|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Spring.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Marguerite she did the right thing after her encounter with the bear?
(a) Joel and Dolly Sargent.
(b) Seth Jordan.
(c) Aunt Hespa.
(d) Abby Welles.
2. In part 4, what do the twins draw straws to do?
(a) Wear a pair of shoes.
(b) Play with the maypole.
(c) Play with the doll.
(d) Go swimming.
3. What does Marguerite think of her reflection after having not seen herself for many months?
(a) She thinks she looks like an Indian.
(b) She is unhappy with the shape of her nose.
(c) She likes what she sees.
(d) Her reflection seems odd to her becasue it has matured some.
4. Why does Joel Sargent tell his wife the captain of the Isabella B stayed with them for so long?
(a) To help build the house.
(b) To give the family shelter on his boat.
(c) To ensure payment.
(d) To look for a farm of his own.
5. At the end of part 3, what is the first word Debby clearly speaks?
Short Answer Questions
1. What would Marguerite have learned to do at the convent if she had remained another year?
2. What are the guests at the Jordans' corn shelling expected to do?
3. In part 3, what advice does Seth Jordan give Joel Sargent when Joel plans on his return to Sargent's Point?
4. What change in her private thoughts does Marguerite suddenly notice in part 4?
5. What book does Aunt Hespa tell Marguerite inspired the quilt pattern Delectable Mountain?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)