|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Spring.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Marguerite propose she reach Aunt Hespa for help in caring for Debby's burns?
(a) Swim across the channel.
(b) Climb over the channel on an old rope bridge.
(c) Boat across the channel.
(d) Walk across the frozen channel.
2. What unpleasant side effect does a storm have on the occupants of the Sargent home in part 3?
(a) It causes water to drip on the fire and cause smoke to fill the house.
(b) It causes the fire to go out.
(c) It causes the animals to flee the area.
(d) It causes wind to blow through cracks at the windows.
3. What is still left to be done in the Sargents' house after the Raising is done?
(a) A stove needs to be brought from Marblehead.
(b) Floors to be laid and furnishing constructed.
(c) Bedrooms are to be added later.
(d) Windows need glass.
4. At the end of part 2, what does Aunt Hespa have Seth draw a pattern of Marguerite's feet on?
(d) The floor.
5. What is the name of the ship the Sargents are sailing on to get to their new farm?
(a) Isadora D.
(b) Isabella B.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does young Jacob sit while eating his midday meal?
2. What is an excuse for festivity as Marguerite guesses in the beginning of Part 2?
3. What is Marguerite untangling as the novel begins?
4. Who taught Marguerite to dance the pavane?
5. At the end of part 3, what is the first word Debby clearly speaks?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)