|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Fall.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of whom is the poem Maypole Point about?
(a) Aunt Hespa.
2. To where were Marguerite, her uncle, and her grandmother planning to go when they left France?
(b) St. Louis.
(c) New York.
3. What is the name of the ship the Sargents are sailing on to get to their new farm?
(b) Isadora D.
(d) Isabella B.
4. What is Marguerite untangling as the novel begins?
5. What is the name of the place where Marguerite and her grandmother end up after they run out of money?
(b) Poor Farm.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what port in France did Marguerite, her uncle, and her grandmother sail from the year before the opening of the novel?
2. What is a skiff?
3. What is a bound-out girl?
4. What crops did the Sargents plant upon their arrival that are just coming up in Part 2?
5. What is a dory?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)