|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Fall.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Passageewakeag?
(a) A French term for homeland.
(b) A French term for cemetery.
(c) An Indian term for place of ghosts or spirits.
(d) An Indian term for holy land.
2. Who is the main character of Calico Bush?
(a) Caleb Sargent.
(b) Dolly Sargent.
(c) Marguerite Ledoux.
(d) Aunt Hespa.
3. Who are the Morses?
(a) Neighbors of the Sargents.
(b) Cousins to the Jordans.
(c) The local magistrate.
(d) Marguerite's family.
4. What is a dory?
(a) A small boat.
(b) A large ship.
(c) A bird.
(d) A tool.
5. When Marguerite finds the cave in the woods, what about it frightens her?
(a) The bats.
(b) The closeness.
(c) The idea of bears.
(d) The smell.
Short Answer Questions
1. What special clothing is Debby wearing for the Raising?
2. What does Marguerite wear on a cord around her neck?
3. When Marguerite is awoken by the storm, what is the first thing she does?
4. Who plays the fiddle during Marguerite's visit at Aunt Hespa's?
5. Off of what island is it said is the best fishing in Penobscot Bay?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)