Eight Week Quiz B
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Summer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the point of view of the novel?
(a) Second person.
(b) Third person limited.
(c) First person.
(d) Third person omniscient.
2. How does Marguerite get a bruise on her forehead?
(a) She falls below deck during the storm.
(b) She is punished by Joel Sargent for insolence.
(c) She is hit with debris while helping to save the livestock during a storm.
(d) She is kicked by one of the children in their sleep.
3. Why does Marguerite decide Indians must not be so bad as they travel through Penobscot Bay?
(a) A Baron of France married one.
(b) One saved a French explorer.
(c) They come from French Canada.
(d) They often live with the French.
4. Where are Aunt Hespa's family from?
5. What does Marguerite wear on a cord around her neck?
(a) Her grandmother's ring and her uncle's photograph.
(b) One of her uncle's buttons and her grandmother's plain gold ring.
(c) Her uncle's wedding ring and her grandmother's watch.
(d) A button of her uncle's and a brooch of her grandmother's.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Aunt Hespa's song, what is the dress the young woman wanted to make her dress out of?
2. What does Marguerite point out in the night sky to the children?
3. What kind of dress to several of the Sargent children wish they could have?
4. What do the children eat with their bread that makes Dolly worry about their cleanliness?
5. What does Caleb Sargent often call Marguerite in the beginning of the novel?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)