|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Fall.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal does Marguerite think Dolly resembles in her homespun dress and scoop bonnet?
(a) A hen.
(b) A pig.
(c) A sheep.
(d) A cow.
2. What is one of the reasons Joel Sargent gives for deciding to sell all he owns to buy this new farm?
(a) The large amount of land as compared to only an acre or two in Marblehead.
(b) The ability to grow more food for the family.
(c) The sugar maples on the new land.
(d) The farmhouse.
3. Who rescues Marguerite out of the water after she rescues the cow and calf?
(a) Ira Sargent.
(b) Joel Sargent.
(c) Dolly Sargent.
(d) Caleb Sargent.
4. What is one of the things that delayed the sailing of the Isabella B prior to the Raising?
(a) Ira Sargent suffered a snake bite.
(b) Abby Welles had a fever.
(c) Ethan Jordan broke his leg.
(d) Timothy Welles injured his hand.
5. Who are the Morses?
(a) The local magistrate.
(b) Cousins to the Jordans.
(c) Neighbors of the Sargents.
(d) Marguerite's family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job is Marguerite immediately given as the Raising starts?
2. What did the captain say takes you places without waiting for no road?
3. Why has the author begun her book with the poem Maypole Point?
4. What chore does Caleb allow Marguerite to do that she often finds wearisome, though she refuses to tell Caleb, in Part 2?
5. How many children do the Sargents have?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)