|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Spring.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To where were Marguerite, her uncle, and her grandmother planning to go when they left France?
(a) St. Louis.
(c) New York.
2. What work do the women indulge after the large meal is finished during the Raising?
(a) Darning socks.
(c) Washing dishes.
(d) Knitting and patchwork.
3. Who built the casket for Debby's body?
(a) Ethan Jordan.
(b) Joel Sargent.
(c) Seth Jordan.
(d) Ira Sargent.
4. Who says the young man in Aunt Hespa's song was wrong to leave his lover?
(a) Seth Jordan.
(b) Ira Sargent.
(c) Ethan Jordan.
(d) Joel Sargent.
5. What about her own appearance does Marguerite become aware when sitting near Abby Welles?
(a) Her old, outgrown dress.
(b) Her torn stockings.
(c) Her holey shoes.
(d) Her uncombed hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Caleb Sargent often call Marguerite in the beginning of the novel?
2. How many Indians does Marguerite see in the cover and in the woods at the end of Part 4?
3. What news did Seth Jordan bring the Welles that Hannah demands more details about?
4. Who tells Marguerite she did the right thing after her encounter with the bear?
5. Who weighs heaviest on Marguerite's mind when she thinks of taking Joel Sargent's offer and leave Maine to live in a convent in French Canada?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)