|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Spring.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it rumored Ethan paid for Abby's gift?
(a) Two pounds sterling.
(b) A pound sterling.
(c) A shilling.
(d) Two pence.
2. In part 3, how does Marguerite spend the long night while the men check the fire at Sargent's Point?
(a) Reciting the rosary despite her lack of beads.
(d) Reciting old prayers from the Bible.
3. What is Passageewakeag?
(a) A French term for cemetery.
(b) An Indian term for place of ghosts or spirits.
(c) An Indian term for holy land.
(d) A French term for homeland.
4. Who does Marguerite think of when she and the Sargents indulge in the maple sugar?
(a) Seth Jordan.
(b) Abby Welles.
(c) Aunt Hespa.
5. What type of dress that Abby is making does she show Marguerite on her visit in part 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dolly Sargent use to nurse her baby on the ship?
2. Off of what island is it said is the best fishing in Penobscot Bay?
3. In Aunt Hespa's song, what happens to the young woman's lover?
4. What do the children eat with their bread that makes Dolly worry about their cleanliness?
5. Who are the Morses?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)