|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Summer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Marguerite get a bruise on her forehead?
(a) She is punished by Joel Sargent for insolence.
(b) She falls below deck during the storm.
(c) She is kicked by one of the children in their sleep.
(d) She is hit with debris while helping to save the livestock during a storm.
2. What animal do the children find at Falmouth and decide to adopt?
(a) A dog.
(b) A bird.
(c) A tiger cub.
(d) A cat.
3. In what year does the novel begin?
4. Why does Marguerite decide Indians must not be so bad as they travel through Penobscot Bay?
(a) One saved a French explorer.
(b) They come from French Canada.
(c) A Baron of France married one.
(d) They often live with the French.
5. Who is the main character of Calico Bush?
(a) Caleb Sargent.
(b) Dolly Sargent.
(c) Aunt Hespa.
(d) Marguerite Ledoux.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the ship the Sargents are sailing on to get to their new farm?
2. What does Marguerite quickly learn a bound-out girl is not expected to hold?
3. Why does Marguerite only use French when she is alone?
4. Who is Jerusha?
5. Off of what island is it said is the best fishing in Penobscot Bay?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)