|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Fall.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many pairs of shoes does Dolly tell Aunt Hespa there are for her children and Marguerite that winter in Part 2?
(a) Enough for everyone.
(b) Two pair for four children and none for Marguerite.
(c) One pair for two children and one for Marguerite.
(d) Three pair for five children and two for Marguerite.
2. What is the point of view of the novel?
(a) Third person omniscient.
(b) Third person limited.
(c) Second person.
(d) First person.
3. What is the name of the place where Marguerite and her grandmother end up after they run out of money?
(c) Poor Farm.
4. What is a skiff?
(a) A small boat.
(b) A surf board.
(c) A large sailboat.
(d) A laundry tool.
5. How many children do the Sargents have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What special clothing is Debby wearing for the Raising?
2. The growth of what plants signal the end of summer for Marguerite?
3. What do Marguerite and the twins spend the morning of the Raising doing?
4. What does Hannah Welles claim is tempting Providence in Part 2?
5. What is the last thing the men do to the house before they finish work at the Raising?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)