|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Fall.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What special addition did Dolly make to Marguerite and the twins' dress the morning of the Raising?
(a) Green ribbons for their hair.
(b) New shoes.
(c) Blue yarn in their hair.
(d) New dresses.
2. In part 2, Marguerite stumbles on a cave and finds a pile of bones near a cold fire. What else does she find?
(a) A child's toy.
(b) A woman's necklace.
(c) A woman's petticoat.
(d) A child's shoe buckle.
3. What job is Marguerite immediately given as the Raising starts?
(a) Keeping flies from the food.
(b) Cooking the wildfowl.
(c) Filling the spaces between logs on the new house.
(d) Watching over the children.
4. Why does Joel Sargent tell his wife the captain of the Isabella B stayed with them for so long?
(a) To give the family shelter on his boat.
(b) To ensure payment.
(c) To look for a farm of his own.
(d) To help build the house.
5. What image does Dolly suggest the neighbors will compare her children to if they are not washed and cleaned?
(a) Sheep just brought in from the fields.
(b) Pigs playing in slop.
(c) Cows caught in a muddy paddock.
(d) A horse lathered in sweat after a heavy run.
Short Answer Questions
1. What special clothing is Debby wearing for the Raising?
2. Why does Becky Sargent suggest the dog, Pumpkin, smells Indians?
3. Who are the Morses?
4. In Part 2, rumors of what delayed the sailing of the Isabella B in one of two incidences?
5. What work do the women indulge after the large meal is finished during the Raising?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)