|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Fall.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the mugs made of that Aunt Hespa serves milk in after Marguerite's ordeal in the channel saving the cows?
2. What is Marguerite untangling as the novel begins?
3. What does Marguerite wear on a cord around her neck?
(a) Her grandmother's ring and her uncle's photograph.
(b) One of her uncle's buttons and her grandmother's plain gold ring.
(c) A button of her uncle's and a brooch of her grandmother's.
(d) Her uncle's wedding ring and her grandmother's watch.
4. Who is Seth Jordan?
(a) One of the Sargents' new neighbors.
(b) The previous owner of the Sargents' farm.
(c) Marguerite's cousin.
(d) The governor of the village where the Sargents are settling.
5. How does Marguerite get a bruise on her forehead?
(a) She is kicked by one of the children in their sleep.
(b) She falls below deck during the storm.
(c) She is hit with debris while helping to save the livestock during a storm.
(d) She is punished by Joel Sargent for insolence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the place where Marguerite and her grandmother end up after they run out of money?
2. What is a dory?
3. Who is Champlain?
4. At the end of part 2, what does Aunt Hespa have Seth draw a pattern of Marguerite's feet on?
5. What is Passageewakeag?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)