|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Fall.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who rescues Marguerite out of the water after she rescues the cow and calf?
(a) Dolly Sargent.
(b) Ira Sargent.
(c) Caleb Sargent.
(d) Joel Sargent.
2. What reason does the captain give for changing the originally intended course of the ship to the new farm?
(a) The ship is heavily loaded.
(b) There are too many children on board to risk a slower route.
(c) There are too many storms in the area.
(d) The ship is too light.
3. Whose fresh dress and white knitted stockings makes Marguerite feel self conscious?
(a) Abby Welles.
(b) Mary Jane Morse.
(c) Hannah Welles.
(d) Eliza Stanley.
4. What is a dory?
(a) A tool.
(b) A small boat.
(c) A bird.
(d) A large ship.
5. Why is the roof of the cave darkened?
(a) The bears have rubbed against it, staining it with the oils from their coats.
(b) The damp has caused a growth of mold.
(c) There have been many fires inside the cave.
(d) The Indians have drawn on it.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Marguerite catch sight of her reflection for the first time in many months?
2. Who is Champlain?
3. How many pairs of shoes does Dolly tell Aunt Hespa there are for her children and Marguerite that winter in Part 2?
4. When Marguerite finds the cave in the woods, what about it frightens her?
5. Why does Marguerite only use French when she is alone?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)