|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Summer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of dress to several of the Sargent children wish they could have?
(a) Dresses of silk.
(b) Dresses of soft cotton.
(c) Dresses with color and patterns.
(d) Dresses with long, stiff skirts.
2. What does Aunt Hespa boil in milk to help cure health complaints?
(a) Bayberry leaves.
(b) Mullein leaves.
(c) Sheep laurel petals.
3. What skill was Marguerite taught by the Sisters in a convent in France?
4. What does Marguerite wear on a cord around her neck?
(a) Her uncle's wedding ring and her grandmother's watch.
(b) A button of her uncle's and a brooch of her grandmother's.
(c) Her grandmother's ring and her uncle's photograph.
(d) One of her uncle's buttons and her grandmother's plain gold ring.
5. Where does young Jacob sit while eating his midday meal?
(a) On Marguerite's lap.
(b) On a keg.
(c) On the ship's rail.
(d) On the ship's deck.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Marguerite untangling as the novel begins?
2. Of whom is the poem Maypole Point about?
3. When Marguerite is awoken by the storm, what is the first thing she does?
4. To what does Caleb often compare Marguerite to, suggesting his thoughts as to her trustworthiness?
5. What does grit mean as used in Part 1 of this novel?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)