|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Summer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does young Jacob sit while eating his midday meal?
(a) On the ship's rail.
(b) On the ship's deck.
(c) On Marguerite's lap.
(d) On a keg.
2. What does Marguerite point out in the night sky to the children?
(a) The direction to their new home.
(b) A falling star.
(d) The full moon.
3. What does Aunt Hespa boil in milk to help cure health complaints?
(b) Sheep laurel petals.
(c) Mullein leaves.
(d) Bayberry leaves.
4. What is the point of view of the novel?
(a) First person.
(b) Third person omniscient.
(c) Second person.
(d) Third person limited.
5. What is one of the reasons Joel Sargent gives for deciding to sell all he owns to buy this new farm?
(a) The farmhouse.
(b) The ability to grow more food for the family.
(c) The sugar maples on the new land.
(d) The large amount of land as compared to only an acre or two in Marblehead.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Aunt Hespa's family from?
2. What is Marguerite untangling as the novel begins?
3. What is a bound-out girl?
4. How much older than Marguerite is Caleb?
5. What is a dory?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)