|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Spring.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In part 3, who expresses fear for Pumpkin the dog when the party at the Jordans' notice the smoke on Sargent's Point?
(a) The twins.
2. Who is Jerusha?
(a) A sheep.
(b) Joel's mother.
(c) A corncob doll.
(d) Dolly's sister.
3. Who weighs heaviest on Marguerite's mind when she thinks of taking Joel Sargent's offer and leave Maine to live in a convent in French Canada?
(d) Aunt Hespa.
4. How does Marguerite keep going in the right direction during her attempts to retrieve Aunt Hespa?
(a) She follows the Aurora Borealis.
(b) She follows Caleb.
(c) She follows Pumpkin.
(d) She follows the tip of the Big Dipper.
5. In part 2, what do the men spend most of their evenings doing?
(a) Building furniture.
(b) Whittling spoons out of wood.
(c) Reading the Bible.
(d) Telling stories of their childhoods.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does the novel begin?
2. Why does Abby want to learn the embroidery stitches Marguerite learned to do in a convent in France?
3. Why does Joel Sargent tell his wife the captain of the Isabella B stayed with them for so long?
4. In part 2, why does Joel Sargent forbid Marguerite from telling the neighbors about the items she found in the cave?
5. What chore does Marguerite take over in Ira's absence?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)