|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Spring.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the children talk about as they watch the men work at the Raising?
(a) They compare the men's clothing.
(b) They compare the men's tools.
(c) They compare the men's work abilities.
(d) They compare the men's stamina.
2. Who rescues Marguerite out of the water after she rescues the cow and calf?
(a) Dolly Sargent.
(b) Joel Sargent.
(c) Ira Sargent.
(d) Caleb Sargent.
3. What is the name of the ship the Sargents are sailing on to get to their new farm?
(c) Isabella B.
(d) Isadora D.
4. In Aunt Hespa's song, what happens to the young woman's lover?
(a) He froze to death while traveling to get his bride a nice wedding dress.
(b) He was murdered by theives.
(c) He died at sea.
(d) He froze to death working in the fields of his farm.
5. What does Joel do while in the throes of a fever in part 4?
(a) Scream out orders to Ira and Caleb.
(b) Moan in agony.
(c) Firght Indians.
(d) Cry out for Debby.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Joel Sargent refuse to ask any of his neighbors for more ammunition?
2. What type of dress that Abby is making does she show Marguerite on her visit in part 4?
3. In part 3, who sings the most often after the corn shelling is done?
4. Who is Jerusha?
5. What cargo does the Fortunate Star carry?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)