|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Spring.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What items has Seth Jordan given the Sargents to plant in their fields?
(a) Potatoes and tomatoes.
(b) Turnips and radishes.
(c) Barley and potatoes.
(d) Turnips and tomatoes.
2. How does Susan claim the Indians eat their clams in part 4?
(a) Cooked wrapped in seaweed.
(b) Cooked in a stew.
(d) Fried in oil.
3. What does Ira take to the Welles on his first visit after the worst of the winter storms?
(a) Maple sugar syrup.
(c) Store bought gifts.
4. Why did Marguerite not attend Debby's burial?
(a) The Sargents would not allow it.
(b) She had a cold.
(c) She refused to accept the child's death.
(d) Her feet were too swollen from the cold.
5. What sport does Caleb indulge in that has resulted in great amounts of meat to be dried for winter use?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Marguerite she did the right thing after her encounter with the bear?
2. At the end of part 2, what does Aunt Hespa have Seth draw a pattern of Marguerite's feet on?
3. Why does Dolly quickly insist on putting a splint on Joel's injured leg?
4. How has Ira Sargent created a calendar at the new farm?
5. In part 2, why does Joel Sargent forbid Marguerite from telling the neighbors about the items she found in the cave?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)