|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Spring.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the children talk about as they watch the men work at the Raising?
(a) They compare the men's clothing.
(b) They compare the men's stamina.
(c) They compare the men's work abilities.
(d) They compare the men's tools.
2. The growth of what plants signal the end of summer for Marguerite?
(a) Goldenrod and red berries.
(b) Milk thistle and blue bonnets.
(c) Goldenrod and blueberries.
(d) Strawberries and beans.
3. What type of dress that Abby is making does she show Marguerite on her visit in part 4?
4. What image does Dolly suggest the neighbors will compare her children to if they are not washed and cleaned?
(a) Sheep just brought in from the fields.
(b) Cows caught in a muddy paddock.
(c) A horse lathered in sweat after a heavy run.
(d) Pigs playing in slop.
5. Off of what island is it said is the best fishing in Penobscot Bay?
(a) Isle au Haut.
(b) Sunday Island.
(c) Mount Desert.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the point of view of the novel?
2. What is a loom?
3. How do Marguerite and Dolly get Joel back to the house after he is injured?
4. What does a voice in the chaos of the Indians fighting over the cloth from the Maypole say to Marguerite that causes her to stop fearing for herself and the children?
5. Why does Joel Sargent tell his wife the captain of the Isabella B stayed with them for so long?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)