|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Fall.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says the young man in Aunt Hespa's song was wrong to leave his lover?
(a) Seth Jordan.
(b) Ethan Jordan.
(c) Ira Sargent.
(d) Joel Sargent.
2. What does Marguerite quickly learn a bound-out girl is not expected to hold?
(a) Opinions of their own.
(d) The children.
3. What does Dolly Sargent use to nurse her baby on the ship?
(a) A wooden cup.
(b) Cleaned pig intestines.
(c) A hollowed out gourd filled with milk.
(d) A rubber glove.
4. What kind of dress to several of the Sargent children wish they could have?
(a) Dresses with color and patterns.
(b) Dresses of soft cotton.
(c) Dresses of silk.
(d) Dresses with long, stiff skirts.
5. Why does Becky Sargent suggest the dog, Pumpkin, smells Indians?
(a) He is sniffing at the ground.
(b) He is chasing his tail.
(c) He is chasing the neighbors from house.
(d) He is barking his afraid bark.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the main character of Calico Bush?
2. In part 2, what do the men spend most of their evenings doing?
3. From what port in France did Marguerite, her uncle, and her grandmother sail from the year before the opening of the novel?
4. How many children do the Sargents have?
5. What does Aunt Hespa boil in milk to help cure health complaints?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)