|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Fall.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal does Marguerite think Dolly resembles in her homespun dress and scoop bonnet?
(a) A cow.
(b) A pig.
(c) A hen.
(d) A sheep.
2. What does grit mean as used in Part 1 of this novel?
3. What are the mugs made of that Aunt Hespa serves milk in after Marguerite's ordeal in the channel saving the cows?
4. What do Marguerite and the twins spend the morning of the Raising doing?
(b) Planting rows of corn.
(c) Garnishing puddings and cakes.
(d) Picking feathers from wildfowl.
5. What job is Marguerite immediately given as the Raising starts?
(a) Keeping flies from the food.
(b) Filling the spaces between logs on the new house.
(c) Watching over the children.
(d) Cooking the wildfowl.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the roof of the cave darkened?
2. What does Aunt Hespa boil in milk to help cure health complaints?
3. What chore does Caleb allow Marguerite to do that she often finds wearisome, though she refuses to tell Caleb, in Part 2?
4. What does Dolly say at the beginning of Part 2 she is grateful for?
5. From what port in France did Marguerite, her uncle, and her grandmother sail from the year before the opening of the novel?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)