|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Fall.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose fresh dress and white knitted stockings makes Marguerite feel self conscious?
(a) Hannah Welles.
(b) Abby Welles.
(c) Eliza Stanley.
(d) Mary Jane Morse.
2. What is the name of the ship the Sargents are sailing on to get to their new farm?
(b) Isadora D.
(d) Isabella B.
3. Off of what island is it said is the best fishing in Penobscot Bay?
(a) Isle au Haut.
(c) Sunday Island.
(d) Mount Desert.
4. Who responds to Marguerite with friendliness at the Raising that brings Marguerite pleasure?
(a) Abby Welles.
(b) Ira Sargent.
(c) Dolly Sargent.
(d) Caleb Sargent.
5. What does Caleb criticize Marguerite for doing after she saw the bear?
(a) For scaring it away.
(b) For allowing the dog to attack it.
(c) For allowing the children to follow the dog.
(d) For leaving the butter in the stream.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does young Jacob sit while eating his midday meal?
2. In part 2, what bird does Marguerite show a reluctance to eat?
3. The growth of what plants signal the end of summer for Marguerite?
4. How does Marguerite catch sight of her reflection for the first time in many months?
5. What do the children eat with their bread that makes Dolly worry about their cleanliness?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)