|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Spring.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In part 3, where does Marguerite put the children to sleep while the men investigate the fire on Sargent's Point?
(a) The loft where Seth and Ethan sleep.
(b) Aunt Hespa's room.
(c) The barn.
(d) The kitchen floor.
2. What does grit mean as used in Part 1 of this novel?
3. At the end of part 2, why does Aunt Hespa have Seth draw a pattern of Marguerite's feet?
(a) To help her learn how to make her own stockings.
(b) To create a sock-like thing to help her new boots fit better.
(c) To prepare to build her new shoes.
(d) To show her how to make a drawing of a turkey.
4. Who does the children hope will come find them while they are lost in the woods in part 2?
5. What chore does Marguerite take over in Ira's absence?
(a) Collecting the sugar maple sap.
(b) Feeding the livestock.
(c) Marking the days on his makeshift calendar.
(d) Pulling weeds in the fields.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who follows Marguerite to the grave when she finally has a chance to visit it?
2. What is a jog?
3. What is still left to be done in the Sargents' house after the Raising is done?
4. How does Susan claim the Indians eat their clams in part 4?
5. What news did Seth Jordan bring the Welles that Hannah demands more details about?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)