|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Fall.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job is Marguerite immediately given as the Raising starts?
(a) Keeping flies from the food.
(b) Cooking the wildfowl.
(c) Filling the spaces between logs on the new house.
(d) Watching over the children.
2. What does Aunt Hespa bring for Marguerite when she arrives at the Raising?
(a) A new dress.
(b) Fresh herbs.
(c) New stockings.
(d) A doll.
3. Who is to sail with the Isabella B when it leaves for Portsmouth?
(a) Timothy and Abby Welles.
(b) Ira Sargent and Caleb Sargent.
(c) Timothy Welles and Ethan Jordan.
(d) Ira Sargent and Ethan Jordan.
4. What is an excuse for festivity as Marguerite guesses in the beginning of Part 2?
(a) Wool gathering.
(b) Corn shelling.
(c) Barn raising.
(d) A roof raising.
5. Why does Marguerite decide Indians must not be so bad as they travel through Penobscot Bay?
(a) They come from French Canada.
(b) One saved a French explorer.
(c) A Baron of France married one.
(d) They often live with the French.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the children eat with their bread that makes Dolly worry about their cleanliness?
2. What is the last thing the men do to the house before they finish work at the Raising?
3. How many children do the Sargents have?
4. Off of what island is it said is the best fishing in Penobscot Bay?
5. Who says the young man in Aunt Hespa's song was wrong to leave his lover?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)