|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Summer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marguerite point out in the night sky to the children?
(a) The direction to their new home.
(c) A falling star.
(d) The full moon.
2. What is one of the reasons Joel Sargent gives for deciding to sell all he owns to buy this new farm?
(a) The sugar maples on the new land.
(b) The farmhouse.
(c) The ability to grow more food for the family.
(d) The large amount of land as compared to only an acre or two in Marblehead.
3. Who says the young man in Aunt Hespa's song was wrong to leave his lover?
(a) Ira Sargent.
(b) Seth Jordan.
(c) Ethan Jordan.
(d) Joel Sargent.
4. Where does young Jacob sit while eating his midday meal?
(a) On the ship's deck.
(b) On Marguerite's lap.
(c) On a keg.
(d) On the ship's rail.
5. What is Passageewakeag?
(a) A French term for homeland.
(b) A French term for cemetery.
(c) An Indian term for holy land.
(d) An Indian term for place of ghosts or spirits.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much older than Marguerite is Caleb?
2. What does Dolly Sargent use to nurse her baby on the ship?
3. What skill was Marguerite taught by the Sisters in a convent in France?
4. In Aunt Hespa's song, what happens to the young woman's lover?
5. How does Marguerite get a bruise on her forehead?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)