|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Spring.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What special addition did Dolly make to Marguerite and the twins' dress the morning of the Raising?
(a) New dresses.
(b) New shoes.
(c) Green ribbons for their hair.
(d) Blue yarn in their hair.
2. How much older than Marguerite is Caleb?
(a) Three years.
(b) Two years.
(c) The same age.
(d) A year.
3. What item of clothing does Dolly threaten to make one of and force the other children to stay indoors while one wears it?
(a) A dress.
(d) Cotton underclothing.
4. In Aunt Hespa's book, who kept Doubting Castle?
(a) Dark Depression.
(b) Giant Despair.
(d) Great Heart.
5. What image does Dolly suggest the neighbors will compare her children to if they are not washed and cleaned?
(a) Sheep just brought in from the fields.
(b) Pigs playing in slop.
(c) Cows caught in a muddy paddock.
(d) A horse lathered in sweat after a heavy run.
Short Answer Questions
1. The growth of what plants signal the end of summer for Marguerite?
2. What is the response of the sailors when Caleb asks to go with them to Boston?
3. What work do the women indulge after the large meal is finished during the Raising?
4. In part 3, what drink does Ira give the dog when it returns from its fight with the Indians?
5. Why does Dolly quickly insist on putting a splint on Joel's injured leg?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)