|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Fall.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of dress to several of the Sargent children wish they could have?
(a) Dresses of soft cotton.
(b) Dresses of silk.
(c) Dresses with color and patterns.
(d) Dresses with long, stiff skirts.
2. What do the children talk about as they watch the men work at the Raising?
(a) They compare the men's clothing.
(b) They compare the men's work abilities.
(c) They compare the men's tools.
(d) They compare the men's stamina.
3. In part 2, what does Aunt Hespa tell Marguerite she is waiting for in order to complete the squares for her Delectable Mountain quilt?
(b) Special thread.
(c) Good wool.
4. What does grit mean as used in Part 1 of this novel?
5. In part 2, what bird does Marguerite show a reluctance to eat?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the last thing the men do to the house before they finish work at the Raising?
2. How does Marguerite get a bruise on her forehead?
3. Who are the Morses?
4. What is the point of view of the novel?
5. What does Aunt Hespa boil in milk to help cure health complaints?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)