence.
(c) She is hit with debris while helping to save the livestock during a storm.
(d) She falls below deck during the storm.
3. What business did Marguerite's uncle plan to start in the New World?
(a) A violin repair shop.
(b) A music store.
(c) A dance studio.
(d) A shoe repair shop.
4. How many children do the Sargents have?
5. To what does Caleb often compare Marguerite to, suggesting his thoughts as to her trustworthiness?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the point of view of the novel?
2. Of whom is the poem Maypole Point about?
3. What is a dory?
4. What animal does Marguerite think Dolly resembles in her homespun dress and scoop bonnet?
5. In Aunt Hespa's song, what happens to the young woman's lover?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)