|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Summer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the point of view of the novel?
(a) Third person limited.
(b) Third person omniscient.
(c) Second person.
(d) First person.
2. What is Passageewakeag?
(a) An Indian term for place of ghosts or spirits.
(b) A French term for cemetery.
(c) A French term for homeland.
(d) An Indian term for holy land.
3. To what does Caleb often compare Marguerite to, suggesting his thoughts as to her trustworthiness?
4. In Aunt Hespa's song, what is the dress the young woman wanted to make her dress out of?
(a) Sprigged calico.
(c) Spun cotton.
5. Off of what island is it said is the best fishing in Penobscot Bay?
(a) Isle au Haut.
(c) Mount Desert.
(d) Sunday Island.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does young Jacob sit while eating his midday meal?
2. What are the mugs made of that Aunt Hespa serves milk in after Marguerite's ordeal in the channel saving the cows?
3. What animal does Marguerite think Dolly resembles in her homespun dress and scoop bonnet?
4. What does Aunt Hespa boil in milk to help cure health complaints?
5. What is the name of the ship the Sargents are sailing on to get to their new farm?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)