|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Fall.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Marguerite decide Indians must not be so bad as they travel through Penobscot Bay?
(a) They come from French Canada.
(b) A Baron of France married one.
(c) One saved a French explorer.
(d) They often live with the French.
2. In Part 2, rumors of what delayed the sailing of the Isabella B in one of two incidences?
(a) Heavy seas.
(b) Bad storms.
(c) A French invasion.
(d) Indian raids.
3. In Aunt Hespa's song, what happens to the young woman's lover?
(a) He froze to death working in the fields of his farm.
(b) He froze to death while traveling to get his bride a nice wedding dress.
(c) He died at sea.
(d) He was murdered by theives.
4. What reason does the captain give for changing the originally intended course of the ship to the new farm?
(a) The ship is heavily loaded.
(b) The ship is too light.
(c) There are too many children on board to risk a slower route.
(d) There are too many storms in the area.
5. What does Aunt Hespa bring for Marguerite when she arrives at the Raising?
(a) A doll.
(b) New stockings.
(c) Fresh herbs.
(d) A new dress.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who responds to Marguerite with friendliness at the Raising that brings Marguerite pleasure?
2. What image does Dolly suggest the neighbors will compare her children to if they are not washed and cleaned?
3. The growth of what plants signal the end of summer for Marguerite?
4. What skill was Marguerite taught by the Sisters in a convent in France?
5. What is a loom?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)