|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Spring.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the girl in Aunt Hespa's song, Calico Bush?
2. What is one of the reasons Joel Sargent gives for deciding to sell all he owns to buy this new farm?
(a) The large amount of land as compared to only an acre or two in Marblehead.
(b) The sugar maples on the new land.
(c) The ability to grow more food for the family.
(d) The farmhouse.
3. What animal do the children find at Falmouth and decide to adopt?
(a) A cat.
(b) A bird.
(c) A dog.
(d) A tiger cub.
4. Who is Jerusha?
(a) Joel's mother.
(b) Dolly's sister.
(c) A corncob doll.
(d) A sheep.
5. What does Ira take to the Welles on his first visit after the worst of the winter storms?
(a) Store bought gifts.
(d) Maple sugar syrup.
Short Answer Questions
1. What about her own appearance does Marguerite become aware when sitting near Abby Welles?
2. What does Caleb Sargent often call Marguerite in the beginning of the novel?
3. As the weather warms, what fear comes over the Sargent family?
4. In part 3, what drink does Ira give the dog when it returns from its fight with the Indians?
5. Why does Abby want to learn the embroidery stitches Marguerite learned to do in a convent in France?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)