|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Fall.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Champlain?
(a) A French aristocrat.
(b) A French explorer.
(c) A French painter.
(d) A French priest.
2. When Marguerite finds the cave in the woods, what about it frightens her?
(a) The idea of bears.
(b) The closeness.
(c) The bats.
(d) The smell.
3. Who is Seth Jordan?
(a) The governor of the village where the Sargents are settling.
(b) The previous owner of the Sargents' farm.
(c) Marguerite's cousin.
(d) One of the Sargents' new neighbors.
4. In Aunt Hespa's song, what is the dress the young woman wanted to make her dress out of?
(a) Sprigged calico.
(d) Spun cotton.
5. Who are the Morses?
(a) Neighbors of the Sargents.
(b) The local magistrate.
(c) Cousins to the Jordans.
(d) Marguerite's family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the captain say takes you places without waiting for no road?
2. In Part 2, rumors of what delayed the sailing of the Isabella B in one of two incidences?
3. Of whom is the poem Maypole Point about?
4. What do the children talk about as they watch the men work at the Raising?
5. Who is the main character of Calico Bush?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)