|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Spring.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dolly Sargent use to nurse her baby on the ship?
(a) A hollowed out gourd filled with milk.
(b) A wooden cup.
(c) A rubber glove.
(d) Cleaned pig intestines.
2. How does Marguerite get a bruise on her forehead?
(a) She is hit with debris while helping to save the livestock during a storm.
(b) She is kicked by one of the children in their sleep.
(c) She falls below deck during the storm.
(d) She is punished by Joel Sargent for insolence.
3. Who tells Marguerite she did the right thing after her encounter with the bear?
(a) Aunt Hespa.
(b) Abby Welles.
(c) Seth Jordan.
(d) Joel and Dolly Sargent.
4. How has Ira Sargent created a calendar at the new farm?
(a) By cutting notches into a tree in the front yard.
(b) Cutting notches for each day into a pole beside the front door step.
(c) By cutting notches into a board.
(d) By cutting notches into the bed post.
5. What job did Marguerite want to attend to at the Raising?
(a) Filling the spaces between the logs on the new house.
(b) Minding the children.
(c) Keeping flies from the food.
(d) Cooking the wildfowl.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Marguerite catch sight of her reflection for the first time in many months?
2. What business did Marguerite's uncle plan to start in the New World?
3. At the end of part 3, what is the first word Debby clearly speaks?
4. What is a dory?
5. At the beginning of part 4, what does Ira wish there was between Sargent's Point and the Welles farm?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)