|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Spring.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What special clothing is Debby wearing for the Raising?
(a) A holland jumper.
(b) A silk christening dress.
(c) A homespun t-shirt and diaper.
(d) A cotton dress.
2. What is a reel?
(a) A type of party game.
(b) A type of musical instrument.
(c) A type of dance.
(d) A type of song.
3. How does Marguerite propose she reach Aunt Hespa for help in caring for Debby's burns?
(a) Walk across the frozen channel.
(b) Swim across the channel.
(c) Boat across the channel.
(d) Climb over the channel on an old rope bridge.
4. Who is Jerusha?
(a) A sheep.
(b) Joel's mother.
(c) A corncob doll.
(d) Dolly's sister.
5. What is the last thing the men do to the house before they finish work at the Raising?
(a) Carry the furniture into the house.
(b) Press moss into the cracks between the logs.
(c) Clean up the wood chips from the chopping of logs.
(d) Install glass in the windows.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of part 2, what does Aunt Hespa have Seth draw a pattern of Marguerite's feet on?
2. What animal does Marguerite think Dolly resembles in her homespun dress and scoop bonnet?
3. What is one of the reasons Joel Sargent gives for deciding to sell all he owns to buy this new farm?
4. What skill was Marguerite taught by the Sisters in a convent in France?
5. What image does Dolly suggest the neighbors will compare her children to if they are not washed and cleaned?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)