|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Fall.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the roof of the cave darkened?
(a) The bears have rubbed against it, staining it with the oils from their coats.
(b) The Indians have drawn on it.
(c) There have been many fires inside the cave.
(d) The damp has caused a growth of mold.
2. Where does young Jacob sit while eating his midday meal?
(a) On the ship's deck.
(b) On a keg.
(c) On the ship's rail.
(d) On Marguerite's lap.
3. Who is the main character of Calico Bush?
(a) Marguerite Ledoux.
(b) Dolly Sargent.
(c) Caleb Sargent.
(d) Aunt Hespa.
4. What does Aunt Hespa boil in milk to help cure health complaints?
(a) Bayberry leaves.
(c) Sheep laurel petals.
(d) Mullein leaves.
5. What is an excuse for festivity as Marguerite guesses in the beginning of Part 2?
(a) Wool gathering.
(b) Corn shelling.
(c) A roof raising.
(d) Barn raising.
Short Answer Questions
1. In part 2, what bird does Marguerite show a reluctance to eat?
2. How do the twins explain to Marguerite the crickets make their noises?
3. What did the captain say takes you places without waiting for no road?
4. Why has the author begun her book with the poem Maypole Point?
5. Who are the Morses?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)