|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Spring.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Passageewakeag?
(a) An Indian term for place of ghosts or spirits.
(b) A French term for cemetery.
(c) A French term for homeland.
(d) An Indian term for holy land.
2. How does Marguerite propose she reach Aunt Hespa for help in caring for Debby's burns?
(a) Swim across the channel.
(b) Boat across the channel.
(c) Walk across the frozen channel.
(d) Climb over the channel on an old rope bridge.
3. What is the last thing the men do to the house before they finish work at the Raising?
(a) Press moss into the cracks between the logs.
(b) Clean up the wood chips from the chopping of logs.
(c) Install glass in the windows.
(d) Carry the furniture into the house.
4. Why does Marguerite tell the children people in France and England dance the Maypole?
(a) To ask for help from neighbors in time of trouble.
(b) To ask for help from the gods.
(c) To celebrate spring.
(d) To celebrate birthdays.
5. What do the children eat with their bread that makes Dolly worry about their cleanliness?
(c) Dried fruit.
Short Answer Questions
1. In part 4, what do the twins draw straws to do?
2. What is one of the things that delayed the sailing of the Isabella B prior to the Raising?
3. When Marguerite is awoken by the storm, what is the first thing she does?
4. What sport does Caleb indulge in that has resulted in great amounts of meat to be dried for winter use?
5. What chore are the children asked to work in order to prepare the soil for planting?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)