|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Summer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To where were Marguerite, her uncle, and her grandmother planning to go when they left France?
(a) New York.
(b) St. Louis.
2. Who plays the fiddle during Marguerite's visit at Aunt Hespa's?
(a) Ethan Jordan.
(b) Joel Sargent.
(c) Seth Jordan.
(d) Ira Sargent.
3. When Marguerite is awoken by the storm, what is the first thing she does?
(a) Reaches for her rosary.
(b) Reaches for her money.
(c) Reaches for the children.
(d) Reaches for her belongings.
4. What animal does Marguerite think Dolly resembles in her homespun dress and scoop bonnet?
(a) A pig.
(b) A cow.
(c) A sheep.
(d) A hen.
5. What is the name of the place where Marguerite and her grandmother end up after they run out of money?
(d) Poor Farm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marguerite point out in the night sky to the children?
2. What does Caleb Sargent often call Marguerite in the beginning of the novel?
3. In Aunt Hespa's song, what happens to the young woman's lover?
4. Where are Aunt Hespa's family from?
5. Off of what island is it said is the best fishing in Penobscot Bay?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)