|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Fall.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a loom?
(a) A device that weaves thread into cloth.
(b) A device that dyes raw wool.
(c) A device that cleans raw wool.
(d) A device that makes thread from wool.
2. What item of clothing does Aunt Hespa give to Marguerite at the end of part 2?
(b) A new dress.
(c) Cotton underclothing.
3. In part 2, what bird does Marguerite show a reluctance to eat?
4. How does Marguerite catch sight of her reflection for the first time in many months?
(a) She sees her reflection in the water.
(b) She sees her reflection in a window.
(c) She finds a mirror among Dolly's belongings.
(d) She finds a looking glass in the woods.
5. What does Hannah Welles claim is tempting Providence in Part 2?
(a) Ignoring the advice of neighbors.
(b) Moving into the new house after blood was spilled in the doorway.
(c) Allowing Aunt Hepsa to sew a cut on Jacob's head.
(d) Living so close to a known Indian burial ground.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children do the Stanleys have?
2. What is the name of the ship the Sargents are sailing on to get to their new farm?
3. What sport does Caleb indulge in that has resulted in great amounts of meat to be dried for winter use?
4. What is Passageewakeag?
5. What is an excuse for festivity as Marguerite guesses in the beginning of Part 2?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)