|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Spring.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the roof of the cave darkened?
(a) The Indians have drawn on it.
(b) The damp has caused a growth of mold.
(c) The bears have rubbed against it, staining it with the oils from their coats.
(d) There have been many fires inside the cave.
2. In Part 2, rumors of what delayed the sailing of the Isabella B in one of two incidences?
(a) A French invasion.
(b) Heavy seas.
(c) Indian raids.
(d) Bad storms.
3. What book does Aunt Hespa tell Marguerite inspired the quilt pattern Delectable Mountain?
(a) The Bible.
(b) Pilgrim's Passage.
(c) Pilgrim's Pride.
(d) Pride and Prejudice.
4. What chore does Caleb allow Marguerite to do that she often finds wearisome, though she refuses to tell Caleb, in Part 2?
(a) Corn grinding.
(b) Scraping animal hides.
(c) Potato digging.
(d) Drying fish.
5. In part 2, what does Aunt Hespa tell Marguerite she is waiting for in order to complete the squares for her Delectable Mountain quilt?
(a) Special thread.
(d) Good wool.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sound does Marguerite hear in the fog that convinces her there are Indians surrounding her?
2. Where does young Jacob sit while eating his midday meal?
3. What is a bound-out girl?
4. What items has Seth Jordan given the Sargents to plant in their fields?
5. Who is Marguerite a little afraid of seeing when they reach the Welles' farm?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)