|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Spring.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the things that delayed the sailing of the Isabella B prior to the Raising?
(a) Ira Sargent suffered a snake bite.
(b) Timothy Welles injured his hand.
(c) Ethan Jordan broke his leg.
(d) Abby Welles had a fever.
2. What does Aunt Hespa bring for Marguerite when she arrives at the Raising?
(a) New stockings.
(b) A new dress.
(c) A doll.
(d) Fresh herbs.
3. In part 3, where does Marguerite put the children to sleep while the men investigate the fire on Sargent's Point?
(a) The barn.
(b) The kitchen floor.
(c) Aunt Hespa's room.
(d) The loft where Seth and Ethan sleep.
4. How many children do the Sargents have?
5. What food does Patty expect to be served at the Jordans' corn shelling?
(a) Molasses cakes.
(b) Potato salad.
(c) Fried chicken.
(d) Hasty pudding.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who responds to Marguerite with friendliness at the Raising that brings Marguerite pleasure?
2. Where are Aunt Hespa's family from?
3. Who plays the fiddle during Marguerite's visit at Aunt Hespa's?
4. What treat does Abby talk her mother into serving Ira Sargent and Marguerite?
5. What landmark does Marguerite try to fix in her mind to recall once she returns to Sargent's Point?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)