|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Fall.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In part 2, Marguerite stumbles on a cave and finds a pile of bones near a cold fire. What else does she find?
(a) A woman's petticoat.
(b) A child's shoe buckle.
(c) A child's toy.
(d) A woman's necklace.
2. What is a loom?
(a) A device that weaves thread into cloth.
(b) A device that dyes raw wool.
(c) A device that makes thread from wool.
(d) A device that cleans raw wool.
3. Why is the roof of the cave darkened?
(a) The bears have rubbed against it, staining it with the oils from their coats.
(b) The Indians have drawn on it.
(c) The damp has caused a growth of mold.
(d) There have been many fires inside the cave.
4. Who is Jerusha?
(a) A sheep.
(b) Joel's mother.
(c) A corncob doll.
(d) Dolly's sister.
5. In part 2, what bird does Marguerite show a reluctance to eat?
Short Answer Questions
1. In part 2, why does Joel Sargent forbid Marguerite from telling the neighbors about the items she found in the cave?
2. What are the mugs made of that Aunt Hespa serves milk in after Marguerite's ordeal in the channel saving the cows?
3. At the end of part 2, why does Aunt Hespa have Seth draw a pattern of Marguerite's feet?
4. What does grit mean as used in Part 1 of this novel?
5. What is a skiff?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)