|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Fall.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 2, rumors of what delayed the sailing of the Isabella B in one of two incidences?
(a) Heavy seas.
(b) Bad storms.
(c) Indian raids.
(d) A French invasion.
2. From what port in France did Marguerite, her uncle, and her grandmother sail from the year before the opening of the novel?
(a) Le Havre.
3. What does grit mean as used in Part 1 of this novel?
4. How many pairs of shoes does Dolly tell Aunt Hespa there are for her children and Marguerite that winter in Part 2?
(a) Two pair for four children and none for Marguerite.
(b) One pair for two children and one for Marguerite.
(c) Enough for everyone.
(d) Three pair for five children and two for Marguerite.
5. What special clothing is Debby wearing for the Raising?
(a) A homespun t-shirt and diaper.
(b) A cotton dress.
(c) A silk christening dress.
(d) A holland jumper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of dress to several of the Sargent children wish they could have?
2. How has Ira Sargent created a calendar at the new farm?
3. What crops did the Sargents plant upon their arrival that are just coming up in Part 2?
4. What does Marguerite wear on a cord around her neck?
5. In what year does the novel begin?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)