|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Spring.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who weighs heaviest on Marguerite's mind when she thinks of taking Joel Sargent's offer and leave Maine to live in a convent in French Canada?
(d) Aunt Hespa.
2. What is a trough?
(a) A type of tree.
(b) A place where animals eat.
(c) A bag filled with cornmeal.
(d) A long, narrow container.
3. What food remains the staple of the Sargents' diet during the long, harsh winter?
(a) Turnips, radishes, and potatoes.
(b) Turnips, cornmeal, and dried fish.
(c) Tomatoes, dried meat, and rice.
(d) Carrots, corn, and peas.
4. How does Marguerite catch sight of her reflection for the first time in many months?
(a) She finds a looking glass in the woods.
(b) She sees her reflection in the water.
(c) She finds a mirror among Dolly's belongings.
(d) She sees her reflection in a window.
5. What cargo does the Fortunate Star carry?
(a) Coffee and beans for the people of Boston.
(b) Dried goods for the Royal Navy.
(c) Cloth and tea for sale in Boston.
(d) Lumber to the Royal Navy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a voice in the chaos of the Indians fighting over the cloth from the Maypole say to Marguerite that causes her to stop fearing for herself and the children?
2. Who plays the fiddle during Marguerite's visit at Aunt Hespa's?
3. In part 3, where does Marguerite put the children to sleep while the men investigate the fire on Sargent's Point?
4. In part 2, what do the men spend most of their evenings doing?
5. What do the children talk about as they watch the men work at the Raising?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)