|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Spring.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What work do the women indulge after the large meal is finished during the Raising?
(b) Darning socks.
(c) Washing dishes.
(d) Knitting and patchwork.
2. In part 2, what do the men spend most of their evenings doing?
(a) Telling stories of their childhoods.
(b) Whittling spoons out of wood.
(c) Reading the Bible.
(d) Building furniture.
3. What does Caleb ask Marguerite to take care of in his absence?
(a) His dried fish and fishing pole.
(b) His drying squirrel skins and wooden boat.
(c) His hunting rifle and ammunition.
(d) His collection of seashells.
4. Which of the children begins to show the most ill effects from the harsh winter weather?
5. What food does Patty expect to be served at the Jordans' corn shelling?
(a) Potato salad.
(b) Hasty pudding.
(c) Fried chicken.
(d) Molasses cakes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job is Marguerite immediately given as the Raising starts?
2. How many children do the Stanleys have?
3. Who weighs heaviest on Marguerite's mind when she thinks of taking Joel Sargent's offer and leave Maine to live in a convent in French Canada?
4. In Aunt Hespa's song, what happens to the young woman's lover?
5. What is a bound-out girl?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)