|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Spring.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The growth of what plants signal the end of summer for Marguerite?
(a) Strawberries and beans.
(b) Goldenrod and blueberries.
(c) Goldenrod and red berries.
(d) Milk thistle and blue bonnets.
2. What item of clothing does Dolly threaten to make one of and force the other children to stay indoors while one wears it?
(b) Cotton underclothing.
(c) A dress.
3. What does Ira Sargent compare to pulling the teeth of a giant?
(a) Removing large stumps from the ground.
(b) Making the children obey.
(c) Encouraging Hannah Welles to accept his engagement to Abby.
(d) Forcing Marguerite to do a chore.
4. What job is Marguerite immediately given as the Raising starts?
(a) Filling the spaces between logs on the new house.
(b) Cooking the wildfowl.
(c) Watching over the children.
(d) Keeping flies from the food.
5. How does Marguerite catch sight of her reflection for the first time in many months?
(a) She sees her reflection in a window.
(b) She finds a mirror among Dolly's belongings.
(c) She sees her reflection in the water.
(d) She finds a looking glass in the woods.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Marguerite only use French when she is alone?
2. How much older than Marguerite is Caleb?
3. What cargo does the Fortunate Star carry?
4. In part 3, it is revealed that Ira plans to make his home where?
5. What does Marguerite point out in the night sky to the children?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)