|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Fall.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What business did Marguerite's uncle plan to start in the New World?
(a) A dance studio.
(b) A shoe repair shop.
(c) A music store.
(d) A violin repair shop.
2. Who is Jerusha?
(a) Dolly's sister.
(b) A sheep.
(c) Joel's mother.
(d) A corncob doll.
3. What does Marguerite wear on a cord around her neck?
(a) Her uncle's wedding ring and her grandmother's watch.
(b) One of her uncle's buttons and her grandmother's plain gold ring.
(c) A button of her uncle's and a brooch of her grandmother's.
(d) Her grandmother's ring and her uncle's photograph.
4. Who says the young man in Aunt Hespa's song was wrong to leave his lover?
(a) Seth Jordan.
(b) Ira Sargent.
(c) Joel Sargent.
(d) Ethan Jordan.
5. What reason does the captain give for changing the originally intended course of the ship to the new farm?
(a) The ship is heavily loaded.
(b) There are too many storms in the area.
(c) The ship is too light.
(d) There are too many children on board to risk a slower route.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Caleb Sargent often call Marguerite in the beginning of the novel?
2. In part 2, what does Aunt Hespa tell Marguerite she is waiting for in order to complete the squares for her Delectable Mountain quilt?
3. Why does Marguerite decide Indians must not be so bad as they travel through Penobscot Bay?
4. What image does Dolly suggest the neighbors will compare her children to if they are not washed and cleaned?
5. What are the mugs made of that Aunt Hespa serves milk in after Marguerite's ordeal in the channel saving the cows?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)