|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Summer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marguerite point out in the night sky to the children?
(a) The direction to their new home.
(c) A falling star.
(d) The full moon.
2. Who rescues Marguerite out of the water after she rescues the cow and calf?
(a) Caleb Sargent.
(b) Ira Sargent.
(c) Dolly Sargent.
(d) Joel Sargent.
3. What kind of dress to several of the Sargent children wish they could have?
(a) Dresses with long, stiff skirts.
(b) Dresses with color and patterns.
(c) Dresses of soft cotton.
(d) Dresses of silk.
4. Why does Marguerite only use French when she is alone?
(a) The Sargents do not approve of her use of the foreign tongue.
(b) She wants to surprise the Sargents by teaching the language to the children.
(c) She wants to keep it private, only for herself.
(d) The Sargents cannot understand, therefore she is trying to be polite.
5. Of whom is the poem Maypole Point about?
(c) Aunt Hespa.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a skiff?
2. What animal do the children find at Falmouth and decide to adopt?
3. What does grit mean as used in Part 1 of this novel?
4. What does Marguerite wear on a cord around her neck?
5. Why has the author begun her book with the poem Maypole Point?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)