|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Fall.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Champlain?
(a) A French aristocrat.
(b) A French explorer.
(c) A French painter.
(d) A French priest.
2. In Aunt Hespa's song, what is the dress the young woman wanted to make her dress out of?
(a) Sprigged calico.
(c) Spun cotton.
3. Off of what island is it said is the best fishing in Penobscot Bay?
(a) Mount Desert.
(b) Sunday Island.
(c) Isle au Haut.
4. What crops did the Sargents plant upon their arrival that are just coming up in Part 2?
(a) Potatoes, rice, and watermelon.
(b) Potatoes, tomatoes, and beans.
(c) Corn, rice, and radishes.
(d) Corn, turnips, and potatoes.
5. Who is Jerusha?
(a) A corncob doll.
(b) A sheep.
(c) Joel's mother.
(d) Dolly's sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal do the children find at Falmouth and decide to adopt?
2. In part 2, what bird does Marguerite show a reluctance to eat?
3. How does Marguerite get a bruise on her forehead?
4. What does Marguerite point out in the night sky to the children?
5. In part 2, why does Joel Sargent forbid Marguerite from telling the neighbors about the items she found in the cave?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)