|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Fall.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Becky Sargent suggest the dog, Pumpkin, smells Indians?
(a) He is chasing the neighbors from house.
(b) He is chasing his tail.
(c) He is sniffing at the ground.
(d) He is barking his afraid bark.
2. Why does Marguerite only use French when she is alone?
(a) The Sargents cannot understand, therefore she is trying to be polite.
(b) She wants to keep it private, only for herself.
(c) The Sargents do not approve of her use of the foreign tongue.
(d) She wants to surprise the Sargents by teaching the language to the children.
3. When Marguerite finds the cave in the woods, what about it frightens her?
(a) The bats.
(b) The closeness.
(c) The idea of bears.
(d) The smell.
4. How many children do the Sargents have?
5. Why does Joel Sargent tell his wife the captain of the Isabella B stayed with them for so long?
(a) To help build the house.
(b) To give the family shelter on his boat.
(c) To ensure payment.
(d) To look for a farm of his own.
Short Answer Questions
1. In part 2, why does Joel Sargent forbid Marguerite from telling the neighbors about the items she found in the cave?
2. What chore does Caleb allow Marguerite to do that she often finds wearisome, though she refuses to tell Caleb, in Part 2?
3. What does Dolly say at the beginning of Part 2 she is grateful for?
4. How does Marguerite catch sight of her reflection for the first time in many months?
5. Where does young Jacob sit while eating his midday meal?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)