|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Spring.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the children talk about as they watch the men work at the Raising?
(a) They compare the men's tools.
(b) They compare the men's clothing.
(c) They compare the men's stamina.
(d) They compare the men's work abilities.
2. What is it rumored Ethan paid for Abby's gift?
(a) A shilling.
(b) Two pence.
(c) A pound sterling.
(d) Two pounds sterling.
3. How does Marguerite catch sight of her reflection for the first time in many months?
(a) She sees her reflection in the water.
(b) She finds a looking glass in the woods.
(c) She sees her reflection in a window.
(d) She finds a mirror among Dolly's belongings.
4. Who weighs heaviest on Marguerite's mind when she thinks of taking Joel Sargent's offer and leave Maine to live in a convent in French Canada?
(d) Aunt Hespa.
5. Why is the roof of the cave darkened?
(a) The damp has caused a growth of mold.
(b) There have been many fires inside the cave.
(c) The Indians have drawn on it.
(d) The bears have rubbed against it, staining it with the oils from their coats.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who follows Marguerite to the grave when she finally has a chance to visit it?
2. Why does Abby want to learn the embroidery stitches Marguerite learned to do in a convent in France?
3. What is an excuse for festivity as Marguerite guesses in the beginning of Part 2?
4. Who does Dolly blame for the baby's burns?
5. What is still left to be done in the Sargents' house after the Raising is done?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)