|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Summer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Champlain?
(a) A French explorer.
(b) A French painter.
(c) A French priest.
(d) A French aristocrat.
2. What does Dolly Sargent use to nurse her baby on the ship?
(a) A wooden cup.
(b) A rubber glove.
(c) Cleaned pig intestines.
(d) A hollowed out gourd filled with milk.
3. Who is the main character of Calico Bush?
(a) Marguerite Ledoux.
(b) Caleb Sargent.
(c) Dolly Sargent.
(d) Aunt Hespa.
4. What does Marguerite point out in the night sky to the children?
(a) The direction to their new home.
(b) The full moon.
(c) A falling star.
5. What does Marguerite quickly learn a bound-out girl is not expected to hold?
(a) Opinions of their own.
(d) The children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Jerusha?
2. What is a skiff?
3. How does Marguerite get a bruise on her forehead?
4. What does Aunt Hespa boil in milk to help cure health complaints?
5. Where are Aunt Hespa's family from?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)