Eight Week Quiz E
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Winter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marguerite quickly learn a bound-out girl is not expected to hold?
(b) The children.
(d) Opinions of their own.
2. Why does Joel Sargent tell his wife the captain of the Isabella B stayed with them for so long?
(a) To give the family shelter on his boat.
(b) To help build the house.
(c) To look for a farm of his own.
(d) To ensure payment.
3. What is a reel?
(a) A type of party game.
(b) A type of musical instrument.
(c) A type of dance.
(d) A type of song.
4. Who does Dolly blame for the baby's burns?
(a) Joel for brining them there and herself for not teaching the child to fear fire.
(b) The twins for pushing the child close to the fire.
(c) Ira for putting too many logs on the fire.
(d) Marguerite for not watching the child closer.
5. What sport does Caleb indulge in that has resulted in great amounts of meat to be dried for winter use?
Short Answer Questions
1. What food remains the staple of the Sargents' diet during the long, harsh winter?
2. Why does Becky Sargent suggest the dog, Pumpkin, smells Indians?
3. What is a loom?
4. Who follows Marguerite to the grave when she finally has a chance to visit it?
5. How does Marguerite get a bruise on her forehead?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)