|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Fall.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Caleb often compare Marguerite to, suggesting his thoughts as to her trustworthiness?
2. What image does Dolly suggest the neighbors will compare her children to if they are not washed and cleaned?
(a) A horse lathered in sweat after a heavy run.
(b) Sheep just brought in from the fields.
(c) Pigs playing in slop.
(d) Cows caught in a muddy paddock.
3. What job did Marguerite want to attend to at the Raising?
(a) Minding the children.
(b) Cooking the wildfowl.
(c) Filling the spaces between the logs on the new house.
(d) Keeping flies from the food.
4. What is Passageewakeag?
(a) An Indian term for place of ghosts or spirits.
(b) A French term for homeland.
(c) An Indian term for holy land.
(d) A French term for cemetery.
5. What do the children talk about as they watch the men work at the Raising?
(a) They compare the men's work abilities.
(b) They compare the men's tools.
(c) They compare the men's stamina.
(d) They compare the men's clothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says the young man in Aunt Hespa's song was wrong to leave his lover?
2. Why has the author begun her book with the poem Maypole Point?
3. What is the point of view of the novel?
4. In what year does the novel begin?
5. How many pairs of shoes does Dolly tell Aunt Hespa there are for her children and Marguerite that winter in Part 2?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)