|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Summer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the main character of Calico Bush?
(a) Caleb Sargent.
(b) Aunt Hespa.
(c) Marguerite Ledoux.
(d) Dolly Sargent.
2. Who is Jerusha?
(a) Joel's mother.
(b) A sheep.
(c) Dolly's sister.
(d) A corncob doll.
3. What business did Marguerite's uncle plan to start in the New World?
(a) A music store.
(b) A shoe repair shop.
(c) A dance studio.
(d) A violin repair shop.
4. Off of what island is it said is the best fishing in Penobscot Bay?
(a) Sunday Island.
(c) Isle au Haut.
(d) Mount Desert.
5. What is Marguerite untangling as the novel begins?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of dress to several of the Sargent children wish they could have?
2. Where are Aunt Hespa's family from?
3. Why does Marguerite only use French when she is alone?
4. When Marguerite is awoken by the storm, what is the first thing she does?
5. What do the children eat with their bread that makes Dolly worry about their cleanliness?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)