|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Spring.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dolly Sargent use to nurse her baby on the ship?
(a) Cleaned pig intestines.
(b) A rubber glove.
(c) A hollowed out gourd filled with milk.
(d) A wooden cup.
2. In part 3, who keeps watch through the night while the men go to check on the fire at Sargent's Point?
(a) The Jordan men.
(b) The Sargent men.
(c) The Stanley men.
(d) The Morse men.
3. How does Marguerite get a bruise on her forehead?
(a) She is punished by Joel Sargent for insolence.
(b) She falls below deck during the storm.
(c) She is hit with debris while helping to save the livestock during a storm.
(d) She is kicked by one of the children in their sleep.
4. What do the Sargents do with the sap once they have drained it from the trees?
(a) Boil it.
(b) Lay it in the sun to dry in sheets.
(c) Drink it.
(d) Store it away.
5. What news did Seth Jordan bring the Welles that Hannah demands more details about?
(a) Raids by the Indians during the winter.
(b) Jacob's injury.
(c) Marguerite's trek across the frozen channel.
(d) The death of Debby.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marguerite think of her reflection after having not seen herself for many months?
2. Where does young Jacob sit while eating his midday meal?
3. In part 2, Marguerite stumbles on a cave and finds a pile of bones near a cold fire. What else does she find?
4. Who does the children hope will come find them while they are lost in the woods in part 2?
5. To where were Marguerite, her uncle, and her grandmother planning to go when they left France?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)